"Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together."
— Red Green
(My screenname is not supposed to be spelled with spaces. Use the NotAWikiWord method to keep it that way.)
EVEN THOUGH MY TROPER PAGE IS VERY LONG, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT IS AWFUL. THE PAGE IS JUST DETAILED WITH PRECISION & SHOULD BE WORTH READING AT LEAST ONE
I'm just a high school graduate at the age of 23 who decided not to go off to college because I think it's a waste of money. My Troper name comes from enjoying the funny antics of Al Bundy
from Married...With Children
I helped give The Simpsons Funny Page
a much needed MAJOR overhaul. All of the funny moments were unorganized, and I wanted them to be organized so other people can look and see which episode the funny moments were from. Of course, there are now subpages for this subject but I had nothing to do with that.
I'm also a fan of the Green Bay Packers
, winners of Super Bowl XLV
. They now have a league-leading 13 NFL
titles. Don't try to tell me the stupid Dallas Cowboys
are America's Team in the NFL. In my mind, the Packers deserve that nickname beause of their unique
ownership status of company stockholders living in ALL
50 States and Washington D.C. in the U.S.A. Also, it make no sense to me that the Dallas Cowboys
are in the NFC East
division when they clearly belong in the NFC South
. It's a terrible shame that every season the New York Giants
, Philadelphia Eagles
, and Washington Redskins
have to travel halfway across the U.S. to play a "divisional" matchup with the Dallas Cowboys
Here is what my ideal geographical realignment for the NFL would look like if I were to change it at my own will
, but sadly that's not the case. I'd easily force the Cowboys and Panthers to switch divisions in the NFC
, while in the AFC
I would move the Ravens and Steelers to the East (both being opposite from the Redskins and Eagles respectively), the Dolphins to the South, and both the Bills and Colts to the North. This would be the result:
- East: Eagles, Giants, Panthers, & Redskins
- North: Bears, Lions, Packers, & Vikings - BEST Division in the NFL hands-down
- South: Buccaneers, Cowboys, Falcons, & Saints
- West: 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, & Seahawks
- East: , Jets, Patriots, Ravens, & Steelers
- North: Bengals, Bills, Browns, & Colts
- South: Dolphins, Jaguars, Texans, & Titans
- West: Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, & Raiders
So what if the old rivalries would diminish? Dallas
might get to face 1 of the 3 other NFC East
franchises (not counting the Panthers, since they're not in the East right now) each season based on the previous year's standings, and a guaranteed match-up with all 4 of them every 3 years under the current scheduling formula. The divisons in all
sports organizations should
be based on geographical locations
. Why can't it be that way? To sum up this topic, I'll quote what the Headscratchers pages used to be called on this TV Tropes website: it "Just Bugs Me".
I need to work at a job for a living so I can't always be on this website everyday. Also, most of the edits I make are usually just on pages I've visited so there isn't consistancy between any of them.
I am also painfully aware that my screen-name should be changed, but I just haven't figured out what name could replace the one I have right now.
Tropes that describe me include:
- Apologises a Lot: Yes I do, especially to my parents.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Usually happens at least once a day.
- Berserk Button: Just the fact that the Dallas Cowboys can't "man-up" and wear the (non-throwback) navy blue jerseys at home all the time. The team finally did just that for 1 game on Thanksgiving of 2013 after a nearly 50-year drought and defeated the Oakland Raiders, 31-24. Those uniforms are jinxed, I say NOT!
- Fanboy: For the Green Bay Packers, the "REAL" America's Team.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: I love to do this a lot. It's addictive to me.
Things in the media and/or pop culture that I will "ALWAYS" like include: (Note: Absolute favorites of mine are in BOLD)
open/close all folders
Actors (Some are also Stand-Up Comedians)
Live Action TV
Music - Yes, I've listed specific songs for each musical artist.
