"Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together."
— Red Green
(My screenname is not supposed to be spelled with spaces. Use the NotAWikiWord method to keep it that way.)
EVEN THOUGH MY TROPER PAGE IS VERY LONG, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT IS AWFUL. THE PAGE IS JUST DETAILED WITH PRECISION & SHOULD BE WORTH READING AT LEAST ONE
I'm just a high school graduate at the age of 24 who decided not to go off to college because I think it's a waste of money. My Troper name comes from enjoying the funny antics of Al Bundy from Married...With Children
I helped give The Simpsons Funny Page
a much needed MAJOR overhaul. All of the funny moments were unorganized, and I wanted them to be organized so other people can look and see which episode the funny moments were from. Of course, there are now subpages for this subject but I had nothing to do with that.
I'm also a fan of the Green Bay Packers
, winners of Super Bowl XLV
. They now have a league-leading 13 NFL
titles. Don't try to tell me the stupid Dallas Cowboys
are America's Team in the NFL. In my mind, the Packers deserve that nickname beause of their unique
ownership status of company stockholders living in ALL
50 States and Washington D.C. in the U.S.A. Also, it make no sense to me that the Dallas Cowboys
are in the NFC East
division when they clearly belong in the NFC South
. It's a terrible shame that every season the New York Giants
, Philadelphia Eagles
, and Washington Redskins
have to travel halfway across the U.S. to play a "divisional" matchup with the Dallas Cowboys
Here is what my ideal geographical realignment for the NFL would look like if I were to change it at my own will
, but sadly that's not the case. I'd easily force the Cowboys and Panthers to switch divisions in the NFC
, while in the AFC
I would move the Ravens and Steelers to the East (both being opposite from the Redskins and Eagles respectively), the Dolphins to the South, and both the Bills and Colts to the North. This would be the result:
- East: Eagles, Giants, Panthers, & Redskins
- North: Bears, Lions, Packers, & Vikings - BEST Division in the NFL hands-down; my reasons for this are listed below this section.
- South: Buccaneers, Cowboys, Falcons, & Saints
- West: 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, & Seahawks
- East: , Jets, Patriots, Ravens, & Steelers
- North: Bengals, Bills, Browns, & Colts
- South: Dolphins, Jaguars, Texans, & Titans
- West: Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, & Raiders
So what if the old rivalries would diminish? Dallas
might get to face 1 of the 3 other NFC East
franchises (not counting the Panthers, since they're not in the East right now) each season based on the previous year's standings, and a guaranteed match-up with all 4 of them every 3 years under the current scheduling formula. The divisons in all
sports organizations should
be based on geographical locations
. Why can't it be that way? To sum up this topic, I'll quote what the Headscratchers pages used to be called on this TV Tropes website: it "Just Bugs Me".
Here are my reasons for why the NFC NORTH division in the NFL will be the best every year:
Some of you reading this would be surprised to know that everyday in my life, I still miss the sight of the original World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan of New York City
, New York. I never was able to see the place in person, but I was fully aware of its existence and had dreams of seeing that modern marvel of architecture, thinking all 7 buildings would stand the test of time and be intact until the Apocalypse. I only hope someday "The Sphere"
sculpture which used to sit in the old Austin J. Tobin Plaza and survived the horrible destruction can return to the rebuilt 16-acre site and be placed right between One World Trade Center and the proposed Performing Arts Center. That seems like a reasonable location to me. Of course, I'm a little displeased with the slow progress being done to revitalize the area. Currently, WTC buildings 1, 4, and 7 are rebuilt. They still
need to construct buildings 2, 3, 5, the "Performing Arts Center" (which I hope will be called 6), Liberty Park, and the Transportation Hub before I even want to go visit New York City again.
I need to work at a job for a living so I can't always be on this website everyday. Also, most of the edits I make are usually just on pages I've visited so there isn't consistancy between any of them.
I am also painfully aware that my screen-name should be changed, but I just haven't figured out what name could replace the one I have right now.
Tropes that describe me include:
- Apologises a Lot: Yes I do, especially to my parents.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Usually happens at least once a day.
- Berserk Button: At least 4.
- Just the fact that the Dallas Cowboys can't "man-up" and wear the (non-throwback) navy blue jerseys at home all the time. The team finally did just that for 1 game on Thanksgiving of 2013 after a nearly 50-year drought and defeated the Oakland Raiders, 31-24. Those uniforms are jinxed, I say NOT! Will they do it again in 2014? Jerry Jones would be stupid not to allow it.
- Hearing people misuse the word "like" in everyday conversations, especially girls. In the U.S.A., it has gotten to the point where it can be considered a version of the Most Annoying Sound somebody could ever hear.
- People in this world I don't like being rewarded for doing things I think are stupid. There's a lot of that.
- Vehicle parking lots and street parking spaces (on streets wide enough) without painted lines in a grid acting as a guide. IT IS RIDICULOUS AND SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.
- Born Lucky: I say this is true for one thing only: being born and living in the United States of America and getting to experience what life was like in the 1990s before some things such as U.S.A. mainstream music and content in TV shows took a turn for the worse.
