- SCP-009 is a form of H2O that transmits its anomalous phase transition properties to any normal water it comes into contact with. Ice-Nine, featured in Cat's Cradle, is also a form of H2O that transmits its anomalous phase transition properties to any normal water it comes into contact with, causing The End of the World as We Know It.
- SCP-023 is an SCP-ified version of the Black Shuck, a Hell Hound from British folklore.
- 026 very closely follows the plot of the Goosebumps book, The Haunted School.
- SCP-120 is a wormhole that looks like water, protected and maintained by a task force called "SG-1 Puddle jumpers".
- SCP-166 is quite possibly a reference to Fall-From-Grace.
- While testing out SCP-197, "The Greenhouse", tests on carnivorous plants were called "Project Seymour."
- "Speed is key. You have to neutralize SCP-204-1 quickly, because it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. If given the chance, SCP-204-1 will quite literally devour you."
- SCP-239 (named Sigurros ):
[Another male voice is heard saying, "Smile you sonovabitch!".]
"Clef: Do you watch cartoons, Kondraki? You should check out this show called Gargoyles, I think you'd like it…"... which actually directed to this page.
SCP-239: "I cast Magic Missile!"
- And another:
- SCP-261's experiment log has many (a few of the below are in previous versions).
- One of the things the vending machine gives out happening to be a bottle of Nuka-Cola.
- Single-serving containers of "Insta-Mash", both pre and post-war versions.
- Another test result yields "Mr. Q's Cumbersome Soda Bottle". It's a bottle of soda featuring a stopper that interrupts the flow of soda if the bottle is not held at the proper angle. In other words, a Ramune bottle.
- A package of "Bertie Botts Amusing Everycolor Beans".
- A "Snapple", an apple with a core of tin.
- A "Hitchhiker's Meal", which contains a Babel Fish and a drink that tastes "almost, yet not quite, entirely unlike tea."
- Also, putting 42 yen in the machine while unpowered and pressing all the buttons at once made it dispense a meal voucher with the words "We Apologize For The Inconvenience" printed on the back.
- The Offspring branded "Most Horrendously Painful Hangover Ever Candy Shots".
- "Dante's". 750g package of biscuits with nine distinct circular, concentric layers. Packaging claims that contents "Taste like Hell!"
- 1999 yen gives a Prince party drink.
- Thiotimoline cookies, the taste of which is felt before you eat them.
- A slice of cake named "Taste Me", which made the one eating it grow (and then die)
- A packet of powder that, when emptied into a liter of water, turns it into 1.5 liter of less tasty water.
- A cup of tea, Earl Grey, hot which could only be referred to as such.
- Although appearing as a different model, SCP-265 is a Polish version of The Car.
- It was also an Urban Legend in the Soviet Union.
- 354 once produced what was described as a Terminator.
- From SCP-507's adventures, Q56-DRU-865 is hopefully NOT a shout out to Saya no Uta. If it is... Fridge Horror.
- Task Force Lambda-4, tasked with monitoring SCP-514, are dead serious about children's card games.
- SCP-523, an item that will switch forms when unobserved for any period of time in a situation in which its original form would have been useful, once switched from a pistol into a ring of keys.
- SCP-529 is the cat from The Salmon of Doubt.
- SCP-540 is clearly an arsenal of Reset Bombs.
- SCP-607 is a gray cat that has any misfortune inflicted onto it transferred to its current owner.
- One Genre Savvy D-Class Personnel used misdirection to prevent SCP-645 from biting his hand off. He reveals that he learned this from RomanHoliday.
- SCP-665 is a Katamari humanoid.
- SCP-668 is a reference to the murder of Kitty Genovese.
- SCP-674's anomalous properties were revealed when its original owner idly fired it at the screen during "Yakko's World". It was also used extensively on Star Trek: The Original Series, but Kirk consistently avoided death, instead taking down Red Shirt after Red Shirt.
- SCP-701, "The Hanged King's Tragedy" takes quite a few inspirations from The King in Yellow.
- SCP-726 features creatures behaving like flies, and to drive the point home, one of those is nicknamed by the researcher as "Brundle".
- SCP-750 may also be a reference to Saya no Uta.
- During the experiment logs of SCP-914, they tested Half-Life. The output on fine produced an updated version with improved graphics.
- Another test involved Glock 17's. On the Very Fine setting, a blaster from Star Wars. The same researcher then tried to use swords to make a lightsaber.
- The two debaters who appear in SCP-946 are named "Harmon" and "Garcian".
