Stacked is an American sitcom that ran from April 2005 to January 2006 on Fox.
When blonde bombshell Skyler Dayton (Pamela Anderson) catches her rock star boyfriend in bed with two women, she decides that she's had enough of dating bad boys and a life of nonstop partying and wants to change her lifestyle to one that's more stable and steady. Seeking a book on relationship advice, she wanders into a small, family-owned bookstore called Stacked Books that's managed by two brothers: Gavin (Elon Gold) and Stuart (Brian Scolaro) Miller.
Stuart immediately becomes infatuated with Skyler. Gavin, however, views her as the embodiment of the shallow, vapid, image-obsessed culture he's come to loathe. Much to Gavin's horror, Stuart offers Skyler a job at the store, which she accepts as her first step towards changing her lifestyle. Other major characters include Katrina (Marissa Jaret Winokur), the cynical barista who is none too thrilled about having to work alongside an intimidating blonde beauty, and Harold March (Christopher Lloyd) a retired rocket scientist who is a regular customer at the bookstore.
Although 19 episodes were filmed, the show was canceled after only 14 episodes had aired due to low ratings. The unaired episodes were later made available on DVD.
Tropes featured include:
- Actor Allusion: Skyler mentions that she has a habit of dating musicians. She also mentions that her taste in men is so poor she's that if she meets a drunk in a club who is licking her face she'll probably end up going home with him. When Tommy Lee met Pamela Anderson at a party in February 1995, he introduced himself to her by licking her face.
- Adam Westing: The character of Skyler Dayton is an exaggerated parody of how Pamela Anderson is commonly portrayed in the media: a ditzy blonde party girl with big boobs who dates rock stars.
- Age-Inappropriate Dress: In one episode, an obnoxious new employee that was hired by Skyler mocks her for dressing like a teenager even though she's forty years old. She fires him on the spot.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Skyler has a habit of dating good-looking bad boys who inevitably end up hurting her. She's aware of this habit, and is trying to break it.
- Born Unlucky: Katrina suffers from chronic bad luck, having grown two sets of wisdom teeth and gotten knocked out backstage at an Aerosmith concert. She frequently suffers mishaps that cause her to be late for work.
- British Rockstar: Skyler's ex-boyfriend, Eddie.
- The Cameo: Kid Rock has a cameo as a delivery guy in the season 2 premiere.
- The Casanova: Eddie. Being a famous rock star, he doesn't have to try very hard to get women to sleep with him. He even manages to dazzle Stuart and Gavin with flattery and the promise of helping them attract beautiful girls.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Skyler mentions to Harold that she's had a boob job, he mistakenly thinks that she's talking about a breast reduction.Skyler: Harold, I've had my breasts done.Harold: They must have been huge before.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Harold's daughter, Zoey, often dates men that her father despises. In one episode, Harold pulls off a Batman Gambit by pretending to hate Gavin, which has the desired effect of driving Zoey to start dating him.
- Distracted by the Sexy:
- When Gavin's son meets Skyler for the first time, he can't hear anything his parents are telling him because he's hypnotized by Skyler's boobs.
- Averted in one episode where Skyler tries using her sex appeal to convince the owner of a neighboring music store to quit making so much noise. She flaunts her cleavage, asks him out for drinks, and bends over to pick up her keys. Then she finds out that he's gay.
- Erotic Dream: In the episode "Gavin's Pipe Dream", he has a sex dream about Skyler. This causes him some inner turmoil and confusion, considering that Skyler represents everything he dislikes about modern culture. When Skyler finds out, she considers it no big deal because it was just a dream. Although she does goad Gavin into admitting that he finds her attractive physically (if not intellectually). She also admits to having a sex dream of her own about Harold who's slightly thrown by the revelation.
- Even the Girls Want Her: During Skyler's first day on the job, Katrina sees her climbing a ladder while wearing a short skirt and mutters resentfully "Even I want a piece of that."
- Fake Relationship: In the first episode, Gavin convinces Skyler to pretend to be his girlfriend just to make his ex-wife jealous. It works.
- Fetish: When Skyler is low on money, Katrina mentions that she knows a guy who will pay her a hundred bucks to watch her try on different pairs of shoes.
