The episode starts with the Crystal Gems on Mask Island. As Pearl and Garnet stand on the island's beach, they discuss what seems to be a gem monster and that it's missing from the island. As Steven admires the ocean view, Amethyst tells Steven it's time to go. On the warp pad, Steven is able to safely warp all of the Gems back to the house (Calling himself, "Warp Master" before Amethyst pranks Steven by turning her head into a fly's head, making it seem that Steven's warp skills are what caused it). When Pearl mentions they have to warp out again, Steven asks if he can warp the team again, but Pearl tells him no, as they'll be underwater and Steven needs air to breathe. To compensate, Steven goes and tells Lars and Sadie that he's the warp master.
At the Big Donut, Steven bursts in and calls himself the warp master, only to see Sadie and Lars are lying at the counter with the latter asleep. As Sadie tries to get Steven a doughnut, she knocks over Lars and wakes him up, throwing the two into an intense argument. Watching them, Steven once again says he's the warp master, and explains that he can warp the three of them to an island for a vacation. Once there, it's revealed that it's the same Geode island that the Crystal Gems were previously at. Confused and angry, Lars asks Steven why the Gems were there in the first place, and Steven explains that they were looking for a dangerous monster gem. Bursting with anger, Lars stubbornly marches off to the warp pad, only to find it missing. Seeming to be lost, the trio spend the night on the island.
The next day, Sadie tries to catch fish on the island while Lars tries to find a signal on his phone. Asking Lars to help (who refuses as he looks for a signal), Sadie gets frustrated with Lars and stabs the water with her spear, and catches three fish. Angrily, Sadie tells Lars that while they're on the island, she'll catch fish, and Lars will cook it. Later that day, Lars cooks the hunted fish and is complimented by Sadie on his cooking skills. Cracking a joke about fire, Lars is able to get a laugh out of Sadie. Seeing progress in the friends' relationship, Steven sings the song, "Be Wherever You Are." As the song plays, it shows that several days pass by and key events that happen: the three build a hut to sleep in, Lars gives his shirt to Sadie, Sadie is bit by a giant fish (which is later cooked for dinner that night), and Lars uses his pant leg to wrap Sadie's bitten arm. As the three sleep, Lars and Sadie cuddle.
The next morning, Sadie wakes up alone and asks Steven where Lars had gone. Shrugging, Steven points outside to Lars panicking and still searching for a signal. As Sadie tries to calm him, Lars ends up throwing his phone away in the ocean. Crying, Lars admits that he's very homesick. As Sadie reassures that she's there for him, she tries to fist bump him, only to see that he's stroking her hand. Lars asks her if she gets lonely, even when people are there. She nods, and Lars then kisses Sadie on the lips as Steven watches on and interrupts them with the conclusion to the song.
The two yell at Steven, as they were having a moment and Steven rudely interrupted them. Before scolding him further, the three are confronted by a floating gem and get knocked off the side of a hill. Steven then deduces that the gem is the monster they were looking for: it never really left, it was just invisible! As the three run away, Lars starts to sob and desperately exclaims that he wants to go home. Sadie, watching with a look of guilt, leads the three through the forest to a large lump covered in leaves. Uncovering it, it is revealed to be the warp pad, as Sadie had hidden it in a panic knowing that Lars needed the vacation. Blaming her for everything that happened, Lars starts to yell at Sadie, even going as far as to shove her and say that she forced herself onto him. Shoving him back, Sadie accidentally pushed Lars off a cliff where the monster is hiding.
Terrified, Lars is thrown around by the beast until Sadie comes down and knocks the beast over. Fighting it, Sadie is able to tackle and aggressively shove the beast around, and eventually destroy it as Steven had thrown her spear to Sadie, telling her to use her "fish-murdering skills" to destroy the monster which she does. Obviously hurt, Sadie gets up and uses the stick to walk to the warp pad. As Steven compliments Sadie's awesome fight, Lars awkwardly compliments her too, to which she replies that it's not an action to read into. Before they warp away, Steven tells them that they should do this again sometime.
And we Iris Out over the warp pad.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Pearl tells Amethyst that pretending Steven deformed her by messing up the warp wasn't funny, but Garnet admits it was "kind of funny."
- Adults Are Useless: After getting trapped on the island, Steven is sure that the Gems will come to find him. A week later there's no evidence the Gems even know he's missing.
- Beast with a Human Face: All the animals on the island have creepy, human-like faces.
- Bloodless Carnage: Like most gems and gem monsters, the invisible gem monster cannot bleed. Either that, or the blood is also invisible.
- UK airings cut Lars pushing Steven off him.
- Nearly every foreign broadcasts cuts Lars and Sadie's very passionate kiss.
- Cell Phones Are Useless: Lars' phone can never get a signal, presumably because Mask Island is far from any tower. He eventually throws it into the ocean in frustration.
- Cue the Rain: It conveniently starts raining when the invisible gem monster appears.
