Emilia Camp (Subaru Natsuki) | Priscilla Camp | Crusch Camp | Anastasia Camp | Witch Cult | Witches of Sin | Other Characters | Historical Characters | The Prophecy of the Throne
Theresia van Astrea
Voiced by: Minami Takahashi (Japanese), Xanthe Huynh (English)
The previous generation's Sword Saint and one of the heroes who ended the Demi-human War 40 years ago. She was Wilhelm's wife and Reinhard's grandmother.
- Action Girl: She was an incredible swordswoman and is known as a legendary warrior to this day.
- Back from the Dead: In the fifth arc, she is revived by the Witch's Cult. Wilhelm faces off with her, attempting to bring her back to rest.
- Badass Adorable: She's beautiful and deadly at the same time.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: Did this against Wilhelm in the past with ease, demonstrating her perfect affinity with swords.
- Big Damn Heroes: She saves Wilhelm from being killed, slaughtering countless enemies with ease in the process.
- Blessed with Suck: While she was easily the strongest swordsman of her time, she never wanted that lifestyle, with the duty being mostly forced upon her due to her blessings and her lineage. She also has a blessing that makes all wounds she inflicts impossible to heal, which is dangerous as it will even be applied to accidentally injuring someone.
- Born Winner: As she inherited the Sword Saint blessings despite having qualms with it.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She does this to Wilhelm. She also crushed the Demi-humans single-handedly in the Demi-human war 40 years prior to the events of the story.
- Flower Motifs: Yellow daisies remind her husband of her. She loved flowers and the two met while near a field of daisies.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wore her hair in twin tails in her casual attire.
- Girly Bruiser: She was so powerful with the sword that she could easily kill her opponents with a single attack. She also liked to wear pretty dresses and loved flowers more than anything.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: She never wished to become the Sword Saint; she only wanted to live like a normal girl.
- Irony: Before she dies for good during Arc 5, she wished that her family would reconcile, especially Wilhelm and Reinhard. Her second death broke their family further.
- The Lost Lenore: Her husband hasn't gotten over her death. This is what fuels his desire for revenge against the White Whale and the reason his relationship with Reinhard is strained.
- Master Swordswoman: She was the Sword Saint, whose blessings made her the strongest swordsman of her time.
- Nice Girl: She had an open and caring personality where she puts the concerns of others over herself. In fact, prior to her death, she wished for Reinhard and Willhelm to reconcile.
- One-Hit Kill: When she inherited the Sword Saint blessing, it included the Blessing of the Death God where wounds she inflicts can be fatal.
- One-Woman Army: Due to her Sword Saint Powers, she could easily take down an entire army by herself.
- Posthumous Character: She died fourteen years before the start of the main storyline and we only get to know her through her husband's flashbacks.
- Rapunzel Hair: Long red hair that reached down her hips.
- Resigned to the Call: All she wanted to do is live like a normal girl, and yet she was given the Sword Saint's blessings, resigning her to a life of fighting.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Red-haired, and a sweet young woman.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: She wore a ponytail during battle.
- The Von Trope Family: Her family name is van Astrea.
- Waif-Fu: Her fighting style involved as many acrobatic flips and graceful twirls as horrendously powerful strikes.
- World's Best Warrior: As her generation's Sword Saint, she was known as the most powerful swordsman of her time.
- Wound That Will Not Heal: Why she hates her powers is because she can inflict these. Even scratches made by her will not heal, making every contact with her lethal.
KurganA member of a race of giant multi-armed people. He was War Hero in Vollachia Empire and the strongest Knight whom Wilhelm fought 20 years ago to settle a territorial dispute. He was later killed by Regulus in one of Vollachia's trade fort cities, Garkla.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: He has blue skin.
- An Arm and a Leg: The result of his duel with Wilhelm left him with only two of his eight arms. Ouch.
- Back from the Dead: He is brought back as a puppet under Pandora's control along with Theaseia.
- BFS: Carries two twin Greatswords.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Kurgan had eight arms which are known in his race for being particularly special. He ends up losing six of them in his duel with Wilhelm.
- Red Baron: "Kurgan of the Eight Arms".
Reid AstreaThe original Sword Saint who helped seal Satella 400 years ago and the ancestor of the Astrea family lineage. He's a rough, frank, arrogant & rather lecherous person who is hard to get along with but he is not a completely bad person.
