Michel Hazanavicius (born 29 March 1967) is a French film director, producer, screenwriter and actor of Polish Jewish descent.
He's married to French-Argentine actress Bérénice Bejo, and has cast her several times.
Some films he directed:
- La classe américaine (1993) aka Le grand Détournement — Trope Namer for Détournement
- OSS 117:
- The Artist (2011)
- Redoubtable (2017) — Biopic about Jean-Luc Godard.
- Le Prince oublié (2020)
- Final Cut (2022) — French remake of One Cut of the Dead.
Acting & voice acting roles:
- La Cité de la peur (1994) as Régis
- Didier (1997) as Fabrice
- Poirot (episode "Murder on the Orient Express", 2010) as Xavier Bouc
- Brave (2012, French dub) as the raven
Tropes & Trivia in his works:
- Production Posse: He has often worked with actor Jean Dujardin, his wife Bérénice Bejo, and composer Ludovic Bource.