- Closed Circle: With the warp pad missing, Lars, Sadie, and Steven can't leave the island.
- Deserted Island: Mask Island is magical island that used to be a gem site, but no one lives there anymore but a corrupted gem.
- For Your Own Good: Sadie justifies hiding the warp pad by claiming Lars would have left the island even though staying would make him a better person.
- Forceful Kiss: Lars gives one to Sadie which she quickly accepts.
- Foreshadowing: Before the Warp Pad "disappears", Sadie is seen lingering around it alone, clearly saddened that Lars hates the island already.
- From Dress to Dressing: Lars tears up one of his pant legs to make a bandage for Sadie's arm after its bitten by a fish.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Sadie stabbing the large fish monster which bites her is cut away at the last second, shown in shadow from a distance.
- I'm Standing Right Here: Lars insists on napping separate from Sadie and Steven, and they talk about him, not realizing he's still in earshot.Lars: I could do without the audio commentary!
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Sadie stabs the gem monster through what is probably its heart. Being invisible, all the viewer sees is her stabbing through thin air.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Failing to get a phone signal too many times, Lars ends up with tears streaming down his face, and his nose running.
- Insistent Terminology: Steven is quite serious that he be addressed as the "Warp Master" after he successfully activates a warp pad for the first time.
- Invisible Monsters: The gem monster on the island is invisible. Being forced to roll around in the rain and mud exposes at least a few of its features.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Jerk he can be sometimes, Lars was absolutely justified to be furious with Sadie for lying about where the warp pad was and intentionally stranding them on the island.
- Locked in a Room: If that room was an island.
- Lonely Among People: Lars admits that even after making friends with the Cool Kids, he still feels lonely, presumably because he never opens up to them.
- Love You and Everybody:Steven: I can take us on vacations. Somewhere warm and beautiful and magical for just the two of you. *Edges closer* And me!
- Magic Skirt: A male example. Steven's leaf skirt never exposes him, even though it's so flimsy it should do so at the slightest breeze.
- Manly Men Can Hunt: Averted. Sadie is actually the most capable when it comes to spear fishing.
- Moment Killer: Steven decides to break into song when Lars and Sadie kiss, but at least he was polite enough to let them get that far.
- One Size Fits All: After several days, Sadie starts wearing the overshirt Lars wore to the island. Despite Sadie being much shorter and wider than Lars, it fits her perfectly.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: A variation; Steven's voice sounds a little deeper and closer to his voice actor's natural speaking voice when he sings "Be Wherever You Are".
- Perma-Shave: Given how long the trio are on the island, this is both averted and played straight:
- Averted with Sadie; her leg hair has grown out enough to be visible by partway through the episode.
- Played straight with Lars; he shows no stubble on his face or anywhere else. Even the hair on the sides of his head, which he presumably has to shave to keep his mohawk-style hairdo, shows no signs of growing.
- Real Men Cook: Lars is the Camp Cook and receives several compliments for the quality of his food.
- Robinsonade: Trying to survive on a magical island might seem a bit difficult.
- Secretly Selfish: Sadie justifies trapping Lars on the island by saying it it would make him a better person, but there's a strong implication she wanted the opportunity to get closer to him. Lars even accuses of her orchestrating the whole ordeal "so [she] could come on to me".
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: As soon as Steven mentions the island monster they never managed to find, Lars takes that as his cue to leave. Unfortunately for him, the warp pad has gone missing.
- Shipper on Deck: Steven makes it no secret that he wants Sadie and Lars to be together, serenading them with a romantic song encouraging them to enjoy their time together and gleefully watching them grow closer and even make out.
- Shout-Out: When Steven warps the Gems back to the temple, Amethyst shifts her head into that of a fly, referencing the Teleporter Accident in The Fly (1958).
- Sleep Cute: Sadie wakes for a second to realize Lars has cuddled her in (possibly fake) sleep, and blisses out about it. Then Steven ruins the moment by trying to cuddle Lars and gets kicked away.
- Tender Tears: A homesick Lars breaks down pretty badly in front of Sadie.
- To Serve Man: One of the human-faced fish bites onto Sadie arm and tries to drag her in the water, presumably to eat her. Lars and Steven manage to hold her on shore long enough for her to stab it with a spear, and it ends up as their meal.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Lars starts to admit that beneath his abrasiveness he's very lonely, but when he learns that Sadie secretly kept them on the island, he reverts back.
- Took a Level in Badass: Sadie starts out on the island too timid to spear fish unrestrained. She manages to fight and poof a Gem Monster with nothing but a sharpened stick.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lars is vocally angered as Sadie once he realizes that she trapped them on the island on purpose. Even Steven is disappointed in her, but states that he'd prefer to be mad at Sadie once they're safe back in Beach City.
- You Were Trying Too Hard: Initially, Sadie can't catch a single fish. When she stabs her spear into the ocean in anger without looking, she gets three at once, and does quite well from then on.