- “Et on s'est tellemont assojetti, en la dernière, à certaines règles et à certains chiffres, qu'on en a fait un art confus et obscur, qui embarrasse l'esprit, qu lieu d'une science qui le cultive.” Translation - Rene Descartes, Discourse on Method
Israeli Blue and Orange Morality Agnostic Grammar Police Not So Stoic PPCer.
open/close all folders
This Troper dislikes the following things
Tropes that that guy, desdendelle, thinks he's an example of
- Agnostic: of the 'weak agnostic atheist' variation. It basically means the following:
- I don't know whether God(s) exist, or not.
- I tend to thinknote that no such being exists.
- I think that it is possible to know whether God(s) exist, unless it's proven otherwise.
- Alignment Tropes: True Neutral with heavy shades of Lawful Good.
- Altum Videtur: Oh so very much. Also with English, since it isn't my mother tongue.
- Bile Fascination: That's why I became PPCer and continue to read badfic.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Kind of given, since my moral code is an odd mix of Stoicism, Kantian imperatives, and Cartesian epistemology. Despite my Lawful Good tendencies.
- Bookworm: Yep! Gimme those books, gimme!
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I am gifted (135+ IQ), but incredibly lazy.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: I can't drink more than half a pint of Guinness, and Saké makes me tipsy.
- Captain Obvious: Obviously (and annoyingly, to my RL friends) enough.
- Cloudcuckoolander: I kinda tend to miss the obvious sometimes.
- Crossplayer: I have more female avatars than male ones. My favourite Warframe is Banshee.
- Deadpan Snarker: Who isn't?
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge: Due to Bookwormness.
- Food Tropes:
- Glasses Pull: Subverted. I sometimes take my glasses off before (or after) I speak, but it has no meaning whatsoever.
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Sort of; I really can't understand what motivates people to be malicious (insert standard "too many premises" disclaimer here).
- Grammar Police: I'm a stickler for correct SPaG.
- Hates Every Organised Religion Equally: More or less.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: I fully believe in this.
- Hype Aversion: Ponies.
- Iconic Item: A Tenth Doctor-ish Badass Longcoat.
- Ninja Editor: If I spot a typo in my posts, I usually go back and fix it as soon as I see it.
- Non-Action Guy: And how. Reading is better than doing stuff!
- Not a Morning Person: Earliest I'll wake up naturally is circa 1100 hours, and while I do have to wake up early sometimes because army, I still hate it.
- Saw "Star Wars" 27 Times: I have a tendency to recycle books, movies and the like.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Even more evident when I speak Hebrew.
- The Enneagram: A Four. Apparently.
- The Philosopher: Cartesian Stoicism FTW!
- The Southpaw: Mostly.
- The Stoic: Literally.
- Not So Stoic: But not perfectly.
- The Quiet One: Until the ice breaks, that is, and sometimes even after that; if I have nothing to say I will shut up.
- Type 2/type 3 Glasses Adjuster.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Something British, people assure me.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: Another bad habit I'm trying to get rid of.
- Younger Than They Look: Take my word on it. People tend to think that I'm ten years older than my true age, probably because of the goatee and coat.
Lazy man's box
(This is where I drop off stuff I need but am too lazy to find every time.)
Space for vandalism, messages etc
- "Uhhh, boss? There's this weird portal that's sucking the world up."
"Build a wall around it. It'll be fine." —Evi I Paladin, describing a certain Yu-Gi-Oh! card.
- "...I don't even mind this derail because it's so much better than the derails that could be going on right now." -Best Of, in the short-lived second Israeli politics thread.
- "... You're making me think about a parasitic, Raising Heart wielding Kyubey living inside people" -Sergio Turbo
- "The! The A and the It have been caught by Daleks!"
"No, we left her on Gallifrey..." -hS
- "Sergio Turbo/firemagic/Desdendelle.
A cuddly sandwich of animé and magical girls and bespectacled folks." -Lily Winterwood
- The British Plover that isn't British.
[17:27:48] Plummet: Stop being British damn you.
“There are stars above me, and the cherry trees blossom. The garden is still, and completely quiet save for my steps and the sound of my breathing. I walk through the garden till I reach a door; I open it and stare into the very edge of infinity.”