open/close all folders
The main narrator of the Odd ones Out. A friendly individual who likes animals.
- Alliterative Name: If you drop James from his full name, you end up with Robert Rallison.
- Always Someone Better: His sister Faith can be this to him at times. He admits in a video that Faith was better than him at drawing when they were in third grade, for example.
- Animal Lover: An animal lover through and through.
- Bald of Awesome: Not quite awesome but his character is bald. Averted for the real James Rallison, who is blond.
- Closet Geek: Used to find his nerdy interests such as Pokémon embarrassing, but has gotten over that.
- Does Not Like Spam: He thinks watermelon is gross.
- Embarrassing Damp Sheets: Used to wet the bed until he was eight but now he doesn't.
- Fanboy: James is a fan of Neopets, Pokémon GO, Aesop's Fables and Star Wars.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Mostly as a teen. He could have his narcissistic or stubborn moments but was mainly a good guy.
- Nice Guy: He's a pretty nice person. Any sense of cockiness or narcissism is to make fun of himself.
- Potty Emergency: Talks about times he's really had to go to the bathroom in his "peeing yourself" video.
- Potty Failure: Wet his pants twice at school.
- Sibling Rivalry: Downplayed. He and his siblings sometimes have/had tiffs, but they get along fine.
- Took a Level in Kindness: He's gotten nicer since he was a teen.
- Two First Names: His full name is Robert James Rallison.
James' twin sister.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Appears to be more moral than James and is blonde.
- Nice Girl: She took the blame so James wouldn't have to suffer their mom's M&M torture.
- Out of Focus: She doesn't appear in videos as often as she used to.
- Poke the Poodle: When James jokingly called her an idiot and had to pay her fifty cents, she felt bad and called him an "unpleasant person" so that she could pay him back.
- The Ace: James mentions that she was better than him at different stuff, such as speaking French, drawing, etc.
James' depiction of his childhood/childhood in general.
- Easily Impressed: A cartoon that "only moves" gets his attention in "Movies I Found Weird".
A character seen in "Buying Clothes". A Take That! at RiceGum.
James's other sister
James and Faith's older sister.
- Big Sister Bully: Told Faith that the world around her didn't exist.
James' older and only brother.
- Good Parents: Him and his wife always had good intentions. While they could be strict, they clearly loved their kids and always had their best interests at heart.
- Inexplicably Awesome: In James's childhood book "I Do Not Like This Family", he manages to diagnose James with kidney failure by putting his hand on James's shoulder. Averted in the real world as far as we know.
- The Medic: In "I Do Not Like This Family", James's childhood book, he was a doctor who could diagnose patients seemingly by magic. Averted in the real world, where he's not even a doctor.
Janette R. (James's mother)
James's "pregnant female dog" teacher
A teacher mentioned in "Peeing Yourself" who James did not like.
James's special-needs teacher.
James's dog. She sadly passed away around Christmas 2017.
James's dead hamsters
Several hamsters owned by James but then they died: Squeaks, Squeaks II, Killer, Pumpkin Seed and the Three Amigos.
- Ambiguous Situation: We never find out what killed Pumpkin Seed.
- Character Death: All of them died.
- Deathbringer the Adorable: One of them was called Killer.
- Edible Theme Naming: The most unfortunate one was named Pumpkin Seed.
- Sibling Rivalry: The Three Amigos were always fighting one another and needed to be separated.
A moth James and Faith had as a pet.
James's poetry teacher.