Click to go back to the character index.
- The Faceless: Averted; we see his face at least twice in the webcomic.
- Cute Kitten: ...according to China.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "Shinatty" comes from a derisive nickname "Shina", given to Chinese people by the Japanese during World War II. It's part of the reason why the character is controversial, and likely why his appearances were excluded from the anime (similar to the cases of South Koreanote , and Tibetnote )
- Shoddy Knockoff Product: of Hello Kitty
- Psychotic Smirk: Comes with the territory of being one of China's ripoffs.
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: Despite tormenting Russia for most of his lifetime, he is Russia's greatest ally during times of war.
- Humanoid Abomination: General Winter takes the form of an elderly man in a military uniform.
- The Worf Effect: He easily gets defeated in the Hetalia Bloodbath 2010, despite being hyped up as a very powerful being who terrified Russia.
- Kappa: Naturally
- Adorable Evil Minions: Mochimerica is one to his daddy Lettuce.
- All Just a Dream — Or Was It a Dream??
- All There in the Manual: Many mochis appear only in sketches.
- Badly Battered Babysitter: ... Poor, poor Estonia.
- Berserk Button: Confusing Mochicanada with an American.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Lettuce wants to destroy the world!
- Big Damn Heroes: Mochicanada saves the world from Lettuce!!!!
- Bilingual Bonus: The dialog of the King of Rice Cake is not exactly the same in the japanese text.King of Rice Cake: Get out of my sight! Holy Bitch!!note
- British Stuffiness: The Iggymochi so, so much.
- Catchphrase: "It's okey, I'm American!", "Dolce!", "Rubbish".
- Canada, Eh?: Mochicanada actually speaks like that...CANADA is greatest country!
- Cluster F-Bomb: Mochimerica...just...Mochimerica. 
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Canada, of all mochis, eats Mochiamerica's father in order to save the world.
- Cry Cute: Mochicanada
- Comedic Sociopathy: The Letucce and Mochimerica have traits of this.
- Death Glare: The German Cube, but he's not a bad guy.
- Emoticon: Mochimerica: ([∂]ω[∂])
- Eyes Always Shut: All the Italian mochis, Mochirussia and the Spain mochi.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: All mochis speak this though apparently it isn't really meant to make sense.
- Idiot Hair: Mochicanada. Mochinorge and the Italian mochis have one. Mochimerica lacks one, but fanartists have a tendency to give him one anyway.
- Jerkass: Mochimerica seems to be shaping up to this.
- Luminescent Blush: All mochis have it.
- Luke, You Are My Father: Somehow...
- Luke, I Am Your Father: And latter we have the following exchangeLettuce: I'm your daddy yeah. Hi my son!!!Mochimerica: Wow!! You are daddy?
- Magical Land: The world of mochis.
- Mean Brit: Iggymochi could be a little nicer.
- Nice Hat: Englandmochi wears one.
- No Mouth: Mochirussia. But he does have a very long tongue.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Lettuce...
- Overlord Jr.: ...and Mochimerica seems just a bit to happy about all that destroying the world business...
- Overly Long Tongue: Russimochi. And it's scary.
- Perpetual Smiler: Spainmochi, yes, even when he's crying.
- Power Gives You Wings: Mochimerica grows wings when he become The King of Rice Cake (the mochi-fairy).
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: All mochis, no exception.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: "This gay's conceited" should be "This guy's conceited" we think... Unless...
- Scarf of Asskicking: Russimochi, naturally.
- Shout-Out: Lampshaded when Estonia notices how Mochimerica resembles Dali's Persistence of Memory
- Sitcom Archnemesis - Vitriolic Best Buds: Mochimerica and Mochirussia. They like to fight each other so very much.
- Stage Magician: Mochitalia is really good doing the "Vanishing Handkerchief Trick" which, for some reason, cause German Cube to freak out.
