“Et on s'est tellemont assojetti, en la derničre, ŕ certaines rčgles et ŕ certains chiffres, qu'on en a fait un art confus et obscur, qui embarrasse l'esprit, qu lieu d'une science qui le cultive.” Translation
- Rene Descartes, Discourse on Method*
To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
: Nothing is know about desdendelle on file, so he can commit crimes without being tracked.
's assessment of me.
This Troper, as drawn by his friends.
Describe desdendelle here
: Israeli Blue and Orange Morality Agnostic Grammar Nazi Not So Stoic Nanoha fan
open/close all folders
- If the backlog* is to be believed, I was linked to This Very Wiki (from Battle for Wesnoth's forums, quite possibly from this post ) sometime in November 2010 and became Known shortly afterwards.
- I got that nickname from the rather insignificant Yu-Gi-Oh! card Des Dendle.
- It is usually shortened to 'desden', or 'des'. The culprits include GCR, Kiri Ame, Mr AHR, TYM, Fuse and practically everybody else.
- I am also called:
- I am:
- I had a tendency to vandalise people's pages with quotes; go ahead, sue me. I also had a tendency to sign said vandalisations with names of ships from The Culture. For example, the Irregular Apocalypse, the You'll Clean That Up Before You Leave, et cetera.
- I was shipped multiple times:
- Pieguy of the PPC shipped me and ShatteredSanity of the same for the 2012 annual PPC Board Shipfest.
- Himochi Is Awesome of the same shipped me and AnnaBee (of the same) for the same Shipfest. Most of the things she noted are quite true.
- Phobos of the same shipped me with Makari for the 2013 annual PPC Board Shipfest, also featuring Sergio Turbo, Tray-Gnome, Ivan the Not-so-Terrible, and doctorlit.
- Herr Wozzeck shipped me with doctorlit for the 2013 shipfest.
- hermione of vulcan shipped me, Neshomeh, and tea for the 2013 shipfest.
- Lily Winterwood shipped me with DawnFire for the 2014 shipfest.
- DawnFire shipped me with tea for the 2014 shipfest. Yes, tea, the beverage. I like tea that much.
- DawnFire also revenge-shipped with Lily Winterwood for the 2014 shipfest.
- I am the owner of the typo-created elven-feet pole.
- I write Agents Desdendelle and Anebrin of the PPC.
PBP RPs I post in
Dead, and/or finished PBPs I posted in
- A Game Of Gods, first as Mal-Keshar, then as Galen Marek. This RP is finished. (GM: locoman)
- Age of Absalom, as Reaper. This RP is dead. (GM: Sullen Frog)
- Aut Omnia Aut Nihil, first as Jack Shadow, then as Alfred Oriens. Unfortunately, this very good RP was ended prematurely due to its GM's lack of time. Rebooted as Aut Omnia, aut Nihil—Renascibilitas.
- Avatar: The Last Stand, as Qing Zhu. (GM: Stratofarius)
- Clashing Hearts, as Ryu Sakura. This game was rebooted. (GM: daltar)
- Clashing Hearts! REBOOT, as Hyou Kyoku and Sakura. This RP died due to the GM's lack of interest and was rebooted as Romance of the Three Cities. (GM: Raineh Daze)
- Crossover RP for Original Unused Characters, as Vasiliki Leonedas, Khonsu and Khonsu nepher hotep. This RP died to due lack of interest. (GM: Fantasy Liver)
- Digimon: Waltz of the Damned, as Sivan Drachen and Cherubimon. This RP is dead; it was rebooted (see above). (GM: Sullen Frog)
- Digimon: Waltz of the Damned — the Second Movement, as Shai Arieli and Dianamon. Death by massive Writer's Block is never fun. (GMs: Sullen Frog, Colonial1.1 and Fallen Angel Of The Dark)
- Digimon: War Game, as Uzma Bint-al-Shaitan and Ryudamon. This RP died because its GM found out that he couldn't GM. (GM: Troper Roxas)
- Doctor Who — Time and Space, as Marcus Jennifer (temporary), Tuvok (permanent). This RP is dead. (GM: Stratofarius)
- Dusk of Sentience, as Galas Korra. Dead since its GM had a very long hiatus from This Very Wiki. (GM: SOCR)
- Edge of the Multiverse, as Vice Granscenic. Quit this one. (GM: Flanker66)
- Fate/animus logia, as Maya Shokhat and Gender Flipped!Miyamoto Musashi. Fate/RPs never last long on this wiki. (GMs: Ragna The Saviour and KSPAM)
- Fate/nexus, as Gender Flipped!Hannibal Barca. (GMs: Ragna The Saviour and KSPAM)
- Fate/replica inverse, as Xiahou Dun. This RP didn't quite hit the ground running. (GM: KSPAM)
- Heavens Cross Archipelago, as the Dragon Lady of Umbarsk. This RP was abandoned by its GM and died shortly after. I don't even remember who the GM was.
