Julian Wyatt Glover, CBE (born 27 March 1935 in London, England) is an English actor.
He is best-known for his villainous roles in some of the most iconic franchises in the history of screen entertainment, such as Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Game of Thrones.
- 1959 A Midsummer Night's Dream as Snug
- 1963 Tom Jones as Northerton
- 1967 Quatermass and the Pit as Colonel Breen
- 1967 Theatre of Death as Dr. Charles Marquis
- 1970 Wuthering Heights as Hindley Earnshaw
- 1974 Juggernaut as Commander Marder
- 1980 Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back as General Maximilian Veers
- 1981 For Your Eyes Only as Aristotle Kristatos
- 1987 The Fourth Protocol as Brian Harcourt-Smith
- 1989 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as Walter Donovan
- 1990 Treasure Island as Dr. Livesey
- 1991 King Ralph as King Gustav of Finland
- 2002 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets as Aragog
- 2004 Troy as Triopas
- 1965-1969 The Avengers as Rupert Lasindall / Major Peter Rooke / Masgard / Vogel
- 1965-1979 Doctor Who as Richard the Lionheart / Scaroth / Count Scarlioni / Captain Tancredi ("The Crusade" and "City of Death")
- 1975 Space: 1999 as Jarak
- 1978 Blake's 7 as Kayn ("Breakdown")
- 1985 Remington Steele as Inspector Lombard
- 2007-2011 Silent Witness as Henry Markham / István Sándor
- 2011-2016 Game of Thrones as Grand Maester Pycelle
- 2012 Merlin as Lochru
Video Game Roles
- 2008 Bow Street Runner as John Fielding (replacing Iain Glen from the series on which the game is based, City of Vice)
- Actor-Inspired Element: Glover is remarkably spry for a man in his 80s. This was included in Game of Thrones, with scenes added in which it is clear that Pycelle is not as weak and feeble as he appears.
- What Could Have Been: He was actually considered for the role of James Bond in Live and Let Die. He ended up playing the main villain in For Your Eyes Only.