- Resolve, the Sequel to Timidity by Davner, we have this: When Keiichi, after hilarity had ensued, and he had been smacked in the head by Anteros, who obviously did something to him, we get the following scenee:
Compelled by some unknown force, Keiichi suddenly reached out and embraced the goddess, pulling her close and kissing her full on the lips. Belldandy squeaked and closed her eyes, holding him tightly.
Lind: Did you do that?
Anteros: I don't know what you're...
Lind: You did.
- Anteros tries to backpedal, but Lind lets it slide:
Lind: How long will he do that?
Anteros: Just every time she walks in the room until the day he dies.
Lind: Their lips will chap.
Anteros: Not my problem.
- After watching a few more moments:
Lind: Will you do that for me?
Anteros: Every time you walk in the room until the day I die.
- Destiny's Pawn, a Knights of the Old Republic novelization has one from Canderous of all people. Having confronted Sherruk on Dantooine, Jagi on Tatooine, and a rogue Mandalorian clan on Kashyyyk, he realizes he has no family among the Mandalorians. He then silences the crew, marks them with the blood of the enemies they just fought, and ritually adopts all of them as his "clan."
Canderous "No sisters sit at my clan-hold. I have no daughters to sing at my burial. I have no sons to train in the ways of the warrior. No brothers at my back. No elders to learn from. And no clan-chief to pay homage to."
Kairi- Revan: "I should be the one at your knees, Canderous. Your loyalty, courage, and honor are there for all to see. I hope to someday be worthy of the faith you - all of you - have placed in me. Rise and take your place at my side, brother in battle."
- An beautiful one happens on the Halo fic Je Mourrais at chapter 15. Master Cheif and Cortana apparently ended up on the Ark after the end of Halo 3. Cortana has began to experience "rampancy", which makes her to feel actual emotions, and the UNSC fears that she will go nuts on them, and demand Cheif to hand her over, after they sent a fleet to the Ark. Chief refuse, and both of them is decleared as "traitors" and is hunted down by UNSC. Now Chief has found allies in form of some UNSC and Covenant holdouts, who helps him in the struggle. While he gives Cortana to some of them to take her away while himself and some others distract the UNSC, the recent battles has began to exhauste him mentally and emotionally, and he begins to feel that it's all his fault for the casualties that happens, and he can't deal with the thoughts of his allies' deaths - An P.O.W. Brute Chieftain, a Elite Major Domo and a Marine Medic on his 60-70s - on his conscience if things whould go bad, and so tells them to surrender to UNSC so that they whouldn't be executed for war crimes. Their responce: They refuse his wish and tells him that they reather stand, fight and die with him, and not with the "ONI Spooks". The Elite even makes one long speeche about his history within the Covenant, how he abandoned his brothers to death, how he was disgraced, how he was ashamed about himself and that he will never abandon a fellow brother again. The specche and the loyality from them - not for the Spartan or the "Demon", but for John "Son" and for the person he is - gives John, and the readers, some heartstings right to the core.
- The Whisper of the Heart series by Saddletank. Just. Read it.
- This Team Fortress 2 G-Mod video.
- Chapter 7 of the Codename: Kids Next Door fan fiction Operation: Fragment where the tough-as-nails and deeply troubled teenage Wally Beatles goes monster hunting with his 8-years-old brother Joey to distract him from their parents' fighting downstairs.
- In the ninth chapter of NKSCF's Breaking the Deal Spider-Man has entered Mephisto's realm to take back Mary Jane after she was stolen away from him by agents of Mephisto, who knew that Spider-Man had just found out about his role in selling away his marriage to save Aunt May, and that it has allowed Mephisto the chance to control the entire multiverse thanks to the power he gained from taking something so pure away from them. Assisting him had been Steve Rogers, Rom, Ghost Rider, Doctor Doom, and Elixir, who had all been hurt by Mephisto's minions while Spider-Man was savagely beaten by the Cancer-verse versions of Cyclops, Iron Man, and Giant-Man. Fearing that everything that he had done before then had been for nothing, Spider-Man almost gives up and closes his eyes, but right before Giant-Man can kill him, a familiar snikt! is heard and Spider-Man opens his eyes to see that he has been saved by Mr. Fantastic, Daredevil, the Human Torch, Iceman, Deadpool, and Wolverine. Wondering why anyone would save him after all he had done to cause harm to the multiverse, Spider-Man discovers that Dr. Strange has come as well, and the former Sorcerer Supreme invites him to stand up and see for himself who's there to help him out this time. Not only the ones who had come with him originally, but also every single person that he has ever assisted in any way in the past, including some of his worst foes. Emboldened by this turn of events, Spider-Man is given the opportunity to lead the gathered heroes and villains and delivers a line that he has never had the chance to say before:
Spider-Man: "Avengers assemble!"
