- This Troper: Happens in episode 5.
1◊Darth Manchild here to ruin your day!.... and sell some seasonal lakefront property. I have invaded the vertical, the horizontal, the twilight zone and the whole hour of 60 minutes! BEHOLD The living embodiment of GIFT. How would you like it wrapped?
'Sir, please, could you not...'
SHUT UP, CHACHI! STOP IT! what kind of minion are you?
'I am a butler, hired by your father to keep a watch on you, a pathetic little man in his 20's who lives in the basement.'
'That is really not up to you, sir. Besides you say that at almost any aggravation. It really lost all meaning'
Don't make me call McNinja! I will
green purple red blue
Wow! Colors haven't worked in centuries! Time to unlock all those old pages!
COLOR POWER!!! COLOR POWER!!! COLOR POWER!!! Doesn't work.
- In the intro to the second part of the dating sim episode, MatPat gets a mail from Markiplier, then opens the pictures attached on it. The next scene shows two pictures from HuniePop with Mark's face placed over them, while MatPat looks for the Brain Bleach.
- The episode starts with Jake describing the new arc as wet and wild, which leads to a conversation on how a) things being described as anything wet is terrible, and b) how Jake describes almost anything he likes as wet.
Cassidy: This is where the wet and wild I was promised comes in!
- Gets a callback when Caiden accidentally says the photo he took of the girls is for his personal collection.
- Syd does her eyeliner with a knife, which is both metal and terrifyingly stupid.
- Tellie takes on different forms when it appears to each girl. For Chel it's a fox wearing sunglasses and with bikini tan lines.
- When Caiden takes the girls picture, Hannah tries to get out because she doesnt want to be seen with three losers, and Syd turns into a cryptid-style blur.
- Chel and Yuki try to invite Syd out for milkshakes.Yuki: Do you like milkshakes?
Syd: Uh, is the Pope Catholic?
Chel: Is he? *pulls out phone to check*
Yuki: *shoves Chels phone back in her pocket* Yes. Yes he is.
- Syds Suspiciously Specific Denial about previously living in a city in a state that exists.
- Syd pulls a knife on Tellie as soon as it appears.Syd: No sudden movements!
Tellie: Im a fox! All my movements are sudden!
- After Tellie appears, Caiden tells the girls theyre not allowed to have a cat in his familys diner, so the girls blame it on Syd being new. Syd isnt having it though.Syd: Hey, do I come in to your house and tell you where to put your animals? I dont!
Caiden: But you are in my place of employment
- Syd and Hannah tell Tellie that it looks like a cereal mascot, despite its protests that it serve an ancient and powerful deity.
002: Sequinox Sequence Pt. 2
- When Cassidy and Shannon hang out, apparently they either win Emmies or shut down Pokemon tournaments.
- The episode begins with Jake declaring that his southern accent for Chel is the best. Alan vehemently disagrees but Shannon and Cassidy are on his side.Alan: It was like being boiled alive in vitriol.
Shannon: There are two other southerners here, and we have Emmies, and we have a southern accent, so Im just saying
Cassidy: It was so good that my southern accent started to come out.
- Alan excitedly describes Yukis Transformation Sequence, but neglects to mention shes wearing a shirt. He gets met by a chorus of No shirt, titties out!Shannon: Its the real way to fight as a woman!
- Chel finds it disrespectful that Earth is the last planet that the stars targeted, even though if they had done it earlier they likely wouldve destroyed everything.
- Spring and Antares are both wielding whips, but Spring isnt as experienced.Josh: Its my first day with a whip.
Jake:You shouldve shown up with a nay-nay. Thank you! Ill be here all week!
Josh: Like the song!
Jake: Podcast is over, thank you. Josh had to shoot it in its crib. It was a baby infant joke, and Josh smothered it with a pillow. Congratulations Josh, the baby joke smotherer.
Josh: *Evil Laugh* Im the villain!
Jake: Im glad you got whipped.
- One Scorpie that gives the group continued trouble due to either high-powered attacks or dodging all of theirs eventually gets named Kevin by the players, who decide that he's a Punch-Clock Villain and try to finish the fight without killing him. They fail, but he gets mentioned several times throughout the story much to Chel's chagrin.
- Antares declares that she doesn't know how to count because numbers don't exist in space. This dumbfounds everyone.
- Thanks to Hannahs last attack, Antares is still covered in pollen when she returns to space.
Hannah: I did it! I ruined space!
** They then state that Springs pollen is magic and disappears after a few minutes, unless for story reasons or pettiness.Hannah: Oh, I can be petty with the best of them.
Chel: Im the best of them.
