Shout Out: SCP Foundation
- SCP-023 is, from what this writer can gather, initially looked very similar to Smile Dog, a stand-alone Creepy Pasta.
- 026 very closely follows the plot of the Goosebumps book, The Haunted School.
- SCP-120 is a wormhole that looks like water, protected and maintained by a task force called "SG-1 Puddle jumpers".
- SCP-166 is quite possibly a reference to Fall-From-Grace.
- "Speed is key. You have to neutralize SCP-204-1 quickly, because it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. If given the chance, SCP-204-1 will quite literally devour you."
[Another male voice is heard saying, "Smile you sonovabitch!".]
"Clef: Do you watch cartoons, Kondraki? You should check out this show called Gargoyles, I think you'd like it…"... which actually directed to this page.
SCP-239: "I cast Magic Missile!"
- And another:
- SCP-261's experiment log has a Fallout reference, with one of the things the vending machine gives out happening to be a bottle of Nuka-Cola.
- Another test result yields "Mr. Q's Cumbersome Soda Bottle". It's a bottle of soda featuring a stopper that interrupts the flow of soda if the bottle is not held at the proper angle. In other words, a Ramune bottle.
- A package of "Bertie Botts Amusing Everycolor Beans".
- A "Snapple", an apple with a core of tin..
- A "Hitchhiker's Meal", which contains a Babel Fish and a drink that tastes "almost, yet not quite, entirely unlike tea."
- Although appearing as a different model, SCP-265 is a Polish version of The Car.
- 354 once produced what was described as a Terminator.
- From SCP-507's adventures, Q56-DRU-865 is hopefully NOT a shout out to Saya no Uta. If it is...Fridge Horror.
- Task Force Lambda-4, tasked with monitoring SCP-514, are dead serious about children's card games.
- SCP-523, an item that will switch forms when unobserved for any period of time in a situation in which its original form would have been useful, once switched from a pistol into a ring of keys.
- SCP-529 is the cat from The Salmon of Doubt.
- SCP-540 is clearly an arsenal of Reset Bombs.
- SCP-607 is a gray cat that has any misfortune inflicted onto it transferred to its current owner.
- One Genre Savvy D-Class Personnel used misdirection to prevent SCP-645 from biting his hand off. He reveals that he learned this from RomanHoliday.
- SCP-665 is a Katamari humanoid.
- SCP-674's anomalous properties were revealed when its original owner idly fired it at the screen during "Yakko's World". It was also used extensively on Star Trek: The Original Series, but Kirk consistently avoided death, instead taking down Red Shirt after Red Shirt.
- SCP-701, "The Hanged King's Tragedy" takes quite a few inspirations from The King in Yellow.
- SCP-750 may also be a reference to Saya no Uta.
- During the experiment logs of SCP-914, they tested Half-Life. The output on fine produced an updated version with improved graphics.
- The two debaters who appear in SCP-946 are named "Harmon" and "Garcian".
- "Following the unfortunate, and completely preventable, death of Agent Gallagher" at the hands of SCP-953, any personnel found to have current or prior ties to the "furry" or "otaku" communities are to be immediately reassigned to other projects."
- SCP-978 is a Polaroid version of the Mexican magic realism camera from Achewood.
- SCP-993 is very reminiscent of the titular monster of IT, and not just for the obvious reason. There's also how 993 is an Eldritch Abomination that instigates acts of violence among humans during its active periods, how it has a long lifespan to do this, and how it's quite Harmful to Minors, albeit from a different angle.
- SCP-1179: Apparently the eternally-burning fire in the coal mines of Centralia was caused when miners Dug Too Deep and awoke a sleeping Fire Demon.
- According to the writer this actually wasn't the Balrog. It was, however, based off the same myths and legends as the Balrog. So, in a meta-sense, it's effectively the Balrog's cousin.
- SCP-1230 bears a striking resemblance to the in-universe book "The NeverEnding Story".
- SCP-1265 contains evolved dinosaurs and is in the Congo, and seems to greatly resemble The Lost World. In addition, when the SCP team runs into a dilophosaurus, this is written down:
- SCP-1372 is an SCP version of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (mainly in the compulsion to tell others about it).
- SCP-1373 are sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads.
- SCP-1503 may be a reference to 400 Years.
- Quite a few SCPs reference They Might Be Giants, with one of the more obvious ones being SCP-1559, "Birdsoul in Your House", and Snail Shell is referenced in Where's the Shadow Government When You Need Them? Both of these, and more that reference TMBG, are written by the same person, so it's a clear case of Author Appeal.
