Tropers / Genki Man
I'm Jonny (AKA GenkiMan
), just some git from the UK. I have a weird
family, my mum, Nadine, dad, Stuart, my brothers, Mike and Luke, and my sister, Becky.
I also have a dog, Kody, and two cats, Krystal and Kosmo.
Tropes Applicable to Me
- Adult Child: I'm in my 20s but I act like a teenager.
- Asperger's Syndrome: I've got it. A guy on the internet with Aspergers, shocking, I know.
- Big Eater: I can stuff myself all day long.
- Picky Eater: There's a lot of stuff I won't eat though.
- Blinding Bangs: I have fairly long hair, so my fringe droops in front of my face.
- Emo Teen: I went through a period of this, mostly brought on by school bullying. I got better.
- Hikkikomori: I like to stay on my own most of the time.
- Hollywood Pudgy: I'm slightly overweight. It's difficult to tell due to the way the fat is distributed around my waist.
- Otaku: I love anime, my favorites being One Piece, Toriko, Jojos Bizarre Adventure, Fist of the North Star, Riki-Oh and Dragon Ball.
- Periphery Demographic: I like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Shrinking Violet: I'm very quiet and shy most of the time.
- Nightmare Fetishist: I like horror and paranormal stuff. A big thing I'm into is the SCP Foundation. (favorite SCPs are SCP-811 and SCP-040)
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sausage, chips and Chinese curry sauce. Also coca cola. It's probably why I'm fat.
- Yuri Fan: Admittedly...
Tropes I Like
- Adorkable: Making a character socially awkward is the best way to endear them to me as I'm a social retard myself.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: These guys are so weird that its fascinating.
- Creepy Child+Dark is Not Evil: So often in horror media, a child character is both a Creepy Child and an Enfant Terrible, I like instances where the Creepy Child is actually good despite their creepiness.
- Nice Guy/Nice Girl: Sometimes I just wanna see a character who is unambiguously nice and gentle.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: This is probably a more "realistic" than the one above as everyone has both positive and negative traits, but most people will try to be good people despite their faults.
- Foot Focus: ... What?
- Ethical Slut: Just because you're sexually promiscuous doesn't make you a bad person. I'm against the idea in general that people who have a lot of sex with a lot of different people are bad people.
- Jerkass Woobie: It's very hard to make an asshole sympathetic which is why I applaud the work when it pulls it off.
- Dark is Not Evil: Just because you wear black, like monsters and gore doesn't make you a bad person.
- Petting Zoo People: I like anthropomorphic animals, even if it makes no evolutionary sense.
- Deranged Animation: I like cartoons that look all effed up.
- Transhuman: This makes more sense to me as a way of getting super powers than Charles Atlas Superpower. That being said...
- Charles Atlas Superpower: I like the idea of a superhero having to "earn" their powers instead of just being "born that way".
- Moe: I'm a sucker for cute things.
- Cheerful Child: I like child characters that are happy and sweet, they're just so cute!
- Sword Beam: I love the idea of swords being able to cut things at long distances.
- The Ditz: When done effectively, I find dumb characters funny and cute.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Stupid characters work best when they make up for their lack of intelligence with their kind and friendly nature, also when its made clear that they have no ill intentions behind their stupid behavior.
- Bi the Way: Because it's always more fun.
- Cute Monster Girl: I like exotic creatures and I like cute girls. Put them together and I've got a winner.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: *squee*
- Les Yay: It's not that explicit, but it'll do!
- Wild Child: I love characters who act like animals.
- Meganekko: I think girls with glasses are cute.
- Everyone Looks Sexier If French: I like French girl characters, Fifi la Fume anyone?
- Faux Affably Evil: I love villains who act all friendly while not even trying to hide the fact that their evil as shit.
- Rated M for Manly: FUCK YEAH!!!
- Black Comedy/Crosses the Line Twice: I have a fucked up sense of humor.
- So Bad, It's Good: Some of my favorite films fall under this, such as Street Fighter and Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School.
- Heroes Want Redheads: I have a preference for girls with red hair.
- Tomboy: I like girls who don't act like stereotypical girls.
- Perky Goth: Just because your into Goth culture doesn't mean you have to be a broody misery-guts.
- Ugly Cute: It take's some artistic talent to make something ugly and cute at the same time.
Tropes I Don't Like
I hope I don't regret posting this stuff
- Ass Pull: It's lazy, plain and simple.
- Anvilicious: I hate it when a show/movie/game/etc smashes me over the head with it's message, it's really annoying.
- Designated Hero/Designated Villain: This guy's an asshole, why should I root for him? Especially when the "bad guy" is so much more sympathetic.
- Jerk Ass: Mostly if it's a "good guy" (see above). Why should I like/root for this guy when he acts like a dick?
- Diabolus ex Machina: Writers: "Everthing's going great, lets pull something out of our ass to ruin it!"
- Fan Hater: These people just unfailingly come of as elitist snobs. If I hate something, I'm not going to bash someone else just because they like it, because that is really dickish. The opposite is also true, I'm not gonna bash someone for not liking something I like and people who do automatically fall into Fan Dumb.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: What's the point in having story end with everthing undone?
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: When it's done poorly anyway, it just comes of as pretentious and confusing.
- Karma Houdini: I hate it when the asshole who causes all the problems gets off scot-free.
- Kafka Komedy: At least when it's done badly, i.e. abusing a character who doesn't deserve it like Meg Griffin or Squidward Tentacles.
- Too Dumb to Live: When a character is so stupid that it makes me question how they function in society, it stops being funny and/or charming and starts being annoying.
- Flanderization: When you over-exaggerate a character's trait and leave out the others, it makes them come off as bland and one-note.
- All Gays Are Pedophiles: Unfortunate Implications much?
- Bury Your Gays: I hate it when a gay character is killed off as it sends out more Unfortunate Implications.
- Dawson Casting: Particularly in animation, I find it jarring when a character who is supposed to be a child sound like they're in their thirties.
- Never My Fault: Dude, I can admit when I've done something wrong, why can't you?
- Lethally Stupid: It depends on how far it's taken really, but this trope very often leads to the character in question being Unintentionally Unsympathetic, because it's hard to root for someone who's idiocy causes harm to people around them and them never learning from it.
- Totally Radical: Uuuggghhh... For one, it instantly dates the work in question. Secondly, the slang terms used are almost always ones that nobody ever actually used. Thirdly, it's just annoying. This trope may as well be renamed "Trying Too Hard To Be Cool".
- Depending on the Writer: This is why I prefer manga to western comics. Since there's so many writers on a western comic, it can lead to things like Plot Holes, Character Derailment/Flanderization and so on. Manga are typically only written by one person and therefore the chance of the previous things happening are much more unlikely (unless that person is just a bad writer to begin with).
- Broken Aesop/Ignored Epiphany: This is just annoying. It's one of the reasons I don't like Teen Titans Go! and modern Family Guy, they act like the characters are going to learn something that'll make them grow as characters, but then at the last second they turn around and show that they have learned nothing.
- Wife Husbandry: Am I the only one who's disturbed by the idea of a person having having a romantic/sexual relationship with the person they adopted and raised as a child (consensual or not)? Especially if that was their intention from the beginning.
. See ya.