- This series of fancomics for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya features all sorts of cutesy moments, WAF Fy moments, and raunchy, raunchy sex jokes. However, the true CMOH comes in the very last few. In a three-strip arc, Haruhi and Kyon ask each other what they like about them. While Kyon makes some semi-cute sex jokes that make Haruhi blush, Haruhi is unable to come up with an answer as to why she likes Kyon... until that night, after a session of lovemaking.
Haruhi: ... I love your fingers. I love the feel of your body heat. I love the tender way you touch me. I love the weight of your body and the feel of your skin. The fact that you're never afraid to say what's on your mind, I love that too. But really, what I love most of all... is Kyon!
- The riotously funny The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth by Camilla Sandman is generally a hilarious romp, but there is one surprisingly tender moment — in chapter 62, Lina's realization that love isn't a grand, sweeping fairytale, but "the simple realisation that she'd do anything for that smile."
- The Team Fortress/Nana's Everyday Life crossover has Nana being saved by the RED team. Not only do they save her from the R&D complex and the alley, but they also killed the Administrator for trying to take her back to the complex.
- You forgot to mention they were also prepared to sacrifice the intel in order to avoid a battle and keep Nana safe.
- In the usually-hilarious Of Love and Bunnies, former Big Bad Karone is at the autograph table with the rest of the public-identity Power Rangers, and an old lady walks up to her and simply says "I forgive you". Karone, extremely apologetic and grateful, is brought close to tears and hugs her.
- Total Drama Island fanfics carry many of these with them. Like in A Change Gwen and Heather are trapped in a cave and while they fight over things that they're done in the past Heather admits that she's sorry for betraying Lindsay and reading Gwen's diary. At first Gwen thinks she's lying and yells at Heather saying that the world hates her, and Heather breaks down and starts crying. After hearing Heather out Gwen tells her that if she apologized for her actions people can forgive her she can make friends. And then Gwen proved it can happen by forgiving Heather and becoming her first real friend.
Heather:"Yeah right, like who would forgive me after everything I did!"
Gwen:"Well, are you sorry for reading my diary and kissing my boyfriend?"
Heather: "Yes, I'm sorry for embarrassing you and kissing Trent. And when I ripped your skirt off in front of the entire world."
Gwen:"I forgive you."
Gwen:"Yes." (Heather then hugs Gwen out of joy)
Gwen:"Are you o.k?"
Heather:"You're the first true friend I've ever had! It feels great!"
- The Nanoha/Ranma ½ crossover Nanoha 1/2 gives a threefold Crowning Moment to Ranma near the end of the Nanoha Classic arc, when Precia claims the last of the Jewel Seeds and starts on her Motive Rant to Fate and the TSAB. Moments after she starts talking, Genma notices that Ranma has disappeared from the Asura's bridge just as Lindy's troops move in to aprehend Precia. Precia, naturally, nukes the Red Shirts and keeps ranting, only for Ranma to make his reappearance. The AWESOME is how he slipped off the bridge, through the teleporter, and into the Garden of Time, dodged an area of effect spell potent enough to put down several squads of TSAB Space Marines and then escaped Precia's notice as long as he did. The FUNNY was stealing the Jewel Seeds out from under Precia's nose ("Yoink!") and then running away with them, Miyazaki Nodoka-style. The HEARTWARMING was how this affected Fate, who snaps out of the Heroic BSOD she'd been going into and manages to crack a smile despite everything she'd been put through in the last two minutes.
- The Mass Effect Self Insert Mass Vexations has a moment in which Art locks himself in his room in despair after not dying on Virmire. Tali ends up hacking the door open, and Art spills his entire real history to Tali, who listens (with some disbelief at first). One You Are Not Alone speech later, and Art ends up crying against her shoulder.
- This moment between Rahne and Doug in Chapter 7 of Go West.
