While he has different types of videos, he does have two main series:
- This is X. Slimecicle's regular and condensed playthrough of the game, commentating about it while spewing bad puns.
- Inside The Mind Of An X Player. A video where Slimecicle talks about his experience and thoughts of a player character he chose. Also contains bad puns. Originally features only Overwatch characters, but has been expanded to other games such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Apex Legends.
You can watch his videos here. He also has two other channels, Slmccl, which is his 2nd channel and, Just Roll With It, which is his podcast. The page for Just Roll With It can be found here. Outside of this, he is also a member of the Dream SMP, where he plays his character of the same name.
This punster and his videos feature the following tropes:
- Apocalyptic Log: The "Deus Logs" Charlie finds in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse" is from the POV of The "Mad Scientist", which chronicles Tommy bringing the zombie virus from another world.
- Bait-and-Switch: During Cuphead's Perilous Piers level, Slimecicle panics as the octopus that's carrying Cuphead suddenly descends into the water. Slimecicle quickly makes Cuphead jump out of the octopus and tries to make it to the bridge. As Cuphead dashes barely towards the bridge, the video goes into slow motion while an excerpt of "Say Something" plays before cutting into black and Slimecicle whimpering, indicating Cuphead has missed the jump. Then, it cuts to Cuphead reaching the goal.Slimecicle: Nah, I made it though.
- Big Bad
- For "Minecraft, but every 5 minutes there's a natural disaster", it's Schlatt, who torments Charlie and his friends throughout the video.
- "Patient Zero"/Tommy fulfills this role in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse" as the one who started the whole apocalypse and the one responsible for the zombie hordes.
- Big Damn Heroes: On the night of Day 99 in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse" when Tommy unleashes the final Blood Moon upon Charlie's base, Florida Man and Ronald Boo soon arrive in a pickup truck to help Charlie defend his base.
- Call-Back: On Day 99 in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", Schlatt's shop appears one last time, with Schlatt trying to offer Charlie a golden apple, causing him to flash back to the events of "Minecraft, but every 5 minutes there's a natural disaster".
- Conspiracy Theorist: In "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", Ronald Boo (played by Ranboo) seems to believe that the zombie apocalypse is staged and that all the zombies are (highly trained) paid actors.
- Creepy Child: In "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", Tommy probably qualifies as this. Even though he's a "child", or a teenager at most, he initially appears to be Seriously Scruffy* , is friends with some zombies and can speak to them, is weirdly interested in Charlie's brain and enjoys eating rotten flesh and blood over normal human food, and Charlie describes him as exuding a lot of red flags. It turns out Charlie's quite right about those red flags and Tommy's a lot more dangerous than he seems.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In "The HARDEST Minecraft Difficulty", Slime, Condi and Bizly send Grizzly to hell for coding it so the diamond pickaxe makes a squeaky toy noise.
- Foreshadowing: At the ending of "Inside the Mind of an Ashe Player", a kazoo cover of ''Lifelight'' is being played. Eventually, "Inside the Mind of a Mario Player" is uploaded, signifying that this series will be expanded to other videos games.
- Face Death with Dignity: After realizing in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse" that he's stuck in another world without any way of getting out, Charlie throws his items into the lava and resigns himself to his fate.
- HeelFace Door-Slam: In "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", the "Mad Scientist" Condi resolves on Day 51 to fix the Zombie Apocalypse he caused...and a few moments later is slaughtered by the new strain of zombies created by The "Dealer" using Kush.
- Hurricane of Puns: Dear lord, yes! Almost every video will feature at least one pun. It's much easier to list the videos that don't have one.
- Intoxication Ensues: Charlie goes through this twice in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse":
- On Day 10, he and Florida Man smoke some wheat joints together, going on a bender that involves wrestling alligators and jumping off a volcano, losing all the items in their inventories in the process.
- On Day 37, Charlie encounters Schlatt for the first time, who repeatedly offers him several drugs. After he takes some, Charlie gains both super strength and super speed, bursts down the wall of the shop, and sprints back across the bridge, only to suddenly wake up back in his base.
- Jerkass Gods:
- Jschlatt in "Minecraft, but every 5 minutes there's a natural disaster", besieging the players with random disasters every few minutes and generally tormenting them throughout the video. He comes to torment Charlie once again in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse".
- All four players in "The HARDEST Minecraft Difficulty" are this to various degrees, though Bizly (who made it so chickens are both murderous and quick to multiply) and Grizz (who made diamond pickaxes single-use — and this is before he gets banished from Molympus and becomes the video's Big Bad) take the cake.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Everyone in his videos either groan, kill his in-game character or eat an apple that sends them all into a crater reaching bedrock whenever he makes an obvious pun.
