A unique looking black-haired mongrel from the Ceres slums widely known as "Riki The Dark" for his proud and defiant nature. He is also the leader of the Bison gang. Eventually, he very reluctantly becomes the Blondy Iason Mink's Pet. He struggles with accepting his life as a Pet having been such a headstrong and independent gangster.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: His eyes are made brown in both OVAs rather than the black they are described to be in the novel.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: He was stubbornly too proud at first to ever beg for anything but then after instrumental conditioning with the Pet Ring, he became this trope. Not that he would ever admit it.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Treated poorly by the other Pets of Eos save for Mimea.
- Angst: So much and completely justified!
- Badass Biker: Used to be but experienced...
- Bare Your Midriff
- Became Their Own Antithesis: Compare and contrast slum mongrel Riki in his youth with Guy to submissive pet Riki at the end not wanting to leave Iason's side. Complete acceptance as a pet which he once saw as the worst possible thing ever.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Riki wanted to leave the slums at all cost thinking it would lead to a better life. He ended up living in Eos Tower of Tanagura. The extravagently luxurious home of the Elites and it turned out to be worse to him than the slums ever were.
- Be Yourself: This was very important to Riki and he struggled with it to hang onto his crumbling Pride.
- Big Damn Hero: In the 1st OVA series for all of Bison and for Kirie in the 2nd OVA series.
- Bishōnen: Extremely good looking with fine features.
- Bi the Way/But Not Too Bi: It's a yaoi novel but he also had interest in women.
- Born Unlucky: You could say all mongrels are born unlucky but Riki's life takes the cake.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: Attempted this and failed horribly.
- Break the Cutie/Break the Haughty: Iason broke him for 3 years.
- Broken Bird: A rare male version of this.
- Byronic Hero: Even after he had become a Broken Bird.
- Can't Get In Trouble For Nuthin': As a Pet, Riki often caused trouble in hopes he'd be discarded by Iason. Rarely worked as his behavior only excited Iason.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Riki is usually tight lipped rather than speak the truth of matters.
- Combat Pragmatist: He's a gangster so fighting dirty is not beneath him.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: During his attempt to Break Guy's Heart To Save Him
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority: Well known through out Ceres for this and he is proud of it.
- Curtains Match the Window: It's a plot point because his pure dark hair an eyes are a trait only Onyx Elites would have.
- Dark Secret: That he's a Pet and in love with his Blondy master.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has his moments. Especially with Iason.
- Death Glare: Kirie, Luke, various Pets, Iason and other Blondies have all been targets of Riki's burning, angry stare.
- Defiled Forever/Nothing Is the Same Anymore: Tells Guy this. He never got back together with Guy not wanting Guy to see what kind of a lewd and lascivious person he had become via Iason's Pet training.
- Determinator: Zigzagged with Riki. He's very determined, then momentarily gives up, is determined again, nearly gives up again and finally is determined again for good.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Prone to doing this.
- Dude Magnet/Clueless Dude Magnet: Riki really isn't aware how attractive he really is.
- Dying Demonstration Of Love/Dying Moment of Awesome: Riki never tells Iason "I love you" but instead shows him that he does at the end in a selfless act that is as awesome as it is heartwarming.
- Earn Your Title: Riki The Dark. Very well earned.
- Fatal Attractor: To some extent. Most of the people that want him have very serious issues to work out and he always ends up paying for it.
- First Love: First and only love for both Guy and Iason.
- Go-Go Enslavement: As a pet.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Gets into a lot of fist fights.
- A Good Way to Die: Died on his own terms.
- Groin Attack: Suffers one. Frequently if you count the effects of the Pet Ring
- He Knows Too Much: In the novel concerning Tanagura's darkest secret.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: He is a biker. So much so that Iason decides Riki's Pet outfit should also be made of leather.
- Heroic BSOD: Upon seeing Iason again at Mistral Park after he had been free.
- Hot-Blooded: Used to be but it's not completely gone.
- Humble Hero: Of the slums. Riki made Bison renown in Ceres and was treated as a hero for it but he didn't care about any of that.
- I Choose to Stay: At the end with Iason.
- In-Series Nickname: The "Charisma" of the Slums.