- When the group tries to give Tellie a snack, it avoids the food and eats the plate. Thus begins the wonderful saga of Tellie eating anything but food.
- This gets a call back when Tellie tells the girls it took a bite out of someones car, and they remember Caiden wrecking his car in an earlier episode.
- The Stinger is the end of an apparently excited conversation between the five about cheese before they started the episode proper. When Jake prompts Josh to start the episode he calls it the Cheese Kids Table.
003: Between a Rock and a Hard Place Pt. 1
- The preamble this time involves the five of them making fun of the Soundtrack Dissonance on Sailor Moons previously on segments, which usually involves happy music playing over scenes of death and destruction.
- Any time Chel goes out of her way to antagonize Hannah by making her hang out with unpopular kids.
- Chel believes that all street signs and traffic laws are just suggestions. As she tells this to her passengers, Yuki (who does not enter Chels car unless forced to) has a sudden extrasensory moment where shes glad she walked to school that day.
- Josh asking about Hannah's gym clothes.Josh: On a scale of 1-10, how good do the pants make my butt look?
Shannon: 10, it's a fantasy world.
- When Hannah hears that Chel is going to be one team captain for dodgeball, she demands that Harmony make her the other captain while declaring NON-NEGOTIABLE!
- Chel trying to assuage Yukis fears that theyre going to die.Syd: Thats just Plan B. We gotta have a Plan A.
Chel: Plan B, die violently. Plan A, win!
Hannah: Cant that be something closer than Plan O or Q?
Syd: Plan Q, die violently.
- Chel demanding to be able to hit Sargas with a chair, despite her actual magical powers being far more effective. Though to be fair she does manage to smack him around a little with it.
- Summer and Autumn awkwardly introduce themselves to Sargas, much to his surprise. Winter tries to say her In the Name of the Moon speech before Spring interrupts her. Then Summer wonders if Yukis reading it off of her app, since she cant find it in hers. Then Sargas cordially allows them to check their apps for a few minutes, commenting he doesnt mind waiting since hes an ageless undying star. So Summer decides to stab him to test that theory. Sargas keeps talking, saying how its nice to be humanized once in a while. And the whole while Autumn is being just as polite to him.
004: Between a Rock and a Hard Place Pt. 2
- Shannon states from character notes for Sargas: he has a nice garden, likes ice cream and the colour orange, and his strengths are his thighs and hair.
- The girls come up with a plan to freeze Sargas, then weaken him with fire, and then shatter him using Autumns powers. Vivaldi awkwardly points out that they never retreated and Sargas probably heard the entire plan.Syd: Hey burly man, did you hear any of that?
Sargas: Uh, yeah. Im a magic space rock.
Hannah: Do you think itll work?
Sargasl: Uh, I dont think so?
Jake: We got points when we started but we blew it on hitting people!
- Then they realize that nobody has the proper stats to pull a combination attack off.
- When they try to come up with a new plan they still havent moved, so Vivaldi awkwardly asks if he should just start playing louder to drown them out.
- When trying to figure out how to get Tellie out of the school without attracting unwanted attention (already a difficult task after the fight since they were missing for most of it their friends are looking for them), Tellie just runs down the hall shouting Im a talking fox! Dont look at me!
- It then realizes all the stuff it could eat in the school, and the girls realize Vivaldi had a good reason for telling it not to come into the building unless necessary.
- Yuki and Chel get into an argument about the latters driving skills. Chel argues that she must be fine because someone gave her a license. Yuki straight-up asks if that person was drunk.
005: First Strike Pt. 1
- The previously on segment gets derailed into the possibility that, if the team had followed Syds plan to go in the vents, they wouldve ran into Vivaldi and become a Human Centipede. Alan is suitably disturbed.
- Spring starts the episode covered in Scorpie goo after a fight. Winter, offers to freeze it off, then suggests Summer wash it off with her Misirlou Beach Blast. Summer agrees and does that before Spring can say anything, leading to the latter getting soaked through and her hair getting ruined.
- Vivaldi announces that he has an idea to contact Tellie quicker. Syd asks if its just teaching it to use a phone, but Vivaldi points out that Tellie would probably eat it.
Vivaldi: Im trying real hard to
- Vivaldi desperately trying to explain his idea while the four girls continuously derail the conversation, and after a good five minutes Winter asks if hes going to explain.
** And Alan points out that this is the kind of shenanigans he has to deal with all the time.
- Tellie doesnt like being summoned by the girls until they promise to give it treats when it does.
- Syd tells the group that shes never been to a fall festival, and that the only festivals they had in her old town was if they survived the winter. Shannon starts wondering if Syd comes from some sort of Mad Max-esque alternate world.
