2 September 2013:
Started work on rewriting this massive page... because of the truth.
(This count is intended as a reminder to myself of how many times I accidentally got into trouble here. It helps to remember those, I suppose.)
Other Pages for SBaneN:
- Tropers/SBaneN (This page.)
- TroperWall/SBaneN (Where "vandalism" goes, and where others can apply tropes to me.)
Neumann DATE OF BIRTH:
25 February 1996 AGE:
S Bane N MOOD:
Hello. I'm Shane. My troper name is short for Shane "Bane" Neumann
. I'm a Pisces
and a Rat
. I live in Gansbaai
, which is in the Western Cape province of South Africa
, which is on the continent of Africa, which is on the planet Earth
, which is in the Milky Way galaxy... did I miss anything?
Anyway, I've got more than 30 fears (trust me when I say most of them
are perplexing), my favourite colours are green, red, blue, yellow, orange, pink, black and white. I also remember random days, like the day I got my first (and only) detention, and a few more. I also memorized 756
in June 2010, because I was bored in mathematics class. One could think of myself as a weird, crazy and random person - and they'd be right. As of 3 March 2011, I'm a high-school dropout. I refuse to get a detention for something that five other students did, and the entire class got one.
Since late November 2011, someone hacked my e-mail account and since then, I was unable to use it... until he made a mistake on 2 September 2013. It is this impostor that was a member of many forums, using my e-mail account. As of 2 September 2013, I spend my time modding Cave Story
, working on a few fan fictions, and being the admin of three forums, with a few forum-based RPGs. For some reason, I'm a protagonist in many of those RPGs, mods and fan fics. I still don't know how or why, though.
I'm also a literal-minded
person, and I consider friendship, honesty and having fun as important things. I used to get depressed easily, but as of 2013, that's changed. However, my feelings are easily hurt. I only respond to "Shane" or "Bane", and I ignore other names.
is probably the first post of S Bane N
... but this
is the first post of the true Shane.
A link to the Troper Wall of Shane
open/close all folders
Tropes that apply to me
Here's a list of tropes that apply to me. The real me. I hope. Tropes that I'm not sure of, are in italics. Ascended tropes are in bold.
If you wish to add a trope, do so in the "Tropes that other members believe apply to me" folder on my Troper Wall
... but be sure to check that the trope isn't in this folder yet.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Apparently.
- Afraid of Needles: Just one of many fears.
- An Ice Person: I like ice a lot. I have pyrophobia, which is why I don't like fire and heat, though.
- Apologises a Lot: If I accidentally hurt someone I say "sorry" a lot. Prior to 2012, however, I didn't apologize so much.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: Since I know very little about anime and so on, many of my questions may seem like this.
- Asperger Syndrome: Apparently. I don't know.
- Bad Dreams: I've had a lot of them when I was twelve and younger.
- Berserk Button: I have a few.
- Insulting me.
- Stealing my identity, pretending to be me.
- Hurting my friends.
- Throwing cats with rocks or anything else.
- Saying that everything in life is an illusion.
- Forcing me to do something that I don't want to do.
- Gangnam Style.
- Noisy ads.
- Beyond the Impossible: Not technically by me, but by my impostor. Somehow, he managed to say something so random that it even got Hopey to feel his own wackiness being comparable to an individual with a normal societal functioning. It also counts as a Crowning Moment Of Awesome. If you're wondering what the person who impersonated me said, go here.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I'm brilliant in my own way, at least regarding Present Draconian. However, I'm too lazy to memorize all the words, and I'm not sure if anything's changed from what I wrote and from what my impostor said...
- Brown Eyes: In real life, my eye color is brown.
- Captain Obvious: Sometimes I say things that are obviously obvious.
- Catch Phrase: I have a few.
- "That's gain!" when I defeat someone in a duel.
- "Sword of March" or "Swaard van Maart", or "guten rotschwert" when I'm surprised.
- "Seventy-five raised to the power of six is..." when I decide to show off that I do weird things out of boredom.
- Challenge Gamer: I like challenges, sometimes.
- Conlang: the creator of the Draconian language, technically. Translations are direct and grammar remains the same.
- Cool Loser: I don't mind losing every now and then. After all, you can't always win, right?
- Crazy Awesome: Apparently, some of the random things I thought up of could be this... or insanity personified by randomness.
- Crazy-Prepared: Apparently. Not sure how, though.
- Critical Research Failure: I have a habit of not doing the needed research.
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: Not technically by me, but by my impostor. He managed to say something so random that it even got Hopey to feel his own wackiness being comparable to an individual with a normal societal functioning. It also counts as Beyond the Impossible. As I said at the aforementioned trope on this page: if you're wondering what my impostor said, go here.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Definitely averted. My past isn't horrible.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: I believe it could be making video games, but I'm a bit too lazy, so I'm still wondering what purpose I have.
- Determinator: Even though you've encountered many mishaps in your life, you still managed to stay strong. You're great, you know. - Unprettier (ascended on 21 May 2013 at 00:26 GMT+2)
- Disproportionate Retribution: I've been a victim of one. The day I left school for good, about five students caused chaos in a class. The teacher gave the entire classroom a detention.
