Spoilers are unmarked.
An elite guild of Arkn and Dekn warriors, dedicated to tracking down and dispatching special threats to their respective sides in the War — particularly defectors, illegal half-breeds, and the Arknangels.
- Anti-Heroes: They veer between this and Well Intentioned Extremists.
- The Dreaded: The Arkn and Dekn alike fear and respect them.
- In-Series Nickname: Their members are known as Valks.
- Magic Knight: The Arkn members who are admitted into the group must be both skilled warriors and powerful magi.
- Professional Killers: The Valks function as this, taking out defectors and other threats to the Arkn and Dekn whenever they crop up.
- The Spartan Way: Valk training begins as soon as a child shows powerful magical potential (which can happen as young as eight years old), and is hinted to be brutal.
Valkyrius Thorm, né Persophelus Valkyr
The Leader of the Assassins. Valkyr started out as one of the original neutral Arkn, but eventually became too radical to be considered as such. In order to maintain his neutrality, Valkyr joined up with Vine, who allowed him into the Persophelums. This lasted until after the creation of Nexia and the introduction of the first defector, Imperious. Valkyr found the idea of defection disgusting; he left the Persophelums, vowing to rid the Nexia of Imperious and his followers. This led to the establishment of the Valkyrium, dedicated to hunting down Defectors. Valkyr changed his name to Valkyrius Thorm as a reflection of his new station.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Valkyrius Thorm. Definitely badass.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: While Raph is imprisoned, he muzzles him, cuts and slices him all over his body with a circular knife (in addition to numerous other untold tortures), takes out one of his eyes, and at one point slits his throat.
- Exalted Torturer
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: If you're not immediately killed after he finds you, expect to endure this at his hands. When Raphael was subjected to his "methods", he semi-permanently lost an eye, had his throat slit (fatally), and states that he was "broken" multiple times. Mentally and physically.
- Knight Templar: He founded the Valks with the intention of wiping out all defectors (and other traitors), finding betrayal to be utterly reprehensible.
- True Neutral: He tried to remain this in the Arkn-Dekn conflict, even joining up with the Persophelums in an effort to maintain his neutrality.
The Head Operator of the Valkyrium, and the group's most powerful Arkn member. He is a legendary hunter of defectors, highly skilled in the magick of telekinesis (so much so that he can allegedly snap a target's neck from a realm away).
- Affectionate Parody: Of edgy Anti-Hero characters.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: It doesn't get much cooler than "Maalformius Darkrage".
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: He's a deadly, armored psychic assassin who can (allegedly) snap your neck from another dimension — and he adores children. He also seems to have and a weakness for helping the lost and exploited: his servant (and possible lover) is an Entraphicnote whom he rescued from an M.E.E.C. research ship, and he agrees to take in Lilis and the infant Seraphina after they've been turned away everywhere else. (Note that Lilis was a Dekn who, until VERY recently, had worked for The Carver.)
- Chainsaw Good: Of a sort: his signature weapon is a pair of chain-bladed katanas which strongly resembles chainsaws. No More Truths even says he "revs" them in battle.
- Characterization Marches On: He was originally conceived as a parody of Darker and Edgier characters (with a name to match). Over time, however, various writers fleshed out his backstory and personality, giving him a family, a more nuanced backstory, and a fondness for children.
- Friend in the Black Market: In the Elysium underworld, he's known as Rexf'orum: the King of the Black Market.
- Friend to All Children: Maal has a surprisingly tender side, and dearly loves children. In Sarah Kestler Isn't Dead, he asks Lilis if he can hold the baby Seraphina, because his son is long grown and he misses having an infant to hold.
- Glowing Eyes: He has these when in smoke from. Often doubles with Glowing Eyes of Doom.
- Hidden Depths: He's a highly-skilled assassin, yes, but he also happens to be a skilled trader, very good with children.
- Informed Attribute: He's touted as one of the most fearsome warriors and mages to have ever lived; however, we've yet to see him use a single one of his acclaimed skills. (On top of that, we only see him take on one being in a fight — and he loses.)
- Memetic Badass: In-universe example.
- Psychic Powers: Maal has mastered a rare form of telekinetic magick that enables him to attack his enemies psychically from a great distance.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When he's in his smoke form, his eyes glow red.
- Super Smoke: He occasionally takes the form of a smoke creature.
- Terror Hero: Maal deliberately adopts the most terrifying, intimidating appearance possible.
- Razor Wings: His wings, like the rest of his body, are armored, turning each feather razor-sharp.
Formerly a Dekn assassin under Emperor Hash'bor'kanibal, Lilis discovered the infant Seraphina just outside the Infernous and fled with her. Defecting from the Dekn, she was accepted into the Valkyrium, where she also became Seraphina's adoptive mother.
