While he has different types of videos, he does have two main series:
- This is X. Slimecicle's regular and condensed playthrough of the game, commentating about it while spewing bad puns.
- Inside The Mind Of An X Player. A video where Slimecicle talks about his experience and thoughts of a player character he chose. Also contains bad puns. Originally features only Overwatch characters, but has been expanded to other games such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Apex Legends.
You can watch his videos here. He also has two other channels, Slmccl, which is his 2nd channel, and Just Roll With It, which is his podcast. The page for Just Roll With It can be found here. Outside of this, he is also a member of the Dream SMP and QSMP, where he plays characters of the same name. He's also part of a improv comedy channel called Sorry. For tropes related to Slimecicle Cinematic Universe, see its page here.
This punster and his videos feature the following tropes:
- Bait-and-Switch: During Cuphead's Perilous Piers level, Slimecicle panics as the octopus that's carrying Cuphead suddenly descends into the water. Slimecicle quickly makes Cuphead jump out of the octopus and tries to make it to the bridge. As Cuphead dashes barely towards the bridge, the video goes into slow motion while an excerpt of "Say Something" plays before cutting into black and Slimecicle whimpering, indicating Cuphead has missed the jump. Then, it cuts to Cuphead reaching the goal.Slimecicle: Nah, I made it though.
- Chaotic Stupid: Charlie can be this sometimes, like when he teleported every single entity (both players and mobs) in his Minecraft server to himself. Twice.
- At the ending of "Inside the Mind of an Ashe Player", a kazoo cover of ''Lifelight'' is being played. Eventually, "Inside the Mind of a Mario Player" is uploaded, signifying that this series will be expanded to other videos games.
- His Dead Space playthrough has some of the most comically blatant instances of this:
- When beats up the Unknown Horror Spiral in chapter 4: "The spiral of unknown horror will remember that."
- And when he stops it from dragging him away just minutes later: "The spiral of unknown horror will never cease its hunt."
- Gotta Catch Them All: The reason why Charlie went out to collect every slime in Slime Rancher 2.
- Hope Spot: In their first encounter the Unknown Horror Spiral lets go of Charlie...only to immediately return and crush him to death.
- Hurricane of Puns: Dear lord, yes! Almost every video will feature at least one pun. It's much easier to list the videos that don't have one.
- Hypocritical Humor: When Slime, Skip, and Failboat make it to the Nether in "Minecraft, but everything drops the wrong item", Slime shuts down Skip's idea of attacking a Zombie Pigman to see what they drop. Almost immediately after this and a Smash Cut...Slime: Oh fuck, is that a pigman, what the hell do those things drop? (attacks another Pigman, leading to the expected result)
- Kick the Dog: When Charlie brought Grace to accompany him on his mission to collect every slime in Slime Rancher 2, she asked to see the chicken he found, which she happily named French Toast. Charlie then proceeded to suck up French Toast and feed it to his slimes, much to Grace's horror.Charlie: (voice-over) I've never been happier than when French Toast died. Because when I gave up that COCK, I gave up my human soul too.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Everyone in his videos either groan, kill his in-game character or eat an apple that sends them all into a crater reaching bedrock whenever he makes an obvious pun.
- Left the Background Music On: Charlie is able to hear the Unknown Horror Spiral's theme music, which also acts as Book Ends: The first time he questions why music is playing before getting unexpectedly grabbed, whereas by the end of Dead Space he's so used to the occurance that upon hearing the music all he can utter is an exasperated "Oh no."
- Magical Incantation: This line at the end of "This is Resident Evil 2", which also supplies the trope's page quote:Charlie: Oh no...looks like I've gotta use my magic spell, ABRACADBRA ALLACABAUNCHER, I NOW HAVE A ROCKET LAUNCHER!
