It's Take Your Daughter To Work Day at Dunder-Mifflin, and (almost) everyone is eager to make a good impression. Toby brings his daughter, Sasha; Kevin brings his fiancee's daughter; Stanley brings his daughter, Melissa; and Meredith brings Jakey, who is suspended from school.
Air date: March 16, 2006
- Accidental Misnaming: Jakey calls Dwight "Mr. Poop."
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Kelly is jealous that Melissa is talking to Ryan, so she tells Stanley.
- Friendless Background: Poor Michael.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: At the end of the episode, Michael decides to give Internet dating a try. He picks a username so that women will know where his priorities are. His username? "LittleKidLover."
- Must Have Caffeine: Melissa drinks macchiatos...and nothing else. She's in eighth grade.
- Oh, Crap!: When Kevin realizes how much porn is on his computer.
- Papa Wolf: Don't appear to be interested in Stanley's daughter.
- Punny Name: Edward R. Meow
- Retroactive Recognition: An in-universe example. When Michael shows his video of Fundle Bundle to the gang, one of the kids is a boy named Chet. He grew up to be TV weatherman Chet Montgomery.
- Scary Black Man: When Stanley yells at Ryan.
- Shout-Out: To children's literature, specifically Struwwelpeter and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. Michael also makes jokes about Eddie Murphy and Janet Jackson.
- Show Within a Show: The show Michael was on as a child, Fundle Bundle. It was based on The Land of Hatchy Milatchy, a real children's show that once aired on local Scranton television and was similar to Romper Room or The Bozo Show. The producers of The Office were unable to secure the rights to use Hatchy Milatchy, so the writers made up their own similar show instead.
- Stunned Silence: Edward R. Meow's initial reaction to kid!Michael's answer to "What do you want to be when you grow up?".kid!Michael: I wanna be married and have one hundred kids so I can have one hundred friends and nobody can say no to being my friend.(Beat)Edward R. Meow: Uh... Oh, okay. Well, nice talking with you Michael.
- What, Exactly, Is His Job?: Michael says that Creed is in charge of ...something.Creed: That is correct.