Premiering on November 24, 2012, Marvin Marvin
is a Fantastic Comedy Kid Com
series on Nickelodeon
starring internet celebrity Lucas Cruikshank of Fred
Marvin is an alien from the planet Klooton (not Mars
). When his planet is attacked by evil invaders, the Klurg, Marvin's parents put him into a spacecraft and send him off to Earth. Here on Earth, Marvin is protected by the Formans, your typical American family. The series deals with Marvin adjusting to life as a typical human teenage male while going to high school.
Tropes seen in Marvin Marvin:
- Alien Among Us: Marvin is from the planet Klooton.
- Alien Catnip: Chocolate seems to act like this for Marvin since he's never had it before.
- Aliens Speaking English: As expected.
- Amusing Alien: Naturally, Marvin is this.
- An Aesop: Delivered by Teri and appearing rather abruptly near the end of the pilot: Everyone's at least a little weird, and it's okay to be strange.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Marvin has five stomachs, though one is apparently used to emit a mating call. The gases in Marvin's stomach also allow him to float when he's really happy.
- Marvin apparently has the ability to superheat or supercool his finger.
- When Marvin gets a toothache in the third episode (aptly titled "Toothache"), the tooth has to be removed before it explodes.
- His ears (or the Klootonian equivalent) are in his butt.
- Black Best Friend: Brianna, Teri's best friend.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Marvin, most definitely.
- Crazy Cultural Comparison
- Crossover: With Big Time Rush
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: In his true Klootonian form, Marvin has an extra pair of eyes at the end of antennae.
- Genius Ditz: One episode features Marvin building a teleporter.
- Hot Mom: Liz, Marvin's human mom.
- Human Alien: Marvin.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: In the second episode Marvin asks a horse, "Are you neighing what I think you're neighing?"
- In the pilot, Liz asks Marvin to spin the spinner for a board game. He then literally spins around in circles.
- Kidanova: In "Double Date", Henry mentioned that he had three girlfriends.
- Really 580 Years Old: It's revealed in the pilot that Marvin is actually 580 years old, despite his youthful appearance as a human teenager.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Marvin.