- It's All My Fault: Believes the outcome of everything was entirely his doing.
- It's Not You, It's That I'm Iason's Pet: Basically tells this to Guy in the first original OVA.
- Jerkass Realization: Riki was a Jerkass to Guy in his younger days being totally prepared to leave Guy behind if the opportunity presented to leave the slums when Guy had always had his back. Then life as Iason's Pet and missing Guy by his side made him realize how much of a Jerkass he had been to Guy after the fact.
- Keeping Secrets Sucks: He found out the hard way.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Riki sees one particular unfortunate event as this for having been a Jerkass.
- The Leader: Of Bison.
- Love Hurts: Especially when caught in the middle of a Psychotic Love Triangle
- Love Martyr: Willingly died for his love.
- Lust Object: Was this at first for Iason.
- Magnetic Anti-Hero: How Bison was formed since people gravitated to him.
- Misery Builds Character: Matured quite a bit as a result of being a Pet.
- Mr. Fanservice: Often scantily clad or naked. Nuff said.
- Operation Jealousy: Executed a little too well and didn't get away with it.
- Police Brutality: Suffered this while being interrogated.
- Pragmatic Hero: Riki's morals can be shady, has a penchant to do whatever it takes to move up in the world but he's generally an all-around good guy.
- Precision F-Strike: To Iason, in front of all the Blondies at a party and punished for it with the Pet Ring.
- Pride: His Fatal Flaw.
- The Protagonist: The story revolves around him even if he is an Anti-Hero.
- Raging Stiffie: Often subjected to this by Iason.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: In the 2012 OVA.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red at first to Guy's and Iason's Blue. Then later blue to both of the others' red.
- Released to Elsewhere: Played with. After the "Daryl incident", the other Elites were lead to believe that Riki had been executed when he vanished from Eos along with Daryl by Iason. Riki had in fact been released back to Ceres. Raoul isn't happy when he learns Riki is alive a year later after Iason had simply explained that Riki was "gone". Riki was in fact told by Iason that Daryl was sent elsewhere when he, in fact, had been killed.
- Restraining Bolt/Shock Collar: What Iason uses his Pet ring as to keep him under control.
- Robosexual: To a degree before learning what exactly Elites are. Riki's initial thought process upon meeting Iason; Is this guy really a robot? Can I have sex with him? If so, would it be satisfactory and would he feel like a person?
- Roundhouse Kick: Good at these. Fought off a whole gang of kids by himself with well placed punches and kicks.
- Satisfied Street Rat: Riki is a subversion. He maybe proud on the outside but was anything but satisfied from being raised in Ceres.
- Secret Relationship: In the novel with Iason until Iason let's the cat out of the bag. Had one with Mimea as well for a brief time.
- Sex for Services: How he wanted to pay his debt to Iason having no other means.
- Sex for Solace: Once to Iason after believing to be stood up by Guy.
- Sex Slave: Which he's ashamed of being.
- Shameful Strip: At the hands of Iason.
- Shower of Angst: Has one.
- Slave Collar: Also has one and is often put on a leash in Eos.
- Smoking Is Cool: Riki is quite the smoker who never seems to actually finish a cigarette.
- Stranger in a Familiar Land: After he got back to Ceres.
- Street Urchin: Was this when he was younger like all mongrels that leave Guardian.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Develops one after learning how much of a risk he is to Iason.
- The Stoic: When he returned from Eos and was no longer Hot-Blooded.
- Tears of Fear/Tears of Remorse/Tender Tears: Because of and for Iason.
- They're Called Personal Issues For A Reason: Didn't want Guy and Bison in on his personal problems but they found out anyways.
- Think Nothing of It: Riki reluctantly formed Bison as a force to protect and stand up for those too weak to fight for themselves in the slums. This made him a hero in Ceres but it was nothing special to Riki.
- This Loser Is You: After he got back to Ceres and he didn't let it affect his pride one bit.
- Tragic Anti-Hero
- Training from Hell: Iason put him through this to make him a suitable Pet.
- Troubled, but Cute: This trope sums up his life story. Half of Riki's troubles come from the fact he's cute.