- "Following the unfortunate, and completely preventable, death of Agent Gallagher" at the hands of SCP-953, any personnel found to have current or prior ties to the "furry" or "otaku" communities are to be immediately reassigned to other projects."
- SCP-978 is a Polaroid version of the Mexican magic realism camera from Achewood.
- SCP-993 is very reminiscent of the titular monster of IT, and not just for the obvious reason. There's also how 993 is an Eldritch Abomination that instigates acts of violence among humans during its active periods, how it has a long lifespan to do this, and how it's quite Harmful to Minors, albeit from a different angle.
- SCP-1179: Apparently the eternally-burning fire in the coal mines of Centralia was caused when miners Dug Too Deep and awoke a sleeping Fire Demon.
- According to the writer this actually wasn't the Balrog. It was, however, based off the same myths and legends as the Balrog. So, in a meta-sense, it's effectively the Balrog's cousin.
- SCP-1230 bears a striking resemblance to the in-universe book "The Neverending Story".
- SCP-1237 is George Orr from The Lathe of Heaven.
- SCP-1265 contains evolved dinosaurs and is in the Congo, and seems to greatly resemble The Lost World. In addition, when the SCP team runs into a dilophosaurus, this is written down:
- SCP-1313 is a device that shows people their relative significance with respect to the Universe, thus causing depression. The Total Perspective Vortex, featured in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, is a device that shows people their relative significance with respect to the Universe, thus causing depression.
- SCP-1372 is an SCP version of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (mainly in the compulsion to tell others about it).
- SCP-1373 are sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads. As a bonus, they're watched by a ship codenamed "The Bigger Boat".
- SCP-1502, a small robot which walks around and mutilates people's faces, doubles as an in-universe one since it winds up making its victims resemble the appearance of Mr. Feeny and it only identifies as / speaks by playing recordings of Shawn Hunter.
- SCP-1503 may be a reference to 400 Years.
- Quite a few SCPs reference They Might Be Giants, with one of the more obvious ones being SCP-1559, "Birdsoul in Your House", and Snail Shell is referenced in Where's the Shadow Government When You Need Them? Both of these, and more that reference TMBG, are written by the same person, so it's a clear case of Author Appeal.
Prometheus Labs researcher: Well, that's one batch of clones wasted and one "Bring Your Daughter to Work" day that shan't be forgotten. All gamma Z-Subjects have been incinerated.
- A man is also named "Johnson" in there... and he seems to match Cave Johnson's attitudes.
- The phrase "Shakes me, makes me lighter" repeated in SCP-1782 is a shout-out to the lyrics from "Teardrop" from Mezzanine by Massive Attack (AKA the opening credits music for House). Doubles as a Genius Bonus considering the music video of that song and the nature of SCP-1782.
- SCP-1881 is a shout-out to Polybius, a(n urban) legendary arcade game has a strange psychological effect on players; additionally its stages are modeled after actual classic games:
- The "spaceship" stage, could be one of several early Shoot 'em Up games.
- The Maze stage has the player collecting "golds" in a maze while avoiding enemies.
- The "Lines" stage involves moving lines to surround bouncing balls.
- The "Jungle" stage features a human traveling through a jungle environment with themed enemies. It is most likely a shout out to Pitfall.
- SCP-1903 causes people to "grow" paper mâché animal masks and ears, although—
Once subjects have found these ears, they will show reluctance to taking them off
- SCP-1936: In the middle of a weird prophecy, there is this: "Sheogorath remains, ruling his kingdom of two faces before he himself brings its downfall (...)", which is basically the plot of Shivering Isles, name and all.
- SCP-1981, or "Ronald Reagan Cut Up While Talking", is a shout out to Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "George Bush Cut Up While Talking."
- SCP-1983 and its inhabitants are the final level End of the World from Kingdom Hearts, and The Heartless.
- SCP-1986 is a seemingly infinite library with most of the books being nonsensical. Lampshaded in-universe.
- One of the books found there was The Grashopper Lies Heavy.
- SCP-2006 was written as a personification of the "2spooky" Halloween meme.
- SCP-2063 is a homage to the original Star Trek series, with D-class being redshirts.
- SCP-2222 has a Word Puree Title inspired by Aphex Twin, to the point one of the words is one AT song: "Meschk-Mernanschordbtoum-VordhosbnV7."
- SCP-2223's "A Certain Mathematical Conjecture" is a reference to A Certain Magical Index.
- SCP-2360 are sentient automobiles from another universe. The title, "Carmageddon", is invoked when one said car says he earned money by running over people.