"Tell me..." she started, then broke off. "Tell me... that everythin' is going t'be fine, and tha' we'll all be happy again. If you can believe it, I'll believe it too..." Tears gathered in her eyes, and slowly rolled down her cheeks. "Jus' tell me ye believe."
He took her in his arms and shushed her. "It's okay, Rahne, it's okay. Everything'll be fine, I promise."
Doug wanted so much to reassure her, but as before, he found that even his own sincerity was in doubt, and he hated himself for that. With her counting on him, how could he not believe? Sometimes it seemed like he needed to hope for all of them.
Thankfully, though, he was not alone.
- The Avatar: The Last Airbender fic ''Guide Me Home'' is choc full of them. The last 5 chapters or so are one big CMOH. Some highlights include:
- absolutely everything about Hakoda and Ursa's love story, absolutely everything about Ran and Mila's love story, any time characters are reunited (especially Ursa and Zuko!), Ursa teaching Azula how to love and trust people, and Katara and Ursa talking by the turtleduck pond and Katara warming up to her after being really... Katara-like regarding Hakoda and Ursa's relationship. Awwwwww.
- The scene when Hakoda and Ursa are reunited after Boiling Rock. The fact that he finds out everything and accepts her unconditionally made me cry happy tears. However, Ursa's reaction to hearing about Zuko made me bawl.
- The Knights of the Old Republic Game Mod Brotherhood of Shadow pulls some beautiful ones with a side order of Tear Jerker. Perhaps the most beautiful one was Koybayshi's "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight against Channa Mae's self-loathing. Anguished Declaration of Love mixed with Not So Different as he reveals that he was a failed Padawan who lost his Force connection with his master's death - just like Channa Mae was. The sheer amount of The Power of Love is enough to snap her out of the Brotherhoood's spell, and complete the last of her renunciation of the Dark Side.
- After months of agonizing over how to reveal the secret of Sleepwalker to his family and friends, Rick Sheridan's finally ready to tell his family and friends the truth. Unfortunately, his life falls apart for a second time when he has a nervous breakdown after he learns that his parents were murdered by Psyko. Despite his having alienated them while trying to cope with Sleepwalker's presence in his mind, Rick's friends come to support him when he needs them most and help him put his life back on track.
- Twofish, a Good Omens fanfic, is absolutely full of these.
"Which was why it was so dangerous. Aziraphale could just as easily kicked over mailboxes and burnt down neighborhoods. He was, after all, The Enemy. But instead, every movement the angel made tasted like creme brulee or felt like a back rub or sounded like a violin concerto or spoke of other lovely things that are beyond human understanding."
- The Half-Life fanfic Typical Moments in the Horrible Life of Gordon Freeman, has one when Alyx and Gordon’s lives are being weaved together – from Alyx’s point of view.
And now there's another presence, one so achingly familiar that she's drawing toward it before it even begins to 'speak.’ I love you, Alyx. More than I've ever loved anyone in my life. I can't go on without you. I don't want to go on without you. I'll do anything for you. Just come back to me. Please. The tendrils around her release their hold just long enough for her to draw close to him. Then they return, wrapping around and them both, taking the fibers of his being and threading them between hers. He's in her, and around her, and through her, the two of them woven into a fabric stronger than either of them could be alone. She thought she knew him before, through his speech and actions. What she called 'knowledge' before is nothing compared to this. His every thought, every memory, every secret desire and fleeting emotion—everything he is has been laid bare before her, and she before him, as they are twined together as one. She won't retain all of this when she returns to her body. She couldn't. It's too much for one vessel to hold. But they're going home, together, and that's what matters.
- The final chapter of this Monster Rancher 4 Let's Play (which sort of straddles the boundary between that and Fan Fic) has one for iScream, the Butt Monkey of the monster team throughout the entire playthrough. Sure, he carried his weight, usually, but he was typically mocked for his weirdness, surreal movements, and overall unnerving design. He gets reborn as a Zan, one of the slickest-looking monsters in the series. But the reason the First-Person Smartass provides for this? A killer:
With three such powerful monsters, it would be easy to forget the importance of heart in a team—if only to keep them from ripping your head off. A Zan would seem an odd choice to provide that heart. Which is why iScream was a critical element in this fusion. As a Kagura, he will truly be the hero he always could be.
- This also doubles as a Brick Joke (of a less jokey variety), since earlier, the main character wonders if it is possible to raise a strong Zan with kindness instead of cruelty.
