Describe Kersey475 here.
Okay. I'm a Filipino-Italian-American troper from Miami. I also have a Dev Art
account which is currently occupied with Fauxtivational Poster
that I made specifically for this site and original ideas for a JRPG idea I'm cooking up. Here's the link
I also have my own Video Review Show
titled Ninety Second Movie Reviews
Tropes that apply to this troper:
- And a Diet Coke (Defied, I always make it a point never to consume any "diet" drinks. If I want something healthier I'll drink juice, milk, or water)
- Apologizes a Lot (Sorry)
- Asperger Syndrome (I have a mild variation of this)
- Author Appeal (See below)
- Big Eater (Though not as much as I used to be)
- Brilliant, but Lazy (I'll get around to adding to this later)
- Buffy Speak (In contrast with my Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness, I sometimes find myself at a loss for words)
- Cultured Badass (YMMV on the "Badass" part, but I do enjoy classical music and reading Shakepeare)
- Deadpan Snarker (I try to be this, but I have a long way to go)
- Face Palm (I tend to do this quite frequently)
- Friend to All Children (From a distance. Up close, kids are too needy and bratty)
- Genius Bruiser (An 6 foot honors student with a background in MMA)
- Gentle Giant
- Jade-Colored Glasses (I have a cynical view of the world)
- Lawful Neutral (I just tend to just follow rules and instructions out of convenience)
- Milking the Giant Cow (I'm part Italian, so I naturally talk with my hands)
- The Movie Buff
- Nice Guy (Which is probably why I can't find a date)
- Only Sane Man (Compared to my loud-mouth classmates)
- Pop-Cultured Badass (And I have this website to thank for that)
- Precision F-Strike (I speak modestly (and with a lot of big words) and rarely swear, but when I do throw out a cuss word everyone pays attention and starts taking me seriously)
- Real Men Eat Meat (I love beef)
- Revolvers Are Just Better (Revolvers are my favorite kind of firearm to handle and use)
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness (This troper tends to indulge in this quite frequently due to my Asperger Syndrome)
- Smart People Play Chess (I enjoy playing Chess, Xiang Qi, Shatranj, and Shogi, but I suck at those games)
- The Spock (I am often pragmatic and logical)
- Stealth Hi/Bye (Despite my large size, people claim I do this to them)
- Straight Edge (I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs)
- Super OCD (Minor version in that I operate alot better when given clear and very precise instructions and break down and panic if the steps are too vague)
- Trigger Happy (Don't worry, I do all my shooting at the range)
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl (but I have no problem with throws and locks)
Pages I have contibuted to creating (but didn't launch because I didn't know how)
Tropes I tend to use in my story ideas:
- Action Girl: Who says girls can't fight?
- Action Hero: I'm an action film guy at heart so I prefer heroes that use force to solve their problems. May occasionally have some Guile Hero traits, but he will NEVER be a Non-Action Guy.
- Always Male: Even though I am not sexist and like Action Girls with Boobs of Steel, I am uncomfortable with a female protagonist or a pacifist/weak/cowardly Non-Action Guy protagonist who has the Action Girlfriend do all the fighting and thus prefer my protagonists to be male Blood Knights.
- Anti-Hero: Goody-two-shoes are boring.
- Author Appeal: Buxom Is Better, Guns Akimbo, Badass Longcoat, Victorious Childhood Friend, Smoking Is Cool, high body counts, and at least one "nation-phile" character (Francophiles, Indomaniacs, Japophiles, etc.)
- Better than a Bare Bulb: I just love playing around with, justifying, deconstructing, and lampshading cliches.
- Blood Knight: I find it hypocritical that many other protagonists often preach about how violence is wrong and yet still rack up mook body counts when they don't need to and I despise the Actual Pacifist and the Wangsty Reluctant Warrior. I admire characters who enjoy fighting and battle because that seems like a more valid motive for frequently engaging in combat and the pleasure gained from violence is a nice compensation for a Knight in Sour Armor.
- Boobs of Steel (Buxom Is Better! Especially if they're on an Action Girl)
- Catharsis Factor: My ideas often have Blood Knight Anti Heroes inflicting Cold-Blooded Torture on Complete Monsters, but I view it cathartic for they're Pay Evil unto Evil on people who really deserve in in contrast to most "heroes" who either kill the enemy mercifully or just arrests them.