- SCP-2400 is basically the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
- SCP-2511 is a colony of kappas (they even use the same picture!) that spontaneously relocated to Mongolia because enough people trusted Prof. Snape's information and didn't read the correct information and Call Back in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- SCP-2600 is an Atari 2600 connected to 8 anomalous televisions. The addendums note that the project behind its creation was titled "STELLA", a codename for the system and the name of one of the more well-known 2600 emulators for PC.
- SCP-2720 is an homage to the author's favorite anime Love Live! Sunshine!!.
- SCP-2750 is named "MCA and Heartbreak", as it revolves around both Beastie Boys (namely, the deceased Adam "MCA" Yauch) and Kanye West (who has an album named 808 & Heartbreaks). And the article itself includes the task forces The Ungrateful Dead and Kenny Rogers Roaster, and a couple named Tricia and Arthur Prefect (the former's maiden name is Jeltz) being interviewed by Agent Douglas Fook.
- SCP-2981 is a bowl of mashed potatoes that can make people think it's a human being. The title? "Mashed Potatoes Can Be Your Friends"!'
- SCP-3999 is arguably Reference Overdosed. One of the containment procedures listed says SCP-3999 is to be contained via Mr. and Mrs. Dursley. Another part of the containment procedures paraphrases the song Penny Lane by The Beatles. In the description section, SCP-3999 is listed as (among other things) being the concept of The Grinch, every word spoken by AM in I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream and the documentary Nanook of the North.
- SCP-503 (pending deletion) is Strega Nona's magical cookware. In fact, its depiction in the entry is exactly what happens in the book: someone started the pot and forgot the stop command, causing it to smother the village with delicious pasta.
- SCP-619 Experiment Log: One of the many bizarre items that appear in SCP-619's pocket is a set of keys to the not-vehicle found by the Pennsylvania State Highway Patrol in From a Buick 8.
- SCP-903-J and SCP-627-J are GLaDOS and the Companion Cube, respectively.
- SCP-1009-J is an anomalous archeological site which appears to have been the home of a modern stone-age family.
- CarrionTrooper was taught wrong, as a joke.
- Dr Gerald's Personnel File has a note from another SCP operator who mentions loading up "my waifu", his shotgun, with bolo rounds to pay him a visit.
- The Cool War: street artists Banksy and Robbo are at least aware of the Mad Artist group "Are We Cool Yet?" and Pico AKA The Snipper has way too much in common with Gamzee to be a coincidence: His seat of choice is a "corpse pile" ("___ pile" is a thing in Homestuck), his art project dumping a ton of the green slime that must never come into contact with dead bodies onto said corpse pile is announced with a loud HOOOOOOOOOONK, and this page shows how he and Mr. Redd interacted - Pico writes timidly with lower-case letters in crayon while Mr. Redd uses a lot of bold/underlines/all-caps written in blood.
- One of the anomalous items was a spear that, when thrown, pierces the heart of the nearest humanoid and extends several spikes from its blade afterward. Unfortunately, "the nearest humanoid" is typically the person who threw it.
- SCP-001-J is a big, red, shiny, candy-like button that could potentially destroy all reality if pressed.
- SCP-1417-J ("Passive-Aggressive Meteorite"). During Emergency Procedure 1634-Broadway, after Dr. Anderson whips off his glasses he says "Mother of God", a reference to the "Mother of God" meme.
- SCP-2008-J is quite obviously the Phillie Phanatic, Mascot of the Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Team.
- "The Things Dr. Bright Is No Longer Allowed To Do At The Foundation" is about 50% this:
4) SCP-018 is not to be taunted!87.1) If Dr. Bright is found deliberately getting high to get out of paperwork, he is to be placed in a Type 4 cell and hosed down with cold water from a pressurised hose for no less than 5 minutes. Maybe this will teach you that drugs are bad, m'kay?93) Just because Bright is a doctor does not mean that he is the Doctor, no matter how many British men he possesses.144) Dr. Bright does not possess "the 7th Element of Harmony".153) Dr. Bright is no longer allowed to produce, create or remind staff of "SCP Robot Wars".196) SCP-963 is not a 'soul gem', and despite what he might say, making a contract with Dr. Bright will not turn you into a 'magical girl'.196.1) Not even if he includes a 'magical girl outfit'.270) Dr. Bright is not "Troll Jegus", no matter how much candy corn he steals!
- SCP-K9-J-EX is essentially an episode of Scooby-Doo.
"Rooby rooby [REDACTED]"