- Born Unlucky: Yes, I believe this to be true because I do some tough physically demanding work 6 days a weeknote for a business which is the only one of its kind in the entire county. COUNTY, not country.
- Fanboy: For the Green Bay Packers, the "REAL" America's Team.
- Nostalgia Filter: This will apply to me for the rest of my life in regards to the 1990s because I grew up in that decade. A lot of things were just better back then, including some songs in mainstream music, live-action TV, and western animation.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: I love to do this a lot. It's addictive to me.
- The Teetotaler: I flat out refuse to drink alcohol of any kind on a regular basis because research studies have shown that the effects of alcohol leads to unintelligent decisions, possible cirrhosis of the human liver, and even hepatitis. The fact that I've seen people act like complete idiots on the Bar Rescue TV show only proves my point even more.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness - In a different version of this trope, it applies to the gloves I wear at work because eventually they wear out and/or get torn apart and therefore need to be replaced.
Things in the media and/or pop culture that I will "ALWAYS" like. Most, if not all, are HIGHLY recommended: (Note: Absolute favorites of mine are in BOLD)
open/close all folders
Actors (Some are also Stand-Up Comedians)
- Jason Alexander
- Tim Allen
- Rowan Atkinson - "Issa race! Issa race! I'm winning, I'm winning!"
- Dan Aykroyd
- John Belushi - (R.I.P) and his brother James "Jim" Belushi
- Michael Boatman
- Wayne Brady - "Don't stand behind me after I get finished eatin', trust me it's not good. Because I'll blow your hair off. Brrrrt! Yes indeed!"note
- Matthew Broderick
- Mel Brooks - "No more beaming! This time I'm gonna walk!" The room he was being teleported to is right next door.
- Gary Busey
- Larry Joe Campbell
- John Candy - (R.I.P)
- Steve Carellnote - "Where did you get those clothes, at The Toilet Store?"
- Drew Carey
- Jim Carrey - "I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a bit rockier than this."
- Jackie Chan - (He really does do his own stunts.)
- Chevy Chase - "I'm gonna catch it in the coat...smack it with a hammer!"
- John Cleese - "There's only one rule. Are you ready? Here it is: There are...no...rules. Go!"
- Bryan Cranston
- David Cross
- Jon Cryer
- Tim Curry - "What's the matter? Store wouldn't take your...stolen credit card? Let's see what the police have to say about this."
- Jeff Daniels
- Vincent D'Onofrio
- Chip Esten
- Will Ferrell - "Buddy the Elf. What's your favorite color?"
- Harrison Ford
- Michael J. Fox - (I was lucky enough to meet him in person)
- Morgan Freeman
- Johnny Galecki
- Billy Gardell
- Jeff Goldblum - "Must go faster, must go faster."
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. - "I AM NOT...A BUS DRIVER! I DO NOT WORK...FOR THE BUS COMPANY!"
- Seth Green - "What do you mean 'That's it'? I'm not giving up...and neither are you...and neither am I."
- Tom Hanks - "Will Andy pick me? (Woody shakes the magic 8 ball and it reads 'Don't count on it.') DON'T COUNT ON IT!? AWWW..."
- Phil Hartman - (R.I.P) - "Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such __________ as __________ and __________."
- Jon Heder
- Simon Helberg
- Samuel L. Jackson - (for his role in Star Wars)
- Kevin James
- James Earl Jones
- Adhir Kalyan
- Richard Kind
- Wayne Knight - "Ah, ah, ah... You didn't say the magic word."
- Hugh Laurie
- Sir Christopher Lee
- Jason Lee
- Christopher Lloyd - "Great Scott!"
- Jon Lovitz - "ARE YOU INSANE?! THIS IS HITLER'S CAR!!"
- Steve Martin
- Christopher McDonald
- Breckin Meyer
- Colin Mochrie - "I'M A MIME!"note
- Rick Moranis - "What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? Chicken?"
- Martin Mull
- Frankie Muniz
- Eddie Murphy
- Bill Murray
- Kunal Nayyar
- Liam Neeson
- Jack Nicholson - "Wait 'til they get a load of me."
- Leslie Nielsen - (R.I.P)
- Leonard Nimoy - "It's only logical."
- John O'Hurley
- Jerry Orbach - (R.I.P)
- Patton Oswalt - "My head is not shaped like a pineapple!"
- Jim Parsons - "Bazinga!"
- Greg Proops
- Bill Pullman
- John Ritter - (R.I.P)
- Alan Ruck
- Bob Saget
- Adam Sandler - "YOU'RE GONNA DIE, CLOWN!"
- Rob Schneider
- William Shatner - Good ol' Captain Kirk & The PRICELINE NEGOTIATOR!
- Charlie Sheen
- Brad Sherwood
- J.K. Simmons
- Steve Smith - (I was lucky enough to meet him in person)
- David Spade - "I didn't know ath-a-lete had three syllables."
- Ryan Stiles - "I'll have a cheeseburger, some fries, and a COOOOOOOOOOOOKE!"note
- Ben Stiller
- Jason Sudekis
- Ethan Suplee
- Kenan Thompson
- Gary Valentine
- Vince Vaughn
- Christopher Walken - "I gotta have more cowbell!"
