Just because this franchise is (mostly) about war and the consequences, grief and negative effects it brings, doesn't mean it can't hold its punches for some bouts of comedy.
Anime & Manga
- Mobile Suit Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
- Gundam ZZ
- Gundam Unicorn
- G Gundam
- Gundam Wing
- Gundam X
- ∀ Gundam
- Gundam SEED
- Gundam SEED Destiny
- Gundam SEED Astray
- Gundam 00
- Gundam AGE
- Gundam Build Fighters
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE
- Gundam: Reconguista in G
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury
Examples without their own pages
- Zeta Gundam:Bask: What was that tremor?Jamitov: It appears Lieutenant Emma is stealing the Gundams.
- Quattro finally gets around to announcing his true identity as Char Aznable. Kamille's response? "Hmph. Some secret..."
- Quattro asks Kamille what he thinks about Char Aznable. Kamille says he respected him but thinks of him as an idiot for fighting against the Zabi family on his own. Quattro's response? "You're pretty rational..."
- Quattro arranges a fight against Kamille to lure Neo Zeon's guard to call a doctor.
- Also, Kamille is angsting over Four's death when Shinta and Qum run out of the bathroom and chase each other around his legs... then a topless Fa steps out of the bathroom right in front of Kamille and immediately jumps back in after covering herself with a yelp. Afterwards, once Fa is in a bathrobe and herds the kids back into the bathroom, Kamille stays outside... and then experimentally peeks around the corner, only to find Fa still in her bathrobe and right in front of him.Fa: What are you looking at, mister?Kamille: Nothing! I was just wondering how the kids were doing, that's all!
- And as soon as her attention is elsewhere, he subtly looks down her bathrobe cleavage and promptly gets slapped for his trouble.Fa: Watch the eyes, mister!
- And as soon as her attention is elsewhere, he subtly looks down her bathrobe cleavage and promptly gets slapped for his trouble.
- The manga Mobile Suit vs. Giant God, a.k.a. Gundam vs. Ideon, contains a wonderful moment. Amuro and Judau are piloting a two-seater ZZ Gundam upgrade when they get ensnared by enemies with Gundam hammer-style weapons. Amuro's response? "Psycommu Arm!", followed by the Mega Zeta performing a Newtype-controlled Rocket Punch. Judau's reaction is priceless.
- Even Victory Gundam, Crapsack World that it is, manages a few of these:
Uso: "I'm just happy to be fighting alongside pretty ladies."Franny: "Oh? Then, which of us is the prettier lady? Answer me, Uso!"Uso: *adopts a "No way in hell am I answering that question" face*Franny and Miliera: "Answer us, Uso!"
- The League Militaire's plan for assaulting the Kill Sat Keilas Guelie: bombard it with low-level radiation that makes all the Zanscare personnel sick to their stomachs, distracting them in battle.
- The episode in which Uso has been captured by Zanscare. One of their female commanders decides to interrogate him... while in the bath. After a good deal of humorous struggling, he manages to escape, and spends most of the rest of the episode naked running away from Zanscare guards and piloting his way free.
- When Oliver and Marvet decide to marry, Uso is upset since he's had a Precocious Crush on Marvet most of the series. Teasing him, Marvet suggests that she should help Uso have a child, which causes Uso to go bright red and say that isn't what he meant. One of the Shrike girls then comments that Uso will find someone for himself in the future. Immediately after, Usso's best friend Shakti comes in. Uso looks at her, goes even redder, and runs away.
- In general, the Shrike Team has a lot of fun teasing Uso.
- Just the fact that, in the final battle, the White Ark is using baby Karl as a psychic radar to find Shakti is hilarious. There's one shot where Uso is actually holding him out as though he were a Shakti detector or something.
- Any shot of Brandas in a space suit. The poor dog just looks completely out of his element.
- Gundam 0083
- Just after Gato steals the GP-02, Kou takes the GP-01 and catches up to him, trying to stop him from escaping with the nuclear mecha. Upon learning that his opponent is just a rookie pilot, Gato goes into a full-blown lecture on a soldier's role in war and seeing the big picture, to which Kou instinctively responds "Yes, sir!" There's a pause as Gato processes what Kou just said and facepalms, then Gato yells, "I'm the ENEMY, you idiot!"
- Just this line: "Attention! Lieutenant Burning is royally pissed at you!"
- Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart gives us the B Gundam.
- The B Gundam requires more explanation: Umon was a Ball pilot at the Battle of Solomon, and for whatever reason put extra armor on his Ball before the fight... that was a perfect replica of the Gundam's faceplate. However, the Ball isn't designed for the extra weight, and this causes him to go tumbling around if he isn't concentrating perfectly on maneuvers. As if that isn't funny enough, the flying Gundam head first propagates a rumor among the Zeon forces that the Gundam has been destroyed (prompting Gato to abandon his guard post, and opening a hole in the defenses for Amuro to slip through), and then propagates a second rumor that there is a gigantic 40 meter tall Gundam running around that utterly terrifies the Zeon soldiers. And, through a combination of his enemies' confusion and sheer dumb luck, Umon manages to take down six Doms during the battle.
- Skull Heart also gave us the epically ridiculous battle between the Crossbone and a bunch of Newtype monkeys flying custom Zaku's. And Tobia finally defeats them by painting the Gundam's cloak yellow and inflating it with exhaust heat into a banana shape. It's just as silly as it sounds.
- The original Crossbone had another great one: Berah realizes someone is peeping on her in the shower and shouts romantic interest Kincade's name angrily. Standard anime stuff, except that Kincade, who is nearby for unrelated reasons, reacts with a startled and panicked "Yes ma'am?!" implying that it's the sort of thing he would do/has done before.
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack It happens in one scene but the moment where Char is attacking Amuro with two beam sabers. It was cool looking at first but then it just started flailing it's arms like it was too chubby to do anything else with them. It's just goofy looking.
- Gundam crossing over with Hello Kitty of all things!
- Even setting aside the inherent humor value of the idea of it, the ONA is absolutely hilarious. Haro calls Hello Kitty to come help Amuro across universes, which leads to a kaiju-sized Hello Kitty who can breathe in space appearing in front of the Gundam; the realistic consequences follows very quickly when Amuro is, at first, confused and annoyed by the Actual Pacifist Hello Kitty appearing in the middle of a war zone to befriend everyone and try and talk things through. Then Hello Kitty reveals that she has the power to turn Zeon suits into friendly SD Gundams... which causes Amuro to reevaluate his opinion of her to "Eldritch Abomination" and start running the fuck away in abject fear, telling her to get away from him. It's only when Hello Kitty is able to form a Newtype connection with Amuro that Amuro finally realizes that no, she's exactly on the level and not Cthulhu, and the ONA ends with them ready to take on Zeon together.