- Magic Countdown: One part in A Plague Tale: Innocence has Slimecicle trying to slingshot the apples off the tree within ten seconds. Slimecicle's time to complete this task took 16 seconds, but the man who started this mini game acts like Slimecicle has beaten it within the countdown. Slimecicle then says that he's counting it in medieval times.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: The Spiral of Unknown Horror / Unknown Horror Spiral.
- Overly Long Gag: After baiting Hugo into a trap for the rats, he slaps on a PRANK'D label and plays a few clips of various stock laughters. For nearly a minute.
- Poke the Poodle: In "This is Spider-Man", when he's Negative Spider-Man, Charlie states instead of stopping crime, he does the most horrendous, disgusting, appalling, awful crimes one can possibly think of: Exclusively Finger Gun!
- Pungeon Master: Slimecicle is quite fond of his puns, much to the chagrin of everyone around him.
- Real After All: The Mario dream in "I Beat Skyrim in VR with 500+ Mods" was revealed to be real twice: First when Charlie realized he was still dressed as Luigi after waking up, and then at the end when Mario enemies show up to help him fight Alduin.
- Reality Is Out to Lunch: Exploring the Ishimura somehow leads Charlie to a black void with a single white orb of light that throws him through multiple realities the moment he touches it before putting him back on the Ishimura. Yeah.
- Rhymes on a Dime: One of Slimecicle's specialties, second only to his Pungeon Master tendencies.
- Rule of Three: Upon stumbling in one of the lab in the remake of Resident Evil 2, he finds three mutated body parts inside each tube and proceeds to make a pun out of it.Slimecicle: EYE've gotta HAND it to you. This experiment is really-
(He finds an indistinguishable body part)
Slimecicle: I don't know what the fuck that is.
- Running Gag: The Unknown Horror Spiral and it singing its actions in his Dead Space playthrough.
- Signature Instrument: The kazoo.
- Stylistic Suck: "so yeah... im a gamer"
- Take That!:
- During his visit at the Luncheon Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey, he travels to the mini isles via Fireball Cappy and exclaims that the Overwatch community has its own island. Said island is called the Salt-Pile Isle.
- In "Inside the Mind of A Joker Player", Slimecicle is glad they went with Persona 5's Joker and not Jared Leto's Joker, as that would've been a real Leto down.Slimecicle: Does he always have Damaged tattooed onto his forehead? That's like really dumb.
- That Came Out Wrong: At the end of "Minecraft, but everything drops the wrong item", Slimecicle is so fed up with everything, he gives a speech that has some extremely unfortunate implications due to the date the video was recorded.Slimecicle: I pray for a day where I will be l- I will be able to look back, and I will be able to say "I don't remember what happened... on September 11th."
skipthetutorial: Oh, god...
Failboat: (laughs) Oh, no!
Slimecicle: Oh, shi-!
(video cuts off, black screen with caption saying "yikes")
- This line in "I Ruined The Scariest Game Ever Made" right before he finishes off the Leviathan:Charlie: I've got one more thing you can put in your mouth: MY SPECIAL FLAVOR! 'Kay could've phrase that better...
- This line in "I Ruined The Scariest Game Ever Made" right before he finishes off the Leviathan:
- Too Dumb to Live: There's many instances where Charlie will encounter a situation that will obviously get him killed where he will throw himself at it head first and get killed, though it's of course all played for comedic effect. There's too many instances to count, but some notable examples include:
- Running straight at a snake woman with low health as his "big plan" in Nioh 2.
- Using a live grenade as a bath bomb in Half-Life: Alyx.
- Intentionally jumping onto a moving fan without freezing it in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Jumping off a cliff to his death to mimick a fox frolicking away in Ghost of Tsushima.
- Flying straight into an active fanblade to grab loot immediately after insulting a Necromorph for doing the same thing in Dead Space (Remake).
- Your Mom: One of the requested comments for Ridley during "Inside the Mind of a Ridley Player" featured this:Commentator: Do ridley or i'll down b your mom.