- I also got a detention for staying at home on a school sports day. There was no school work to do, and I don't go to school on such days, but since then, I went to school every schoolday, even after the final exams of the year.
- Doesn't Like Guns: Mostly I hate guns, but some of them look cool.
- Duels Decide Everything: At one point in my life, I was in a stage where I challenged people to duels to decide stuff. These days, though, I don't.
- Elective Mute: I'm a silent person most of the time, since I'm shy.
- Exact Words: Sometimes I'll take things literally.
- Foreign Language Tirade: I speak Afrikaans. As such, I may make random rants in Afrikaans.
- Forgetful Shane: I'm a forgetful person.
- Friendless Background: Averted, I do have a few friends. I lost contact with them, however.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: And how. The truth will always come out eventually, after all.
- I Am Not Left-Handed
- I Like Swords
- Improbable Weapon User: Sometimes I use a pencil case to hit insects with. It doesn't work, of course.
- Insistent Terminology: I prefer to be called a teenager.
- Messy Hair: My hair is always messy.
- Mind Screw: I might cause this. If I do, you have my sincere apologies.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy
- Not So Weak: I can break three pens if I'm truly angry.
- Shrinking Violet: A male example. I prefer to be on my own, mostly.
- The Insomniac: Sometimes. I actually went without sleep for four days in a row. Without drinking coffee, since I don't drink it in the first place. It's probably from staying hungry for that long due to financial problems, though.
- The Quiet One: I am pretty quiet in real life.
- The Teetotaler: I never drink anything when I'm not at home. I'm allergic to alcohol.
- Troper: Obviously. However, this is starting 2 September 2013, since technically my imposter was a Troper longer than me.
- Tranquil Fury: Almost never, but every now and then.
- Unable to Cry: Since 2005, I have never cried, not even when someone close to me died.
- Why Did It Have To Be All Those Scary Things That Want To Kill Me Into Oblivion Until I'm Wiped Out Of Existence?: I have a fear of dogs, birds, handwear, headwear, poison, mirrors, insects, arachnids, fire, elevators/lifts, hospitals, doctors/nurses, firearms, explosives, water, needles, real blood, cameras, biohazard suits, rust, my Alter Ego (mainly because I can't control my anger, so I called it that), clowns, drowning, sheep, love, telephones, X-rays and cars. Also, being around people and vacuum cleaners. Oh, and also statues. Strangely enough, my impostor knew all this somehow... even though I discovered these fears after 2011.
- Younger than They Look / Older than They Look: Apparently, some people thought that my mother was my sister. I still don't get how they got to that conclusion. And I don't know if this trope is correct, either, hence why I'm dual-troping it. Also, I'm almost as tall as my father.
Forums and Blogs and such
Apparently, I have my own forums, and I also have a blog.
Apparently I'm also at these places.
Regarding things with an "ignore count": if I miss TV Shows, an "ignore count" goes up by 1. If I miss something three times I just stop watching it. Even if it's due to power outages, or the signal being lost - if I miss something too many times I just stop watching it. Some
TV shows, however, are an exception to the "three times" part.
VIDEO GAMES: NOTE:
Games that are not
for PC, I generally have to use an emulator, sadly. I blame it on video gaming consoles being extremely
expensive in South Africa (at least, where I live). The only other platforms I play (via emulator) is the DS and the GBA.
- Cave Story is definitely one of them, and also the only game I have ever modded. You can see my mods in some folders below.
- La-Mulana is also one of them.
- Ace Attorney is also a favourite. Especially sometimes because of the awesome music.
- Iji is also one of my favourite video games.
- Little Fighter 2 as well. I just keep forgetting to make a character though, but it's too hard for me anyway.
- Elona is definitely one of my favourite roguelikes. It's thanks to TV Tropes that I even know about it.
- Terraria is one of them. It's thanks to TV Tropes that I even know about it.
- Toribash... of course.
- Spelunky is fun.
- Dwarf Fortress too, although I don't get why I like making swords overpowered. Sadly, due to Blue Screens of Death, I had to delete it.
- Dragon Age - since I was 15, too.
- Plants vs. Zombies is also here.
- Grandia II, definitely. One of the oldest games I have ever played.
- Quest for Glory, yeah. Especially the remake of QFG 2, which has a lot of new enemies that the original one didn't have.
- Mobile Forces, the first FPS game I have ever played, and that since I was ten. And it doesn't have a page.
- Battle for Wesnoth - the latest version is a bit hard to install, though.
- Distorted Travesty, thanks to TV Tropes!
- Eternal Daughter, which is pretty hard, but that's why I like it, I guess.
- Knytt Stories, which is... fun in its own way.
- Super Mario War, which... I haven't played in 2012 yet.
- Track Mania Nations Forever, especially because of all the insane racing tracks I build. Don't ask.
- Warcraft III. Poke.
