A long time ago, Ashley Suzanne Johnson (born August 9, 1983) was best known for her two-season role as Chrissy Seaver in the TV show Growing Pains.
Once she started voice acting, she became a lot more popular. Her roles include Teen Titans (as Terra), Recess (as Gretchen Grundler), Ben 10: Alien Force (as grown-up Gwen), The Last of Us (as Ellie), inFAMOUS: First Light (as Jenny), Petra in Minecraft: Story Mode, and Jumanji (as Peter Shepherd).
Often paired with Greg Cipes. Also has guest-starring roles in Dollhouse, The Mentalist, and CSI. She appears in Marvel's The Avengers (2012) directed by Joss Whedon, The Help, and an adaptation of William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing which Whedon filmed afterwards. On the Geek & Sundry channel, she had a lead role in the Web Video series Spooked and, when her filming schedule allows, appears alongside several voice-over actor friends in Critical Role, a Dungeons & Dragons campaign played live that was taken from their weekly campaigns, taking the role of the gnome cleric Pike Trickfoot in the first campaign and the fallen aasimar barbarian Yasha in the second. She has a role in the NBC series Blindspot as the forensic scientist Patterson.
She attends the International School of Music, where she studies Violin and Piano; and also plays guitar and cello. When not acting or studying music, Johnson co-runs the photography company Infinity Pictures, with her friend, production assistant Mila Shah. She loves to snowboard and surf, was taught to sail by her father, and she is an avid video game player. She has been in a relationship with cheeseless quesadilla lookin' orphan Brian Wayne Foster, host of Critical Role's Companion Show Talks Machina, since 2012 and in December 2018 they announced their engagement.
Her older sister Haylie is also a former actress.
Ashley Johnson's Roles
- Annie: A Royal Adventure! - Annie
- The Avengers (2012) - Beth the Waitress
- What Women Want - Alex Marshall
- Blindspot - FBI Agent Patterson
- Cold Case - Grace Stearns '66
- Growing Pains - Christine Ellen "Chrissy" Seaver
- Lie to Me - Valerie
- Critical Role - Pike Trickfoot (Campaign 1), Yasha Nydoorin (Campaign 2), and Fearne Calloway (Exandria Unlimited)
- Ben 10: Alien Force/Ben 10: Ultimate Alien/Ben 10: Omniverse - Gwen Tennyson (teenager; also adult form in the latter series), Sunny
- Infinity Train - Tulip Olsen, MT
- Jumanji: the Animated Series - Peter Shepherd
- King of the Hill - Emily the hall monitor
- Pound Puppies (2010) - Toyokoshimo, Amelia, Giblet
- Recess - Gretchen Grundler, Ashley T.
- Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go - Jinmay
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) - Renet
- Teen Titans/Teen Titans Go! - Terra
Johnson's career provides examples of:
- Fiery Redhead: For some reason, she voices a lot of these.
- Role Reprise: In LEGO Marvel's Avengers, Ashley not only reprises her brief Avengers role as Beth the Waitress, she even gets her own stash of sub-quests for the player, in part to scoring a voiceover pro like Johnson in the game's cast.
- Those Two Actors: She has been in many works with actor Greg Cipes, often being cast as his character's love interest.
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: She started out acting and voicing sitcom characters, but after Terra and especially Ellie, she is a serious contender for the #1 "Voice Actor to Make You Cry".
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: As her roles in cartoons show, she is capable of changing her voice to suit her characters well.