- Hercine — City of Wonders and Magic, as Blodeuwedd, the Black Orchid. Dead due to lack of interest. (GM: daltar)
- Hogwarts Slice of Life Roleplay, as Vivian Wetherford. Deader than disco. (GM: Mr AHRnote .)
- Legend Hunters, as Gaius Cornelius Tacitus and his Mons Divum the Umbreon and Felis the Absol. (GM: Plumbum)
- Legend Of Korra: The Academy as Zhao Yun. This RP is dead. (GM: Stratofarius)
- Lord of the Rings — The Silmaril Crusade, as Aerith of the Deepingvale. This RP kinda sputtered and died when it reached the end of its first battle. (GM: Drace)
- Lost Among the Stars, as the Liberty and its crew. This game was rebooted. (GM: Reven Vrake)
- Lost Among the Stars: The Redux, as the Liberty, the Storm Wind, and their crews. This RP is dead. (GM: Reven Vrake)
- Lyrical Nanoha Force REDUX, as Lucius Annaeus Seneca. This RP is dead. (GMs: Anno R and Raineh Daze)
- Madoka Magica RP, as Seishuku Tenrai. This RP is dead. (GM: Ragna The Saviour)
- Nanoha: Lost Logia Hunters, as Lucius Annaeus Astra Seneca. This RP died because its GM could not describe a building. (GMs: Raineh Daze and Anno R)
- “Peace & Love for Everyone!” Harem RP as Siri Freja Arent and the Tome. This RP is dead. (GM: Ckretaznman)
- Pokémon: Battle Dimension, as Muto Taku and Yustetsu the Nincada. Dropped this one due to Writer's Block. (GM: Stratofarius)
- Pokémon Conquest: Fate of Crimena, as Ranmaru Mori, the Dark Knight, and his partner Nene the Absol. This RP is dead. (GM: Psyga315)
- Radio City 2112, as Andromeda Hawkeye and Camellia Sinsesis. (GMs: daltar, Starbound2, Taco and Nman)
- Radio City 3.0, as Subjects 1138-b, 1138-a and 1212. This RP is dead. (GM: Saturn)
- Romance of the Three Cities — Santo no Renai, as Hyou Kyoku and Sakura. This RP died when I left it when I was drafted. (GM: Bombadillo note )
- Si Vis Votum, as Warriors Orochi!Subaru Nakajima and Warriors Orochi!Fate Testarossa Harlaown. Dead, though I know not why. (GM: Stratofarius)
- “Slice of Life” Teahouse: A Crossover Roleplay, as Kang. This RP was stillborn. (GM: Flame Haze 17)
- Star Wars: The Rats and the Mynocks, as Makar Konshi. Writer's Block for the majority of the players killed this one. (GM: Sabre's Edge)
- Taste of Nu Pagadi, as The Black Duke. This RP was kinda stillborn. (GM: Troydenite)
- The Castle Guarded by the Swaying Cherry Blossoms II, as Kuma Hana. Again, Writer's Block. (GM: daltar)
- The Gambit. This RP is dead for so long that I don't even remember the name of the Original Character I played. (GM: Hydrall)
- Tokens of the Legendary, as Phlebas Endjinn. This RP dead, thanks to a mental breakdown(?) of its GM.
- Twilight of the Gods, first as Darth Maul, and then as Pharaun Mizzrym. This RP died in its sleep and was rebooted as Eclipse of the Gods.
