Characters in Karakuridouji Ultimo that are neither good or evil, or are just too minor for it to make a difference.
NOTE: May contain spoiler:
- "What is good? What is evil? The two Karakuridoji will settle this as time repeats itself!"
A mysterious old man who created all of the doji in the year 2989. According to Murayama, he was a well respected scientist, even by the advanced standards of the future. His reason for creating the doji is just to see whether Good or Evil was stronger.
- Author Avatar: Particularly blatant as Dunstan looks almost exactly like Stan Lee, which is strange, considering he also seems to be the Big Bad. Hell, he even said "Excelsior!" once.
- Big Bad: Takei has said that he will be the final boss, not Vice.
- The Chessmaster: To the point where you don't know whether he's really looking to see if good or evil is stronger or if he just likes to ruin people's lives.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: It's implied that Dunstan has been cut several checks in the past, and that he was actually a very well-respected genius before he went batshit insane and started destabilizing all of space-time with super robots.
- The Dreaded: Just a mention of his name, makes all the Good Douji Club cower.
- Final Boss: Both the Good and Evil Dojis' ultimate goal is to defeat him. The former wants to stop the Hundred Machine Funeral. The latter wants to ensure that he can't intefere with their plans with his power over their doji.
- Gratuitous English: Always says "EXCELSIOR!" in English.
- Mad Scientist: He is perfectly willing to risk destroying the entire world just to see if good or evil is stronger.
- Storybreaker Power: You know all those Game-Breaker powers the doji have going? Dunstan himself can use all of them. Not to mention that at the mere mention of his name, many of the doji and masters cower.
- "Thus begins The Hundred Machine Funeral which will change the world!"
Dunstan's also mysterious doji, who embodies moderation. He seems to be neutral, or whatever the hell side Dunstan's on. He is very devoted to his master's plans, and often pops up with Dunstan when Yamato's in trouble.
His Karakuri Henge theme seems to be dragons.
Tropes associated with Milieu:
- Death Glare: Did this to Yamato in Chapter 17 when he grabs Dunstan by the collar and tells him to shut up.
- Don't Make Me Destroy You: Says this to Jealous in Chapter 17 for almost killing Yamato.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Even some of the doji doubt that their powers combined can defeat him and Dunstan.
- "Can you just get through graduation?"
A very minor character. She's 32 years old and is Yamato's mother. She seems to pop up at the most random times in the manga. She finds out about Ultimo in chapter 28, and lets him live with her and Yamato. As long as he cooks and cleans for her that is.
Tropes associated with Fushimi:
- Almighty Mom: A police officer and a mob boss were scared to talk to her. Freaking Ultimo sat there and cowered while she beat the crap out of Yamato. You just don't mess with Fushumi.
- Covert Pervert: She seems to very enjoy dressing Ultimo in girl's clothes. Heck, this was one of the almost nonexistent moments we see her smiling...and drooling.
- Expy: She looks and acts like the older Anna.
- Ms. Fanservice: Whenever she shows up, she is drawn in stylish, revealing outfits.
- Parental Neglect: Yamato's mother is shown like this every time we see her. Even when she's not shown Yamato mentions that she constantly yells and abuses him. She didn't seem too concerned when he disappeared and their house was destroyed. It seems she also spends their money all on herself, and leaves them with barely anything to live off of. Hell, even when Yamato was a kid, if he was two minutes late, she wouldn't give him any snacks. The best part? It's played for laughs.
- She's slapped him around a couple times too. Once again, it's played for laughs.
- Pretty in Mink: In her first appearance.
- Teen Pregnancy: She was only about 16 when Yamato was born. She looks like she would have been even younger than that.
A 25-year-old woman from the 30th century, first seen in a vision in Chapter 9. She's a member of the North Island Police Force, just like Musashi.
She was also his older sister and seemed to be his caretaker at the time. Musashi was quite fond of her, and the two showed to have a very close relationship. It's implied she disappeared along with everyone else in the future. Her death has taken quite a toll on Musashi and seems to be a large part of his desire to save the future.
Tropes associated with Miyuu:
- Meganekko: Subverted. The glasses are a big part of her looks, but she doesn't seem to be shy or nerdy.