Ginger: Beyond The Crystal is a 3D Platform Game by Drakhar Studio. It was published by BadLand Publishing, and released for the PC on Steam on October 25th, 2016. It's also available on the Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
The world has been destroyed by the explosion of the world crystal, and there is a mysterious threat hanging over its inhabitants. This world needs rebuilding, it needs a hero. And a goddess has created one. That hero is Ginger.
Ginger must explore 30 levels in three worlds, collecting items, rescuing people, and fixing the things that were broken by the crystal's destruction. This adventure goes beyond the crystal. Are you ready?
Ginger: Beyond The Crystal contains examples of:
- Amphibian Assault: The main enemies faced in Crater Peaks and its levels are undead frogs. The boss of The Observatory in Crater Peaks is a vampire frog.
- Blue Is Heroic: Ginger is a blue-skinned creature on a quest to restore the world and purify its crystal.
- Checkpoint: These appear in the form of circles of light on the ground with intricate patterns inside them. They're activated when a little blue creature settles in them.
- Clothes Make the Superman: The costumes Ginger collects in the game each grant him different powers.
- The bard outfit lets him play music to cause things to happen.
- The mouse costume allows Ginger to shrink so he can fit into small spaces.
- The dragon costume lets Ginger breathe fire.
- The wizard outfit allows Ginger to move objects with magic.
- The vampire outfit allows Ginger to turn into a bat and fly.
- The spacesuit allows Ginger to shoot stars.
- The pirate outfit allows Ginger to play a Mini-Game that lets him open treasure chests.
- The jester outfit allows Ginger to place bombs with smiley faces on them in front of himself.
- Creepy Cemetery: Pet Semetary Hill, which is full of zombie frogs and tombstones, and some graves will have two skeleton creatures rise up to attack before returning to their graves.
- Double Jump: Ginger can do this.
- Dressed to Plunder: One of the outfits Ginger can wear is a pirate outfit.
- Fantasy World Map: You can bring one up. It show's Ginger's current location, as well as where crystals can be found.
- Fartillery: Some pig-esque enemies in the game attack via farting.
- Floating Platforms: There are sections of the games that involves traversing a series of floating platforms.
- Goomba Stomp: Ginger can defeat certain enemies by jumping on them.
- Ground Pound: This is one of Ginger's attacks.
- High-Class Glass: The boss of "The Observatory" in Crater Peaks wears a monocle.
- Life Meter: In the top left corner of the screen. It's represented by a branch with four blue leaves on it, which represent Ginger's health.
- Monochromatic Eyes: If you look closely at the druids, you'll see they have solid yellow eyes.
- Pumpkin Person: The Lord of The Miracle Manor is revealed to be this after Ginger defeats the other pumpkins.
- Racing Minigame: Ginger can accept racing challenges, wherein he must collect a series of blue lights in a specific order before time runs out.
- Red Is Heroic: Ginger wears a red scarf and red gloves.
- Rock Monster: The boss of Meteor Mountain is a giant rock person who will first roll a giant boulder at Ginger, then try to grill him by heating the ground, and finally by trying to jump on him.
- Sizeshifter: When he's wearing the Mouse Outfit, Ginger can shrink down to fit into small entryways.
- Spikes of Doom: These appear in the mine world, retracting into, and shooting up from, the ground. They will damage Ginger if he touches them.
- Spin Attack: One of the enemy types Ginger faces has an attack wherein it spins in his direction.
- Timed Mission: Some levels have sections where Ginger needs to complete a certain task within a time limit.
- Zombie Gait: The undead frogs in Crater Peaks (and its subsequent levels) always have their hands outstretched when they walk around, or chase Ginger. Same for the purple Frankenstein's Monsters.