- Magic Countdown: One part in A Plague Tale: Innocence has Slimecicle trying to slingshot the apples off the tree within ten seconds. Slimecicle's time to complete this task took 16 seconds, but the man who started this mini game acts like Slimecicle has beaten it within the countdown. Slimecicle then says that he's counting it in medieval times.
- Mundane Solution: Over the course of "Minecraft, but every 5 minutes there's a natural disaster", Jschlatt has been tormenting Slime and his friends with various natural disasters, fully playing into the Jerkass Gods trope in the process. So how does Slime ultimately kill him? He resets Jschlatt's game mode from creative to survival while he's flying over lava. Jschlatt falls in and dies.
- Mythology Gag: While whether this is intentional or not is yet to be seen, "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse" isn't the first time a character Wilbur Soot plays ends up committing suicide by blowing himself up (or at least, attempts to).
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: On Day 10 of "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", Charlie is attacked by both alligators and zombies after spending his night on top of a nerd-pole. Florida Man (played by Bizly) saves him in his pick-up truck. One of the new builds at the Survivors' base during the Distant Finale is a small pond filled with gators that is dubbed "The Gator Pit".
- Overly-Long Gag: After baiting Hugo into a trap for the rats, he slaps on a PRANK'D label and plays a few clips of various stock laughters. For nearly a minute.
- Patient Zero: In the credits of "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", Tommy is explicitly referred to as this, and was indeed the Patient Zero for the zombie virus.
- Pet the Dog: Literally. Slimecicle discovers you can pet a dog in A Plague Tale: Innocence, declaring this game to be good.
- Pungeon Master: Slimecicle is quite fond of his puns, much to the chagrin of everyone around him.
- Real After All: Wizzly the LARPer from "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse" is revealed to be an actual wizard who can cast spells.
- Rule of Three: Upon stumbling in one of the lab in the remake of Resident Evil 2, he finds three mutated body parts inside each tube and proceeds to make a pun out of it.Slimecicle: EYE've gotta HAND it to you. This experiment is really-
(He finds an indistinguishable body part)
Slimecicle: I don't know what the fuck that is.
- Sdrawkcab Name: On Day 10 of "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", after returning to the city for resources and befriending Florida Man, Charlie goes back to the house he built in the woods with Florida Man, only to find it struck and destroyed by an asteroid, which is a natural disaster with an astronomically low chance of happening. In his narration, Charlie calls himself "reverse Dream", or "Maerd", because of his absolute lack of luck.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: While the ending of "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse" looks to be a Bittersweet Ending, since Charlie sacrifices himself to stop the zombie apocalypse and his friends are doing well a year later, the LARPer starts another zombie apocalypse after Ronald Boo decries the whole thing as "all acting".
- Shotguns Are Just Better: In "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", The "Dealer"'s primary weapon against the zombie hordes is a shotgun.
- Shout-Out: On Day 18 of "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse", Charlie sings the line "In the eye of the hurricane, there are gators".
- Signature Instrument: The kazoo.
- Take That!:
- During his visit at the Luncheon Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey, he travels to the mini isles via Fireball Cappy and exclaims that the Overwatch community has its own island. Said island is called the Salt-Pile Isle.
- In "Inside the Mind of A Joker Player", Slimecicle is glad they went with Persona 5's Joker and not Jared Leto's Joker, as that would've been a real Leto down.Slimecicle: Does he always have Damaged tattooed onto his forehead? That's like really dumb.
- Teens Are Monsters: Tommy, or "Patient Zero" as he's known in the credits, in "We Spent 100 Days in a Hardcore Minecraft Apocalypse". First, he worked with a Mad Scientist, brought the zombie virus back into their world after travelling to another world, and thus kind of helped start this whole zombie apocalypse in the first place. Then, he sabotages Charlie's base and leads zombies into it. Though he practically begs to be locked up for doing so, he escapes, and returns on Day 95 and threatens Charlie that Day 100 would be the day the horde would be fully unleashed on him... and he does exactly that on Night 99 by summoning the Final Blood Moon with powered-up zombies (that he taught to do mathematics and speed-bridge), and when that fails, he tries to kill Charlie himself with his Blade on a Stick. It took Charlie sending both of them to the world where the zombies originated from, where Tommy didn't have invulnerability, to take him down.
- That Came Out Wrong: At the end of "Minecraft, but everything drops the wrong item", Slimecicle is so fed up with everything, he gives a speech that has some extremely unfortunate implications due to the date the video was recorded.
- Voice of the Legion: Jschlatt briefly has one during Minecraft, but every 5 minutes there's a natural disaster. It's actually genuinely unnerving, not helped by the background music... and then Slime gets dropped from orbit while a kazoo rendition of "Free Fallin'" plays. Still kind of creepy at the start, though.Jschlatt: Slime. Come to the water.
- Your Mom: One of the requested comments for Ridley during "Inside the Mind of a Ridley Player" featured this:Commentator: Do ridley or i'll down b your mom.