Hey, dudes, Hardcore Kid here. Hardcore enough to review kid's stuff.
Brandon "The Hardcore Kid" Nichols is an Internet reviewer who reviews...well, a lot of things, actually. His persona is that of a kid who grew up with 80's rockers like The Ramones
and a lot of BBC shows including Father Ted
, and while his slogan may say he's "hardcore enough to review kids' movies," he occasionally divulges into Internet videos, Robot Wars
, and A Nightmare on Elm Street
series. Imagine if 90's Kid
had his own review show, if he was from the eighties. In the end, he usually gives a movie a score of "Hardcore Hit" for good movies or "Hardcore Headache" for bad ones. You can find him here: http://blip.tv/the-hardcore-kid
This review series contains examples of:
- Author Appeal: The Ramones, Father Ted, Robot Wars, A Nightmare on Elm Street movies... Brandon even builds his own robots!
- Broke The Rating Scale: Aside from the below mentioned "Hardcore Tumor" that he gave Marvin Marvin, Boku No Pico and Maid-Boy Kuro-Kun, he gave Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature a "Hardcore Catflap" (Type 5: he really couldn't decide what to rate it).
- Cool Shades
- Crossover: His review of Felidae with Hewy Toonmore.
- F Minus Minus: He gave some films and shows, like Marvin Marvin a "Hardcore Tumor."
- Furry Fandom: He has made quite a few furry jokes, especially in his review of Ralph Bakshi's Fritz the Cat. However, he has said that he doesn't actually hate furries.
- Improbable Weapon User: The "Guitar Gun" which is used from time to time.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- The Rival: Most likely the Hardcore Kid and Mr. British Guy as well as they are roommates.
- Running Gag: His "Freddy shall rule the world!" punch.
- Shotacon: Expresses a great hatred of it, as shown in his reviews of Boku no Pico and Maid Boy Kuro-Kun.
- Stuffy Brit: Mr. British Guy, a side character played by Brandon with a fake accent.
- Talking to Himself: Brandon plays both the Hardcore Kid and Mr. British Guy.