- In chapter 17 of the How to Train Your Dragon fanfic The Dragon Journals, which goes through the film from the perspectives of the dragons, has Toothless and Hiccup (called Fishbone by Toothless) sharing a deer that Toothless killed. It then gives us these couple of lines.
He pawed my side and murmured his names for me. Ember-Hiss. Footfall. He was happy. I have never sired any young. But it made me feel strong and protective to see Fishbone eat and take strength from something I killed for him. It made me feel like an Alpha. There were embers in my heart. I love my Fishbone. He has saved me, and fed me, and shown me many amazing secrets. And he has brought me back to the sky. I will be his friend forever.
- The Homestuck fanfiction We're All Doomed has many, but one of the biggest has to be in chapter 14, after Equius sends Aradia an emoticon rose:
AA: i just made that em0tic0n smile
AA: and it didn't l00k stupid
- The Soul Eater fanfic Drabbles On A Pudgy Meister has one where Liz finds a now rather-overweight Kid trying to cut out his own body fat as a desperate attempt to lose weight. She manages to pull the knife away from him, tends to his wounds, and hugs him tightly.
"You look fine." she whispered as she wrapped her arms as best she could around him.
- Also, when Liz, Kid, and Patti fall asleep on the couch with Liz resting her head on Kid's belly and Patti resting her head on Kid's chest. Aww.
- The sequel fanfic More Pudgy Meister Drabbles also has a rather sweet moment where Lord Death finds Kid sound asleep after studying hard for a test. He then gently lifts up his own son and gently carries him to bed.
"You've certainly grown quite a bit." Lord Death spoke in a somewhat joking yet loving tone as he tucked Kid into bed before turning out the lights and letting him rest.
- I Hear Him Scream, a How to Train Your Dragon fanfiction, has one of these when Toothless finally trusts Hiccup enough to call a truce with him. Amplified since Toothless was the one who turned Hiccup into a dragon and that Hiccup managed to forgive him and try several times beforehand to make amends despite being treated terribly the entire time. Even more amplified when you realize that they are touching in almost the same exact way as they did in the 'Forbidden Friendship' scene when they call the truce.
- Test of Humanity, a Portal 2 fanfic about GLaDOS turning Wheatley into a human For Science! has been full of these and Crowning Moments of Funny since about the middle. The end of Chapter Seventeen. Four Words:
- Wheatley confessing to Chell that he loves her is downright touching.
"P-Please...Chell...Y-You have to believe me. I-I'm sorry...I'm sorry for everything I did." Wheatley cried, "I-I'm not...I'm not just saying that because what I did was horrible, and it was. B-But because...I...I...I love you."
- At one point in the fic, Wheatley goes to see 2001ASpaceOdyssey with Chell and the roomates. However, seeing the scene with HAL causes Wheatley to leave the theater where Chell finds him sobbing in a bathroom and tells her that he saw himself when he watched HAL and how it reminded him of how evil he was back when he took over Aperture. Chell's reaction? She hugs him and lets him cry on her shoulder.
- The Iron Man movieverse fanfic, 20 Questions. As the title suggests, Tony convinces Pepper to play 20 questions with him (although he only asks fifteen). His questions are mostly silly and humorous, until he gets to the final one. What does he ask? Will you marry me?
- An Entry With A Bang brings us the moment where a mercenary company from a predominantly Muslim colony makes planetfall on Clancy-Earth... and sets eyes on Mecca, which in Battletech's backstory was obliterated in a nuclear attack. (For those not familiar with some of the teachings of Islam, there is no parallel to the spiritual significance of this city, not even Jerusalem or Bethlehem.) No matter your faith or lack thereof, their joy, relief and gratitude is deeply touching.
- A little story of Love is pretty cutesy and half comic half pictures, making it seem kind of like a kids book but it is incredibly sweet and heartwarming. It's about kitten!Gokudera who wants to be have someone to love and to be loved in return but because he's afraid of being hurt he initially avoided others. When finally he gives his love to lion!Tsuna, Tsuna breaks his heart by telling him he can't return his love since he loves what seems to be a mouse!Kyouko. Gokudera is crushed and sees others couples around. Later he sits down somewhere to cry at which point puppy!Yamamoto shows up and tries to cheer him up. These lines alone are intensely sweet:
"But....I only have...." the little kitten reached into his pocket, and pulled out the only bit of love he had left, "This is all I've got left."