- Patrick Warburton
- Carl Weathers
- Robin Williams - (R.I.P)
- Owen Wilson
- Henry Winkler - A.K.A. Fonzie "Aaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!"
Chefs - (TV)
- Alton Brown - "Stuffing is evil."note
- Bobby Flay - "It's important to have balance in your life between work and play."
- Gordon Ramsay - "If you want to become a great chef, you have to work with great chefs. And that's exactly what I did."
- Geoffrey Zakarian
Live Action TV
Any shows on this list (with multiple different versions broadcast in different countries) are meant to be U.S.A. version except where noted.
- According to Jim - (My Favorite Character: Andy, Jim's brother-in-law)
- America's Funniest Home Videos
- Bar Rescue
- Ca$h Cab
- Community - [It's not one of my absolute favorites because Dr./Professor Ian Duncan (John Oliver) was not a main cast member. It's disappointing that he wasn't because he made the show funny. Plus the character of Ben Chang should've never been created. He is NOT funny; he will always be a Jerk@$$. I only laughed at him when he was being a complete dummy. These are the only episodes that are worth watching again:
- 1. #1: "Pilot" - (09/17/2009)
- 2. #4: "Social Psychology" - (10/08/2009)
- 3. #5: "Advanced Criminal Law" - (10/15/2009)
- 4. #25: "Pascal's Triangle Revisited" - (05/20/2010)
- 5. #28: "The Psychology of Letting Go" - (10/07/2010)
- 6. #30: "Messianic Myths and Ancient Peoples" - (10/21/2010)
- 7. #36: "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas" - (12/09/2010)
- 8. #37: "Asian Population Studies" - (01/20/2011)
- 9. #40: "Early 21st Century Romanticism" - (02/10/2011)
- 10. #46: "Paradigms of Human Memory" - (04/21/2011)
- 11. #47: "Applied Anthropology and Culinary Arts" - (04/28/2011)
- 12. #87: "Basic Intergluteal Numismatics" - (01/09/2014)
- 13. #89: "Geothermal Escapism" - (01/23/2014)
- 14. #90: "Analysis of Cork-Based Networking" - (01/30/2014)
- 15. #91: "Bondage and Beta Male Sexuality" - (02/27/2014)
- 16. #95: "G.I. Jeff" - (04/03/2014)
- 17. #96: "Basic Story" - (04/10/2014)note
- 18. #97: "Basic Sandwich" - (04/17/2014)
So, only 18 out of 97 episodes are canon to me. Any episode not listed here I consider to be garbage/non-canonical to the "Community" storyline and a complete waste of time which I'll never get back. Also, ALL OF BOTH SEASONS 3 AND 4 ARE DEAD TO ME! John Oliver didn't appear at all. I only mourn the loss of not seeing his character anymore, not the cancellation of the show. Got it?]
- Cutthroat Kitchen - (I keep track of the overall record for men's and women's victories. Men are still in the lead.)
- Dads - (I was disappointed to see this show cancelled after one season.)
- Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza - (I was disappointed to see this show cancelled after one season.)
- Doctor Whonote - (My Favorite Character: The Tenth Doctor)
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- Family Feud - (Primarily John O'Hurley's tenure from 2006-2010. It's been dead to me since he resigned as host.)
- Good Eats
- Ground Floor
- Hell's Kitchen
- Home Improvement
- Hungry Investor$
- Kitchen Nightmares
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- Law & Order - (My Favorite Character: Detective Leonard W. "Lennie" Briscoe)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent - (My Favorite Character: Detective Robert "Bobby" Goren)
- Malcolm in the Middle - (My Favorite Character: Hal)
- Married...With Children
- Men At Work - (My Favorite Character: Tyler ~ I was disappointed to see this show cancelled after three seasons.)
- Mike & Molly
- My Name Is Earl
- Person of Interest - (My Favorite Character: Harold Finch, followed by John Reese)
- íRob! - (I was disappointed to see this show be cancelled after one season.)
- Rules of Engagement - (My Favorite Character: Timmy, followed by Russell)
- Sanford and Son
- Sean Saves the World - (I was disappointed to see this show cancelled after one season.)
- $#*! (Bleep) My Dad Says - (I was disappointed to see this show cancelled after one season.)
- Spin City - (My Favorite Character: Paul Lassiter)
- Still Standing
- Sullivan and Son
- Surviving Jack - (I was disappointed to see this show cancelled after one season.)
- The Amazing Race - (My Favorite Team: Brothers Jet & Cord McCoy ~ "The Cowboys" [U.S.A. Seasons 16, 18, & 24; Sadly, they're the best team to have never won the race. Plus, they were a lot more fun to watch than the NFL franchise of the same name. Hopefully, life goes well for them outside the show.])
- The Apprentice
- The Big Bang Theory - (My Favorite Character: Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper, B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.)
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart note & its spinoff The Colbert Report
- The Drew Carey Show - (I've only seen episodes 1-7 and I like it already. Only 226 more episodes to go.)