- Rune Factory 3, especially the music of the Dragon Cave area.
- Draglade (it doesn't have a page here so no link).
- Final Fantasy is here as well. I guess.
- The World Ends with You - I eventually found my "winning pin combination" as of sometime August 2013. And then I went ahead and beat the game on 18 August 2013.
- Kingdom Hearts, mainly the GBA and DS ones. That's probably where the Twinblades from my fourth Cave Story mod, "Cave Story Re:coded", comes from.
- Dragon Quest - mainly because it has Dragons. Sometimes.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! - probably explains why I have 724 cards that I don't really use much...
- Phantasy Star Zero - I even had Kai as an avatar at Quotev at some point.
- Time Hollow - recently played it, too...
- El Goonish Shive - the first webcomic I ever read. I started reading it on 6 July 2013 in the evening... and I finished on 8 July 2013 in the morning.
- Keychain of Creation - the second webcomic I've ever read. It took me about less than 24 hours to finish from the start to the end. Somehow.
OTHER TV SHOWS:
- Monk - final episode aired on SABC2 at 11 August 2013. Yay South African television channels...
- Supernatural (ignore count: 4 missed episodes of 3) - I stopped watching this for good.
I have so many favourite songs (all from video games) that I'd need a separate page for this - I don't think I have permission for that. Ever.
For completion purposes. The things that I hate are here.
An important note:
Late in November 2011, someone hacked my e-mail account, and since then I've tried to log in every day (to no avail). Meanwhile, in the time I was unable to access my e-mail account, the hacker proceeded to join several sites and forums, including this one, and pretended to be me. I assume that the hacker changed the password everyday, for one reason: on 1 September 2013 (or 2 September 2013, I'm not sure), this hacker made the mistake of changing it to what it was prior to the day that my e-mail account got hacked. (It was "Frozen Ice Fang", which I'm not going to use as a password, ever.)
I had then found out about the hacker joining several sites and forums, so I went to one of the forums that the hacker had found and made a post there. The other admin there then made it easier to join, just to get the hacker into a trap. After that happened, he registered and made a post, called me an idiot and that it's unheard of that an idiot could outwit a genius (or something to that effect). He then gave up the idea of messing with me (in his own words) and chose to leave me be, and also sent me all the passwords of the sites and forums he had joined... which is how I'm able to post here. (I then immediately changed all the passwords.)
I still don't know who it was or how the impostor knew a lot about me, or why he made up lies (like my cat Simba being dead or my parents being abusive)...
Because of this, I technically know nobody here.
Everything below this line will be kept from how it was prior to the update.
this is mainly for things from the past...
- Naming of three Pokémon Trainers. One specializes in Poison-type Pokémon, one specializes in Dark-types, and one specializes in Grass-types.
- The Poison trainer could be called Cyanide,Thallium(both actual poisons) or Toxidaus. The dark trainer could be called Vorpal,Umbra or Heartless. And the grass trainer could be called Lemon,Zoysia or Graminoid.(I did look these us on Wikipedia,expect Toxidaus which I made up).-Xiphos Orochi 666
- A name for a powerful foe for Into the Unknown, a Cave Story mod of mine mentioned below.
- Ragnokius,Vorpaltius,Deathverse,Finalante,Doombyssia or One Vorpal.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- A name for the planet that this RPG takes place on.
- How about Juno? There aren't enough planets named after goddesses. Nine-Tailed Cat
- Better names for Cave Story Re:coded and Shane's Cave Story, two mods of Cave Story that I'm working on.
- Re:Coded Story Final Mission and Shane's Story:The Adventure of Grandeur.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Could work, although in Shane's Cave Story's case, six "episodes" would be hard to give separate names as well. Maybe I should name SCS "Dragon Riders" or something, seeing as SCS3 is going to have them introduced.
- Ok, so Episode 1: Adventure as One,Episode 2:Oath of Ice,Episode 3: Dragon Riders,Episode 4:It has come to this.Episode 5:Preultimate Endgame and Episode 6: Shane Story:Final Mission.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- I also need help with an enemy. Would flying orbs be a better choice or would giant fan monsters be best?
- I require help with a character whose sprites are 16x16 and who is an antagonist. Should her hair be in front of one of her eyes or not? And what colour eyes and hair should she have?
- Does this antagonist have dark hair? If so then the hair should be in front of the eye unless it is a brighter colour but that itself depends on the design.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Well, I still don't know what colour her eyes and hair will be.
- In that case the hair should go over the eye.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- If someone is willing to help out with dialogue for Hope of Shané, please contact me. This is extremely optional of course.
- If any bosses need dialogue,I could help.(If I forgot to contact you,then I apologize in advance)-Xiphos Orochi 666
- I'll send a message as soon as I get the chance. So far, a giant monster and a giant ice roach needs dialogue, but someone's already doing the ice roach. - S Bane N
- So where do I submit the dialogue and what is the monster's design?-Xiphos Orochi 666
Pages I've worked on
Currently, I haven't worked on any works pages. I plan to change that in the future... if my failures don't end up causing trouble.
