You can play it here. It's recommended to do so before reading the trope list, since it is rather short.
We trope what we behold:
- An Aesop: Don't do clickbait and don't fall victim to it.
- Chekhov's Gunman: The man in the hat at the beginning seems innocuous enough at first. He triggers the war later on by shooting the happy square man.
- Deconstruction Game: For Memetic Mutation and Flame War.
- Downer Ending: The game eventually reaches a point where things dissolve into total chaos and violence, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. It's shown the couple advocating peace survived in the end, though.
- Flame War: Happens after a certain amount of time and gossip. Later turns into an actual war.
- The Generic Guy: The normal people walking around. If you take a photo of them, the broken hashtag is "Just some normal peeps".
- Get a Room!: Taking a picture of a couple walking around gives the hashtag "GROSS... GO GET A ROOM!"
- #HashtagForLaughs: Every single picture you take has a hashtag with a witty sentence.
- If It Bleeds, It Leads: The game is a brutal parody of sensationalist "click-bait" news.
- Jerkass: By the end of the game, just about everyone is angry and hateful towards each other.
- Love Redeems: The couple gives one of their hats to the spiky-haired guy who was scaring people and he spends the rest of the game with a goofy smile, not scaring anyone. Until he's blown to bits.
- Nice Hat: When you take a photo of a guy with a hat, the hashtag says "OOH NICE HAT" and other people start wearing them.
- True Love Is Boring: Taking pictures of people getting along after a certain point gives broken hashtags about how people getting along is boring.
- Windmill Crusader: At the end of the game, taking pictures of people with weapons gives the hashtag "BE SCARED. BE ANGRY." and more people start getting weapons.