- The Millers
- The King of Queens - (My Favorite Character: Danny Heffernan)
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
- The Price Is Right
- The Red Green Show - (My Favorite Character: Winston Rothschild, III)
- The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (06/01/2009 - 01/22/2010)note
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (05/25/1992 - 05/29/2009; 03/01/2010 - 02/06/2014)note
- Two and a Half Men
- Wheel of Fortune
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?note
- Yes Dear
Interstingly enough, I like to categorize music (in general) into 12 different categories. They are as follows:
#1. Awesome music created before the construction of the original World Trade Center (prior to 08/05/1966).
#2. Decent music created before the construction of the original World Trade Center (prior to 08/05/1966).
#3. Horrible music created before the construction of the original World Trade Center (prior to 08/05/1966).
#4. Awesome music created during the construction of the original World Trade Center (08/05/1966 - 04/03/1973).
#5. Decent music created during the construction of the original World Trade Center (08/05/1966 - 04/03/1973).
#6. Horrible music created during the construction of the original World Trade Center (08/05/1966 - 04/03/1973).
#7. Awesome music created when the original World Trade Center existed (04/04/1973 - 09/11/2001).
#8. Decent music created when the original World Trade Center existed (04/04/1973 - 09/11/2001).
#9. Horrible music created when the original World Trade Center existed (04/04/1973 - 09/11/2001).
#10. Awesome music created after the destruction of the old plus before and during the construction of the new World Trade Center (09/12/2001 - present).
#11. Decent music created after the destruction of the old plus before and during the construction of the new World Trade Center (09/12/2001 - present).
#12. Horrible music created after the destruction of the old plus before and during the construction of the new World Trade Center (09/12/2001 - present).
Most of the stuff in this music list will likely fall under numbers 1, 4, and 7 and a LOT of mainstream garbage not listed will fall under numbers 3, 6, 9, and especially 12 because after 09/11/2001, mainstream music in general has taken a GIANT nosedive into a hole it will probably NEVER dig out of (metaphorically). Yes, I have specifically listed the names of individual songs for each music artist or group. Lyrics alone (if any) are not the primary reason for me liking any songs listed here.note
- 10cc - "The Things We Do for Love"
- ABCnote - "Be Near Me"
- Ace - "How Long"
- Adam Ant - "Goody Two-Shoes"
- A Flock of Seagulls - "I Ran (So Far Away)"
- The Alan Parsons Project (APP) - "Sirius/Eye in the Sky"
- Al Stewart - "Year of the Cat"
- America - "A Horse With No Name"; "Sister Golden Hair"; "Tin Man"; "Ventura Highway"; "You Can Do Magic"
- Andy Williams - (R.I.P) - "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
- Asianote - "Only Time Will Tell"
- The Association - "Cherish"
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - "Imaginary Lover"; "So Into You"
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - "Let It Ride"; "Roll on Down the Highway"; "Takin' Care of Business"
- The Beatles - John Lennon, Sir Paul McCartney , George Harrison, & Ringo Starr - ALL OF THEIR SONGS
- The Bee Gees - "Stayin' Alive"
- Bill Withers - "Ain't No Sunshine"; "Lean on Me"
- Billy Preston - (R.I.P) - "Nothing from Nothing"; "Outa-Space"; "Will It Go Round in Circles"
- Blind Melon - "No Rain"
- The Blues Brothers Band - "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love"; "I Can't Turn You Loose"; "(I Got Everything I Need) Almost"; "Jailhouse Rock"; "Messin' with the Kid"; "Peter Gunn Theme"; "Rubber Biscuit"; "Soul Man"; "Sweet Home Chicago"; "Theme from Rawhide"
- Blue Íyster Cult (BÍC) - "(Don't Fear) the Reaper"
- Blue Swede - "Hooked On a Feeling"
- Bobby Brown - "On Our Own"
- Bobby Helms - "Jingle Bell Rock"
- Booker T. & the M.G.'s - "Green Onions"
- Bowling for Soup - "1985"
- Boz Scaggs - "Lowdown"
- Brewer & Shipley - "One Toke Over the Line"note
- Bruce Hornsby and the Range - "The Way It Is"
- Buffalo Springfield - "For What It's Worth"
- The Byrds - "Turn! Turn! Turn!"
