Jean Edmond Dujardin (born 19 June 1972 in Rueil-Malmaison) is a French actor and comedian.
He began his career as a stand-up comedian in Paris before embracing an acting career, guest-starring in comedic television shows and skits, and eventually turned to starring roles in films.
While he usually plays Cringe Comedy and Idiot Hero parts in France, from his Star-Making Role of Jean/Loulou in the French version of Un gars, une fille to Brice de Nice and the OSS 117 spy fiction parody films, his international breakout with The Artist proved he's not limited to the comedy genre. The role of fallen silent film actor George Valentin won him considerable acclaim and numerous awards, the Academy Award for Best Actor most notably (the first ever for a male French actor).
- Lucky Luke film adaptations
- The Daltons (2004) as The Cowboy
- Lucky Luke (2009) as the eponymous character
- Brice de Nice as Brice Bertrand Agostini
- Sketches in the TV shows Graine de star and Nous Ç Nous
- Brice de Nice (2005 film)
- Brice 3 (2016) note
- OSS 117 as Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath / Agent OSS 117
- 99 Francs (2007) as Octave Parango
- The Artist (2011) as George Valentin
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) as Jean-Jacques Saurel
- The Connection (2014) note as Judge Pierre Michel
- The Monuments Men (2014) as Jean-Claude Clermont
- Return of the Hero (2018) as Captain Charles-Grégoire Neuville
- Deerskin (2019) as Georges
- An Officer and a Spy (2019) as Marie-Georges Picquart
- Présidents (2021) as President Nicolas
- The Danza: Jean in Un gars, une fille.
- Production Posse: He's starred in three films directed by Michel Hazanavicius.
- Real-Life Relative: He had a longtime love relation with his Un gars, une fille co-star Alexandra Lamy. It started in 2003, they married in 2009 and divorced in 2014.
- Star-Making Role: His Brice de Nice TV sketches and the role of Jean/Loulou in the French version of Un gars, une fille made him famous in France. The Artist was his international breakthrough.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Brice de Nice, Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath/OSS 117 and Octave Parango (99 Francs) are all jerkasses to various degrees, and Hilarity Ensues with their misadventures.