Previous updates that have comments in them go here.
thinks of himself as a failure.''' ... No comment.
Cave Story mods
Here's a list of Cave Story
mods I've made. Each one is in a folder, of course, because I have so many. And they're also here because they don't have their own pages and I'm too lazy to do something about it and
because it's too much. Mainly because I'm too busy with this
Feel free to edit this, if you want to, I don't mind. I need all the help I can get, after all! Just be sure to add your name, though. Nobody's laughing? Guess I can't make a joke.
Tropes that apply to all my Cave Story mods
- Epic Fail: at least, according to S Bane N at one point, but he got over it. Still applies to Cave Story: Time Warp though.
- Ret Gone: Not the correct trope? But anyway, all my mods were deleted by my father (along with all my other video games) before 3 March, and someone hacked my MediaFire and 4Shared accounts, deleting the mods from there. Thankfully averted thanks to someone uploading the mods again, though.
- Word of Shane: I made these mods, right? So basically, I can say some of the canonical things when anyone asks.
Cave Story - Time Warp
Quote is sent back in time because of Ballos.
It is a sequel to the Bad Ending, where you leave the island with Kazuma and the Sky Dragon without defeating the Undead Core
. At the moment, I'm still planning to remake this, but I keep forgetting, thus the original Cave Story: Time Warp
mod is cancelled. It's current version is 0.5.
Tropes that appear in Cave Story - Time Warp
Dragon Riders / Shane's Cave Story
It's way different from the original Cave Story: instead of Quote
, I am the main protagonist. The caves also look very different. The reason why is currently unknown, and most of the loose ends are going to be tied up in Episodes 4 and 5. Yes
, I'm planning five episodes. And I'm also busy writing a story for this
very thing, where it will actually have a lot of loose ends created instead of tying them up. Shane's Cave Story 1
is currently at version 0.9X.
Regarding the story, see the "Fanfics" section on this page.
My best time beating Wayne Jakobus Michael and Kimberley Ingrid Meanae
is 2 minutes and 20 seconds, but that record has been beaten by somebody who helps with the ASM-related stuff: his speedrun time is 0'58"3
Tropes that appear (or will appear) in Shane's Cave Story
- Action Girl: Kim is one. In Shane's Cave Story 2, there's Shaie.
- An Ice Person: Shane can control ice. This results in all ice-based attacks being very powerful.
- Don't forget about Shaie.
- Author Avatar: As the protagonist.
- Berserk Button: Shane has several. One of them includes messing with his friends. Kim also has plenty. It gets worse as neither of them can control their anger.
- Bonus Boss: A few. Ballos is one, right before you have to face Misery, the Doctor and the Undead Core.
- Boss Battle: Several. There are even bosses that didn't exist in Cave Story, like Numahachi, the Statue Carver.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The fight against the Undead Core and several other bosses become this when Shane learns his Frozenken attack. It's actually possible to beat the Undead Core in six full-powered blasts!
- Deadly Gas: And boy, does the floating island have a lot of deadly gas. It works like water, however - so basically, getting a special item gives the wearer immunity to the gas. Which makes sense, as it gives the wearer an infinite supply of oxygen.
- Demonic Possession: Kim. It's later revealed that her own Nobody was behind the summoning of said demon.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: Do not call Shane "Wayne Jakobus Michael". Unless you want him to get angry and obliterate you.
- Likewise, don't call Kim on her full name ("Kimberley Ingrid Meanae") unless you want to be burnt to a crisp.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Shane does. It doesn't explain why he memorized 75 raised to the power of 6, though. The reason is that he got bored in Mathematics class. Which doesn't really make any sense.
- Averted in Shaie's case, as she likes mathematics.
- Fighting Your Friend: Although technically, Shane and Kim weren't even friends yet.
- Final Boss: Kim's Nobody, Kimberley Tyron.
- Floating Continent: It's mostly similar to Cave Story, after all.
- Gas Mask Mooks: Shane and Kim's Nobodies. Also Kim in the Sand Zone while possessed.
- Several foes in a secret area have gas masks.
- Not to forget some NP Cs in the starting cave and the Plantation as well.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: The boss fight with Possessed Kim is this, but it's possible to win if you're very, very patient. And if the Ice Ball is at maximum level.
- Kamehame Hadoken: The Frozenken beam the Shane learns after transforming into a Super Inhuman.
- Magical Girl: Misery.
- Marathon Boss: Possessed Kim has up to 19200 HP. Woe to those who didn't level up the Ice Ball to maximum XP...
- Meaningful Name: While Shane and Kim's surnames aren't meaningful, their surnames (and Shane's own nickname) are. Neumann is German for "new man" but it's Draconian for Ice Fang. Tyranto is Draconian for Fire Fang. Shane's nickname (that he gave himself in 2010) is "Bane", and when you think about it, he can't control his anger, and when he's angry, he usually destroys stuff like stationary, books and backpacks. Apparently he chose it because "it rhymed with his name".
