FeardotCom is a 2002 American/Luxembourgian horror film directed by William Malone and starring Stephen Dorff, Natascha McElhone and Stephen Rea, while Udo Kier and Jeffrey Combs appear in minor roles.
Four bodies are found in New York City. The coincidence? They all died 48 hours after logging on to a site named feardotcom.com. Tough detective Mike Reilly collaborates with Department of Health associate Terry Huston to research these mysterious deaths. The only way to find out though what really happened is to enter the site itself...
Tropes applying to Fear Dot Com:
- Asshole Victim: Pratt.
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: The notion of a female haemophiliac. Many critics dismissed the film as inaccurate as women can only carry the disease. Except women can contract the disease. It's unlikely, but not impossible and while most female sufferers are stillbirths, some do survive to adulthood. The More You Know.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: What the website features.
- Department of Redundancy Department: feardotcom.com
- Haunted Technology: The website was created by the ghost of one of the victims of Alistair Pratt.
- murder.com: The titular website, feardotcom.com.
- Serial Killer / Deadly Doctor: Alistair "The Doctor" Pratt.
- Too Dumb to Live: The man who goes directly into the path of the subway train.