- Cab Calloway - (R.I.P) - "Minnie the Moocher"
- Caesars - "Jerk It Out"
- The Capitols - "Cool Jerk"
- Cat Stevens - "Peace Train"; "Wild World"
- The Champs - "Tequila"
- Cheap Trick - "Surrender"
- Cherry Poppin' Daddies - "Zoot Suit Riot"
- Christopher Cross - "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)"; "Never Be the Same"; "Ride Like the Wind"; "Sailing"
- Chuck Berry - "Johnny B. Goode"; "No Particular Place to Go"; "Run, Ruldolph, Run"; "School Days"
- Chumbawamba - "Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down)"
- The Clash - "Rock the Casbah"; "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
- The Coasters - "Yakety Yak"
- Collective Soul - "December"; "Shine"; "The World I Know"
- '''Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - "Bad Moon Rising"; "Down on the Corner"; "Green River"; "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"; "Lookin' Out My Back Door"; "Proud Mary"; "Up Around the Bend"
- "Dancing In the Moonlight" - King Harvest & Toploader (I enjoy each band's version; both of them are wonderful)
- Danny Elfman - Pee Wee Herman's Breakfast Machine"; "The Simpsons Theme Song"
- Dave Matthews Band - "Ants Marching"note ; "Satellite"; "Stay (Wasting Time)"; "Too Much"; "What Would You Say"
- Derek and the Dominoes - "Layla"
- Donald Fagen - "I.G.Y. (What a Beautiful World)"
- Don McLean - "Vincent (Starry Starry Night)"
- The Doobie Brothers
- Tom Johnston (lead vocals) - "Black Water"; "China Grove"; "Listen to the Music"; "Long Train Runnin'"; "Rockin' Down the Highway"
- Michael McDonald (lead vocals) - "It Keeps You Runnin'"; "Minute by Minute"; "Real Love"; "Takin' It to the Streets"; "What a Fool Believes"
- The Dream Academy - "Life in a Northern Town"
- Earth, Wind & Fire - "September"
- Edwin Starr - (R.I.P) - "War"
- Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - "Can't Get It Out of My Head"; "Don't Bring Me Down"; "Livin' Thing"; "Strange Magic"; "Turn to Stone"
- Sir Elton John - "Crocodile Rock"; "Daniel"; "Honky Cat"; "I'm Still Standing"; "Levon"; "Rocketman"; "Tiny Dancer"; "Your Song"
- Fine Young Cannibals - "She Drives Me Crazy"
- Gary Wright - "Dream Weaver"
- George Harrison - (R.I.P) - "Got My Mind Set on You"; "My Sweet Lord"; "What Is Life"
- Genesis - "I Can't Dance"; "That's All"
- Gerry Rafferty - (R.I.P) - "Baker Street"; "Get It Right Next Time"; "Right Down the Line"
- Gordon Lightfoot - "Carefree Highway"; "If You Could Read My Mind"; "Sundown"; "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
- The Guess Who - "No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature"
- Haddaway - "What Is Love"
- Harry Chapin - (R.I.P) - "Cat's in the Cradle"
- Herman's Hermits - "I'm Henery the VIII, I Am"
- The Highway Men - "Highwayman"
- The Human League - "Don't You Want Me"; "(Keep Feeling) Fascination"; "Human"
- James Brown - (R.I.P) - "I Got You (I Feel Good)"; "The Old Landmark"; "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"
- James Taylor - "Carolina in My Mind"; "Copperline"; "Country Road"; "Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight"; "Fire & Rain"; "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)";"Something in the Way She Moves"; "Shower the People"; "You've Got a Friend"
- The J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"; "Freeze Frame"
- Jim Croce - (R.I.P) - "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown"; "I Got a Name"; "I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song"; "It Doesn't Have to Be That Way"; "Operator (That's Not the Way It Feels)"; "Time in a Bottle"; "You Don't Mess Around with Jim"
- John Fogerty - "Centerfield"
- John Lennon - (R.I.P) - "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)";"Imagine"; "Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)"; "Mind Games"; "Nobody Told Me"; "Watching the Wheels"; "Whatever Gets You thru the Night"
- John Williams - "Holiday Flight"; "NBC Sunday Night Football Theme Song" (INSTRUMENTAL); "Somewhere In My Memory"
- Lenny Kravitz - "Fly Away"; "Where Are We Runnin'?"
- Los Lonely Boys - "(How Far is) Heaven"
- Louis Prima - (R.I.P) - "Pennies From Heaven"
- The Lovin' Spoonful - "Do You Believe in Magic"
- The Mamas & the Papas - "California Dreamin'"; "Monday, Monday"
- Marc Anthony - "I Need to Know"
- Marc Cohn - "Walking in Memphis"
- Marvin Gaye - (R.I.P) - "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
- Marvin Hamlisch - (R.I.P) - "The Entertainer"
- Matchbox 20 - "Back 2 Good"note
- Matthew Wilder - "Break My Stride"
- Men at Work - "Down Under"; "Who Can It Be Now?"