- G.I.R.L.: Gavin plays online poker under a female alias because he heard that male players underestimate female players.Skyler: Is anybody on the internet actually a girl?
- Gold Digger: Skyler's friend Eve (Jenny McCarthy) plans to marry a geriatric billionaire so she can inherit his vast fortune when he dies. But her plan falls apart when he passes away in the middle of the wedding ceremony before either of them can say "I do."
- Head-Turning Beauty: Men who enter the store commonly react in awe when meeting Skyler.
- Hopeless Suitor: Short, stocky, nerdy, average-looking Stuart is determined to win Skyler's heart even though he admits that she's out of his league.
- Ice Queen: Gavin's ex-wife, Charlotte.Katrina: She could chill an espresso just by touching the cup.
- The "I Love You" Stigma: Skyler decides to start telling everyone that she loves them which causes varying degrees of chaos. Katrina thinks she's after money, Harold (thanks to an overheard phone call) thinks she's dying, Stuart thinks she's saying she's in love with him and the random delivery man she says it to decides to try and win her over by stealing a laptop for her. Gavin finds the whole thing ridiculous but still gets upset when he realises she hasn't said it to him. Skyler reveals she didn't say anything to him because she knew he'd be dismissive, pointing out that he never even says it to his own brother. Once Gavin awkwardly tells Stuart that he does love him everyone agrees to drop it and go back to work, which is when Skyler quietly tells Gavin she loves him.
- In Vino Veritas: When Gavin is given anesthesia prior to surgery, he admits to Skyler that he has romantic feelings for her and he thinks that they should be together. Later on he tells Skyler that he has no recollection of anything that happened after receiving the injection, but his reaction after Skyler leaves implies that he did remember.
- Insufferable Genius: In the second episode, Gavin fires Skyler after she falls asleep during her first day on the job. He replaces her with Brent, a well-read intellectual with an Ivy League education who is extremely knowledgeable about literature. But once Brent starts working at Stacked Books, he turns out to be an arrogant and condescending ass who is rude to both his coworkers and the customers. Gavin ends up firing Brent and re-hiring Skyler.
- Laxative Prank: Invoked and Subverted. The prank is mentioned, and an elderly professor who frequents the titular bookstore says he put laxatives in Albert Einstein's ice cream once. When asked why, he responds that Einstein asked him too.
- Love at First Sight: Stuart was completely smitten with Skyler from the moment she walked through the door of his bookstore.
- Magic Plastic Surgery: Eve was supposedly ugly for most of her life (Skyler politely describes her as having "unconventional beauty). Tens of thousands of dollars in plastic surgery later, she's magically turned into Jenny McCarthy. Skyler doesn't even recognize the new Eve at first.
- Mistaken for Dying: In the season 2 premiere, Harold believes that Skyler is dying from a terminal illness after he overhears her on the phone with a tree surgeon. In actuality, her newly-planted lemon tree is dying.
- Ms. Fanservice: Skyler typically wears tight-fitting outfits that emphasize her buxom, curvaceous figure (although considering how much fan service was in Baywatch and V.I.P., Pam dresses pretty conservatively in this show).
- Opposites Attract: In one episode Gavin, while under anesthesia, tells Skyler that he has feelings for her. Later on Skyler tells Katrina that maybe she should date Gavin because he's nothing like the guys she typically dates.
- Pun-Based Title: Stacked is the name of the bookstore in which the series takes place, and it's also a term used to describe a woman with large breasts.
- Really Gets Around: Both Skyler and Katrina. Throughout the show we learn that Skyler has a pretty long list of musicians, Hollywood actors, and professional athletes she's slept with. While in one episode Katrina mentions that she doesn't even wait until the third date to have sex with the guys she dates.
- The Rival: Nikki Foos (Carmen Electra) is a former friend of Skylar's turned rival. She seduces Stuart because she mistakenly believes him to be Skyler's boyfriend.
- A Threesome Is Hot: Skyler dumped her boyfriend Eddie after she caught him in bed with two women; one a brunette and one a redhead.
- Younger Than They Look: Gavin meets a girl with similar tastes as himself, but he's reluctant to date her because he estimates her age to be 23 and he's 35. But Skyler talks him into going out with her. Turns out Gavin should have listened to his instincts because she turns out to be only 17 years old.