Web Video: Hadriex
"Discover games you didn't even know exist."
Hadriex started out as a video game reviewer, but soon began dabbling in the dark art of making commercials, generally for games that never had trailers of their own. Mostly he deals in indi and fan-made games, or obscure games from his childhood.Recently he's started to branch out into Let's Plays.You can find his channel here
Tropes Hadriex has been caught using:
- Acceptable Breaks from Reality: Parodied. "I never really feel secure in battle until all my characters have volitile compounds stored in fragile glass bottles strapped all over their bodies."
- Audience Participation: Watch 5-minute first impressions of 3 games and then vote on which one he does a full Let's Play of.
- This has become a regular feature of his channel.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: And so can Hadriex apparently
- Big "NO!": At the end of his SimFarm review, when he realizes he's been wasting all his time.
- Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch:
- Hadriex calls his evil friend out on this a few times.
- "You never really played this game did you?" "Of course not, if would have melted my cerebellum."
- Even Evil Has Standards: Apparently Hadriex believes this. After relating something the lead villain of Noitu Love had done he drops this gem. "I expect higher moral standards from a man with a name like Damnation."
- Evil Laugh: The guy in the black lab coat has been known to indulge in these from time to time.
- The Faceless: The being that wears the black lab coat. All we know for sure it's that it's human-shaped and has a male voice.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: His first Let's Play was Noitu Love 2. The villains are called 'Grinning Darns'. He can't read about them with a straight face.
- Gushing About Shows You Like: The reason he started making videos.
- It Is Old Therefore It Sucks: The one in the black lab coat seems to have this idea. Hadriex himself seems to revel in retro titles.
- Lethal Lava Land: "Any fool can brew up a batch of flying lava in thier bathtub... Now self-combusting marshmellows... THAT takes GENIUS!"
- Let's Mock the Monsters: A favorite trope, used to greatest effect in this segment. It should be noted that Black Forest Games actually linked to that video during thier Kickstarted for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
- Let's Play: Many, His most popular is his Master of Magic LP as the The Worst Wizard Ever wherein he attempts to play the game with the worst conceivable build on it's hardest setting.
- Mickey Mousing: Very common in his trailers.
- No OSHA Compliance: From time to time he gets a good jab in, but this scene takes the cake.
- Reaction Shot: Many, but his most extreme is probably this one
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie:
- "Today we're going to explore a little indie shmups I found lying in a cyber gutter..."
- The clip you see has a pile of poo flying though space shooting down flies with stink lines.
- Trailers his favorite hobby is making these. He keeps them in a convenient playlist.
- Video Review Show