- Michael Jackson - (R.I.P) - "Beat It"
- Michael McDonald (solo) - "Sweet Freedom"
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "The Impression That I Get"
- Naked Eyes - "Always Something There to Remind Me"
- Nat King Cole - (R.I.P) - "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)"
- Oingo Boingo - "Home Again"; "Who Do You Want to Be"
- The O'Jays - "For the Love of Money"; "Love Train"
- Otara Millionaires Club (OMC) - "How Bizarre"
- Sir Paul McCartney and Wings - "Band on the Run"; "Jet"; "Let 'Em In"; "Listen to What the Man Said"; "Live and Let Die"; "Maybe I'm Amazed"; "My Love"; "Silly Love Songs"
- Paul Simon (solo) - "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"; "Kodachrome"; "Loves Me Like a Rock"; "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard"; "Mother and Child Reunion"; "Slip Slidin' Away"; "You Can Call Me Al"
- Peter Frampton - "Baby, I Love Your Way"; "Show Me the Way"
- Phil Collins - "Another Day in Paradise"; "I Don't Care Anymore"; "In the Air Tonight"note ; "True Colors"; "You Can't Hurry Love"; "You'll Be in My Heart"
- Pink Floyd - "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2"
- The Police - "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"; "Message in a Bottle"; "Spirits in the Material World"
- The Presidents of the United States of America - "Cleveland Rocks"
- The Proclaimers - "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"; "I'm On My Way"
- Question Mark (?) & the Mysterians - "96 Tears"
- Ray Charles - (R.I.P) - "That Spirit of Christmas"
- Rednex - "Cotton-Eyed Joe"
- Rick Astley - "Never Gonna Give You Up"
- Ricky Nelson - (R.I.P) - "Garden Party"
- Ringo Starr - "Back Off Boogaloo"; "It Don't Come Easy"; "Photograph"; "The No-No Song"
- Rockwell - "Somebody's Watching Me"
- Sam and Dave - "Hold On, I'm Comin'"
- Sam Spence - "Round Up"
- Scott Schreer - "NFL on FOX Theme Song"
- The Searchers - "Sugar and Spice"
- Seal - "Crazy"note ; "Kiss from a Rose"
- Seals and Crofts - "Diamond Girl"; "Summer Breeze"
- Simon & Garfunkel - "Bridge over Troubled Water"; "Homeward Bound"; "I Am a Rock"; "Mrs. Robinson"; "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)"; "The Boxer"; "The Sounds of Silence"
- Sister Hazel - "All for You"
- Smash Mouth - "All Star"; "I'm a Believer"; "Then the Morning Comes"; "Walkin' on the Sun"
- The Spinners - "They Just Can't Stop It the (Games People Play)"
- Stealers Wheel - "Stuck in the Middle (With You)"
- Steely Dan - "Aja"; "Bad Sneakers"; "Deacon Blues"; "Dirty Work"; "Do It Again"; "FM (No Static at All)"; "Hey Nineteen"; "Josie"; "Peg"; "Reelin' In the Years"; "Rikki Don't Lose That Number"
- Steve Miller Band - "Space Intro/Fly Like an Eagle"
- Sting - "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free"
- Stories - "Brother Louie"
- Supertramp - "Give A Little Bit"; "Goodbye Stranger"; "Take the Long Way Home"; "The Logical Song"
- Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
- Sweet - "Fox on the Run"; "Little Willy"; "The Ballroom Blitz"
- The Tokens - "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
- They Might Be Giants - "Boss of Me"
- Thomas Dolby - "She Blinded Me With Science"
- Three Dog Night - "An Old Fashioned Love Song"; "Black & White"; "Joy to the World"; "Mama Told Me (Not to Come)"; "Shambala"
- Tom Cochrane - "Life Is a Highway"
- Tom Petty - "Christmas All Over Again"
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) - "Wizards in Winter"
- Uncanny Alliance - "Happy Day"
- Van Morrison - "Domino"; "Moondance"
- The Vogues - "Five O'Clock World"
- Wang Chung - "Dance Hall Days"
- "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Eat It"; "Grapefruit Diet"; "Smells Like Nirvana"; "White & Nerdy"
- The Who - "Magic Bus"
- Yes - "Owner of a Lonely Heart"
- Donald Driver: NFL WR; #80
Green Bay Packers (1999-2012)
- Brett Favre: NFL QB; "The Gunslinger/IronMan"; #4
Atlanta Falcons (1991)
Green Bay Packers (1992-2007)
New York Jets (2008)
Minnesota Vikings (2009-2010)
- Matt Flynn: NFL QB; #'s 10 & 15
Green Bay Packers (2008-2011;2013-present)
Seattle Seahawks (2012)
Oakland Raiders (2013)
Buffalo Bills (2013)
- Devin Hester: NFL KR; #'s 23 & 17
Chicago Bears (2006-2013)
Atlanta Falcons (2014-present)
- Greg Jennings: NFL WR; #s 85 & 15
Green Bay Packers (2007-2012)
Minnesota Vikings (2013-present)
- Michael Jordan: NBA Shooting Guard; #s 23, 12, & 45
Chicago Bulls (1984-1993;1995-1998)
Washington Wizards (2001-2003)
- Vince Lombardi: NFL HC - (R.I.P)
Green Bay Packers (1959-1967)
- Peyton Manning: NFL QB; #18
Indianapolis Colts (1998-2011)
Denver Broncos (2012-present)
- Clay Matthews III: NFL LB; #52
Green Bay Packers (2009-present)
- Mike McCarthy: NFL HC
Green Bay Packers (2006-present)
- Aaron Rodgers: NFL QB; #12
Green Bay Packers (2005-present)
- Bart Starr: NFL; #15
Green Bay Packers; QB (1956-1971) | HC (1975-1983)
- Reggie White: NFL DE; "The Minister of Defense"; #92 - (R.I.P)
Philadelphia Eagles (1985-1992)
Green Bay Packers (1993-1998)
Carolina Panthers (2000)
- Charles Woodson: NFL CB/SS; #s 24 & 21
Oakland Raiders (1998-2005;2013-present)
Green Bay Packers (2006-2012)
- Family Guy - (primarily seasons 1-5; it's gone downhill from there)
- King of the Hill - (My Favorite Character: Dale Gribble. Bill Dauterive would be second.)