- 10cc - "The Things We Do for Love"
- Adam Ant - "Goody Two-Shoes"
- The Alan Parsons Project (APP) - "Sirius/Eye in the Sky"
- America - "A Horse With No Name"; "Sister Golden Hair"; "Tin Man"; "Ventura Highway"; "You Can Do Magic"
- Andy Williams - (R.I.P) - "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
- The Association - "Cherish"
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - "Imaginary Lover"; "So Into You"
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - "Let It Ride"; "Roll on Down the Highway"; "Takin' Care of Business"
- The Beatles - John Lennon, Sir Paul McCartney , George Harrison, & Ringo Starr - ALL OF THEIR SONGS
- The Bee Gees - "Stayin' Alive"
- Bill Withers - "Ain't No Sunshine"; "Lean on Me"
- Billy Preston - (R.I.P) - "Nothing from Nothing"; "Will It Go Round in Circles"
- Blind Melon - "No Rain"
- The Blues Brothers Band - "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love"; "I Can't Turn You Loose"; "(I Got Everything I Need) Almost"; "Jailhouse Rock"; "Messin' with the Kid"; "Peter Gunn Theme"; "Rubber Biscuit"; "Soul Man"; "Sweet Home Chicago"; "Theme from Rawhide"
- Blue Íyster Cult (BÍC) - "(Don't Fear) the Reaper"
- Blue Swede - "Hooked On a Feeling"
- Bobby Helms - "Jingle Bell Rock"
- Booker T. & the M.G.'s - "Green Onions"
- Bowling for Soup - "1985"
- Boz Scaggs - "Lowdown"
- Brewer & Shipley - "One Toke Over the Line"
- Bruce Hornsby and the Range - "The Way It Is"
- Buffalo Springfield - "For What It's Worth"
- The Byrds - "Turn! Turn! Turn!"
- Cab Calloway - (R.I.P) - "Minnie the Moocher"
- Caesars - "Jerk It Out"
- The Capitols - "Cool Jerk"
- Cat Stevens - "Peace Train"; "Wild World"
- The Champs - "Tequila"
- Cheap Trick - "Surrender"
- Cherry Poppin' Daddies - "Zoot Suit Riot"
- Christopher Cross - "Ride Like the Wind"; "Sailing"
- Chuck Berry - "Johnny B. Goode"; "No Particular Place to Go"; "Run, Ruldolph, Run"; "School Days"
- Chumbawamba - "Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down)"
- The Clash - "Rock the Casbah"; "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
- The Coasters - "Yakety Yak"
- Collective Soul - "December"
- Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - "Bad Moon Rising"; "Down on the Corner"; "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"; "Lookin' Out My Back Door"; "Proud Mary"; "Up Around the Bend"
- "Dancing In the Moonlight" - King Harvest & Toploader (I enjoy each band's version; both of them are wonderful)
- Derek and the Dominoes - "Layla"
- Donald Fagen - "I.G.Y. (What a Beautiful World)"
- Don McLean - "Vincent"
- The Doobie Brothers
- Tom Johnston (lead vocals) - "Black Water"; "China Grove"; "Listen to the Music"; "Long Train Runnin'"; "Rockin' Down the Highway"
- Michael McDonald (lead vocals) - "It Keeps You Runnin'"; "Minute by Minute"; "Real Love"; "Takin' It to the Streets"; "What a Fool Believes"
- The Dream Academy - "Life in a Northern Town"
- Earth, Wind & Fire - "September"
- Edwin Starr - (R.I.P) - "War"
- Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - "Can't Get It Out of My Head"; "Don't Bring Me Down"; "Livin' Thing"; "Strange Magic"; "Turn to Stone"
- Sir Elton John - "Crocodile Rock"; "Daniel"; "Honky Cat"; "I'm Still Standing"; "Levon"; "Rocketman"; "Tiny Dancer"; "Your Song"
- Gary Wright - "Dream Weaver"
- George Harrison - (R.I.P) - "Got My Mind Set on You"; "My Sweet Lord"; "What Is Life"
- Genesis - "I Can't Dance"; "That's All"
- Gerry Rafferty - (R.I.P) - "Baker Street"
- Gordon Lightfoot - "Carefree Highway"; "Sundown"; "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
