open/close all folders
The fourth Sharen daughter, little is known about her except that she was heavily involved in the Nidraa'chal fighting, lost most of her family and became tainted during the War. Her affinity is with fire.
- The Atoner: After the timeskip, it's confirmed that she feels this way, and felt that what she did was the best way to protect everyone.
- Batman Gambit: She doesn't attack Snadhya'rune right away because she knows Snadhya'rune will want to charm or gloat if she is able, allowing Nishi'kanta to spring her ambush before Snadhya'rune can unleash hers.
- Bystander Syndrome: And at the worst possible time. While Sil'lice had her hands full with Mae, Bae, Sae, and Mel she simply stood aside and let Sho'dun blast Sil'lice out of the room with pressure sorcery, and by her own admission "withdrew," letting them all escape.
- Chekhov M.I.A.: After the timeskip, she went missing and no-one seemed to know where to, though we later find her meeting up with Sil'lice outside Mimaneid.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Her hair is yellow, but after the timeskip it's grown out enough that it's obvious it was dyed. It makes her resemble Shiori, the queen of one of the dokkalfar nations seen in the Goddess Knight Story.
- The Dog Bites Back: She quietly surrendered and toed the Sharen party line after the betrayal to preserve what was left of her bloodline, but after the timeskip, her family gets its revenge against Sarv'swati by sabotaging the defences of First Landing, allowing the Sarghress to conquer the Sharen's gate to the outside world.
- Elemental Eye Colors: Before she was tainted she had orange eyes that tied in with her fire affinity.
- Emotionless Girl: Post-tainting; it's unknown what she was like before.
- The Engineer: Her specialty compared to her sisters.
- Four Is Death: She's the fourth daughter, and has the worst luck of all of them. Besides being forcibly tainted during the War, itself a Mind Rape, she lost most of her family, and some of the survivors are Sate'ja, whose brain was fried by Faen and later turned into a summon and devoured by Naal's awakened glutton demon and Ni'bai, whose twin sister is now a demon and is with the Vloz'ress.
- I Did What I Had to Do: How she explains her acquiescence to her sisters after the war, though she did manage to passively fight back before she outright ran off post-timeskip.
- In the Hood: So far all of the outfits she's been seen in have this as a feature.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Was the only other sister besides Sil'lice not part of the Nidraa'chal plot. Unlike Sil'lice, she also had no idea who Kalki was, whereas Sil'lice knew her well enough to recognize her on sight.
- Out of Focus: Has received the least amount of screentime of her siblings save Ashu'athama.
- Personality Powers: Inverted with her and Sil'lice, since despite being the one with the fire affinity Nishi'kanta was apparently the more level-headed one.
- Playing with Fire: Though she's never actually been shown using it to any degree yet.
- Simple, yet Awesome: What's her grand plan when faced with giant Snad Floor dragon after her metal-earth eating golem is disabled? Using a makeshif Earth foci to get down the "dragon's gullet" and bashing Snad upside the head with a rock until Snad's brains see the light of day.
- Spanner in the Works: Immediately following the war she's shown to be silently furious with her three tainted sisters and their coup. She informed Sil'lice about their treachery in a roundabout way and then Mikilu after the latter has a freakout about her own situation, advising both to make their escape while they still could. Whether or not Snadhya'rune, Sarv'swati or Zala'ess knew about Nishi'kanta's actions has not been stated. Later she sent several members of her bloodline to sabotage the automated defenses of a Sharen-held fortress (which directly resulted in said fortress falling under Sarghress control). Then she appeared outside Mimaneid with Sil'lice to coordinate the attack on Felde with the Kavakini, and was later seen returning to the Sarghress alongside Sil'lice after the attack on Felde failed.
- Trauma Conga Line: The Nidraa'Chal War involved most of her bloodline being wiped out, Nishi herself being forcibly tainted, finding out that the real culprits were her own sisters, who she believed had already killed their mother by the time they forced her to join them and then almost being attacked by Sil'lice.
- Unwitting Pawn: To her sisters.
- Wild Card: After going missing after the timeskip, Nishi'kanta's plans are completely unknown compared to her sisters', though we do know she's coordinating her efforts with Sil'lice.
A teacher at Orthorbbae and a Sharen of Nishi'kanta's bloodline, she fell victim to Faen's Power Incontinence.
- A Fate Worse Than Death: Thrice! First Faen fried her brain, causing Chrys'tel to essentially quote the trope name, then she was turned into a summon, likely against her will, and then she was absorbed by Naal's awakened glutton demon. Damn.
- Body Horror: See A Fate Worse Than Death.
- Empty Shell: What Faen's attack seems to have done to her, but she recovered. Not.
- Karmic Death: Stabs Naal, but then gets curb stomped by her since it caused her seed to fully awaken.
- Kill It with Ice: Her powers, ironic considering which Sharen sister she's descended from.
- Retcon: She was originally referred to as being a Sullisin'rune, but this was changed so that she was a Sharen, which actually makes more sense in the context of the story.
- Unexplained Recovery: Subverted. She never actually recovered, and what confronts Chrys'tel and company later is actually a summon.
A renegade Sharen and one of Nishi'kanta's daughters. First appearing in Chapter 43 outside of Mimaneid, her concept art can be found here◊.
- The Dog Bites Back: She helps disable the golems at First Landing, making the Sharen unprepared for the Sarghress attack.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Stated to be keeping her hair short until Sharen honor is restored.
- Expy: Bears a striking resemblance to Auron, especially with that coat.
- Hot-Blooded: Which ironically makes her the only member of Nishi'kanta's lineage shown so far with a fiery temper.
- Playing with Fire: Shares her mother's affinity.
- No One Gets Left Behind: Refuses to leave Chisgusa behind when she falters.
A renegade Sharen and one of Nishi'kanta's daughters. First appearing in Chapter 43 outside of Mimaneid, her concept art can be found here.
- The Corruption: She is heavily tainted, and it's implied her seed is starting to overcome her.
- Dying as Yourself: She's rather die "in the mud" than succumb to her taint.
- I Will Only Slow You Down: Invokes this when trying to convince Chess'riia to leave her behind.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail hangs down all the way to her knees.
Dindr'aen and Perciva Val'Sharen*note
A trueborn daughter (Din) and her protector twin (Perci) of Nishi'kanta's lineage. They first appear alongside Nishi'kanta outside of Mimaneid in Chapter 43. Their concept art can be found here◊ (Din) and here◊ (Perci).
- By the Hair: Both are subjected to this by Diva for their crass behavior.
- Drop the Hammer: Perciva's weapon.
- Making a Splash: Perciva's affinity is water sorcery.
- Multicolored Hair: They both have mainly black hair with some orange at the tip of the ponytail.
- Romantic Wingman: Perciva serves as this for Dinr'aen, personally screening prospective suitors.
- Single-Minded Twins: Which is reinforced by their text bubbles being the same color.
- Surprise Incest: Who knows how they'd react if they found out that they were groping their grandmother.
- Trickster Twins: Shown pulling a Twin Switch in Din's concept art, with Nishi'kanta commenting that just giving her crown to her twin isn't enough to fool her. This is presumably why the two prefer to dress and look alike, though a close examination of their concept art shows they do have different facial structures.
Ni'ju and Ni'bai
See their entry under the Vloz'ress clan entry.