A calamity is coming and you embark on a journey to stop it. You only have 400 years.400 Years, a game by Scriptwielder, puts you in the role of a being of stone who wishes to avert calamity within 400 years.
- Determinator: The protagonist is willing to spend every last one of the 400 years he has to avert the disaster. Everything from trudging along the bottom of bodies of water to letting the years tick by in order to get trees to grow to a satisfactory height.
- Easter Egg: There is a gravestone past the volcano accessible only with a little effort (and chestnut seeds). It reads as follows: Here lies a traveler between worlds, whose name is unknown. May his curious soul find a way home, like you have found his resting place. Apparently, it's a reference to The Little Prince or Doctor Who.
- Correction. It's actually a reference to "A small talk at the back of beyond", another game from Scriptwelder, the creator of this game.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miny Moai: The protagonist is one of these.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The protagonist ultimately uses his own body to plug an active volcano, preventing it from erupting and destroying the local civilisations.
- Time Passes Montage: One of the protagonist's abilities is to simply wait out the change-of-seasons and the passing of years. It's a necessity for solving some of the puzzles that bar your progress.
- What You Are in the Dark: The protagonist is willing to sacrifice his life for the future well-being of possibly billions of people as well as future civilizations. And no one will ever know.