- The Guess Who - "No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature"
- Haddaway - "What Is Love"
- Harry Chapin - (R.I.P) - "Cat's in the Cradle"
- Herman's Hermits - "I'm Henery the VIII, I Am"
- The Highway Men - "Highwayman"
- The Human League - "(Keep Feeling) Fascination"
- James Brown - (R.I.P) - "I Got You (I Feel Good)"; "The Old Landmark"; "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"
- James Taylor - "Carolina in My Mind"; "Copperline"; "Country Road"; "Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight"; "Fire & Rain"; "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)";"Something in the Way She Moves"; "Shower the People"; "You've Got a Friend"
- The J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"; "Freeze Frame"
- Jim Croce - (R.I.P) - "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown"; "I Got a Name"; "I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song"; "Operator (That's Not the Way It Feels)"; "Time in a Bottle"; "You Don't Mess Around with Jim"
- John Fogerty - "Centerfield"
- John Lennon - (R.I.P) - "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)";"Imagine"; "Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)"; "Mind Games"; "Nobody Told Me"; "Watching the Wheels"; "Whatever Gets You thru the Night"
- John Williams - "Holiday Flight"; "NBC Sunday Night Football Theme Song" (INSTRUMENTAL); "Somewhere In My Memory"
- Lenny Kravitz - "Fly Away"; "Where Are We Runnin'?"
- Los Lonely Boys - "(How Far is) Heaven"
- Louis Prima - (R.I.P) - "Pennies From Heaven"
- The Lovin' Spoonful - "Do You Believe in Magic"
- The Mamas & the Papas - "California Dreamin'"; "Monday, Monday"
- Marc Anthony - "I Need to Know"
- Marvin Gaye - (R.I.P) - "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
- Marvin Hamlisch - (R.I.P) - "The Entertainer"
- Men at Work - "Down Under"; "Who Can It Be Now?"
- Michael Jackson - (R.I.P) - "Beat It"
- '''Michael McDonald (solo) - "Sweet Freedom"
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "The Impression That I Get"
- Naked Eyes - "Always Something There to Remind Me"
- Nat King Cole - (R.I.P) - "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)"
- Oingo Boingo - "Home Again"; "Who Do You Want to Be"
- The O'Jays - "Love Train"
- Otara Millionaires Club (OMC) - "How Bizarre"
- Sir Paul McCartney and Wings - "Band on the Run"; "Jet"; "Let 'Em In"; "Listen to What the Man Said"; "Live and Let Die"; "Maybe I'm Amazed"; "My Love"; "Silly Love Songs"
- Paul Simon (solo) - "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"; "Kodachrome"; "Loves Me Like a Rock"; "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard"; "Mother and Child Reunion"; "Slip Slidin' Away"; "You Can Call Me Al"
- Peter Frampton - "Baby, I Love Your Way"; "Show Me the Way"
- Phil Collins - "Another Day in Paradise"; "I Don't Care Anymore"; "In the Air Tonight"; "True Colors"; "You Can't Hurry Love"; "You'll Be in My Heart"
- Pink Floyd - "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2"
- The Police - "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"; "Message in a Bottle"; "Spirits in the Material World"
- The Presidents of the United States of America - "Cleveland Rocks"
- The Proclaimers - "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"
- Question Mark (?) & the Mysterians - "96 Tears"
- Ray Charles - (R.I.P) - "That Spirit of Christmas"
- Rednex - "Cotton-Eyed Joe"
- Rick Astley - "Never Gonna Give You Up"
- Ricky Nelson - (R.I.P) - "Garden Party"
- Ringo Starr - "Back Off Boogaloo"; "It Don't Come Easy"; "The No-No Song"
- Rockwell - "Somebody's Watching Me"
