Tropers / Tye Dye Wildebeest
Good day to you.
Once upon a time, there was a large, closely knit herd of wildebeests. One day, during a massive stampede, one young member of the pack got desperately, hopelessly lost. He was eventually adopted by a family of hippies, who, in a drug- induced stupor, mistook it for John Lennon
. The young wildebeest was released into a world of acoustic rock, drugs, free love and psychedelia, and from that point on would be known as the Tye Dye Wildebeest.
And then he got an account on TV Tropes. Just because.
OK, in all seriousness...
I'm the Tye Dye Wildebeest; I'm your average Non-Action Guy
trivia nut with abiding interests in musical theater, comedy, rock music, animation, and, as you would expect, overanalyzing fiction.
Tropes That Describe Me
Plays and Musicals TDW Has Acted In
- Agnosticism: Though I was raised Jewish.
- Apologizes a Lot: Sorry if my page isn't exciting enough so far.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Justified, in that I actually DO have ADD.
- Awesome Mc Coolname —Earl of Sandvich
- The Baby of the Bunch: I was the youngest and least experienced student in my grad school class, probably because I was one of the few who started the program straight out of college.
- Badass Baritone: Subverted. My voice does register as a baritone, but I sure as hell ain't a badass.
- Berserk Button:
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Downplayed. They're not huge, but they're very... defined. They pop out.
- Catch Phrase: Lately I've taken to saying, "Boy, oh, boy, oh, boy..." whenever I'm distressed.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Not all the time, but I definitely have my moments. For instance, in a play I was recently in, we had originally planned to use a cardboard box as a prop for one of the scenes. My director decided that we didn't need it, and he told me that we were 'cutting' the prop (as in, removing it from the final production). After he told me, I spent the next five minutes looking around for a box cutter.
- Funny Afro: Well, technically, it's a jewfro.
- Good with Numbers: I took AP Physics as a high school sophomore and ended up acing the final exam (though I did have to study my ass off to reach that point).
- Guilt Complex: It's kind of a problem I have... whenever I see someone unhappy, I instinctively think that it's somehow my fault.
- Jewish and Nerdy: Well, I'm Jewish, and as a troper I think it's a given that I'm pretty nerdy.
- Large Ham: I have a habit of lapsing into this from time to time on stage. It's actually a bit of a problem; I need to learn how to be more subtle.
- Non-Action Guy: Yeah, I'm pretty weak. I am quite a good fencer, though.
- Nice Guy: Well, I try to be, at least.
- One of Us: Well, you're here...so yeah.
- Plucky Comic Relief (sayeth me)
- "Silly Me" Gesture: In my case, it takes the form of lightly smacking my forehead.
- Squee!: I catch myself doing this way, way more often than I should.
Pages TDW Has Launched
- You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown - As Linus
- Into the Woods - As the Narrator/ Mysterious Man
- Edward Albee's The American Dream - As Daddy
- Spring Awakening - As Moritz
- Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead - As Hamlet
- You Can't Take It with You - As Donald
- Picasso at the Lapine Agile - As Sagot
TDW'S FAVORITE WORKS
Action/ Sci Fi/ Fantasy
- I'm also a pretty big fan of Team Fortress 2 (The Engineer's my favorite class).
Web Original/ Webcomics
Miscellaneous Guilty Pleasures
The best part of waking up... is acid in your cup.
It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.
Set out running but I take my time, a friend of the devil is a friend of mine...
Gray skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face!
Riddle me this: if you aim to give us a shot, we'll riddle you. What are we?
If you need to put other people down in order to empower yourself, you're absolutely pathetic.
God wants you to wear a hat.
Accounts Outside of TV Tropes
(Credit goes to Stolen By Faeries for the idea)
Vandalism Goes Here
Vandalize me, captain!- Mr W
You have been vandalized! BONK! — First Vandal! WOO!
Is it really vandalism if you ask for it? ~Kuro
It's sad to see so few vandals on a page, but I will fix that!
Yes, I will! —Sean Murray I
Really? I thought clerks was a documentary... - Dynamod
The faeries note your lack of vandalism and are unamused. They seek to rectify it. - StolenByFaeries
And now I'm vandalizing this page AGAIN! — Earl of Sandvich
We like a lot of the same things. I shall vandalize in honor of our similarities. ~Bella
KEKEKEKEKEKE YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN ASSIMILATED BY BLAINE THE M0n0!!!!!
By leaving this comment, I made you "a victim of coicumstance". Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk! - AlBundyFan365
YOU! You must goand play Minecraft
! Or Dwarf Fortress
! Or Lamento
! But that has yaoi, so maybe not that one... -Enkufka
FREE LOVE!!! *grope*-Vanthebaron
The faeries return with flowers to vandalize the page with. Beware of the thorns. - StolenByFaeries
How did I miss vandalizing your page?! Oh well. -sets the page on fire-
GREETINGS, CHILD OF THE EARTH, FROM THE VOID!!!!
- The Watcher
There is something in the water...
Hey, man. Inhopeless Guy
Ailedhoo was not here. This is not vandalism. It is a duck. Ailedhoo
- Looks like this is the first time I've vandalized this page. Any randomness will be randomly randomized out of boredom, apparently. - Shane
- Hello! Round one of vandalizing here, and wondering what your favorite pony is. NES
- Can't believe I didn't notice this until now! It's Pinkie Pie, by the way.