- Tsundere: Far more tsun tsun to Iason than he is dere dere to Guy.
- Uke: Riki is an interesting case in that he used to be a Seme or more accurately a Seke/Riba in a reversible relationship but is made into an uke by Iason.
- Unwanted Harem: Throughout the story, Riki has no less than 2 different people chasing after him at one time. The obvious cases are Iason, Guy, Luke, Kirie, 2 different Pets and the remaining members of his gang that still respect his past relationship with Guy.
- Unwanted Rescue: He didn't want Guy to save him since by then he wanted to be with Iason.
- Work Off the Debt: His pride wouldn't have it any other way.
- Wrong Side of the Tracks: Riki isn't just any Pet. He's a mongrel from the Ceres slums.
- Younger Than They Look / Vague Age: The OVAs can cause confusion about Riki's age, in the 2012 remake, Riki is 15 when he meets Iason, and then after the three years, he'd be 18; though Riki's body is extremely well-built, even at the age of 15, making him look 19 at 15. In the 1990's OVAs, Riki states he's over 20 after being sent back to Ceres, so how old Riki is exactly is unknown; at least in the anime that is.
The top ruling Blondy of Tanagura's Elite who is also the head of The Syndicate
and in charge of the Black Market
. After he runs into Riki, he makes the unusual decision to make the mongrel Riki his pet. He later falls in love with Riki and refuses to let go of him despite the dangers he faces as a consequence.
- Affably Evil: Though his evilness is questionable, he's one of the most scarily polite characters even by Blondie standards and also one of the most ruthless.
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses both legs.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse/Blackmail: See Sexual Extortion below.
- Anti-Villain: Type I to Type II. Iason's actions are not good and has a cruel streak. However, he certainly isn't evil and has positive personality traits as well.
- Artificial Human/Bio-Augmentation: Elites are bio-augmented human brains housed in top of the line synthetic bodies.
- Batman Gambit/Flaw Exploitation: Executed flawlessly.
- Bastard Boyfriend: All of his Romanticized Abuse of Riki.
- Beneath the Mask: Has quite the poker face with other Elites concerning just how deep and sexual his relationship with Riki is. Only his furnitures and Riki know how far his obsession has gone.
- The Beautiful Elite: An excellent example.
- Berserk Button: Riki being interested in someone else and harming Riki provoke violent reactions from Iason.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: To a terrifying degree for Riki.
- Bishōnen/Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Brains and Bondage: Super genius level IQ and loves being in control and dominating in everything. Including in the bedroom.
- Casual Kink: How he feels he uses Riki's Pet ring.
- The Chessmaster: He's the top ruling Blondy for a reason and out schemes other Blondies like a champ.
- Cool Flying Car: Owns one.
- Cool Shades: His iconic pair.
- Crazy Awesome: Invoked by the other Blondy Elites when Iason demonstrates the abilities of the D-Type Ring at Riki's second debut party at their requests. They think he is perverse, mad, yet a Demi-God among them for his uniquely ingenious method to house break a wild slum mongrel like Riki. Raoul is especially reluctantly impressed with the results.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Can't stand for Riki to even look at someone else.
- Cultural Rebel: Becomes a Blondy version of this when he gets a mongrel for a Pet, starts engaging in sex and stops caring about the consequences of these actions.
- Deadpan Snarker/Gentleman Snarker: Very, very snarky.
- Death by Sex: It was foreshadowed early on when he slept with Riki that his reckoning would be severe.
- Defrosting Ice King: His entire character development could be summed up as this.
- Determinator: He wants Riki and won't stop at anything until he has him.
- Eating the Eye Candy: One can't blame Iason for staring and lusting at Riki's well-built and muscular body.
- Entitled To Have Riki
- Forceful Kiss/"Shut Up" Kiss: Often to Riki as a means to calm him or just shut him up.
- Guile Hero: For Riki. Masterfully handles other Elites concerning Eos politics to protect Riki.
- Go Out with a Smile: Died smiling when Riki reciprocated his love.
- Hidden Depths: So hidden that his actions concerning Riki befuddle the other Elites and even Riki.
