Emilia Camp (Subaru Natsuki) | Priscilla Camp | Crusch Camp | Anastasia Camp | Witch Cult | Witches of Sin | Other Characters | Historical Characters
Thearesia van Astrea
Voiced by: Minami Takahashi (Japanese), Xanthe Huynh (English)
The previous generation's Sword Saint and one of heroes who ended the Demi-human War 40 years ago. She was Wilhelm's wife and Reinhard's grandmother.
- Action Girl: She was an incredible swordswoman and is known as a legendary warrior to this day.
- Back from the Dead: In the fifth arc, she is revived by the Witch's Cult. Wilhelm faces off with her, attempting to bring her back to rest.
- Badass Adorable: She's beautiful and deadly at the same time.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: Did this against Wilhelm in the past with ease, demonstrating her perfect affinity with swords.
- Big Damn Heroes: She saves Wilhelm from being killed, slaughtering countless enemies with ease in the process.
- Blessed with Suck: While she was easily the strongest swordsman of her time, she never wanted that lifestyle, with the duty being mostly forced upon her due to her blessings and her lineage. She also has a blessing that makes all wounds she inflicts impossible to heal, which is dangerous as it will even be applied to accidentally injuring someone.
- Born Winner: As she inherited the Sword Saint blessings despite having qualms with it.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She does this to Wilhelm. She also crushed the Demi-humans single-handedly in the Demi-human war 40 years prior to the events of the story.
- Flower in Her Hair: She wore small rose ornaments in her twintails.
- Flower Motifs: Yellow daisies remind her husband of her. She loved flowers and the two met while near a field of daisies.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wore her hair in twintails in her casual attire.
- Girly Bruiser: She was so powerful with the sword that she could easily kill her opponents with a single attack. She also liked to wear pretty dresses and loved flowers more than anything.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: She never wished to become the Sword Saint; she only wanted live like a normal girl.
- Irony: Before she dies for good during Arc 5, she wished that her family would reconcile, especially Wilhelm and Reinhard. It broke their family further.
- The Lost Lenore: Her husband hasn't gotten over her death. This is what fuels his desire for revenge against the White Whale and the reason his relationship with Reinhard is strained.
- Master Swordswoman: She was the Sword Saint, whose blessings made her the strongest swordsman of her time.
- Nice Girl: She has an open and caring personality where she puts concerns on others over herself. In fact, prior to her death, she wished for Reinhard and Willhelm to reconcile.
- One-Hit Kill: When she inherited the Sword Saint blessing, it included the Blessing of the Death God where wounds she inflicts can be fatal.
- One-Woman Army: Due to her Sword Saint Powers, she could easily take down an entire army by herself.
- Posthumous Character: She died fourteen years before the start of the main storyline and we only get to know her through her husband's flashbacks.
- Rapunzel Hair: Long red hair that reached down her hips.
- Resigned to the Call: All she wanted to do is live like a normal girl, and yet she was given the Sword Saint's blessings, resigning her to a life of fighting.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Red-haired, and a sweet young woman.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: She wore a ponytail during battle.
- The Von Trope Family: Her family name is van Astrea.
- Waif-Fu: Her fighting style involved as many acrobatic flips and graceful twirls as horrendously powerful strikes.
- World's Best Warrior: As her generation's Sword Saint, she was known as the most powerful swordsman of her time.
- Wound That Will Not Heal: Why she hates her powers is because she can inflict these. Even scratches made by her will not heal, making every contact with her lethal.
Reid AstreaThe original Sword Saint who helped seal Satella 400 years ago and the ancestor of the Astrea family lineage.
- Dirty Old Man: Doesn't attempt hide it towards Emilia and Anastasia.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one on his right eye.
- Improbable Weapon User: During a trial in Arc 6 he duels and handily beat both Julius and Anastasia with... nothing but a pair of chopsticks.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his rough nature and almost barbarian like manner there is some good in him.
- No Hero to His Valet: While famous to most people for sealing Satella, Shaula considers him to be human trash who liked to bully people.
FlugelThe Great Sage who helped seal Satella 400 years ago along with the Dragon and Sword Saint.
VolcanicaThe dragon who helped seal Satella 400 years ago as well as found Lugunica.
- Founder of the Kingdom: Helped found Lugunica as part of a contract with the first king.
- Living Legend: To the citizens of Lugunica for founding their country as well as sealing away Satella.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Volcania is an extremely powerful dragon that is smart enough to communicate with other species as well as the founder of Lugunica. As such, he is referred to as "The Dragon", with lesser dragons worthy of being eaten.
ShaulaThe disciple of the Flugel as well as the Sage. She was a key figure in sealing away Satella 400 years ago.
KurganA member of a race of giant multi-armed people. He was War Hero in Vollachia Empire and it's strongest Knight whom Wilhelm fought 20 years ago to settle a territorial dispute. He was later killed by Regulus in one of Vollachia's trade fort cities Garkla.
- An Arm and a Leg: The result of his duel with Wilhelm left him with only two of his eight arms. Ouch.
- Back from the Dead: He is brought back as puppet under Pandora's control along with Theaseia.
- BFS: Carries two twin Greatswords.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Kurgan has eight arms which are known in his race for being particular special.
- Red Baron: "Kurgan of the Eight Arms".