Character sheet for Twisted Death. Beware of unmarked spoilers.
Brandon 'Beyond the Grave' Heat
Brandon is a necrolyzer (reanimated corpse) who works for Millennion. Despite having lost An Arm and a Leg, he's still a highly capable fighter and a valuable asset to the Mafia. Unlike in Betray Me Not, he now has gained a lot of respect thanks to his combat prowess.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Gives this to the kids (Mika and Nancy) sometimes.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lost his left arm and right leg near the end of the anime. Not that it ever stops him from being badass.
- An Axe to Grind: Brandon gets Bonehacker as his replacement weapon after losing Cerberus to Bernard and co. It ends up as his preferred weapon because he doesn't have to worry much about ammo and can kill a lot in a swing.
- Ax-Crazy: In his Super Mode. He enjoys nothing but torturing his foe, the standard drawback of a superior.
- Battle Aura: A crimson one after transforming into necrolyzer-superior hybrid.
- The Berserker: Will turn into one if Mika is hurt. Heck, after Mika is injured by Bernard's necrolyzers, he just gets even more savage.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Doesn't speak much, but once he snaps...
- Beware the Nice Ones: Brandon is a nice guy, especially towards kids, but never poke him the wrong way.
- Book Dumb: Absolutely hates books and text, but is really crafty in combats.
- Bring It: Mainly for Draw Aggro to protect his friends or angering his foes so that they make a wrong move.
- Brandon uses this to taunt Zach as a necrolyzer-superior hybrid.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Brandon may be a big and ripped warrior, but he is very kind and gentle to the kids. And very prone to Manly Tears and even Tender Tears.
- Covered with Scars: Missing his left eye, left arm, and right leg. There are also scars on the tip of his residual limbs as Dr. William stitches his wounds shut (more prominent on his leg, because it's once infected). Plus the gunshot scars all over his torso, which he receives from Harry's betrayal. They do not detract.
- Creepy Good: Brandon is an undead man for starters. Guess what? He's the hero, he fights to near death all for his family especially his precious little Mika, and he is extremely good with kids.
- Cutlass Between the Teeth: More like "gun" or "axe" between the teeth.
- Desperately Craves Affection: Although Brandon often feels like he doesn't deserve too much love, at the very core, he actually loves being loved. It's love that makes him a docile necrolyzer.
- Determinator: Never. Stops. Fighting. Or doing workouts. Despite all his injuries, including a totally shredded lung.
- Friend to All Children: Extremely good with kids, and he loves them so much. Sadly, this is deconstructed later on. To save Nancy from being pit against other necrolyzers in a tourney held by Gatou Gang, he chooses to kill her. It ends up shaking the relationship between Millennion and Gatou, and Biscoe ends up having to punish him just so that Gatou leader will keep their business partnership intact.
- Gentle Giant
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Fighting barehanded? No big deal. He grows up in the streets after all.
- Handicapped Badass: Holy crap. He's still extremely fit and ripped and strong despite his missing limbs! Not even a giant werewolf stands a chance against him.
- I Can Still Fight!: Much to everyone's chagrin. Injure him as badly as you can; he'll just get back at you until you're eliminated for disturbing his family.
- Mr. Fanservice: On chapter 22 his ripped physique is described as he does his workouts. Also, he has been bare-chested in a few of the illustrations, which just show off his beach body.
- Momma's Boy: Implied to be much closer to his mother.
- Papa Wolf: Suuuure... It's why Zach is actually afraid of hurting Mika, and upon learning that Bernard has hurt her in his Roaring Rampage of Revenge against William, he immediately cuts his ties with Bernard.
- Parental Substitute: To Mika, Nancy, and Nina.
- The Quiet One: Does not have a lot of dialogue. Mostly gestures.
- Rated M for Manly: He is a gunslinging, axe-wielding undead mobster to boot. And he has an incredibly ripped physique and his training regime is at least thirty times what a normal human can do.
- Sincerity Mode: Whenever he talks.
- The Stoic: On the surface and to people other than Mika and Millennion guys, at least.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Cold and stoic outside, but caring and gentle inside.
- Super Strength: His custom-made barbell weighs about two tons and it's still quite light for him. He can also lift an armored truck and throw it away. Pesky humans? He easily flicks them away like ants.
- Super Mode: The necrolyzer-superior hybrid.
- Super Toughness: Only necrolyzers can harm him. Humans need to at least have a weapon coated with flesh softener solution to deal real damage.
- Tummy Cushion: Being really huge, he can let Mika sleep on his torso.
- Unstoppable Rage: Many times, but the most memorable one is after William's Heroic Sacrifice. The sheer rage and grief make him transform into his Super Mode.
- Undying Loyalty: Very faithful to the people he loves, and he is willing to sacrifice whatever he has for them.
Mika is a girl who happens to be the posthumous child of Millennion's founder, Big Daddy. Since she's staying with Brandon, she often helps him with some duties he can't accomplish due to his loss of limbs.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Young and naive, but she often acts like she's all grown up. Usually when it comes to defending Brandon or Albert.
- All-Loving Heroine: Cares a lot for other people. It extends to someone she just knows.
- Berserk Button: Letting her see Norton is the quickest way to make her explode, mainly because Norton is never pleasant to Brandon.
- Cheerful Child
- Children Are Innocent: All Mika's actions are driven by her love to Brandon, which is why there are times her decisions aren't always the best.
- Daddy's Girl: Extremely close to Brandon and even consider him as a father she has never had.
- Handy Helper: Helps Brandon take a bath so that he won't have to use his teeth to handle the sponge.
- Living Emotional Crutch: To Brandon.
- Mama Bear: Inverted. Mika is a child, but she won't hesitate to scold Biscoe and Norton and other Millennion agents when they're being unpleasant to Brandon. When Brandon is in difficult circumstances, she's always ready to help him.
- Morality Pet: To Brandon in spades. It's her love to him that makes him extremely faithful to Millennion and especially Mika herself. It's also implied that her love is why Brandon ends up very good with kids.
- Nice Girl: Naive and overall kind-hearted kid.
- Parental Abandonment: Her father was murdered before she was born, and her mother committed a Heroic Sacrifice to enable her to reach Brandon, who becomes her Parental Substitute.
- Royal Blood: Mika is the rightful heir of Millennion, which is why she has some authority in the organization. She'll take advantage of it if it's necessary to help Brandon. Or Albert to some degree.
- Royal Brat: Mainly towards those who aren't pleasant to Brandon.
- Undying Loyalty: More like love, but Mika always steadfastly stays by Brandon's side. It's reciprocated, fortunately.