"That's okay," the puppy smiled warmly, taking the kitten's love and pressing his own into the other's arms, "that makes this bit all that more special see?"
- You'd never expect a story about Soviet soldiers in the Great Valley to be heartwarming, but it pulls it off with the Soviets' reactions to meeting the cast of Land Before Time.
- In chapter 2 of Xanatos, Linda helps Near pack his things before leaving Wammy's House, and then hugs him and tells him she'll miss him. Doubles up as a bit of a Tear Jerker.
- From the same fanfic, after Matt sees Linda freezing cold after taking a walk outside in the snow, he lets her borrow his coat. And then...
Matt: Alright, now just follow me, okay?
Linda: I...can't. I can't feel my feet.
: Fine then. I'll just carry you.
- It could be said that most of chapter 3 consisted of this trope.
- At the end of chapter 4 when Linda decides to come along with Matt.
- The final chapter of the Silent Hill 2 fic There She Goes by Saint Sentiment is nothing but a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming. It takes James's father falling ill to make him accept the platonic friendship of a now-teenaged Laura, and also of Henry and Eileen from Silent Hill 4. Who are expecting a baby, whom they name... Cynthia.
- The Fate/stay night story Fate:Spiral Time has a lot, but has one that stands out the most; the dance Shirou and Artuia A reincarnated Saber with no memories as her life as King Arthur, but found out anyway share is nothing short but pure romance. What really clinches it is Artuia's inner monologue ( And if your face should haunt me to my grave, I will never regret having known you.) My beloved Shirou... and Rin's closing words " To a happy ending". The author even left the author notes for that chapter until the one after to hold onto the thought and give a toast.
- The World Ends with You story, Know You Better has Shiki telling her best friend, Eri, of the Reaper's Game. Luckily for her, she believes her.
- Not Quite as Planned has a great one between Yoruichi and Soifon in the last chapter. Soifon confronts Yoruichi as the latter gets ready to leave Seireitei once again when Yoruichi tells her, "I just realized. I never congratulated you. You have no idea how proud I was when I first saw you in that haori. Congratulations, Captain of the Second Division."
- My Little Angel has Fluttershy adopting a baby Changeling. The little critter's nickname for her? "Mothershy".
- This G.I. Joe oneshot made in memory of veterans and how they should be respected.
- This Homestuck fic is an epilogue to a long angsty piece in which Bro abuses Dave, John supports Dave, and eventually Mr. Egbert confronts Bro and makes him get professional help. The epilogue is worksafe and rather cute and silly considering the previous content, and reaches the peak of such in Dave sending John a "shittily rendered ascii art" heart with the word "derp" in the centre; "spoiler alert the derp represents you".
- Understanding Parents, a Magical Project S fanfic, has Misao revealing to her parents her alter ego, Pixy Misa. Just like the title, they're understanding.
- In The Miracle of Palaven, the chapter referring to the Bosh'tet Express. Not only awesome, but the bits with the quarian children are adorable, particularly the scene with the grizzled krogan warrior giving a piggyback ride to 4 at once.
- From Everybody Comes to Harry's. Another reason why the Flash is the greatest hero out there.
Flash: James, I know you... You've been a supervillain -
Flash: Sorry - a Rogue - for a long time, and if there's something I know about you for sure -
Trickster: I really like blue and yellow stripes?
- Extended Stay has a few moments like this. However, the most heartfelt moment has to be this:
"I-It's a boy..." He whispered. He looked at Mistress who was cooing down at their daughter. "Oh god, Mistress! What if I'm just like him?
" [his father]
Mistress looked sympathetically at him. She knew about his father, and was able to understand that he might be afraid. Heck, she was afraid she would be just like her mother with her new daughter. She knew she had to console both of their fears.
"It'll be okay, Warden. We aren't our parents. We can make up for their mistakes and be better than them." She said soothingly.
"You really think so?" He asked looking up at her hopefully.
"I know so."
- This Gunnerkrigg Court fanfic, the author portrays a rare good moment in the lives of Zimmy and Gamma:
Gamma's mind shifted attention, and Zimmy let hers, too. The rain fell on people, cars, roofs - on the library. On the toy store. On Gamma's flat's building, yellow-grey and crumbling, comfortable when the aunt and uncle were out. On the warehouse, the McDonald's, on the park, the riverside. The rain was at all their places, and the rain was their favourite place.
Everywhere was almost safe.
