The Twenty-One Second Excitation is an episode from Season 4 of The Big Bang Theory.
Sheldon and the men try to get into a viewing of Raiders of the Lost Ark but an extended version with 21 additional seconds. Meanwhile, the girls have a slumber party.
- Adorkable: Amy, who throws herself into doing all the traditional slumber party activities, her never having one as a child.
- Bullying a Dragon: Sheldon steals the Raiders movie (mirroring how Indiana Jones stole the golden idol from the indigenous Peru people) from the hundreds of moviegoers.
- Chased by Angry Natives: Or in this case, angry Indiana Jones fans.
- Chased Off into the Sunset: The boys get chased by a whole crowd of angry Indiana Jones fans who want to see the extended cut before Sheldon stole it.Sheldon: Why is there never a pontoon plane when you need one?
- Childish Pillow Fight: One of the slumber party activities Amy wants to try. She nails Penny in the face with her pillow
- Greens Precede Sweets: Sheldon complains to Raj for ordering dessert, because it got them late for the movie preview. Raj defends that he ate all his broccoli.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: Howard strapping a bag to his leg to pee into seemed like a clever (yet disgusting) way to relieve himself without having to get out of line. Unfortunately, it ended up being a pain when he had to run from a bunch of angry Indy fans.
- I Warned You: Sheldon kept trying to get the others to hurry up so they could get to the theater in time, but they dismissed him as they still had time before the film started. Turns out that Sheldon had a point as an entire line of Indiana Jones fans was camped out in front of the theater and they ended up at the far back of the line.Sheldon: I informed you thusly.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Sheldon continually said they needed to get to the theater as soon as possible to see the movie, but everyone else dismisses him because they had hours before the movie started and they wanted to finish their dinner. When they finally arrived at the theater, there is a huge line of Indiana Jones fans was camped out there, with Sheldon pointing out how much closer they would have been if they had left earlier or just skipped dinner entirely (or even order their dinners To-Go, which Cheesecake Factory provides). They end up just missing the holding capacity of the theater due to being too far back in the line and Will Wheaton and his gang getting in early.
- "Metaphor" Is My Middle Name:Sheldon: Trouble is my middle name, Leonard. Actually, it's Lee, but I prefer trouble.
- Missing Steps Plan: Sheldon steals the movie from the theaters. How was Sheldon going to watch the movie if it came in the medium of a film meant for a big screen and a theater projector?
- No Ending: The result and consequences of what happened after Sheldon stole the movie from the theater is never mentioned, with the whole event never brought up after this episode.
- Revenge Before Reason: Sheldon stealing the movie as payback on Will Wheaton but it might not be worth getting chased by an angry mob.
- Right on Queue: The whole episode is the guys waiting in line. Sheldon even falls asleep at one point. They don't make it due to Wil Wheaton and friends cutting in line.
- Slumber Party: The girls' plot is their girls night turning into one, with Amy being super into it.