Characters are listed roughly by their association with various alliances and organizations in the RP scene, although the many cases of characters with dual, fluid or ambiguous alignments should be noted. Each character's name is accompanied by the name of the RPer who created them; if there's another RPer who has also contributed heavily to that character's development through autoing, despite not formally having the rights to the character, that member will also be named.
Alliances & Organizations
- Whelkshore Alliance (Thyra, Natalie, Zebedee, Sly, Rick, Merlin)
- "Rogues & Brogues" (Terrian, Blaise, Jonas, Rhys, Alyssa, Flora)
- South Pole Summoners (Miko, Yoshimitsu, Illiana, Helen, Vathale, Detlef, Gerasim, Tsubota, Joseph, Aadab, Summer)
- Terminer Academy for Exceptional Youth (Almudena, Tallis, Deandre, Jesse, Nessa, Alistair, Claire, Ethan, Mel, Ty, Harue, Emma Ray Jo, Franky, Dalisay, Eira, Aodhan, Mica, Rio, Silumas, Kilik, Vieve)
- Genlab (Rie, Ender, Cobra, Ysane, Harmony, Catch, Sandstorm)
- Fascere Order (Nopcsa, Garth, Telrien, Tylor, Nachoset, Giguere)
- Winstone & the Giarrettieras (Williams, Landsvale, Davidson, Yoon, Renard, Massimo, Cesare, Nico, Channery, Mayordomo, Hooper, Staudt, The Curator, Reba)
- Shahrazad Squad (Hector, Pleiades, Ari, Halley, Lorenna, Trai)
- Drakengrad & Allies (Valon, Marius, Opilia, Sabriel, Nadeshi, Theren, Yhel, Edos, Kallista, Isara, Kairon, Urhur, Balasar, Magden, Vec, Bebeodan, Esther)
- Obsidian Hearts (George, Emily, Berthold, Lacianus)
- Timewenders (Flint, Belwyn, Didn't, Mr. Rabbit)
- "Cardsharks" (Tanner, Flo, Hugh, Sikes)
- Joyeuse Anti-Insurgency Services (Huckabee, Rance, Blackbird)
- Miscellaneous Good Guys (Prime, Al, Kendil, Treasach, Maude, Aquara, Nick, Achenes, Masumi, Kuro, Avery, Jacqueline, Dracon, Kara, Serpentei, Eragon)
- Miscellaneous Neutral (Julia, Antonio, Marshall, Felix, Samm, Crookes, Habiba, Narcissa, Sarosin, Kalim, Nugget, Ryuu, Aya, Price, Rhometer, Higgledy-Piggledy)
- Miscellaneous Bad Guys (Lucas, Scar, Mandelbrot, Vincent, Sacrimoni, Messechaia, Bernard, Karcharos, Shouta)
Character PrimerLooking for a quick who's who? Here's a sampling of some of the more prominent characters in ORP, listed alphabetically. Each name in the following list links to that character's entry in one of the subpages above, so you can read more there.
- Flint Blackwood
- Terrian Brogue: The Archipelago's most neurotic so-called hero accidentally turned into its most prolific counterfeiter overnight when he discovered a lucrative exploit for his power of self-duplication.
- Hector Nyktori-Cruz: A scruffy young sailor raising his daughter and his dog in a cozy sailing ship on the seven seas. He's looking to atone for some mistakes he's made in the past.
- Blaise Euler
- Garth Firbolg: A youth who stumbled upon the powerful Ophiuchus Amulet, he tries to do what good he can in the world, despite his powers slowly killing him.
- Tallis Hew: A teenager from Queens who escaped his extremely unhappy home-life and was enrolled into the Terminer Academy. A technological genius with a crippling fear of animals.
- Daniel Huckabee
- Valon Lorsha
- Almudena Madeiro
- Yoon Mangjeol: This well-connected information broker was alerted to your first step into Winstone City, and has already arranged a plan to politely destroy you for meddling in her delicate business.