All Gamma's attention switched onto her in a thud of shock. It was a weird way to think. And then Gamma smiled with that deep and tiny curl of her closed mouth and took Zimmy's hand.
(Everywhere was safe.)
"Let's run!" Zimmy crowed, grabbing Gamma around the waist - too hard for her to breathe, never mind move - and then they ran.
Two girls danced through the crowds and mist, laughing.
- Kokoro in the doujin Kokoro's Smile Is Priceless, after Rinnosuke gives her mask back:
"I'm happy! I'm happy!"
- Racke, the author of Alternate Beginnings of an Uzumaki gives us a handful of these:
- In the extremely short Carved from Stone, Naruto searches for and end up finding a grave of an Uzumaki – the first link he has to a family.
"My name is Uzumaki Naruto" he paused, his voice trembling "Are we family?"
- Naruko, The Beginnings has Naruto accidentaly being thrown into the past as a female. After bunking up with Sasuke due to circunstances, Naruto ends up helping Sasuke with his trauma-induced nightmares by humming lullabies.
- Handicapped Team 7 is pure heartwarming and pure Tear Jerker. Mizuki's betrayal occurs differently than canon with both Sakura and Sasuke involved. While trying to stall long enough for the Anbu to arrive, Sakura shoves Sasuke away from an explosion, Naruto tries to protect Sasuke from a kunai, and Sasuke attempts to protect both from Mizuki. In the end, Sakura is left permanently deaf and temporarily unable to walk (due to the blast disrupting her inner-ear), Naruto is left mute (and due to needing to vocalize his jutsu temporarily unable to use any), and Sasuke is blind. Made worse that all of them feel incredibly guilty for the others getting hurt. For not being strong enough to prevent it. As they undergo therapy, Kakashi notes how clearly codependent they've become.
Kakashi: "It's in the way there's always a hand to steady Sakura whenever her balance acts up, how Naruto will have his hair ruffled every time he does something well, how one of them is always there to guide Sasuke around obstacles, even when he doesn't ask. I'd never actually believed that three people could get a steady relationship to work, but I think the kids will figure it out."
- In, Heiress of the Clan, due to a sharingan powered genjutsu by Fugaku, no one (Sasuke included) realized Sasuke was female until Orochimaru gave her a Curse Seal. Sasuke is relieved when during a fight, Naruto doesn't pull his punches, resulting in them beating the hell out of each other. Her reasoning is Naruto was one of the only people not to treat her any differently for being a girl, making him someone who saw her as a person instead of a gender.
- She later becomes full blown Tsundere for Naruto.
- Played with in Carrie: Awakening where Carrie's prom actually seems to go well and the popular Girl Posse apologizes to her. It turned out that the disaster did happen and that the happy ending was the gym teacher having a dream in between bouts of PTSD
- After Xander saves Buffy in The Pride of Sunnydale, Giles has few things to say to him.
: "Thank you, Xander, for saving Buffy. I don't know if I've said it lately but, Xander, I'm ''very'' proud of you
- A darkly heartwarming example from the fic My Child: Levi made a deal with a demon to save the life of his child, willingly subjecting himself to an eternity in hell, being tortured by the sadistic demon, to ensure the child's safety. Because he sold his soul to save him from dying in childbirth, Levi has never seen or heard his son, but the thought of him alive and safe keeps him from ever regretting his choice.
- Xander's description of love, specifically his love for Cordelia in And Another Thing I Hate About You.
Xander: "I dunno much. But I do know: when you love someone, it's not about you. It's your whole fucking world wrapped up in what's best for them, and what makes them happiest. It's reaching for the moon, just because it's there, and it makes their eyes glow. When you love someone, really love them: you don't make them settle. You just don't."
Angel: "And I suppose you can give her that."
Xander: "Dude. I get a perfect happy every time she gives me that thousand watt smile and I know it's aimed at me. Always have. I get perfect happiness every time she kisses me, just because it's her. The her. The One. I'm perfectly happy when she looks at me that certain way and her eyes light up. I get orgasms of happy when she calls me dork or dweeb with that certain tone in her voice. ... Worst thing in my life was when I made that light in her eyes go out. Best was when it came back."