- Hot Guys Are Bastards: He's the epitome of beauty yet cold and sadistic. Riki keeps coming back for more because Iason is just that hot and incredible in bed.
- Hypocrite/Hypocrisy Nod: Raoul calls Iason out on his hypocrisy of enforcing law and order yet also breaking laws for Riki. Iason doesn't deny this and just shrugs off the topic.
- Icy Blue Eyes and Creepy Blue Eyes: Iason has a piercing cold gaze which reflects his nature as the "Ice Noble" but it has struck Riki as being ominous and creepy at times.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: Part of Riki's appeal to him.
- I Will Wait for You: Waited for when Riki would truly become his.
- Kneel Before Zod: Wants Riki to be absolutely submissive to him and commands Riki to do this.
- Large and In Charge: The novel describes Iason as the tallest of the Blondies at 198 cm and the highest ranking one.
- Light Is Not Good: The highest of the Blondies and often wears white. However, Iason isn't exactly a benevolent character seeing how he runs the Black Market and particularly Guardian for the sole purpose to find potential Furniture.
- Lima Syndrome: Develops one for Riki.
- Love Epiphany/Green-Eyed Epiphany: Iason is at first confused about his feelings for Riki and wonders if it's really love. Then he is forced to realize and stop denying his feelings of love for Riki when he becomes very jealous and hateful of Mimea after she slept with Riki.
- Love Hurts: Unimaginably so for an artificial being that wasn't supposed to have any human feelings.
- Love Makes You Crazy: And abusive to the one he loves.
- Loophole Abuse: Claims he doesn't have to follow Pet protocols (such as discarding a pet of a certain age) with Riki because he's a mongrel, has no official identity and thus the rules don't apply to him.
- Love Redeems: Riki believed this enough to join him in death.
- Lured Into a Trap: By Guy.
- Lust: Quite distinctive as the only Elite to ever desire someone. He abandoned reason and eventually his pride as this turned into love.
- Man in White/Sharp-Dressed Man: Particularly in the 2012 OVA and some novel artwork.
- Manipulative Bastard: To Magnificent Bastard levels.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Not actually evil but the Moral Myopia of Tanagura's Elite certainly makes him and the rest of them count.
- More Than Mind Control: How he managed to finally get Riki to love him.
- Mr. Fanservice: Beautiful Elite is an understatement.
- No Badass to His Valet: As the highest Blondy, nobody openly messes with him or threatens him to his face except for his Sex Slave Riki.
- Not Good with Rejection: He really didn't care that Riki didn't want to be his Pet.
- No Sense Of Riki's Personal Space
- Paper-Thin Disguise: In the novel, when luring Riki into a trap. He wore a short brown hairdo in Mistral Park to remain incognito. Nobody recognized the Blondy except for Riki who followed him.
- Pet the Mongrel: After reclaiming Riki, he eventually became gentle and kind to the mongrel the second time around. Some moments were downright sweet, awe inspiring yet disgraceful and disgusting to all of the other Elites.
- Pride: Iason's high and mighty Blondy pride is severely affected by his love for Riki and is a contentious issue with the other Elites. It is slowly chipped away the deeper he falls in love.
- Proud Beauty: He's well aware of his uncanny beauty.
- The Proud Elite: Very proud of his status until he stops caring about it.
- Rapunzel Hair: A Rare Male Example.
- Redemption Equals Death: When Riki felt Iason's love and actions had redeemed him, he died.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue at first to Riki's red. Then becomes Red to Riki's blue.
- Refuge in Audacity: Brazenly giving Riki of drink of water via mouth to mouth in front of all of the other Elites.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Subverted. All Elites have a Bio Augmented human brain to go with a cybernetic body.
- Right Through His Pants: Is fond of doing this while Riki is usually nude.
- Second Love: For Riki.
- Seme: Iason is a dominating and controlling Blondy.
- Sexbot: Mentioned by Iason himself (and then again by Katze) when he says he won't let Riki go even if he's reduced to this as an artificial human that has become addicted to sex with his human Pet.
- Sex God: This is In-Universe and Riki even reflects on Iason's abilities and techniques with his perfect Artificial Human Elite body surpassing a Sex Bot's (and so too would the other Elites). Since Iason is the only Elite engaging in sex, he is this. Being able to grow even bigger at will when he has already proven Bigger Is Better in Bed goes hand-in-hand.
