Skysurfer Strike Force is a syndicated cartoon show that aired on the Amazin' Adventures cartoon block (later renamed BKN)note . Created by Ruby-Spears Productions, this series ran for two seasons from 1995 to 1997. It was Ruby-Spears' final production before closing down.
As the Opening Narration above explains, the show featured five heroes, named the Skysurfers. Led by Jack Hollister aka Skysurfer One, the Skysurfers fight show Big Bad, Cybron and his Bioborgs to stop his attempts at world domination and clear the late Adam Hollister's name. The Skysurfers used technologically advanced watches called Digitrans that transformed them from their casual clothing to battle gear and weapons. During the transformations, their cars transform into rocket-powered surfboards that they can ride in the air.
Skysurfer Strike Force provides examples of:
- Action Bomb: One of Cybron's mooks was a living bomb who could blow himself up, then reform unharmed. It was rarely effective.
- Animesque: As with Ruby-Spears' Mega Man series, the animation was by Ashi Productions (now known as Production Reed).
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Sliced Ice after she was enlarged and brainwashed by Cybron in "Titan of Terror".
- Also the Slitha Monsters, giant Bioborg worms in "Attack of the Slitha Monsters".
- Clothes Make the Superman: All of the Skysurfers' powers came from their armored suits and equipment.
- Flying Car / Hover Board: The Skysurfers' all purpose vehicles, which can change from civilian cars to flying rocketboards.
- Frame-Up: Adam Hollister for Cybron's crimes.
- Henshin Hero: The Skysurfers used their Digitran devices to transform from civilian to hero.
- Nineties Anti-Heroes: By looks and names only. Over-the-top "xtreme", definitely, but in a family-friendly way.