Banned in Bikini Bottom
Krabby Patties are banned from Bikini Bottom.
"Banned in Bikini Bottom" contains examples of:
- Eaten Alive: Plankton at the end.
- Everybody Knew Already: After the Krusty Krab is closed, Mr. Krabs converts SpongeBob's home into a secret Krusty Krab...complete with a sign advertising it as such.
- Fun-Hating Villain: Miss Gristlepuss. How bad is she? She runs an entire organization that bans items deemed "too fun and delicious."
- Gilligan Cut: After Ms. Gristlepuss bans Krabby Patties and orders the Krusty Krab to be closed down:Mr. Krabs: She can't close us down.
(cut to SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs outside the Krusty Krab, which is now chained up with a "Closed" sign over the logo)
Mr. Krabs: She closed us down! I'm ruined! (cries)
- HeelFace Turn: Ms. Gristlepuss has Krabby patties banned for being too fun and delicious. Once she accidentally eats a patty, however, even she can't deny how wonderful they taste.
- House Amnesia: While setting up the secret Krusty Krab, SpongeBob startles Mr. Krabs, who tells SpongeBob that people usually knock before entering somebody's house...only for SpongeBob to tell him that it's his house.
- Metaphorgotten:SpongeBob: If Krabby Patties are illegal now, aren't we breaking the law?Mr. Krabs: There's an old saying, lad. What doesn't kill ya... usually succeeds in the second attempt.SpongeBob: But what does that have to do with making Krabby Patties?Mr. Krabs: Nothing!
- Special Guest: Andrea Martin as Miss Gristlepuss.
- Stage Whisper: Patrick does this to the customers leaving SpongeBob's house with a very audible "Thank you, come again."
- The End: The episode ends with this.
- The Stool Pigeon: After discovering the secret Krusty Krab at SpongeBob's house, Plankton becomes a Petty Peter when he reports this to the police to get it shut down.
- Trust Password: While guarding the door, Patrick asks the person at the front for the password. Based on his interaction with Plankton, he believes it's "What are you talking about, you gargantuan buffoon?", indicating that everybody he has asked has said that and there wasn't supposed to be a password.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Inverted with the Police Chief compared to Miss Gristlepuss.
Stanley S. SquarePants
SpongeBob's klutzy cousin visits and causes trouble.
"Stanley S. SquarePants" contains examples of:
- Biting-the-Hand Humor:Stanley: Wow! A TV! Uncle Sherm never let me watch TV back at home.SpongeBob: Why not? *The TV explodes*Stanley: That's why. *runs off* What's that?SpongeBob: Oh, it's okay. There's nothing good on television anyway. (turns to camera and frowns) Nothing.
- Bridal Carry: A picture depicts Stanley doing this to a customer.
- Epic Fail: Stanley can only do this. He is utterly incapable of doing anything right to the degree where he breaks SpongeBob's TV just by lightly touching it, and he can't even sit still and do nothing without screwing it up.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: On the letter that SpongeBob reads from Uncle Sherm, the last part of the letter that he doesn't read out loud is "Love Uncle Sherm. I'm free, FREE!"
- The Jinx: Stanley ruins everything he touches and drives whoever he meets crazy.
- Nephewism: Mr. Krabs reveals he has identical triplet nephews who solve mysteries whom he tells to go solve the "mystery" of why they didn't get hired at the Krusty Krab.
- Rage Breaking Point: After taking the blame for all of Stanley's screw-ups, SpongeBob finally loses his patience when Stanley bends his spatula in half.Mr. Krabs: Oh...you broke your spatula...That's a shame...I'll order you another one tomorrow, boy.SpongeBob: NOOOOOO!!! I DIDN'T BREAK MY SPATULA!!! (points at Stanley) HE DID!!! AND I ALSO DIDN'T BURN YOUR MONEY!!! HE DID THAT TOO!!! I HAVE BEEN COVERING FOR HIM BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!!
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Upon meeting SpongeBob's cousin, Stanley, Squidward shouts, "There's two of them?!" and immediately moves out of his house, screaming in terror.
- Shameful Shrinking: SpongeBob does this when Mr. Krabs yells at him.
- Special Guest: Christopher Guest as Stanley S. SquarePants