- Yu Gi Oh Duel Academy Second Year, as Ryu Al-kajima. This RP lost all of its players sans two, and died. (GM: Sarcastically Insane)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Academy 3: The New Duel Academy, as Kizuna Al-Kajima. RP was killed by the GM due to lack of time. (GM: Sarcastically Insane)
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: East Academy, as Eva Ga'ash. I left this RP because problems. (GMs: Yours truly, Teh Stanman and Nick The Swing)
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: UA, as Leo Al-kajima (yes, he was a distant descendant of Ryu). This RP was stillborn. (GM: Michael Dj 54)
- We Are All Pokémon Trainers, as Fal Shilde and her 'mons. I left the game due to its hectic pace.
- Work in Progress, as Labelas Enoreth. (GM: none. This RP was an anarchy, haha.)
- Work in Progress: Under New Management, as Labelas Enoreth. This RP died due to me inexperience as a GM, and was rebooted. (GM: Vox. GM-In-All-But-Name: Yours Truly)
- Wu Xing Interdimensional Fantasy Adventure, as The Black Duke and Lucius Annaeus Astra Seneca (see above for their origins). This RP was cancellated. (GM: Sonzai)
As you can see, the dead far outnumber the living...
This Troper likes the following video games
This Troper likes the following books and/or series
This Troper likes the following TV shows / Animé, or movies
This Troper dislikes the following things
Tropes that that guy, desdendelle, thinks he's an example of
- Agnostic: of the 'weak agnostic atheist' variation. It basically means the following:
- I don't know whether God(s) exist, or not.
- I tend to thinknote that no such being exists.
- I think that it is possible to know whether God(s) exist, unless it's proven otherwise.
- Beleaguered Bureaucrat: My post is best described as 'moving little pieces of paper around'. And boy are there many of those.
- Cessation of Existence: I believe in this.
- Cloudcuckoolander: I kinda tend to miss the obvious sometimes.
- Communications Officer: Since I'm in the C4I Corps, it's kinda given.
- Crossplayer: As of August 25th, 2013, I have more female avatars here than I have male or ones of indeterminate gender. (The ratio is 65:43:11, in case you were wondering.)
- Deadpan Snarker: Who isn't?
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge: Due to Bookwormness.
- Faux HTML Tags: Used often.
- Food Tropes:
- Glasses Pull: Subverted. I sometimes take my glasses off before (or after) I speak, but it has no meaning whatsoever.
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Sort of; I really can't understand what motivates people to be evil.
- Good Old Ways: Wearing a longcoat, being polite (which is rather rare here in Israel), reading a lot, writing poetry on metre, translating obscure poetry, dealing with philosophy...
- Grammar Nazi:
- Hates Every Organised Religion Equally: More or less.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: I fully believe in this.
- Hype Aversion: Ponies.
- Iconic Item: A Tenth Doctor-ish Badass Longcoat, and that one picture in which I look like a Russian Mafia member.
- Laughter Tropes: I suffer from an Annoying Laugh, but at least it is evil. Or nightmarish sometimes. Or a Noblewoman's Laugh.
- Motor Mouth: Sometimes, especially if the subject is complicated and/or obscure.
- Movie Making Mess: My Cinema movies all ended up as this, unfortunately. In the last one, one filming day was cancelled eleven times, six because of the rain and the rest because of the incompetence of the rest of the team.
- Ninja Editor: If I spot a typo in my posts, I usually go back and fix it as soon as I see it.
- Non-Action Guy: And how. Reading is better than doing stuff!
- Not a Morning Person: Earliest I'll wake up naturally is circa 1100 hours, and while I do have to wake up early sometimes because army, I still hate it.
Lazy man's box
(This is where I drop off stuff I need but am too lazy to find every time.)
Space for vandalism, messages etc
- "Uhhh, boss? There's this weird portal that's sucking the world up."
"Build a wall around it. It'll be fine." —Evi I Paladin, describing a certain Yu-Gi-Oh! card.
- "...I don't even mind this derail because it's so much better than the derails that could be going on right now." -Best Of, in the short-lived second Israeli politics thread.
- "... You're making me think about a parasitic, Raising Heart wielding Kyubey living inside people" -Sergio Turbo
- "The! The A and the It have been caught by Daleks!"
"No, we left her on Gallifrey..." -hS
“There are stars above me, and the cherry trees blossom. The garden is still, and completely quiet save for my steps and the sound of my breathing. I walk through the garden till I reach a door; I open it and stare into the very edge of infinity.”