- Sam and Dave - "Hold On, I'm Comin'"
- Sam Spence - "Round Up"
- Scott Schreer - "NFL on FOX Theme Song"
- The Searchers - "Sugar and Spice"
- Seals and Crofts - "Diamond Girl"; "Summer Breeze"
- Simon & Garfunkel - "Bridge over Troubled Water"; "Homeward Bound"; "I Am a Rock"; "Mrs. Robinson"; "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)"; "The Boxer"; "The Sounds of Silence"
- Sister Hazel - "All for You"
- Smash Mouth - "All Star"; "I'm a Believer"; "Then the Morning Comes"; "Walkin' on the Sun"
- The Spinners - "They Just Can't Stop It the (Games People Play)"
- Stealers Wheel - "Stuck in the Middle (With You)"
- Steely Dan - "Deacon Blues"; "Dirty Work"; "Do It Again"; "Josie"; "Peg"; "Rikki Don't Lose That Number"
- Steve Miller Band - "Space Intro/Fly Like an Eagle"
- Sting - "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free"
- Stories - "Brother Louie"
- Supertramp - "Give A Little Bit"; "Goodbye Stranger"; "Take the Long Way Home"; "The Logical Song"
- Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
- Sweet - "Fox on the Run"; "Little Willy"; "The Ballroom Blitz"
- The Tokens - "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
- They Might Be Giants - "Boss of Me"
- Three Dog Night - "An Old Fashioned Love Song"; "Black & White"; "Joy to the World"; "Mama Told Me (Not to Come)"; "Shambala"
- Tom Cochrane - "Life Is a Highway"
- Tom Petty - "Christmas All Over Again"
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) - "Wizards in Winter"
- Uncanny Alliance - "Happy Day"
- Van Morrison - "Domino"; "Moondance"
- The Vogues - "Five O'Clock World"
- "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Eat It"; "Grapefruit Diet"; "White & Nerdy"
- The Who - "Magic Bus"
- Yes - "Owner of a Lonely Heart"
- Donald Driver: NFL WR; #80
Green Bay Packers (1999-2012)
- Brett Favre: NFL QB; "The Gunslinger/IronMan"; #4
Atlanta Falcons (1991)
Green Bay Packers (1992-2007)
New York Jets (2008)
Minnesota Vikings (2009-2010)
- Matt Flynn: NFL QB; #'s 10 & 15
Green Bay Packers (2008-2011;2013-present)
Seattle Seahawks (2012)
Oakland Raiders (2013)
''Buffalo Bills (2013)
- Devin Hester: NFL KR; #23
Chicago Bears (2006-present)
- Greg Jennings: NFL WR; #s 85 & 15
Green Bay Packers (2007-2012)
Minnesota Vikings (2013-present)
- Michael Jordan: NBA Shooting Guard; #s 23, 12, & 45
Chicago Bulls (1984-1993;1995-1998)
Washington Wizards (2001-2003)
- Vince Lombardi: NFL HC - (R.I.P)
Green Bay Packers (1959-1967)
- Peyton Manning: NFL QB; #18
Indianapolis Colts (1998-2011)
Denver Broncos (2012-present)
- Clay Matthews III: NFL LB; #52
Green Bay Packers (2009-present)
- Mike McCarthy: NFL HC
Green Bay Packers (2006-present)
- Aaron Rodgers: NFL QB; #12
Green Bay Packers (2005-present)
- Bart Starr: NFL; #15
Green Bay Packers; QB (1956-1971) | HC (1975-1983)
- Reggie White: NFL DE; "The Minister of Defense"; #92 - (R.I.P)
Philadelphia Eagles (1985-1992)
Green Bay Packers (1993-1998)
Carolina Panthers (2000)
- Charles Woodson: NFL CB/SS; #s 24 & 21
Oakland Raiders (1998-2005;2013-present)
Green Bay Packers (2006-2012)
- Family Guy - (primarily seasons 1-5; it's gone downhill from there)
- King of the Hill - (My Favorite Character: Dale Gribble. Bill Dauterive would be second.)
- The Simpsons - (My Favorite Character: Homer J. Simpson)
Western Animation Films
Things in the media and/or pop culture that I used to like when I was age 1-19, but have gracefully put aside as memories in my brain include:
Live Action TV
Things in the media and/or pop culture that I will "NEVER" like include:
Live Action TV
- 30 Rock - (Hooray! It's over. About damn time.)