- The Danny Phantom fanfic Ghosts In The Closet has a few weird ones courtesy of the ghosts and their somewhat unusual moral code and Sam sort of gaining 'honourary ghost' status when she married Danny. One of the highlights however would probably be when they are going on a bit of a rampage in Danny's absence until some of them realise that Sam is pregnant and thus, according to their rules, off limits. With the exception of Walker who has his own rules, they abruptly go from causing chaos to a) going back to the Ghost Zone without fuss, b) actively protecting Sam, and/or c) attacking the aforementioned Walker (b and c overlap).
- Another highlight is courtesy of the Box Ghost of all people:
"Festivities?" Then she remembered, and her entire posture softened. "The Christmas Truce. Danny always visited the Ghost Zone on Christmas Eve to observe the Truce. I forgot."
The Box Ghost nodded again, blinked a few times, then coughed. "You are welcome to join us, of course, although I'm sure you have your own human celebrations to attend."
She thought of the Christmas Eve vigil. "Observance more than celebration. Although I appreciate the invitation."
"You need no invitation. You are one of us."
- The Naruto fanfic The Mouse of Konoha has two shining moments back-to-back. First, the Inuzuka clan's overwhelming joy when Naruto returns a litter of their ninja dogs and Rin (who was thought dead for over a decade) from Kumo, particularly Tsume's and Rin's father. Second, Naruto is informally adopted into the Inuzuka clan in thanks (it would have been formally but they can't for political reasons), even getting clan tattoos to declare he's one of them.
- The Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod gives the true best case scenario ending to the Mass Effect Trilogy, allowing the Reapers to be defeated, both the Geth and Quarians to survive and Shepherd to survive with his or her love interest. It also ends on an uplifting note with the galaxy rebuilding.
- In the Buffy the Vampire Slayer story Hunter, unlike canon where Faith's living conditions were pretty much ignored, when the Scoobies find out she's living in a ratty motel (which vampires can enter without invitation) they actually argue with each other over who gets to have her sleep at their place. Buffy eventually wins and when Faith asks if her mother will mind, Buffy simply tells her, "When I tell her where you were living, she'll probably ground me for not inviting you to stay with us sooner."
- Vintage Season, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Peggy Sue story, features Dawn Summers as the lone survivor after the First Evil wins the final fight in Sunnydale. She gets sent back in time to fix things, with a plan that include not letting anyone know she's from the future. This plan goes right out the window the moment she encounters Joyce Summers, her mother, whom she last saw in a morgue. Joyce has no idea who this unknown teenager is, or why the girl is clinging to her for dear life. She just knows that the girl is in tears, and needs a mom to comfort her. So she comforts her, no questions asked. The chapter this meeting takes place in is appropriately titles "Coming Home".
Dawn released Joyce from the hug and took a half-step back, her arms still holding the other woman. Joyce's face was a moving current of surprise, confusion, sadness, anger, back to surprise and confusion. Dawn wiped the tears from her face. “You're alive and you're here! I missed you, Mommy. I missed you...” Her words dissolved into uncontrollable sobs and all of the stress and the tension and the agony and the misery of being the lone survivor of her entire world fell on Dawn all at once. She felt Joyce pull her in, gently pushing Dawn's head down to her shoulder. Joyce's other hand rubbed small circles on her back, a gesture that Dawn could remember from every single time her mom had comforted her.
- Brother's Regret, a Walking with Dinosaurs fic that goes into Scowler's thoughts during the climax of the movie. It shows his Jerkass Realization and remorse in the way he treated Patchi, and how these led up to his Heel-Face Turn.
- In Origin Story, Xander (who's recently been turned into Power Girl) is in a rather rough neighborhood when she's offered $500 to listen to a couple of "slimy" looking guys pitch the idea of her working in porn. After finding out she's underage however, they give her the money anyway along with directions to a convent that looks after runaways like her. They also advise her to make sure she stays clean and to call her parents saying, "Even if they don't ever want to see you again, they should know you're still alive."
- Sorry's Not Enough has a moment that also works as a Take That to the canon epilogue. When Naruto realizes his son Haku has been feeling neglected, rather than scold him like canon, Naruto takes the day off so both of them and Sakura can spend some time together.
- Despite mostly being nothing but hilariously horrific animatronic violence throughout, there is a short scene in Dante's Night at Freddy's 2: Animatronic Boogaloo in which, after Dante's daughter Evie remarks that she's sleepy, he allows her to cuddle up to his chest as a pillow and wraps his jacket around her like a blanket. The scene is totally at odds with the rest of the story, but is rather adorable.