- Action Girl: Before her defection, she was an assassin for the Dekn Emperor; afterwards, she becomes a Valk.
- Animal Eye Spy: Lilis can see through the eyes of her conjured snakes, using their infrared vision to spot distant and hidden enemies.
- The Beastmaster: She can conjure and command small predator animals, including an owl (which she uses to fetch items) and black snakes (who help her spot hidden enemies and consume their bodies after she dispatches them).
- Doting Parent: In all of her scenes with Seraphina.
- HeelFace Turn: In the eyes of the Arkn, she pulled one when she disobeyed her boss and rescued the infant Seraphina (a member of the royal family) from the Infernous, going from being one of The Carvers top assassins to a Valk (and the adoptive mother of one of their most powerful members).
- Horn Attack: While fighting off an Arkn street gang, she stops their leader by headbutting him, fatally goring him with her horns.
- Put on a Bus: Due to the blog being cancelled, her fate is never revealed.
- Summon Magic: She can summon snakes and owls to do her bidding.
The youngest child (and only daughter) of King Uriel and an unknown mother, Seraphina was conceived in the Infernous during Uriel's imprisonment. She was raised by Lilis under the watchful eyes of the Valkyrium, and rose quickly through their ranks, becoming a skilled assassin, fighter, and magi. She is fiercely loyal to the Arkn, and loathes all those who betray their cause — including her own father and brother. Seraphina was prophesied to be the seventh Arknza, described as "a daughter, sent to Hell" (or alternately, "a daughter, born of Hell"). However, for reasons unknown, that position ends up being filled by her brother, Ellpagg.
- Action Girl: You'd expect anything less from a Valk?
- Archnemesis Dad: Split between Uriel and her brother.
- Being Human Sucks: Seraphina is not impressed by her first stint inside the body of her human counterpart. (Namely, she notes how weak and frail the human body is.)
- Cold Sniper: Nothing stands between her and her target.
- Doorstop Baby: Averted; rather than simply abandoning Seraphina as an infant, Lilis actively tried to find a place where she knew she would be looked after cared for. (Eventually, both Lilis and Seraphina were taken in by the Valkyrium.)
- Happily Adopted: By Lilis.
- Happily Married: To Alex Winter (if she and Sarah did indeed converge).
- Humanity Ensues: Hinted at: it's stated in the final episode of MedBoy789 that Sarah Kestler — Seraphina's human counterpart — unlocks and learns to wield the power of her Arkn blood; normally, this only happens in full when a human Arknza converges with their Guardian Arkn, hinting that the two of them probably underwent their own convergence.
- It's Personal: She takes Uriel and Ellpagg's betrayal of the Arkn very personally — so much that her hatred of them spurned her to hone her skills as an assassin (and, when she came of age, to take on a mission to snipe her own father).
- Little Miss Badass: Her magickal abilities were developed enough to be recognized at a young age — enough so that she took the mark of Unie'ndis (the mark worn by all magic users) and began her training at eight years old.
- Missed the Call: Everything about Seraphina points to her being one of the seven Arknangels: she's the daughter of Uriel, she was conceived via the Infernous, possesses Hethian blood, and explicitly identifies herself as an Arknza; not only does the prophecy of the Seven describe one of the Arknza as a daughter born of hell (or sent to hell), but Emmanuel's writings make mention of her being present at the final battle of his universe, and fighting alongside the rest of the prophesied Arknangels. When the Battle of the Arknza arrives, Seraphina is nowhere to be found, her role in the prophecy inexplicably filled by Ellpagg. However, it's hinted that Seraphina converges with her human counterpart (who is married to Alex Winter) and takes the fight to the human realm during the End Times.
- Missing Mom: Seraphina states in one journal entry that she has never met her mother. She admits that she hardly ever thinks about her, let alone misses her. (Unbeknownst to her, she doesn't actually have one, with Uriel being solely responsible for her birth.)
- Put on a Bus: Due to her creator leaving the franchise, the character was unfortunately written out of the Arknthology. She did, however, receive some closure in the final episode of MedBoy789, where it's revealed that she helped fight the Dekn in the human realm during the End Times, and eventually converged with Sarah, who was married to Alex. (However, it's never explained why she failed to join the Arknza in the final battle.)
- Storyboard Body: Much of her body is covered by tattoos of alchemical and nature symbols, which (when viewed from a distance) form the image of a dragon. Her blog confirms that she got them to cover up her battle scars. (Don't ask her about either one.)
- Tomato in the Mirror: Seraphina eventually discovers that she is an Arknza — one of the very beings she'd sworn to help assassinate.