* Paranoia Fuel: As mentioned on the Fridge.Wiki Sandbox page, some people might have bad intentions on this sandbox.
Hi Main/ is locked so I'm gonna put this here instead right now, fan fiction stuff, gonna completely revamp this crap-sack I had originally
Bl:oo<swap: Guess Who's Getting a Spinoff?
- Characterization Marches On: None of the Nepeta swaps really had that much characterization to speak of in their debuts in Sweet Jade and Hella John, except for Fuchsia being much more of a jackass than all the rest. Her interest in gold was still present, but Bl:oo<dswap considerably flanderized it.
- Deconstructive Parody: The main basis behind this concept is taking an idea that sounds flat-out stupid (First: what if all of the original trolls was replaced with a Nepeta in the same caste? Second: what if there was one for every single sign in the Extended Zodiac?) and treating it dead seriously, coming up with a coherant plot that
- Demoted to Extra:
- Not-too-surprisingly for the fandom, the exiles
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- The original concept for this came before the Extended Zodiac was revealed and indirectly killed off the idea of castes sharing the same signs, so back in Sweet Jade and Hella John, the Nepeta-swaps were all Leos of different colors. They were also just about identical save for the vision 8/2-fold and Rust being "half-ghost" (long-story)
- In SJAHJ and the original version, the swaps had their own distinct number motifs. This was dropped in the rewrite, where they are all associated with the number "3..." for the core-twelve, anyway.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: The final major Nepeta introduced in Chapter 1 is Pieces, who unlike the others, knows far more about her "copies" in her caste (since they're all heiresses competing for the throne at the exact same time, they'd find one-another out and notice). She's also much more of a jackass than any other Nepeta, even her own fellow fuchsias,
- Lighter and Softer:
- To Homestuck canon, to a degree.
- The story is this to its original version, especially when Fan posted an outline of how everything was originally supposed to go. Basically, John would have been Killed Off for Real, Roxy would have been driven insane by Lime/Cancer's mind-entry hauntings, Lime had those powers in the first place and was something of a Bill Cipher expy (with what "Cancer Nepeta" is like in the final draft, it's almost unthinkable that her prototype would be even half as cruel as she is)
- Running Gag:
- Pieces's extremely long cape, to the point where the exact place it ends and its exact length are both unknown. Not even Pieces herself knows its length or where the end is, but it extends all the way to the city. When she enters the Medium, for some reason the entry point only transports the mass of the cape that's actually within the bounds of her hive, so she could not take it to the Medium and measure it.
- Running Gagged:
- Hank Hill is in fact in this story — his troll counterpart appears as a poster that's shoved in a dumpster and lit on fire by some hiveless lowbloods, referencing both Great Pikmin Fan's habit of throwing Hank specifically and KOTH in general in his Homestuck works and how
- Spiritual Antithesis: To Run: .GIFocalypse, a similar story by the same author which also takes the concept of taking a previously-minor character and giving her a massive colorful army. That's where the similarities end: the two differ a lot in tone and
- The Unintelligible: Aries Nepeta is this twice-fold: her scarf makes her speech muffled much like Kenny, and even with it off, she speaks in an "East Alternian" accent much like Damara, which is written in "Google Translate Japanese." Other Nepetas can understand her perfectly even with the scarf on, except for Pieces, and the human players get a good grasp on what she's saying the more they've befriended her. Jaspersprite is also able to understand her perfectly, something even the other sprites struggle with. The joke is that you have to be a "True Cat Person" to understand Aries.