- Jake starts wondering if Chel can use her Sequinox magic to transform her car into a magical girl too, which leads to the mental image of all the Scorpies and the Star wondering where the girls are before they crash through them in Chels 2003 Pontiac Firefly with a magical girl ribbon on its rear bumper.
- Shannon almost says "car things" because she forgot the word for roads, and Allen starts hyperventilating. "I think I made him spring a leak."
- Tellie finally explains that the reason it always eats trash and inanimate objects is that its cleaning up the Earth. When Hannah asks why it ate her dress then, Tellie answers that it was trash.
- Yuki puts Tellie in her bag so that it can come to the Festival with them without attracting unwanted attention. Whenever it manages to stick its head out, Yuki slowly pushes it back in while Tellie gives a dramatic little noooo!. And whines about them being more boring than Vivaldi, who it refers to as the bird.
- Syd tells Yuki and Tellie that she knows how to throw and read chicken bones to tell fortunes. Tellie asks if she could do the same thing with a whole chicken, and Syd considers it.Tellie: I feel like it would be mean to take bones from chickens.
Syd: I mean, they dont need them where theyre going.
Chel: Where were going, we dont need bones!
- Yuki buys little glass sculptures for all the girls, including a bee for Hannah. Chel asks if its because shes a pain in the ass.
- When Alan talks about getting apple cider with whipped cream and crushed up red hots at Dollywood, Jake and Shannon agree that he should be arrested for food crimes. Though Jake does admit that the all-seeing all-knowing Dolly Parton is allowed to do anything she wants.
- Cassidy says that shes from the area, and Josh asks if shes from Dollywood itself. Cassidy tells him she was born on the roller coaster.
- The girls come across a group of children playing Sequinox. One of them, who turns out to be Caidens sister Gel, is clearly Spring on account of shes beating the other three with a stick. Hannah declares that that means shes winning.
- Second place goes to fall, who is just straight-up punching her friends.
006: First Strike, Pt. 2
- The episode opens with the group talking about the festivals theyve been to, and Cassidy complains that the one from her hometown no longer sells fried possum. Shannon asks her what cartoon world she comes from. Alan and Jake havent had that, but they have had three-squirrel pie.
- In contrast to Antares, Tellie does know numbers. There are at least five.
007: Inferno Pt. 1
- Syds mom is suspicious that her daughter knows exactly how to dispose of a broken fire alarm and considers talking to her teachers about her behaviour. Syd replies that theyd never believe her, which her mother accepts.
- Mrs. Diaz dresses as The Predator for Halloween, and ends up giving Yuki a Jump Scare.
- Shannon says that Tellie is dressed as a hotdog for Halloween, causing Alan to screech in delight.
- In this episode we discover that the one food Tellie will eat is Tootsie Rolls.
- Syds plan for figuring out Vivaldis secret identity is to start killing people, and when Vivaldi doesnt show up theyll know who it is.
Tellie: That sounds fake and Im from space.
- After the group hears Caiden complain of a smoke alarm going off in the morning, which also happened to the four of them, Syd jumps to the completely wrong conclusion: the Stars have taken over a fire alarm factory and sabotaged the main export.
- Shannon accidentally says lyrics similar to "Enter Sandman" while setting the scene, leading to a five-minute long Waxing Lyrical segment between the others.
- Despite the group being hidden behind a fence, Yuki insists on transforming in a dog house.
008: Inferno Pt. 2
- The episode begins with Jake insisting that Chel didnt kill Syd, Syd was killed with Chel!
- As Shannon describes a scene with Harmony, she accidentally says that a few of her dads are there. The others immediately take this and run with it, declaring Harmony to be a dad collector.
- Baby Harmonys terrible twos.
- Baby Caiden was a very messy boy.
- Harmony losing teeth: Im done with these.
- Harmonys first day of school, which she has scheduled down to the minute (including the heartfelt moments).
- Caroline teaching Ethan how to drive.
Filler 001: In the Meantime
- Shannons notes on Ethans character sheet she tweeted prior to this episode.
- The filler episode features Sequinox going to each members house to discuss their plans for fighting future constellations, only to declare that each house is a bad idea due to the antics of their families each time. Whats more, the decision to go to someone elses house happens faster and faster each time, to the point where when they get to Hannahs house she just declares that shes not letting anybody from that group inside and they jump to the next one.
- Also in the filler episode, the girls try to figure out what powers other constellations could have, and decide that Perseus will be easy because its just a guy.Hannah: Pisces is a fish.
Chel: But its double fish nunchucks!