- The Chessmaster: My most common villain template since a planner utlizing the Gambit Index tropes (especially Xanatos Gambit and Xanatos Speed Chess) makes for an interesting villain and is more broad in his manipulations than the Manipulative Bastard (though the two tropes occasionally overlap and some of my Chessmasters are even full-fledged Magnificent Bastards as well). Bonus points in that I also include chess metaphors and analogies and many of my villains play Chess or any variation of the game (Ironically, I suck at playing actual chess).
- Creator Thumbprint: If I am truly involved in an idea, I WILL make a Creator Cameo.
- Dark Comedy: It's intelligent and more tasteful than Dead Baby Comedy. Especially when delivered in the form of a Deadpan Snarker using Gallows Humor.
- Friend to All Children: My characters may tend to be Blood Knights In Jaded Armor, but they all have soft spots for kids and infants and children usually like them in return because Children Are Innocent and it will give my characters an excuse to go into Papa Wolf or Mama Bear mode if children are endangered.
- Girls Need Role Models: And by "role models" I mean strong women who punch people in the face! I also have no interest in making the Love Interest a bimbo in distress.
- Guns Akimbo: As this troper says "A gun in each hand is worth a room full of mooks."
- Hand Cannon: It frustrates this troper that characters in modern movies always use tiny-caliber guns such as Glock or SIG pistols, My heroes prefer large caliber pistols (.40 S&W at least) or revolvers.
- I Control My Minions Through...: My villains tend to lead with Respect, Sadism, Corruption, and Fear.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Unlike most protagonists who just beat information out of mooks, my protagonists use Enhanced Interrogation Techniques (Russian Roulette, High-Altitude Interrogation, etc.) on mooks or not-that-bad bad guys, but will happily use Cold-Blooded Torture on characters that are already established to be an Asshole Victim. Might sometimes go into Gene Hunt Interrogation Technique territory.
- Knight In Jaded Armor: My protagonists may tend to be jaded Anti Heros, but they're still heroic and idealistic at heart. However, unlike most Knight In Jaded Armor my protagonists do get compensated with the pleasure they get from inflicting destruction and violence upon enemies while following their ideals.
- More Dakka: More bullets = more fun
- Noble Demon: While I mainly like bad guys who are brilliant, I also like villains with valour and/or a pragmatic code of honor.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: My protagonists tend to be Blood Knights who are fond of using the Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique and inflicting Cruel And Unusual Deaths, but it's completely okay since they would Never Hurt an Innocent and only inflict pain and destruction on wifebeaters, rapists, Complete Monsters, and other Asshole Victims.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: If a rapist shows up in one of my stories, he WILL be on the receiving end of some vicious Cold-Blooded Torture, a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown, or (at the very least) a sadistic Groin Attack.
- Signature Style: My style generally consists of satiric wit, doing bad things to bad people, action, and brilliant villains.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: While i do have a fondness for Deconstruction, Darker and Edgier, and Pay Evil unto Evil, my works ultimately veer towards the idealistic end.
- Smoking Is Cool: Even though I don't smoke, I have a disdain for the self-righteous anti-smoking movement and plan to have many of my Badass characters smoke (with any luck, I might get some Product Placement money from the tobacco companies).
- Stuff Blowing Up: I grew up on Michael Bay movies, what did you expect?
- Tsundere: Bipolar disorder is hot. Kuuderes will also do.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Childhood friends are a logical and cute choice for a love interest. I prefer this over Love at First Sight.
- The Villain Makes the Plot: This trope is why my Big Bads tend to be High on the Sliding Scale of Villain Effectiveness.
- War Is Glorious: War Is Hell is whiny and way too cliche.
- Wicked Cultured: Sophisticated villains are more interesting and it gives me the opportunity to throw in a few Genius Bonuses.
- Wife-Basher Basher: Wifebeaters are one of the most despicable types of scum in my book. The only time I will EVER allow a wifebeater in my story is that they MUST be on the receiving end of a on-screen No-Holds-Barred Beatdown and/or Cold-Blooded Torture session.
- World of Snark: Cynical sarcasm can be funny and interesting if done right
- Xanatos Gambit: A mark of a true mastermind and a convenient way to deal with a Invincible Hero. Can sometimes turn into a game of Xanatos Speed Chess if a Guile Hero is involved.
Tropes I despise and try to avoid in my story ideas:
I also have some Troper Works
Media I favor:
Live Action TV