Bomberman Land is the Bomberman franchise's personal series of minigame-centric Party Games. The first three games were only released in Japan, then the series began being released internationally with Bomberman Land Touch!.
The story for each game is the same at its core: Shiro Bom / Cheerful White and his friends all travel to a theme park and take part in its attractions. Unlike games such as Mario Party which use a Monopoly-styled board game layout, the theme park is an explorable overworld, and the player must complete the park's various minigames in order to unlock more of the park to explore.
Games in this series:
- Bomberman Land (2000) - PlayStation
- Bomberman Land Touch! (2006) - Nintendo DS
- Bomberman Land Touch! 2 (2007) - Nintendo DS
- Bomberman Land Wii (2007) - Wii
- Bomberman Land Portable (2007) - PlayStation Portable
- Bomberman 64 (2001) - Nintendo 64
- Bomberman Kart (2001) - PlayStation 2
- Bomberman Kart DX (2004) - PlayStation 2
- Bomberman Battles / Hardball (2004) - PlayStation 2
- Bomberman (2005) - Nintendo DS
This game series provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: Racer Bomber, considering he never notices Pretty Bomber's crush in 3 and is protective of White to the point of insisting he gives up on saving Pretty in the Adventure mode of 2.
- Big Brother Instinct: Racer Bomber is really protective of White in the Land 2 Main Game.
- Cheerful Child: Cheerful White.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Aka Bom and Racer Bomber vanished after the third game.
- Damsel in Distress: Pretty Bomber is kidnapped pretty often. Aqua as well in Touch! 2.
- Dub Name Change: Each protagonist was renamed when the series started being brought over from Japan. This can be confusing as Pretty Bomber is an established character, but she was called Cute Pink.
- Five-Man Band:
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Gold
- Keet: Blue
- Mini Game Game
- Ms. Vice Girl: Pretty Bomber
- Oblivious to Love: In Land 3, Racer Bomber doesn't notice Pretty Bomber is smitten by him.
- Party Game
- Rich Bastard and Fat Bastard: Gold.
- The Rival: Black.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: Black in some games and Racer Bomber.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Pretty Bomber.
- Super-Deformed: Well, more than usual. It got dropped after Land 3 in favor of the franchise's traditional art style.
- Verbal Tic: Black says "dude" quite often.