Unmarked spoilers ahead!
- Anvilicious: The game doesn't just drop its anvil, but shoots it from orbit out of a railgun station with the force of ten nukes. The media (played by you) and the populace are little more than an Ouroboros, as the media is interested in nothing but generating scandal and outrage for profit as it takes small negative occurrences and blows them out of proportion. At the same time, the populace don't make anything better, by blindly believing in the morally bankrupt news media and perpetuating its false message while the Devil in Plain Sight get away with it all. In the end, only the media wins while the people lose; survivors of the tragedy, the genuinely good people who tried to counter the corrupt media, can only mourn for the lives that were pointlessly lost.
- Diagnosed by the Audience: The spiky-haired man is notably twitchy and unable to blink symmetrically, and he is also shown to be blissfully unaware of the people around him growing angrier at each other by the second when given a hat to wear, implying that he may either be a drug user or has a form of mental disability.
- Heartwarming Moments: The square and circle couple provide a lot of this. They're just a cute couple at the beginning, but they then give a hat to the spiky-haired-man, which calms him down and host a peace rally to stop the violence, not that it helps.
- Nightmare Fuel: The moment the hat man shoots the spiky-haired man, things quickly get bloody.
- Tear Jerker: The final shot, with the crickets and the couple holding a candlelight vigil for the victims of the massacre.