- Shaie is Draconian for Chill.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Ballos, of course. However, he's not where you'd expect.
- Overly Long Name: Wayne Jakobus Michael (Shane's full name - in real life as well) and Kimberley Ingrid Meanae (Kim's full name).
- Oxygen Meter: Appears whenever Shane goes underwater / inside poisonous gas. Until Kim gives him the Airmulet.
- Playing with Fire: Kim controls fire.
- Poisonous Person: Kim also controls poison. That's what makes her, as a boss, so deadly. However, this is an interesting case (to some) as, despite being able to control poison, she isn't immune to it.
- Purposely Overpowered: The Ice Ball and the Frozenken weapons. Justified in that Shane's attribute is ice, and that one of the Sand Zone bosses are ridiculously powerful (19200 HP). After beating said boss, the Ice Ball is taken back, however, but the Frozenken weapon remains as long as Shane remains in Super Inhuman form.
- Recurring Boss: Obviously, Balrog. One boss fight with him is cancelled, merely by anger because he was called a toaster.
- Secret Path: A lot. It gets annoying, as there's no way to reveal most of them.
- Shipper on Deck: Sarah ships Shane and Kim, whether they've met or not.
- Shock and Awe: Shane controls lightning.
- Shout-Out: A large amount of them.
- Spell My Name with an S: Shane and Kim don't like it when anyone misspells their names. Not even themselves.
- Super Mode: Shane and Kim's Super Inhuman form. The latter isn't seen, however. Also, some of the bosses.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: Kim's Airmulet allows her to breathe underwater. She gives it to Shane after they destroy the Core in the Labyrinth.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: How Shane uses his sword. Often.
- Throw It In: The Nobodies were not planned until I began with writing Shane's Cave Story 0.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: A few, notably Possessed Kim. And then there's Numahachi, who has cloned himself so that there are five of him in total. He's in the Corridor between the Seal Chamber and the Sanctuary of Villains.
- What Could Have Been: Due to Dragon Riders (see below, in another folder), the mod is cancelled. This is because the size of Dragon Riders Episode 2 (this mod) would be too large for the Cave Story engine to handle.
Shadow of the Stars
Kay Engiabo is on the moon, trying to prove to her younger sister Nicole that the moon isn't made of cheese. However, when the moon explodes, she finds herself on a floating island, trying to stop a powerful evil monster. This mod wasn't named by me, it was named by a member of the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums, Randolf. This mod is also connected to Shane's Cave Story
... somehow. The most recent version is version 0.0.0.4.
Tropes that appear (or will appear) in Shadow of the Stars
Dragon Riders Re:coded
Serenity finds herself in a virtual world, with no way to get out of the place. It is up to her, and some new friends, to get out of there alive. This mod contains a surprising amount of changed weaponry, such as the Twinblades. This mod is connected to Shane's Cave Story
, and Curly Brace from the original Cave Story will be a boss in this mod as well, with her Machinegun. The most recent version is version 0.2.
Tropes that appear (or will appear) in Cave Story Re:coded
- Action Girl: Serenity is this. So is Charlotte, in version 0.3.
- Deadly Gas: In the Green Caves area... in the future.
- Inside a Computer System: Hence the name. The three protagonists are inside one. But there's no 01011001 yet.
- Oxygen Meter: Appears when Serenity goes underwater or inside lava.
- Secret Path: A lot. It gets annoying, as there's no way to reveal most of them.
- Shout-Out: A large amount of them, a lot of them being to Kingdom Hearts.
- The Twinblades (also known as the "O-Blades" for being part of 24 other swords starting with an O) are called Oathkeeper and Oblivion.
- The mod's name was Cave Story Re:coded and is Dragon Riders Re:coded, and the name is basically a Shout-Out to Kingdom Hearts Re:coded.
- The Tower of Shadows have an enemy called Shadows.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: When Serenity obtains an air-tank close to where she woke up.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: The Twinblades work like this: throwing a sword left and right of the wielder. Unfortunately, they can't be thrown up or down.
The Curse of Il'andri'iel
Danielle Annelie Ronel Claire Isabella Erin (Darcy for short) finds herself in a Castle after she goes to sleep in a prison where her kidnappers were torturing her into finding someone. The current version is 0.1.
Tropes that appear (or will appear) in The Curse of Il'andri'iel
- Action Girl: Darcy is this.
- Back from the Dead: Megan. At least, that's what is planned.
- Cute But Deadly: Darcy considers herself to be this. Not yet in version 0.1.
- Deadly Gas: Inside Il'andri'iel's castle, of all places. It works in the same way as water, however.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: Darcy, Nicole and Megan. They don't like being called on their full names, especially because it's a mouthful.
- Embarrassing First Name: Darcy and her sisters.
- Gas Chamber: The wrong switch in the puzzle to obtain the Laser Handgun fills a room with poison gas, causing a game over. The correct answer is hidden in the room, though.
- Meaningful Name: Misery, the sorceress of Il'andri'iel.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: The master of the castle, whose name is...
