Hell Verse is the fourth and final animated film in the Bleach franchise .
In the depths of Hell, a chained skeleton slowly regenerates while witnessing a memory of Hollow Ichigo's battle with Ulquiorra.
In the World of the Living, life is going on as usual for Ichigo when he encounters Renji and Rukia on a top-secret mission, and is told to mind his own business. Out of the blue, he and his friends are attacked by four mysterious beings wearing cloaks and masks. Renji arrives, and after one of the figures is unmasked the Gates of Hell appear and the figure is slain by a massive creature. Renji explains that the cloaked figures are Sinners, those condemned to Hell, and Ichigo realizes the attack was a diversion and that more Sinners are at his home. Arriving to see Rukia engaged in combat and his little sisters being abducted, Ichigo is powerless to stop them until a Sinner named Kokuto comes to aid him and chases off the others, rescuing Karin. Yuzu is taken to Hell, and Kokuto explains that the Sinners are trying to lure Ichigo to Hell in the hopes of helping them escape via his powerful Hollow transformation. Despite this, Ichigo — joined by Renji, Rukia, and Ishida — decides to follow Kokuto to Hell to stop the Sinners and save his sister... but not all is as it seems.
Released in 2010. Viz Media dubbed it in English and released it on Blu-Ray in 2012.
- Action Prologue: The film begins with a very stylized scene recounting the battle between Hollow Ichigo and Ulquiorra. This is later revealed to be Kokuto watching this and hatching his plan to try and free himself from Hell.
- Back from the Dead: Shuren and his flunkies are able to do this when killed, as Hell won't let them die until they utterly give into despair. They're reborn from a lava-filled cauldron of sort after the heroes manage to kill them. The only way to keep them from coming back is to either fall into the cauldron itself or prevent them from reforming, which Kokuto does to Shuren.
- Big Bad: Shuren, one of the Sinners who orchestrates the whole plot of the movie or so he thought. In truth it's really Kokuto who tricked Shuren into luring Ichigo into Hell so he could enact his plan. Shuren turns out to be more a Disk One Final Boss.
- Bling of War: Hell grants Ichigo a skeletal golden armor of sorts in his final battle with Kokuto. It's also the only thing keeping the guards of Hell at bay. Once Ichigo deactivates it they resume their attack, forcing him and his friends to run for it back to the World of the Living.
- Don't Celebrate Just Yet: After a grueling fight, Ichigo manages to beat Shuren and his lackeys. But just as he's about to go save Yuzu he's impaled by Kokuto, who reveals he was the true mastermind behind the whole thing.
- Freudian Excuse: Kokuto reveals he ended up in Hell because he killed the murderer who killed his sister and finds the whole thing unfair.
- Man Behind the Man: Kokuto. He's the one that spread a rumor to Shuren about Ichigo's power to bust open the gates of Hell. He then gained Ichigo's favor by acting as an ally. Once they had beaten Shuren, he revealed his true nature and tried to get Ichigo angry enough to Hollowfy and break his chains.
- One-Winged Angel: When Ichigo sees that Yuzu has died and been claimed by Hell, he snaps and Hollowfies out of sheer rage, trying to annihilate Kokuto with a barrage of Ceros. During their final battle, Ichigo starts to Hollowfy when Kokuto threatens to go after his sisters again, but stops the process by breaking off his horn.
- Power Incontinence: Hell's atmosphere causes Ichigo's Hollow powers to act up, resulting in his mask spontaneously appearing several times.
- Prequel: The only movie to have a manga and anime episode (Episode 299) that lead into the film. It showcases the return of Shrieker (the bat-like Hollow with bombs from in early in the series) coming back as a Sinner to take his revenge on Ichigo. He fights Rukia and Renji, but is defeated and manages to escape back to Hell, only to be killed by Shuren, who sent him as a test of the suits that they would wear to invade the human world. At around the same time, Szayelaporro Grantz and Aaroniero Arruruerie end up in Hell after their battles in Hueco Mundo and are likewise defeated by Shuren's crew, who prepare to start their plan.
- Rescue Arc: The main focus of the arc which is to rescue Yuzu. Then later Rukia, Renji, and Uryu after Kokuto captures them.
- Thanatos Gambit: Shuren's minions fought Ichigo's team with the knowledge they would be killed, intending to respawn and help their boss take on Ichigo and Kokuto.
- To Hell and Back: The other focus of the plot involves going into Hell, something that was showcased in the series' early chapters but was never brought up again.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Kokuto sets up the whole thing in the hopes of Ichigo using his Hollow form to break his chains. He succeeds in having his chains broken by Skullclad Ichigo... only for Ichigo to summon more chains to suddenly ensare him and drag him further down into Hell.
- Super Mode: At the end of the film, a Kusanada grants Ichigo its power to fight Kokuto, giving him a golden bone-armored form called Skullclad Ichigo.