- The Simpsons - (My Favorite Character: Homer J. Simpson)
Western Animation Films
Things in the media and/or pop culture that I primarily like when I was age 1-19 (and will watch again from time to time on TV or the internet) include:
Live Action TV
Things in the media and/or pop culture that I will "NEVER" like (No R.I.P's in this section). They include:
Live Action TV
The cancellation or ending for any of these U.S.A. shows is a victory for me.
- (Anything and everything to do with the dumb-@$$ Kardashian family [except Robert G. who passed away] and stupid Bruce Jenner.)
- 30 Rock
- American Idol - (I like to think of it as "American Idiot", and no I'm not referring to the song by Green Day.)
- America's Got Talent (AGT)
- Arrested Development
- Betty White's Off Their Rockers
- Dancing with the Stars
- Family Feud - (Steve Harvey's version from 2010-present.)
- Fashion Star
- Go On
- Hot in Cleveland
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - (It shouldn't be on The Learning Channel because IT'S STUPID and there's nothing to learn by watching. It's an uninformative TV documentary about people who make NO significant contributions to society; yet they get paid MILLIONS of dollars to be their idiotic selves. It's insulting to the numerous good citizens who ACTUALLY work hard in the U.S.A.)
- Jersey Shore
- The Marriage Ref
- The Middle
- The Mindy Project
- Modern Family
- New Girl
- The New Normal
- The Office
- Parks and Recreation
- Perfect Couples
- Raising Hope
- Sit Down, Shut Up
- Snooki & JWoww - Just as stupid and pointless as its predecessor.
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Talk (Daytime TV show)
- The View
- The Voice
- The X-Factor
Once again, basically a LOT of so called "popular" which has been made since 09/11/2001 is just BAD. The content is NOT music Hall-of-Fame worthy.
- AC/DC - While I can mildly tolerate the group's music with Bon Scott (who's no longer around), their music with Brian Johnson is just flat-out annoyingly loud and obnoxious.note
- Adam Lambert - (I don't want ANYTHING from you.)
- Aerosmith - Especially their cover version of "Come Together" by The Beatles. IT STINKS!
- The Black Eyed Peas
- Black Sabbath
- Britney Spears
- Bruno Mars - His music is just like a vacuum. IT SUCKS! (rimshot)
- Carrie Underwood
- Carly Rae Jepsen - That one-hit wonder STUPID song of hers is COMPLETELY ANNOYING!
- Christina Aguilera
- Def Leppard
- Destiny's Child
- Eminem - I think everybody who has ever heard of you knows what your damn name is.
- Gnarls Barkley
- Cee Lo Green - Barry White sounds 1,000 times BETTER that this jerk.
- Guns N' Roses - Especially their cover version of "Live and Let Die" by Sir Paul McCartney and Wings. IT STINKS!
- Justin Bieber - Yet another douchebag who CLEARLY doesn't deserve any fame.
- Kanye West
- Katy Perry
- Kelly Clarkson
- Ke$ha - Seriously? A dollar ($) sign in your name? ALSO STUPID!
- Kid Rock
- Lady Gaga
- Mariah Carey
- Miley Cyrus - FOR THE DECENCY OF THE HUMAN RACE, GO AWAY!
- Nicki Minaj
- P!nk - Seriously? An exclamation (!) mark in your name? ALSO STUPID!
- PSY - Gangnam Style is JUST PLAIN ANNOYING AND STUPID! I'LL HATE IT FOREVER!
- Robin Thicke
- The Rolling Stones - How can these guys still be around? They're older than dirt.
- Van Halen
Famous people in the media and/or pop culture I do not like at all include:
- Aziz Ansari - Kunal Nayyar is better and funnier.
- Alec Baldwin - He retired from public life in 2014. Fine with me.
- Jesse Eisenberg
- Joey Fatonenote - He has had such a sucky voice-over recording for Family Feud since 2010. Burton Richardson was much better.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson
- Ken Jeong - This guy's trying to be a great actor because of his idiotic parts in all 3 stupid Hangover movies? PUL-LEAZE!! Last time I checked, John Oliver has his own comedy show and this guy doesn't. (Nelson Muntz laugh) HA-HA!
- Nick Offerman
- Rob Riggle - This guy tries TOO HARD at being funny, therefore making him the exact opposite to me. Not to mention he replaced Frank Caliendo on FOX NFL Sunday in 2012.
- Rico Rodriguez
- Tom "Darth" Brady - He is a Jerk@$$ for winning the Super Bowl 3 times in 4 years. Plus, he almost had a perfect season, but I'm glad that didn't happen. Also, my favorite season of his career will always be 2008.
- Bill "Emperor" Belichicknote - New England Patriots Head Coach (2000-present)
- Colin Kaepernicknote
- Alex Rodriguez - He's a Jerk@$$ because he plays for the stupid New York Yankees.
- Ben Roethlisbergernote - Nice to see him and the rest of the uncool Pittsburgh Steelers franchise lose to the "REAL" America's Team in Super Bowl XLV.
