Ginger: Beyond The Crystal is a 3D Platform Game by Drakhar Studio. It was published by BadLand Publishing, and released for the PC on Steam on October 25th, 2016. It's also available on the Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
The world has been destroyed by the explosion of a crystal, and there is a mysterious threat hanging over its inhabitants. This world needs rebuilding, it needs a hero. And a goddess has created one. That hero is Ginger.
Ginger must explore 30 levels in three worlds, collecting items, rescuing people, and fixing the things that were broken by the crystal's destruction. This adventure goes beyond the crystal. Are you ready?
Ginger: Beyond The Crystal contains examples of:
- Blue Is Heroic: Ginger has blue skin.
- Checkpoint: These appear in the form of circles of light on the ground with intricate patterns inside them. They're activated when a little blue creature settles in them.
- Double Jump: Ginger can do this.
- Dressed to Plunder: One of the outfits Ginger can wear is a pirate outfit.
- Fantasy World Map: You can bring one up. It show's Ginger's current location, as well as where crystals can be found.
- Fartillery: Some pig-esque enemies in the game attack via farting.
- Floating Platforms: There are sections of the games that involves traversing a series of floating platforms.
- Goomba Stomp: Ginger can defeat certain enemies by jumping on them.
- Ground Pound: This is one of Ginger's attacks.
- Racing Minigame: Ginger can accept racing challenges, wherein he must race multiple characters.
- Red Is Heroic: Ginger wears a red scarf and red gloves.
- Sizeshifter: When he's wearing the Mouse Outfit, Ginger can shrink down to fit into small entryways.
- Spikes of Doom: These appear in the mine world, retracting into, and shooting up from, the ground. They will damage Ginger if he touches them.
- Spin Attack: One of the enemy types Ginger faces has an attack wherein it spins in his direction.