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Megan's ghost/soul/whatever appears whenever her Level 3 sword strikes an enemy. That said, Darcy uses Megan's sword.
- Overly Long Name: Everyone in Darcy's family. As in, everyone. Apparently, this is something that her parents did because they both had long names. And their parents had long names. And their parents' parents. And their parents' parents' parents... which makes it pretty much ridiculous.
- Danielle Annelie Ronel Claire Isabella Erin is Darcy.
- Nicky Ingrid Carrie Olivia Lexus Erica is Nicole, Darcy's younger sister.
- Megan Ellen Gabriella Arna Nancy is Megan, Darcy's older (and dead) sister.
- Oxygen Meter: Whenever Darcy enters a cloud of poisonous gas or water.
- Secret Path: Several, although it's rather easy to see.
- Spell My Name with an S: Darcy hates it when her name isn't spelled correctly, whether it's her full name or not.
- Super Mode: An unknown Super Inhuman. He always remains in his Super Inhuman Form Level 5 state.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: How Darcy uses Megan's sword.
Into the Unknown
My sixth mod for Cave Story
. At the moment, there isn't a plot - this is mainly so that I can get used to modding again. Version 0.1 has been released on 25 December. So get ready... nobody's safe!
Tropes that apply to Into the Unknown
- Action Girl: Amy van der Skyff.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Amy does this a few times. Save the game the first time, I dare you.
- Deadly Gas: Amy is in a prison with gas chambers. Amy can also breathe this.
- There's also a lot of this in the Subterranean Desert.
- Gas Chamber: Amy's prison has this. This is also how she was going to be executed when she was 13. It failed because she's immune to poison.
- Holiday Release: The mod's first version was released on 25 December 2012.
- Inside a Computer System: Irova is a cybernetic planet, and those who can fix Glitch Rifts will find that there's a lot of binary inside.
- Oxygen Meter: Appears when going inside water or poison gas (due to Amy being unable to use her ability to be immune to poison gas).
- Shout-Out: Several, as usual.
- Sufficiently Advanced Alien / Sufficiently Advanced Bamboo Technology: The planet of Irova is a cybernetic planet where Inhumans live on. However, sometimes glitches appear inside areas called Glitch Rifts. Seeing Glitch Rifts are, however, a gift that is very rare. Amy can see them.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: The Keyblade.
"Project Secret" is... well, a secret project I'm working on. It is a team project - only the chosen ones may know about everything that happens in it.
Only certain members of the Shane's Cave Story Forums
may know about Project Secret.
Tropes that will apply to this mod:
- Development Hell: I'm the only one who actually wants to work on it. Nobody else wants to help out with a few maps or, well, anything.
Hope of Shané: Frost, Ember, Spark and Toxin
Uh, yeah, yet another mod I'm working on
as of 22 January 2013. It's basically a single Cave Story
mod, with FOUR
versions. I really am a person with attention deficit creator disorder
. I started working on this to cope with my grandfather's death on 18 January 2013... and it went skyrocketing to four totally distinct versions
. I was planning only on Frost, not the extra versions! Please tropify this. If this gets a page, please notify me as well (as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give my own Cave Story mods
a page, even if Works Pages Are a Free Launch
- better safe than sorry, I always say). And no matter how minor help is, I credit those who help me out. Let's hope it won't literally go Up to Eleven and reach eleven different versions!
After the four prequels are done, I'll make a sequel: Canon
. Yes, Hope of Shané: Canon
is going to be the sequel to Hope of Shané: Frost, Ember, Spark and Toxin
Tropers that helped out on the mod in a way are Karjam P
, Egregious One
and Xiphos Orochi 666
Tropes that will apply to this mod:
- Action Girl: Shané Lambrechts, obviously.
- An Ice Roach: Coolio, in Frost, who appears as the first boss.
- Big Bad: Chanelle. Yes, Chanelle is going to be the final boss, according to the planning of the mod. This trope is merely here to remind myself of it, of course.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Chanelle, Shané's sister. And this in a world where it's impossible. Achievements in Ignorance, or a sign that all is not as it seems? You decide.
- Also, the Purple Karjam and Karjam P, both who appear in the mod, tend to do this often..
- But Thou Must: While this may not count as an example, you must stop an invasion in order to access another area that must be completed in order to advance the plot.
- In version 0.3, you must open a treasure chest to get a bazooka. This also unlocks a door... and then a boss fight begins.
- Darker and Edgier: While it doesn't look like it in the beginning, it's starting to look darker already according to the planned future versions.
- Deadly Gas: This will appear in Toxin. In a version-exclusive sidequest of Frost, it will appear as well, probably.
- Development Hell: Due to my depressions before, I almost didn't work on version β. Luckily that subsided, but sadly, a broken left arm means that it'll be in Development Hell still (considering I can no longer make any sprites myself, needing the help of others) for quite some time. I'm too much of a Determinator to give up, though.
- Didn't See That Coming: You wouldn't expect to see a fellow troper in this mod, or Shane, for that matter.
- Or the experience capsule with 1341 XP.