- American Idol - (I like to think of it as "American Idiot", and no I'm not referring to the song by Green Day.)
- America's Got Talent (AGT)
- Arrested Development
- Betty White's Off Their Rockers - (Hooray! It was cancelled.)
- Dancing with the Stars
- Fashion Star
- Glee - (BOR-ING!)
- Go On
- Hot in Cleveland
- Jersey Shore - (Uninformative TV documentaries about people who make NO significant contributions to society; yet they get paid MILLIONS of dollars to be their idiotic selves. It's insulting to the numerous good citizens who ACTUALLY work hard in the U.S.A. Hooray! It's been cancelled.)
- The Marriage Ref - (Hooray! It was cancelled.)
- The Middle
- The Mindy Project
- Modern Family
- New Girl
- The New Normal - (Hooray! It was cancelled.)
- The Office - (Hooray! It's over. About damn time!)
- Outsourced - (Hooray! It was cancelled.)
- Parks and Recreation
- Perfect Couples - (Hooray! It was cancelled.)
- Raising Hope
- Sit Down, Shut Up - (It was just plain stupid.)
- Snooki & JWoww - Just as stupid and pointless as its predecessor.
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Talk (Daytime TV show)
- The View
- Unsupervised - (Hooray! It was cancelled.)
- The X-Factor
- Adam Lambert - (I don't want ANYTHING from you.)
- Aerosmith - Especially their cover version of "Come Together" by The Beatles. IT STINKS!
- The Black Eyed Peas
- Black Sabbath
- Carly Rae Jepsen - That STUPID song of hers is COMPLETELY ANNOYING!
- Cee Lo Green - Barry White sounds 1,000 times BETTER that this jerk.
- Def Leppard
- Guns N' Roses - Especially their cover version of "Live and Let Die" by Sir Paul McCartney and Wings. IT STINKS!
- Justin Bieber - I don't know what all the hype is about. His hair isn't that great.
- Katy Perry
- Ke$ha - Seriously? A dollar ($) sign in your name? ALSO STUPID!
- Kid Rock
- Lady Gaga
- Miley Cyrus
- Nicki Minaj
- PSY - Gangnam Style is JUST PLAIN ANNOYING AND STUPID! I'LL HATE IT FOREVER!
- The Rolling Stones - How can these guys still be around? They're older than dirt.
- Van Halen
Famous people in the media and/or pop culture I do not like at all include:
- Alec Baldwin
- Ken Jeong: This guy's trying to be a great actor because of his idiotic parts in both stupid Hangover movies? PUL-LEAZE!! On NBC's Community, John Oliver's character "Dr./Professor Ian Duncan" is a lot funnier than this guy's Jerk@$$ role as "Se˝or Ben Chang".
- Tom "Darth" Brady - He is a Jerk@$$ for winning the Super Bowl 3 times in 4 years. Plus, he almost had a perfect season, but I'm glad that didn't happen. Also, my favorite season of his career will always be 2008.
- Bill "Emperor" Belichicknote - New England Patriots Head Coach (2000-present)
- Alex Rodriguez - He's a Jerk@$$ because he plays for the stupid New York Yankees.
- Ben Roethlisberger - Nice to see him and the rest of the uncool Pittsburgh Steelers franchise lose to the "REAL" America's Team in Super Bowl XLV.
- Hines Ward - I'm glad he retired.