- Sexual Extortion: Does this to Riki when he has Guy (bought from Kirie in the novel) and threatens to make a Pet out of him unless Riki agrees to return to Eos and willingly be his Pet.
- Sex Is Debase and Revolting, Yet I Am Horny: Early on before accepting and enjoying his sexuality.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Iason is the only Elite ever to exhibit sexuality of any nature and he has eyes only for Riki.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: So much so that Riki finds himself unable to resist even though Iason can be very sadistic.
- The Stoic/Not So Stoic: Used to exhibit little emotion like all Elites. Then he became involved with Riki and slowly became more emotive.
- Stalker with a Crush: For Riki.
- Straw Vulcan: Played with. Iason actually favors his newfound humanity. His unusual actions regarding Riki force the other Elites to find fallacies in what they considered common sense and re-evaluate their view of Pets as objects and not people.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Iason is seemingly cold and distant like all Elites but harbors a passionate love for Riki and would do anything for him.
- The Syndicate: Iason is the head of it so even crime in Amoi is manipulated as a means to keep it under control. The Black Market is an extention of this.
- Tall, Light And Snarky
- Throw the Mongrel a Bone: When he temporarily released Riki back to Ceres to give him a breather from Eos.
- Tragic Villain: Iason wants Riki to love him but Riki hates him for having been kidnapped and made a Pet. Iason is aware of this fact but refusing to let Riki go, continues to push for Riki to accept being a Pet because it is the only way they could be together in their Fantastic Caste System.
- Villain Protagonist: For the majority of the story, he's actually the bad guy as well as the Deuteragonist!
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: His initial concerns and thoughts when he realized how important Riki was to him.
- White Hair, Black Heart: How the Bisons first saw him as Riki's mysterious patron when they met Iason in his favorite disguise via his built-in nanotechnology to change his hair color.
- Wine Is Classy: Old OVA often shows Iason holding a wine glass.
- Xanatos Gambit: Letting Riki return to Ceres for several reasons which would all benefit him no matter the outcome. Also produced an..
- Unintentional Backup Plan: Riki abstained from sex for over a year when he was back in the slums. Iason takes great advantage of that by exploiting it.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: No matter how hard other Blondies like Aisha Rosen and Orphe Zavi tried with plots to be rid of Riki, Iason smoothly handled any situation to keep Riki as his Pet.
- Yandere: For Riki. For some perspective, a quote of Iason's to his beloved Pet:
"I so cherish these enlivening moments when you defy me even as a Blondy. When you react to me so humanly, I feel myself tingling right down to the center of my brain. I love how you look at me with such undisguised disdain. It's so endearing, I want to rip out your beating heart and press it against my cheek."
- Yank the Mongrel's Chain: Coming back to tell Riki that he had never been freed since his Pet registration wasn't cancelled and that going back to Ceres was only temporary.
Riki's former pairing partner and acting leader of the Bison gang during Riki's absence. He is fiercely devoted to Riki and still in love with him. He resolves to retrieve Riki at any costs when he finds out Iason has been keeping him as his pet.
A prominent figure in the Black Market that was once Iason's Furniture. He now serves as Iason's liaison for dealings in the Black Market and Ceres.
The second Blondy in command of Tanagura and Iason's close friend. He is a Bio-Chemist specializing in breeding top class Pets. He vehemently disapproves of Iason choosing Riki as a Pet and giving him special treatment.
A female Pet belonging to Raoul who develops feelings for Riki during his first 3 years in Eos.
Voiced by Ryōtarō Okiayu
(1st Drama CD). Eiji Hanawa (2nd OVA and Drama CD).
Iason's Furniture that looked after Riki in Eos. Daryl is also a mongrel that knew of Riki and admired him before he met Riki in Iason's home.
The youngest member of Bison that joined after Riki left. He does not seem to like Riki at all but reminds Riki of his younger days. He is very ambitious and determined to move up from the slums.
JUPITER AKA Lambda 3000
The ruling computer of Tanagura that created the Elites and all the laws they must obey.