Hewy Lewis Toonmore, a.k.a. Logan Ridenbaugh, gives his thoughts on animated films sometimes aided by a guest reviewer. For more recent movies, he explains the premise of the show without spoiling the ending. Older animated movies generally have much longer reviews. Each movie gets a rating out of five stars, although the lowest score he has given is just one star.
A member of the Mr. Coat And Friends
This series provides examples of:
- Arch-Nemesis: Count Sigeeyai.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Affter Hewy reviews Cars 2, Count Sigeeyai watches the trailer for Brave. in frustration, Count Sigeeyai yells "FUUUU-" and cuts to footage of an actual atomic explosion.
- Bandage Mummy: Count Sigeeyai, as seen in The Stinger for Kung Fu Panda 2.
- Call Back: When Digit asks Hewy to review Despicable Me.
Well, I've already had a giant
request a film for me to review.
- Christmas Episode: "The Top 10 Characters of the Rankin/Bass Holiday Specials"
- Conspiracy Theorist: Paranoid Pete.
- *Cough* Snark *Cough*: In the Despicable Me review.
This is Digit, an evil scientist from a parallel universe. (coughs "ripoff"
Digit: Sore throat, I presume.
- In the Cars 2 review, Hewy says he hasn't seen the spy perspective before. Then, he coughs up a bunch of counterexamples.
- Crisis Crossover: After Sigeeyai had messed with several other reviewers, all of them confronted Hewy about it later—and now it appears he's gunning for The Cartoon Hero...
- Crossover: He did a crossover with TV Trash for Chris "Rowdy" Moore's The Mighty Ducks review, and also made a cameo in Rowdy's review of The Groovenians, trying to warn him about the show. He showed up too late.
- The Faceless: Count Sigeeyai, even after The Reveal. Of course, his "mask" could actually be his real face since he's animated.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The voice of Dracula over the phone in his Hotel Transylvania review is Ani Mat, who appeared in this despite bashing the film in his review of it.
- The Remake: The list of Top 10 Scariest Animated Monsters was remade into a Top 13 list.
- Rule of Three: Hewy reviews Toy Story 3 for the third episode of his third season.
- Scary Flashlight Face: Hewy does his review of Coraline with a flashlight face to set the tone.
- First there's his name Hewy Lewis Toonmore and his first title sequence involves a montage of animated movies set to "Back in Time." And then there's this line from the second theme song:
"Here comes Hewy gonna give you the news: / Time to watch his animated movie reviews."
- Toon Transformation: A studio in the second dimension helps Hewy host guest co-reviewers who are 2-D themselves. It gets destroyed when he tries to duplicate Flint Lockwood's food machine from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.