- Miko: Emperor of the militaristic Summoner Race, he's been pushing his people to approach the rest of the world with peace and diplomacy... with very limited success.
- Rie Nepas: A young woman who was raised as a child soldier and genetic experiment.
- Nopcsa: A smarmy mindreader from the Fascere Order, an organization that deals in mystical artifacts. He finds himself frequently at odds between the goals of his employer and the well-being of his friends.
- Emily Schwartzwald
- Illiana Silna: A proud member of the South Pole Summoners, and a traveller whose primary goal is to show the rest of the world that the Summoners are not the warmongers that they are made out to be.
- Charles Tanner: Consciously styling himself as one of the operatic arch-criminals of old Europe, the conjurer called the "King of Clubs" pursues an agenda as fickle as the spin of a roulette wheel.
- Thyra Russell: A Power orphaned in the Salcester Incident a decade ago. She's now founded Terminer Academy, a school to provide young Powers with guidance so they don't need to suffer as she did.
- Perry Williams: Winstone's sharp-tongued commissioner of police harbors a longstanding grudge against Powers, but recent collaborations have brought him to a difficult reckoning with his own prejudices.
- Natalie Ulima
- Yoshimitsu: A bio-engineered super soldier from another dimension, Yoshimitsu will always try to do what he believes is the right thing, however morally ambiguous the route there is.
- Bilingual Bonus: Turns out that Minnow, Dace's Burmy, doesn't just fit the Theme Naming in the party (Fish names). "Minnow" could be taken as the English version of the first two syllables in Burmy/Wormadam's Japanese names (Minomutchi and Minomadam, respectively).
- Buffy Speak
- Constantly Curious
- Cute Bruiser: Forms the Cute Bruiser / Lady of War dynamic with Laksha.
- Death from Above: Minnow's Comet Maneuver.
- Genki Girl: So genki.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Here, for instance.
- Plucky Girl
- ¡Three Amigos!: Dace fills the hero role, in Fallfish at least.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Minnow has exactly four moves (Bug Bite, Hidden Power, Protect, and Tackle). That doesn't keep Dace from using them in a wild variety of ways.
Durant Larks (Blood)
- Combat Pragmatist: Taraek's creative use of his vines in battle under the blanket term "Vine Whip".
- Kid with the Leash: As the owner of the Shadow Granbull.
- Nephewism: He currently lives with his Aunt Julie, with no idea where his parents are.
- Sibling Rivalry
- ¡Three Amigos!: Durant fills the opposite-gender best friend role.
- Undying Loyalty: Between Durant and Taraek, but also shown by Durant toward his human friends.
Laksha Karttikeya (Pohatu)
- Convection Schmonvection: Sankh, Laksha's Slugma, is always in danger of invoking this trope.
- Hindu Mythology: Inspires the names of her Pokemon (and provides her own last name).
- Lady of War: Forms the Lady of War / Cute Bruiser dynamic with Dace.
- Lonely Rich Kid: More the "few close friends" variety than the "uncaring parents" variety.
- Ojou: The first type.
- Mistress and Servant Boy: With Ganesh.
- Theme Naming: Her party members have names derived from Hindu mythology or Hindi/Sanskrit in general.
- ¡Three Amigos!: Laksha fills the same-gender best friend role.
- Wise Beyond Their Years
Ophelia Larks (Blood)
- Alphabetical Theme Naming
- For the Evulz: Her Gengar, Shade. Spitfire and Sludge avert this, however.
- Freudian Excuse
- The Runaway: Probably mostly Type 2.
- Sibling Rivalry
- Teens Are Monsters
- Theme Naming: Unintentionally though. Blood claims he never noticed all three of her core Pokemon have names beginning with "S". Right now it's not clear whether he'll keep the pattern up and make the trope intentional.
- The Un-Favourite
Isambard Zonis (Lee)
- This Loser Is You: That goes for Monaco, too.
Old Gideon McCrowley (Pohatu)