- Celebrity Voice Actor:
- The Danza: Misuzu's dub name, Michelle, was taken from her voice actress Michelle Ruff.
- Fan Nickname:
- "MasaruDaimon" for Masaru. Guess why.
- Bio-Trio: Kouki, Ivan, and Nanami.
- Agumon is "Takatomon", due to having the same English voice actor as Takato.
- "Professor Kurazy" for Kurata was popular back when his Mad Scientist tendencies were at their most apparent.
- Masaru's Agumon is known as "Agumon Burst Mode", if only because Bandai and Toei have said pretty much nothing at all about this form since its debut over a decade ago in the finale of Savers.
- The Other Darrin: One or two cases in the English dub of the video game "Digimon World Data Squad" due to being done before the TV series. (There's also a few other differences, such as the use of "Digisoul" like the Japanese version instead of "DNA".)
- Playing Against Type:
- At least in regards to the Digimon anime franchise, Masami Kikuchi had mostly played easy-going or friendly roles (Jou, Dolphin and Grani, Neemon), the only exception being a minor villain in a few episodes of Digimon Adventure 02 (Demon). Kurata, on the other hand
- Compare Kristy's personality to that of Rika's personality or Gaz's personality and you'll see a big difference.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Screwed by the Network: A most-likely unintentional example. The series' original Japanese run just happened to have more breaks due to an unusually high amount of special broadcasts taking place at Sundays of 2006, thus resulting in the fewer amount of episodes Savers has in comparison to other series.
- What Could Have Been:
- During the planning stage, Masaru was going to be named "Kouhei".
- Kouki wound up as a near monster who most-likely only got away because of the fact that he never actually managed to commit mass-murder anywhere near Kurata's level. However, the original plans for him was to be Not So Different from Masaru, being very similar in many ways but unlucky enough to have been found by Kurata instead of DATS.
- The original plan for the series is worldwide Delinquents tournament using Digimons, and that Yoshino and Thomas would end up being a local gang leader who wields a nunchuck and an American mafia who beat a New York gang all by himself, respectively. Lalamon's wielding a sausage nunchuck in the movie and Kouki's backstory where he beat a foreign gang by himself are probably remnants of the latter plan.
- Ikuto's age was lowered in order to avoid making his revenge against humans conspicuous, and it made him a Kid-Appeal Character in the process. Originally, he was supposed to be on the same age as the other two guys, which would explain a lot of things regarding him and Masaru.
- There was going to be an episode about Gaomon that revolves around him running away from Thomas due to his own cowardice and leading a pack of stray dogs in process.
- Chika was not supposed to be Masaru's sister. Instead, she was his neighbor who would go on pestering him about the strange things that occur in the Daimon family, with Agumon being one of those things. This is noticeable if you look at Chika's name, because the kanjis that compose her name are not symmetrical, unlike the other members of Daimon family.
Trivia / Digimon Data Squad