Tropers: Tye Dye Wildebeest
Good day to you. Once upon a time, there was a large, closely knit herd of wildebeests. One day, during a massive stampede, one young member of the pack got desperately, hopelessly lost. He was eventually adopted by a family of hippies, who, in a drug- induced stupor, mistook it for John Lennon. The young wildebeest was released into a world of acoustic rock, drugs, free love and psychedelia, and from that point on would be known as the Tye Dye Wildebeest. And then he got an account on TV Tropes. Just because. —- OK, in all seriousness... I'm the Tye Dye Wildebeest; I'm your average Non-Action Guy/ Cloudcuckoolander trivia nut with abiding interests in musical theater, comedy, rock music, animation, and, as you would expect, overanalyzing fiction.Plays and Musicals TDW Has Acted In:Musicians/ Artists:Other:Miscellaneous Guilty Pleasures:
Tropes That Describe Me
- Accidental Pervert: On occasions.
- Adorkable: Some of my friends describe me as this.
- Agnosticism: Though I was raised Jewish.
- Apologizes a Lot: Sorry if my page isn't exciting enough so far.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Justified, in that I actually DO have ADD.
- Awesome McCoolname —Earl of Sandvich
- Badass Baritone: Subverted. My voice does register as a baritone, but I sure as hell ain't a badass.
- Berserk Button: Any kind of bigotry or prejudice will get me steamed, but ableism, homophobia and misandry piss me off the most.
- Catch Phrase: Lately I've taken to saying, "Boy, oh, boy, oh, boy..." whenever I'm distressed.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Not all the time, but I definitely have my moments. For instance, in a play I was recently in, we had originally planned to use a cardboard box as a prop for one of the scenes. My director decided that we didn't need it, and he told me that we were 'cutting' the prop (as in, removing it from the final production). After he told me, I spent the next five minutes looking around for a box cutter.
- Funny Afro: Well, technically, it's a jewfro.
- Good with Numbers: I took AP Physics as a high school sophomore and ended up acing the final exam (though I did have to study my ass off to reach that point).
- Guilt Complex: It's kind of a problem I have... whenever I see someone unhappy, I instinctively think that it's somehow my fault.
- Large Ham: I have a habit of lapsing into this from time to time on stage. It's actually a bit of a problem; I need to learn how to be more subtle.
- Non-Action Guy: Yeah, I'm pretty weak. I am quite a good fencer, though.
- Nice Guy: Well, I try to be, at least.
- One of Us: Well, you're here...so yeah.
- Plucky Comic Relief (sayeth me)
- "Silly Me" Gesture: In my case, it takes the form of lightly smacking my forehead.
- Squee: I catch myself doing this way, way more often than I should.
- You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown - As Linus
- Into the Woods - As the Narrator/ Mysterious Man
- Edward Albee's The American Dream - As Daddy
- Spring Awakening - As Moritz
- Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead - As Hamlet
- You Can't Take It with You - As Donald
- Picasso at the Lapine Agile - As Sagot
Action/ Sci Fi/ Fantasy
- I'm also a pretty big fan of Team Fortress 2 (The Engineer's my favorite class).
Web Original/ Webcomics
- Ray William Johnson
- Kung Pow!
- The Three Stooges
- Family Guy (but only pre- cancellation)
- Youtube: fdrdevotee
- Sporcle: wildebeest
- Steam: Baritone Zombie