- Hines Ward - I'm glad he retired.
- Gregg Williams - New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator (2009-2011)
- Russell Wilson
We all have people we don't like, the ones listed here are just on my list because the things they have done during their lives have annoyed and repulsed me. You could go right ahead and label me a jerk for it but I'm NOT worse than Attila the Hun, Benedict Arnold, John Wilkes Booth, Fidel Castro, Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, and Kim Jong-Un.
Comments Can No Longer Be Posted By Others, But They Are Right Here In This Section:
- Hey, who doesn't like The Beatles, right? They're bigger than Jesus! Also nice to see someone appreciate some of Ringo's forever under-appreciated solo work. —Sean Murray I
- That is indeed me, though I'm dressed as a different Mad Scientist, Doctor Horrible... though I suppose the costume could work as Doc Brown with a wig or something. Anyway, thanks for visiting, and yes, the Beatles freakin' rock. -FringeBenefits
- Thanks for the recommendation, I'll Netflix Unstoppable when it comes out on DVD and tell you what I think. -FringeBenefits
- I'm the only one who thinks that Take Me Out and Back Off Boogaloo sound strangely similar? What do you think abouth that? -nohaynicklibre
- Nice to see someone else who doesn't totally discount the prequel trilogy. —A Random Serf
- Haven't played the Sonic Games, but I have to admit I like your choices... Star Wars series, Spaceballs, Doctor Who, all awesome! —TheInferno
- Just wanted to thank you for the comment on my Troper page; it made my day to scroll down and suddenly find more words there. Also, OMG LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE. Here I thought I was the only person who remembered that show! Wow. — MsieurLapin
- Well, to be completely honest, I recall watching the show when it was still being shown on Nickelodeon, but I can't remember what age I was. I do know that I enjoyed every aspect of the game show on each episode. Just to show you HOW much memory I can recollect from viewing it, I can still name the 6 teams that were a part of Legends of the Hidden Temple: The Red Jaguars, the Blue Barracudas, the Green Monkeys, the Orange Iguanas, the Purple Parrots, and the Silver Snakes (introduced on every episode in that order). I don't even have to look at a reference like Wikipedia. Thank you for a friendly comment; it helped me feel nostalgic about my early life years. —AlBundyFan365
- Good day. Just commenting on you because you commented on me. Thank you for that, by the way. You have a very nice page. Take care, friend! — BlakeDiamond
- Thanks for the comment on my page. It's nice that you commented. Returning the favour! — Pastylover2
- NekomataTheFailcat: Hello, I just noticed your vandalism on my page, so I'll reply here. About The Beatles, I wouldn't call myself as their "fan", as I haven't listened much of their music (I have lots of it on my laptop, I should just get around to listening it... >_>; ), but I like many of their songs. And for Loads and Loads of Characters, by them being my children I mean that I have created many, many characters and have taken a liking to them, to the point that I think of them as my kids. :'D Also, Pink Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2 flippin' rocks!
- Firstly, thank-you for the comment on my userpage.:) Hmm, the music in Sonic Adventure 2 is, as usual in a Sonic game, very good, though strangely it's not my favourite 3D Sonic game for music (that would actually be a tie between Secret Rings and Shadow, despite the other flaws that they may have). I think my favourite track in SA 2 would have to be the track for Cosmic Wall, with White Jungle in second. And, of course, for character themes, we can't forget E.G.G.M.A.N. -elemcee
- First of all, thanks for the comment on my page. =D I agree with out about the voice as James from Team Rocket— pure genius. - XSOULFIRE
- I feel so mean for not even seeing your comment for like a month. I spent last console generation with a PS2 and not a Gamecube so I never made it to Super Mario Sunshine, and now I just never get around to it. Or so many other things. Also, words cannot encompass my recently-developed vehement hatred for Alec Baldwin now that he did Wegmans commercials. I work at Wegmans and they played his commercials on a TV in front of my department for my ENTIRE 8 HOUR SHIFT. ~ Jesska
- Hey! I like that we like a lot of the same things (Anchorman, Malcolm in the Middle, & many many more), but I don't like that you don't like So You Think You Can Dance. :( But anyways, vandalism! :) ~Bella
- RESPONDIFICATION! ...Also hi. So yeah, thanks for the grand welcome. SwerveStar
- And a hello to you too :D Luce
- Thanks for the comment on the colors. Glad you could find use for them. Bonsai Forest
- The faeries find your page colourful. - Stolen By Faeries
- Yeah... I found it weird still. Oh well. X Soulfire
- Curious... I thought I'd find Ed O'Neil as one of your favorite actors. - Amused Troper Guy
- 'Fraid I can't return the lullaby gesture, since Sheldon has only one, so here's a beer! *pours flask* Cheers! - whataboutme
- GO PACK GO! Linhasxoc
Vandalism Is No Longer Allowed, But The Section Is Right Here:
This is not a link. This is.
*General Angriness*! Asdhsaahdahdsa. *More Angry*
Well, after opening all the folders and reading everything, you've managed to make it to the end of my Troper page. (8^)
(Upon my eventual death here on planet Earth, this page should be deleted. It's only logical.)