- Disproportionate Retribution: If you cheat to obtain Life Capsules, your max life decreases. It's possible to have 0 maximum HP... which could end up in a Self-Imposed Challenge.
- If you cheat to obtain the Miara (a Sylraphian machine gun) you instead get the Torment, which deals 1 damage, and also making it impossible to do some side quests that require flying.
- Doomed Hometown: The town in Frost gets destroyed by a witch. In the intro cutscene before the title screen, no less.
- And it looks as though Kimlasca Town is headed this way again.
- Dual Boss: Freezoid and Chillin in Frost are twin dragons.
- Epic Fail: My attempt at scripting the credits - it uses a different scripting style that isn't "TSC", so it's probably obvious that I'd screw up somewhere. As a result of my failure at trying to make the credits in this mod, the credits are completely removed as of version β (version 0.2).
- Fun with Acronyms: Frost, Ember, Spark, Toxin usually gets shortened as FEST. This is actually intentional, of course.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Frost Shané's hair is so long that it should impair her jumping ability. But it doesn't.
- Gas Mask Mooks: As of version 0.2, there's an enemy whose name is actually Gas Mask Mook. Some of the Critters during the Critter Invasion in Frost attempt to be this, but epically fails at it - Shané thinks they're cute instead.
- As of version 0.3, there are two bosses with gas masks: Irma and Adriana.
- Holiday Mode: Technically not a holiday mode, but version α has a special music room since it was released on Shane's birthday.
- Version β was another birthday release, released a few days before the birthday of an administrator of one of Shane's forums.
- Improbable Weapon User: Shané. Think about it, she uses a gun that fires ice cubes that disappear into nothingness, and a giant key. There is a possibility that version γ (Gamma) will have yet another improbable weapon known as a Core.
- I Thought It Meant: Some people may get confused if Hope of Shané is not mentioned before "Frost", "Ember", "Spark" or "Toxin". They get confused anyway, sometimes. Some people think it's a mod for Pokémon (like a fellow troper).
- Leitmotif: Some characters (like the version-exclusive bosses) have their own theme song as well as their own battle song.
- Oxygen Meter: as usual.
- Running Gag: An old guy constantly calls the version-exclusive cave a "bad omen" in most of his dialogue if Shané talks to him.
- Self-Imposed Challenge: It is possible to try and take on the mod without obtaining any Life Capsules. However, plot points will sometimes increase Shané's health such as stopping the invasion, which is required to continue to the source of the invasion.
- Obtaining the Torment can result in this as well - it always deals 1 damage.
- Shout-Out: Ever since I started on the mod, the name already was a Shout-Out to Pokémon having paired versions. There's Black and White, Diamond and Pearl, and so on, which led to this Cave Story mod being named "Frost and Ember" as a Shout-Out.
- There are third versions of some Pokémon games (Platinum, Emerald, Crystal, etc.). The third mod will be called "Spark" (thanks to Egregious One). "Toxin" just fell in later.
- Three of them to Kingdom Hearts - a heart-shaped moon, a Keyblade being an obtainable weapon, and Zexion making an appearance. The heart-shaped moon is called Haruto, however. Heartless will invade the town of Spark, making it four instead.
- "Kimlasca Town" is a Shout-Out to to Tales of the Abyss.
- Naruto - Coolio can use the Shadow Clone Jutsu.
- Several characters from other games and anime appear in this mod. It's easier to not make a list of them.
- Theme Naming: The four versions will each have different theme names.
- Frost version will use Greek letters, replacing the version number. It will also appear in the Starry Skies area. Version α is actually version 0.1 and version β is actually version 0.2, and so on.
- Ember version is still unknown, along with Spark and Toxin. Ember can be chosen by members of the Dragon Riders Planning Forums, Spark can be chosen by Tropers of TV Tropes, and Toxin can be chosen by those at the Cave Story forums.
- Areas are named after the version name.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: Coolio was a piece of cake, right? Then comes the second boss... In the event that you don't have better weapons than the first weapon obtained, you're going to have to go back to town in order to obtain a weapon that's at least a little bit better.
- Word of Shane: All four versions are canon.
Reach for the Stars, Justice Hearts
I only helped with this Cave Story
mod. When it is released, I'll probably tropify it here, rather than on its own page. I'm a bit scared to make new pages for mods XD
Fan Fictions and other works of mine:
This is where my fan fictions and other things go.
I will eventually add a trope list for those
but folders can't be within folders. Unfortunately.
Please be patient. Who knows, anything is possible.
Pokémon Rebel and Revolt
Pokémon Rebel and Revolt
is my first fanfic, previously known as "Dusk and Dawn" but sadly, that already exists to something totally unrelated...
This story takes place in the fictional region of Ratia, during the events of Convex and Concave
- a villain from the Draconia region makes an appearance in this fan fic.
Currently it's cancelled because I can't access the list of Pokémon that the first Gym Leader will have.
Tropes will appear here in the future, and the characters? Well, maybe in the future as well.
