Pamela Denise Anderson (born July 1, 1967) is a Canadian-American actress, model, producer, author, activist and former showgirl, known for her roles on the television series Home Improvement, Baywatch, V.I.P., and Stacked. She was chosen as a Playmate of the Month for Playboy magazine in February 1990 and has posed for the magazine multiple times since (she has also appeared on the cover of Playboy more than any other woman). For a time, she was known as Pamela Anderson Lee (or Pamela Lee) after marrying Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee. She also did the voice over work for the titular character in Stripperella, an animated series by Stan Lee, which also used her likeness.
She is considered by many to be one of the biggest sex symbols of the 1990s. Since Anderson's nakedness has appeared in Playboy the most times (14 covers and 15 spreads), they asked her to be on the cover of their final 2015 nude issue (apparently too many people do read it for the articles). Not bad going for a 48-year-old Canadian rose.
She's always been very active politically. Her character in Baywatch was a flower power type girl. In fact half the Baywatch cast were vegans and adamant animal rights activists. (She actually had some P.R. issues to repair after single-handedly making Uggs a thing, and Uggs are animal cruel.) She also caught out the PM of Australia being "lewd" on commercial radio, in what was an entirely unforced error on his part.
Some of her films:
- Snapdragon (1993)
- Raw Justice (1994)
- Naked Souls (1996)
- Barb Wire (1996)
- Scooby-Doo (2002)
- Scary Movie 3 (2003)
- Pauly Shore Is Dead (2003)
- Borat (2006)
- Hollywood And Wine (2010)
- Baywatch (2017)
- City Hunter: The Cupid's Perfume (2019)
Tropes Associated with Pamela Anderson
- Action Girl: Pamela has always been athletic, and in Baywatch she performed most of her own stunts (in fact, when she first joined the cast of Baywatch she didn't even know that the use of stunt doubles was common in the entertainment industry).
- Amicable Exes: She divorced Tommy Lee, but the two of them remain friends with each other.
- Betty and Veronica: Pam's public image has been both. In her earliest Playboy appearances, she has a fresh-faced, cute, girl-next-door look. But once she started getting famous, Pam's public image changed to that of a sultry blonde sex goddess.
- Buxom Is Better:
- After her first appearance in Playboy Magazine, Anderson got breast implants as a way of boosting her popularity. It worked, and she became a major celebrity largely because of her "assets."
- In the late-1990s, Pam had her breast implants surgically removed because she wanted to be taken more seriously as an actress (in her own words, she was tired of her "all boobs, no brains" image). It soon became apparent to her that she was never going to taken seriously as an actress and her sex appeal was her biggest strength, so she had new implants put in that were even larger than her old ones and returned to playing buxom fan service characters.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Has been frequently photographed going about her day with nothing on her feet; to an event, walking her dog, shopping, even just filling up her car. Skip to page 10 here and observe
- Eating the Eye Candy: Played with via literal inversion. She was the eye candy in a music video, but she ate the men who were enjoying her.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: With the exception of Marilyn Monroe, Anderson is possibly the most famous blonde bombshell in Hollywood history. During the peak of her popularity, her personal life was covered heavily by celebrity gossip magazines and she dated several famous male celebrities (including Scott Baio, David Spade, Chris Angel, and multiple rock musicians). Hugh Hefner himself compared Pam to Marilyn Monroe on multiple occasions (and Hef would know, considering that he photographed Marilyn for the very first issue of Playboy back in the 1950s).
- Femme Fatale: Her role in Barb Wire.
- Fourth Date Marriage: She met Tommy Lee at a party in February 1995. They got married four days later on a beach in Cancún, Mexico.
- Friends with Benefits: Although Pam and Tommy Lee divorced in 1998, they remained cordial with each other, and Pam mentioned in an interview that they also continued having sex with each other for years after their divorce.
- Giant Woman: Played one in a music video, where the band got to climb all over her. She was also a maneater.
- Has a Type: Pam definitely seems to have a thing for rock stars. She married Tommy Lee and they remained Friends with Benefits for years after their divorce. She also married Kid Rock, and appeared in a sex tape with Bret Michaels from Poison.
- During the Comedy Central Roast of Anderson, one comedian quipped "she's fucked more musicians than Napster."
- While being interviewed by Howard Stern, Pamela also mentioned that she has a strong preference for men who are "well endowed."
- Home Porn Movie: In 1995 a sex video of Anderson and Tommy Lee was stolen from their home and sold to a pornographic video distributor. The Lees sued the distributor to stop the video from being sold, but failed. There have also been rumors that in the mid-2000s, a major porn studio offered Pam several million dollars to star in a professionally-shot porn movie, but she declined.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Erotica Jones in Stripperella is voiced by Pam as well as having an appearance based on her.
- Irony: Is a vegan, but jumped at the chance to be a giantess that devours male musicians alive.
- Like Brother and Sister: David Hasselhoff has claimed that he's never watched the Pamela Anderson/Tommy Lee sex tape because he views Pam as a sister.
- Literal Man Eater: Not in real life (as far as we know) but she did play one in the music video for "Miserable." In the vid she is wearing a white and black bikini and GIGANTIC platform heels and provides plenty of Fanservice and Male Gaze but at the end of the video devours all the male band members.
- Love at First Sight: Tommy Lee has stated that he was obsessed with Pamela from the moment he met her, even going as far as to follow her to a photo shoot in Mexico in an attempt to woo her. Pam didn't take to Tommy quite as quickly, but still fell for him fast considering that they got married 4 days after meeting each other.
- Ms. Fanservice: The main reason why people watched Baywatch was probably hot people running on the beach in swim suits and being wet in Slo Mo. Ms Anderson took the cake. In fact her whole career was built on being this.
- Opposites Attract: Her relationship with Kid Rock was definitely this. Pamela is liberal on most issues, and she's also a vegan who is passionate about animal rights. Kid Rock, on the other hand, is an outspoken Rupublican who is hunting buddies with Ted Nugent. Perhaps not surprisingly, their marriage only lasted four months.
- Professional Wrestling:
- Rape as Backstory: A tragic real-life example. In a 2014 interview, Pamela revealed that she had been sexually abused on multiple occasions during her childhood and teenage years, and that her love of animals is largely due to the fact they've never caused her pain like humans have.
- Roman à Clef: Her 2004 novel, Star.
- Self-Deprecation: Pam seems quite aware of the fact that her looks, and not her acting ability, are the reason she's famous. And she's not above poking a little fun at herself."My breasts have had an incredible career. I've just tagged along for the ride."
- Significant Birth Date: Pamela Anderson already appeared in Canadian newspapers right after her birth because she was born exactly 100 years after the formation of the Dominion of Canada at 0.01 a.m. and therefore became Canada's "centennial baby".
- Spit Out a Shoe: Does this in the music video for Miserable after slurping up the band's lead guitarist.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman:
- Dancing with the Stars called her "The World's Sexiest Woman" in promos for the season in which she competed.
- Similarly, Stan Lee once described Pam as "the sexiest woman in the world" while working with her on Stripperella.