A pair of young slackers who provide a steady stream of neologistic slang for the youth of today.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Team Rocket from the Pokémon: The Series, mainly with their motto.
Team Rocket: "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again..." *ping*
Jessie & Meowth: "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again..." *ping*James (currently separated from his team-mates): "I could have sworn someone just screamed blasting off again, but we copyrighted that didn't we? Oh well!"
- Of course, this has been lampshaded by now and variations aren't so unusual:
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: "Who the hell do you think we are!?"
- Rob and Don in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.
Films — Live-Action
- Joey and Chandler from Friends, although arguably Chandler spouts the catch phrases and Joey responds merely predictably.
- Sam and Dean Winchester.
- Wheel of Fortune host-hostess tandem Pat Sajak and Vanna White usually sign off with some variation of "We'll see you next time." "Bye bye!"
- Similarly, Chuck Woolery and Stacey Hayes (later Shandi Finessey) of Lingo would sign off with "It's not just letters…" "…it's Lingo."
- Community: "TROY AND ABED SAY THEIR CATCH PHRASE!"
- Edge and Christian in the WWF, who were later joined by Kurt Angle.
- 3.0, Scott "Jagged" Parker & Shane Matthews, in CHIKARA. BOOYAH!
- WOW Women of Wrestling had Caged Heat, Loca and Delta Lotta Pain:
LOCA: "Whazzup!!"DELTA LOTTA PAIN: "Whazzup!!"LOCA: "Hey, Delta! What time is it?"DLP: "It's Hard Time!"LOCA: "That's right. Caged Heat is about to lay a beatdown on somebody!"
- Radio 1 DJs Mark and Lard were a two-man catchphrase factory, whose comic nonsense was borrowed by other DJs and requested by listeners regardless of context.
- Beavis And Butthead: "Huh huh," "That was cool," "This sucks"...
- Jay and Silent Bob from The View Askewniverse films and Clerks: The Animated Series (though the catchphrase-spouting was limited to Jay, as Silent Bob, as his name implies, is The Voiceless most of the time).
- Red Hulk and Skaar attempted to become this after quitting Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and starting their own show. Red's catchphrase was "Here's red in your eye!" and Skaar would respond with "Skaar say catchphrase also". (It's implied he was supposed to say a variation of Red's but didn't quite get it.)
- Regular Show’s Mordecai and Rigby’s “Hmmm. Hmmm.” and “Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh!!!”