Prometheus Labs researcher: Well, that's one batch of clones wasted and one "Bring Your Daughter to Work" day that shan't be forgotten. All gamma Z-Subjects have been incinerated.
- A man is also named "Johnson" in there... and he seems to match Cave Johnson's attitudes.
- "UnLondon" is pretty much a Victorian Steampunk Rapture, complete with derelict vending machines and endlessly repeating phantom loudspeaker announcements.
- The name is also taken from Un Lun Dun.
- The phrase "Shakes me, makes me lighter" repeated in SCP-1782 is a shout-out to the lyrics from "Teardrop" from Mezzanine by Massive Attack (AKA the opening credits music for House). Doubles as a Genius Bonus considering the music video of that song and the nature of SCP-1782.
- SCP-1881 is a shout-out to Polybius, a(n urban) legendary arcade game has a strange psychological effect on players; additionally its stages are modeled after actual classic games:
- The "spaceship" stage, could be one of several early Shoot 'em Up games.
- The Maze stage has the player collecting "golds" in a maze while avoiding enemies.
- The "Lines" stage involves moving lines to surround bouncing balls.
- The "Jungle" stage features a human traveling through a jungle environment with themed enemies. It is most likely a shout out to Pitfall.
- SCP-1903 causes people to "grow" paper mâché animal masks and ears, although—
Once subjects have found these ears, they will show reluctance to taking them off
- SCP-1981, or "Ronald Reagan Cut Up While Talking", is no doubt a shout out to Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "George Bush Cut Up While Talking".
- SCP-1983 and its inhabitants are the final level End of the World from Kingdom Hearts, and The Heartless.
- SCP-2006 was written as a personification of the "2spooky" Halloween meme.
- SCP-2063 is a homage to the original Star Trek series, with D-class being redshirts.
- SCP-2981 is a bowl of mashed potatoes that can make people think it's a human being. The title? "Mashed Potatoes Can Be Your Friends"!
- SCP-619 Experiment Log: One of the many bizarre items that appear in SCP-619's pocket is a set of keys to the not-vehicle found by the Pennsylvania State Highway Patrol in From a Buick 8.
- SCP-903-J and SCP-627-J are GLaDOS and the Companion Cube, respectively.
- SCP-1009-J is an anomalous archeological site which appears to have been the home of a modern stone-age family.
- CarrionTrooper was taught wrong, as a joke.
- Dr Gerald's Personnel File has a note from another SCP operator who mentions loading up "my waifu", his shotgun, with bolo rounds to pay him a visit.
- The Cool War: street artists Banksy and Robbo are at least aware of the Mad Artist group "Are We Cool Yet?" and Pico AKA The Snipper has way too much in common with Gamzee to be a coincidence: His seat of choice is a "corpse pile" ("___ pile" is a thing in Homestuck), his art project dumping a ton of the green slime that must never come into contact with dead bodies onto said corpse pile is announced with a loud HOOOOOOOOOONK, and this page shows how he and Mr. Redd interacted - Pico writes timidly with lower-case letters in crayon while Mr. Redd uses a lot of bold/underlines/all-caps written in blood.
- SCP-001-J is a big, red, shiny, candy-like button that could potentially destroy all reality if pressed.
- SCP-1417-J ("Passive-Aggressive Meteorite"). During Emergency Procedure 1634-Broadway, after Dr. Anderson whips off his glasses he says "Mother of God", a reference to the "Mother of God" meme.
- SCP-2008-J is quite obviously the Phillie Phanatic, Mascot of the Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Team.
- "The Things Dr. Bright Is No Longer Allowed To Do At The Foundation" is about 50% this:
4) SCP-018 is not to be taunted!87.1) If Dr. Bright is found deliberately getting high to get out of paperwork, he is to be placed in a Type 4 cell and hosed down with cold water from a pressurised hose for no less than 5 minutes. Maybe this will teach you that drugs are bad, m'kay?93) Just because Bright is a doctor does not mean that he is the Doctor, no matter how many British men he possesses.144) Dr. Bright does not possess "the 7th Element of Harmony".153) Dr. Bright is no longer allowed to produce, create or remind staff of "SCP Robot Wars".196) SCP-963 is not a 'soul gem', and despite what he might say, making a contract with Dr. Bright will not turn you into a 'magical girl'.196.1) Not even if he includes a 'magical girl outfit'.270) Dr. Bright is not "Troll Jegus", no matter how much candy corn he steals!
- SCP-K9-J-EX is essentially an episode of Scooby-Doo.
"Rooby rooby [REDACTED]"