Paul Greengrass (born 13 August 1955) is an English film director, film producer, and screenwriter, well known for shooting his films in a docudrama style with liberal handheld camera usage.
- Resurrected (1989)
- The Theory Of Flight (1998)
- Bloody Sunday (2002)
- Jason Bourne films:
- United 93 (2006)
- Green Zone (2010)
- Captain Phillips (2013)
- 22 July (2018)
Tropes present in his films include:
- Auteur License: Gained one after The Bourne Supremacy and kept it ever since.
- The Film of the Book: The Bourne movie series (if only loosely), Green Zone and Captain Phillips.
- Jitter Cam: A notorious and acclaimed user of this trope.
- Signature Style: Ripped from the Headlines plots along with a documentary-style aesthetic, rapid editing and copious amounts of Jitter Cam.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: His films are as dark as possible while still being classified as "realistic".