- Gregg Williams - New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator (2009-2011)
Any Nice Questions/Comments For Me Can Go Right Here In This Section:
- Hey, who doesn't like The Beatles, right? They're bigger than Jesus! Also nice to see someone appreciate some of Ringo's forever under-appreciated solo work. —Sean Murray I
- That is indeed me, though I'm dressed as a different Mad Scientist, Doctor Horrible... though I suppose the costume could work as Doc Brown with a wig or something. Anyway, thanks for visiting, and yes, the Beatles freakin' rock. -FringeBenefits
- Thanks for the recommendation, I'll Netflix Unstoppable when it comes out on DVD and tell you what I think. -FringeBenefits
- I'm the only one who thinks that Take Me Out and Back Off Boogaloo sound strangely similar? What do you think abouth that? -nohaynicklibre
- Nice to see someone else who doesn't totally discount the prequel trilogy. —A Random Serf
- Haven't played the Sonic Games, but I have to admit I like your choices... Star Wars series, Spaceballs, Doctor Who, all awesome! —TheInferno
- Just wanted to thank you for the comment on my Troper page; it made my day to scroll down and suddenly find more words there. Also, OMG LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE. Here I thought I was the only person who remembered that show! Wow. — MsieurLapin
- Well, to be completely honest, I recall watching the show when it was still being shown on Nickelodeon, but I can't remember what age I was. I do know that I enjoyed every aspect of the game show on each episode. Just to show you HOW much memory I can recollect from viewing it, I can still name the 6 teams that were a part of Legends of the Hidden Temple: The Red Jaguars, the Blue Barracudas, the Green Monkeys, the Orange Iguanas, the Purple Parrots, and the Silver Snakes (introduced on every episode in that order). I don't even have to look at a reference like Wikipedia. Thank you for a friendly comment; it helped me feel nostalgic about my early life years. —AlBundyFan365
- Good day. Just commenting on you because you commented on me. Thank you for that, by the way. You have a very nice page. Take care, friend! — BlakeDiamond
- Thanks for the comment on my page. It's nice that you commented. Returning the favour! — Pastylover2
- NekomataTheFailcat: Hello, I just noticed your vandalism on my page, so I'll reply here. About The Beatles, I wouldn't call myself as their "fan", as I haven't listened much of their music (I have lots of it on my laptop, I should just get around to listening it... >_>; ), but I like many of their songs. And for Loads and Loads of Characters, by them being my children I mean that I have created many, many characters and have taken a liking to them, to the point that I think of them as my kids. :'D Also, Pink Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2 flippin' rocks!
- Firstly, thank-you for the comment on my userpage.:) Hmm, the music in Sonic Adventure 2 is, as usual in a Sonic game, very good, though strangely it's not my favourite 3D Sonic game for music (that would actually be a tie between Secret Rings and Shadow, despite the other flaws that they may have). I think my favourite track in SA 2 would have to be the track for Cosmic Wall, with White Jungle in second. And, of course, for character themes, we can't forget E.G.G.M.A.N. -elemcee
- First of all, thanks for the comment on my page. =D I agree with out about the voice as James from Team Rocket— pure genius. - XSOULFIRE
- I feel so mean for not even seeing your comment for like a month. I spent last console generation with a PS2 and not a Gamecube so I never made it to Super Mario Sunshine, and now I just never get around to it. Or so many other things. Also, words cannot encompass my recently-developed vehement hatred for Alec Baldwin now that he did Wegmans commercials. I work at Wegmans and they played his commercials on a TV in front of my department for my ENTIRE 8 HOUR SHIFT. ~ Jesska
- Hey! I like that we like a lot of the same things (Anchorman, Malcolm in the Middle, & many many more), but I don't like that you don't like So You Think You Can Dance. :( But anyways, vandalism! :) ~Bella
- RESPONDIFICATION! ...Also hi. So yeah, thanks for the grand welcome. SwerveStar
- And a hello to you too :D Luce
- Thanks for the comment on the colors. Glad you could find use for them. Bonsai Forest
- The faeries find your page colourful. - Stolen By Faeries
- Yeah... I found it weird still. Oh well. X Soulfire
- Curious... I thought I'd find Ed O'Neil as one of your favorite actors. - Amused Troper Guy
- 'Fraid I can't return the lullaby gesture, since Sheldon has only one, so here's a beer! *pours flask* Cheers! - whataboutme
- GO PACK GO! Linhasxoc
Anybody Wanting To Vandalize In A Rude Manner Can Do So In This Section:
This is not a link. This is.
*General Angriness*! Asdhsaahdahdsa. *More Angry*
Well, after opening all the folders and reading everything, you've managed to make it to the end of my Troper page. (8^)