- Sugar Bowl: The Land of Mochis.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: In a weird twist, they use little flags. Estonia doesn't seem to notice though.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Lettuce for Mochimerica, Pasta for Itamochi, Maple Syrup for Mochicanada, Tea for Iggymochi and Tomatoes for Spainmochi.
- Trapped in Another World: To show his gratitude the King of Rice Cakes send Estonia to the mochi-land he can go back by picking another mochi, go figure.
- Truly Single Parent: Lettuce... maybe.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Mochimerica can grown arms, legs, wings, more arms...
- World Gone Mad: Aliens think so, at least.Alien 1: Oh god...Alien 2: WTF
- You Killed My Father: Letucce is eaten away by Mochicanada, much to Amerimochi's horror
- Defeat Means Friendship: Sealand beats up Parallel!France when he tries to kidnap him. The next scene has them talking amiably while Parallel!France explains what's going on.
- Love at First Sight: Parallel!Spain falls in love with Belgium after being given a scarf.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Parallel!America
- Nice Guy: Parallel!France
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Sorta. Finding The Chosen One to save the world was their mission... and they tried to fuilfill it via abducting the nations.
The Nekotalia Cast (Germouser, Itabby, Japaneko, etc.)
- Canine Companion: Pochi, too. Japaneko even rides on his back.
- Cats Are Mean: Germouser, but only when Itabby or Austriacat push his buttons.
- Cats Are Snarkers: Japaneko, when he's not gushing over his beloved tuna.
- Cute Kitten: You have to ask?
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Prussia-cat has one across his left eye.
- Flower Motifs: Hunkitty and Kittaiwan have flowers on their furs, just like the girls they represent wear flowers on their hairs.
- Impoverished Patrician: Austriacat lives in a run-down house that apparently was very cozy and complains about being alone...
- Names to Know in Anime: The cats that appeared in the anime were voiced by the same seiyuus as their owners: E.g: Itabby by Daisuke Namikawa, Hiroki Yasumoto for Germouser, etc. Monacat was the only exception: she's voiced by Yuki Kaida, but Monaco had not shown up in the anime (and Yoko Hikasa is slated to voice her).
- Only One Name: All of the cats, including Japaneko and Itabby who were formally given a pet name ("Tama" and "Gino" respectively) have one name since they're well... cats.
- The Ojou: Monacat is just as dainty-looking as her owner Monaco. She even has a kitty collar that looks like jewelry!
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Russiacat manages to pull this towards Itabby and Romanocat.
- Talking to Himself: Japaneko and Russiacat were shown with their owners, so this took place.
- Trademark Favorite Food: For Japaneko, tuna is Serious Business.
- Uncatty Resemblance: ALL of them look like their owners.
- Deadpan Snarker: The dub narrator. She tends to snark the characters and the viewers.
- Female Gaze: Subverted; she's happy to talk about France and other men getting naked in one episode, but she goes on to say that she only wants to see it because she thinks the male form is rendered "kind of silly when naked".
- Lemony Narrator: Especially in the dub.
- Take That, Audience!: In-universe, she tends to make fun of American viewers and anime fans.
- Unseen Character: For obvious reasons.
- Yaoi Fangirl/Shipper on Deck: Talks about male/male relationships in a teasing manner and comments that Britain and France "love each other...sexually".
- Alien Invasion: What they try to do.
- The Assimilator: They plotted to make the Earth just like them.
- Big Bad: All of them in the movie, "Paint It White".
- The Blank: They're an entire race of this trope. And they can make humans this way just by touching them.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: A possible interpretation of their actions.
- HeelFace Turn: When Italy shows them the concept of fun.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: The closest things to real villains the show has ever had.
- Bishie Sparkle: Whenever he appears, he has sparks around him.
- The Pollyanna: Has shades of this. He tells the Teutonic Knights (later Prussia) that he needs "more love":—I believe that as long as you treat everything and everyone with love, you will be able to touch their hearts.