Pokémon Convex and Concave
Pokémon Convex and Concave
is my second fanfic, originally known as "Spark and Steel".
The only reason why I am the protagonist is so that I can keep working on this and not abandon it. Also, this fan fic is based on a dream I had. it takes place during the events of Rebel and Revolt
Tropes will be added here in the future. I guess. Until there's a separate page for this fanfic, I won't be adding any characters. Yet. Too much space on this page already - if I extend it too much it'll go overkill
This is a random story I started up on 27 January 2013. Rhue is The Hero
, while Talia is The Chick
... probably. It will be posted on my forums, with my Pokémon fanfics.
Dragon Riders 0
This was the prequel to Shane's Cave Story 1
(the mod), before I decided that the fanfic is more canon than the mod.
You can read it here
Rated TEEN for strong language, violence, extremely detailed stuff and being based on a dream/nightmare I had.
Tropes that apply to DR0:
- Action Girl: Siobhan, Erika, Marcel, Dixie, and Kimberley all count as action girls before the third chapter.
- An Ice Person: Shaun, even though he doesn't know it yet.
- Berserk Button: Just about everyone in this universe has about one or two.
- Catch Phrase: Shaun has "That's gain!" when defeating an opponent in a duel.
- Conlang: The language Draconian appears in this work. Notable in that Shaun understands it instantly without knowing what it is, but Kimberley takes a while before she understands it. However, everyone can speak Past Draconian without knowing it. Past Draconian is English, with the words spelled backwards.
- Deadly Gas: How several of the Gas Mask Maids are killed in the prologue, and Siobhan's dad tried to kill her and her sisters in Chapter 2 with poisonous gas. There is a spell that creates this as well as a spell that creates Knockout Gas, too.
- Dragon Rider: Episode 1 is an aversion, despite the name. The Dragon Riders don't appear yet.
- Friendless Background: Shaun has no friends at all, except for Emily, his cousin.
- Gas Mask Maids: In the prologue, Shaun gets kidnapped by them. Henry Black's sister pretends to be one, in order to stop them from killing Shaun.
- Improbable Weapon User: Maddie Black uses a frying pan in Chapter 1 against a goblin disguised as a human. The frying pan broke. Likewise, Shaun used a plastic katana, but
- Knockout Gas: The Slaapenzenkensempra spell, which can put people to sleep for ten days. However, both Shaun and Kimberley were only affected for five days, for some reason.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: With the planned time span (1996 B.C. to 2200 A.D.), this is definitely a possibility.
- Mysterious Past: Almost all of the characters have a mysterious past. The author is planning on elaborating on Shaun's past at some point.
- Playing with Fire: Kimberley, even though she doesn't know it yet.
- Shout-Out: Several. Harry Potter and Kingdom Hearts are just two of them, in a world of Shout Outs.
Shane's Cave Story to Dragon Riders - DRAGON RIDERS won
Do you think I should rename "Shane's Cave Story" to "Dragon Riders"? Just say "yes" or "no" (with your troper name at the end, and maybe a reason if you feel it's needed) and who knows, maybe on 1 April, it'll be renamed!
(except for Karjam P
) will get to create a character for the story. The Troper will be chosen at random.
As of 1 April, it has been renamed. As such, someone gets to make a character for the story. A random troper who said "yes".
The Seretouan Alliance
This is a spin-off interquel to Dragon Riders 0
. The story follows the new defense attorney, Serena Trevors as she takes on her first case. However, things take an unexpected turn as cold cases from the past, even from her childhood, are linked to the most recent murder...
At the moment, the author is still busy writing it, having finished only the prologue and the first two chapters. Currently they can't be read yet, because the author wishes to finish the court case chapters first.
Tropes that will apply to The Seretouan Alliance:
- Amoral Attorney: Averted. Prosecutor Dan West will always try to uncover the truth.
- Catch Phrase: Obviously, "OBJECTION!" for the defense attorneys and the prosecutors.
- Serena only shouts "Objection!" in unison with other people. If she makes an objection, she uses "Oh no you don't!" instead.
- Cloudcuckoolander: The judge of Serena's first trial in court. Either that or the laws of Seretou are really horrible.
- Courtroom Antics
- Dark and Troubled Past: Serena's past. Also Erin and Adelé's pasts, and Dan's past.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Serena wears a mitten on her right hand, and a glove on her left hand, on cold days, for the sole purpose of pointing the finger at people in court.
- Happily Adopted: Erin and Adelé Hirasawa.
- Ill Girl: Adelé was one until a mysterious purple being cured her incurable disease.
- Meaningful Name / Punny Name: There are a few.
- The judge's name is Iamato Tallydiott, a pun on "I am a total idiot".
- One of the victims of Serena's first case is called Tim Witt, who accused Serena and Drew of crimes they didn't even commit.
- Name's the Same: There's a girl named Erin in this story as well as in Dragon Riders Episode 0.
- Shout-Out: Several to Ace Attorney. After all, there is a courtroom.
Another link to the Troper Wall of Shane
Stinger? What stinger?