- Dirty Old Man: Doesn't attempt to hide it towards Emilia and Anastasia.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one on his right eye. It should be noted that there is nothing wrong with his right eye.
- Improbable Weapon User: During a trial in Arc 6 he duels and handily beat both Julius and Anastasia with... nothing but a pair of chopsticks.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his rough nature and almost barbarian like manner there is some good in him.
- Lightning Bruiser: An incredible swordsman with inhuman strength & skill. Whether one comes at him with magic or martial prowess matter not, he can defeat most just the same.
- No Hero to His Valet: While famous to most people for sealing Satella, Shaula considers him to be human trash who liked to bully people.
- Red Baron: Known as the first historical Sword Saint & the 2nd strongest to exist, only surpassed by Reinhard.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: Gets eaten by Roy Alphard. However, instead of Roy being able to possess Reid's abilities, Reid ends up possessing him and essentially resurrects himself from the dead.
- World's Strongest Man: In his time he reached the peak state of swordsmanship & martial arts known as "Heavenly Sword" which was his other title.
FlugelThe Great Sage who helped seal Satella 400 years ago along with the Dragon and Sword Saint.
VolcanicaThe dragon who helped seal Satella 400 years ago with Reid, Flugel & Shaula.
- Dragons Are Divine: Volcania is an extremely powerful dragon. He's deified in Luguinca as the country's guardian deity who has bestowed blessings on the land and gifts to its people that has brought the nation prosperity for centuries. The decline of the royal family statesmanship for several generations has lead people to look to him as the true ruler of Luginica. His very presence can instinctively compel others to kneel before him and his blood has powerful restorative properties that can create miracles like curing famine or breaking powerful curses and magic afflictions.
- Living Legend: To the citizens of Lugunica for sealing away Satella and establishing the covenant with Farsale Lugunica which has protected and supported the kingdom until the death of the royal bloodline.
- Red Baron: "The Divine Dragon"
ShaulaThe disciple of Flugel as well as the Sage. She was a key figure in sealing away Satella 400 years ago.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Shaula has a built-in program that forces her to maintain the rules of the Pleiades Watchtower even if it would be detrimental to her own interests and those of her friends.
- The Aloner: Guarded the Pleiades Watchtower for 400 years, with her only interaction being the Witch Cult members that she has to kill every so often.
- Ancient Keeper: She watches over the Pleiades Watchtower and maintains the trial there.
- Bare Your Midriff: She wears a bikini top and shorts, leaving her midsection exposed.
- Braids of Action: She ties her hair back in a braid. It's meant to resemble a scorpion tail.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite acting as frivolous as Subaru, Shaula holds the answers to many ancient mysteries.
- Cannot Tell a Lie: She cannot tell a lie, but that won't stop her from keeping certain pieces of information to herself.
- Character Tics: She tends to talk using a lot of modern words. She is noted to talk and pose similarly to Subaru.
- Fake Ultimate Hero: Turns out Flugel had left all his accomplishments and his title to her while he disappeared somewhere, leaving scant traces of his own existence.
- Girly Bruiser: She has incredible physical strength despite her looks. At one point in Arc 6, she carried a Dragon Carriage and its Land Dragon down to the 6th floor of the Pleiades Watchtower for storage.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: After turning into her scorpion form, Shaula can't even kill herself to stop rule breakers even if she wanted to.
- Magic Librarian: Shaula is the caretaker of Flugel's library.
- Metaphorically True: Though she won't tell a lie, she won't give the whole truth. This can be seen how she doesn't explain that there are actually 5 rules for the Pleiades Watchtower.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She's constantly hugging (or attempting to) Subaru almost anytime she sees him. Even tries to steal a kiss from him during his amnesiac episode.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her braid reaches past her back.
- Scary Scorpions: Any time a rule of the tower is broken, Shaula can transform herself into a colossal scorpion. In this form, she can fire stingers at people with tremendous speed, as well as giving her the ability to attack people with her pincers. In addition, she can detach her tail and use it as a detonator device.
- Space Master: Shaula has shown the ability to manipulate space such as when she sent Subaru and his group to separate locations by distorting space.
- Stellar Name: Shaula, also known as Lambda Scorpii, is the second-brightest star in the southern constellation Scorpius.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: She goes around wearing a black bikini top.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: She wears hot pants.