Make a list of all your named characters!:
edited 8th Dec '12 7:43:09 AM by danna45
edited 27th Dec '12 12:36:24 PM by Dimanagul
- Basic Information: If you wanted a picture of Phantom Claw, think of a well trained squadron of political assassins, utterly no nonsense, and not adhering to any of the combat tropes that are prevalent in my books. Opponent monologuing about philosophy? Stab him. Target is acting suspiciously? Kill him before anything can come of it.
- Phantom Claw's "Spade Deck"
- King of Spades Chris Ocrelon III: The nominal leader of Phantom Claw, he leads the majority of their operations. While he claims to feel disdain for the rich and powerful of muggle society, Chris is a hypocrite in this regard. He is far, far nastier than you'd guess by his Affably Evil exterior.
- Queen of Spades Alexia Arnold: Alexia Arnold likes to play the "moral center" of the team, pretending to be a merciful and gracious figure. This is a lie. If they're ever trying to squeeze information out of someone, she plays that up, mostly in order to gain their trust. Deep down, however, it would not be too unfair to describe her as a White Witch-like individual. She has a number of disgusting habits, not the least of which is her self admitted "love of teenage boys."
- Jack of Spades Cedric Briggs: At first, Cedric seems like an excitable teenage boy in a young adult man's body. He acts really excited when fighting is going on, seems almost comically careless, often hitting himself with his own spells, and most often babbling at air. Turns out, though, he's the main planner of their operations. Cedric has some childish qualities to him even in business mode, calling his enemies "meanies".
- Ten of Spades Claudia Bartlett: The only current member of the team who knows that Kyrio Streika is still the head of Phantom Claw, or even that he exists. Claudia acts as the team psychologist, being a big time Psycho Psychologist. Claudia feels trapped in a loveless marriage, and has tried to corrupt numerous people into killing her husband. There is way more than that, but she always claims she has to have her secrets "because all women have their secrets~"
- Nine of Spades David Mackenzie: David possibly never really wanted to be a member of Phantom Claw. He was simply too insane due to a Vesper Core shoved into his chest. He relies on medicine Claudia provides him to stay at least somewhat sane. He is very rarely calm, and often has mood swings. Which, given his Crystal Magic, can be deadly in and of themselves.
edited 27th Dec '12 10:14:47 PM by NickTheSwing
- 1. Ujasiri of Dragonbreath: Half orc, half elf, this little gal is completely fixated on having an adventure of a lifetime. Loves fighting and thanks to that elven agility mixed with orcish strength, she's an extremely proficient warrior despite using a relatively simple fighting style. She's also relatively smart, be it in book smarts or street smarts. Completely devoted to Kulderak, patron god of orcs. The very first great adventure leaves her... quite bitter. Due to several important things happening, she's branded queenslayer and is framed to being a cause of the greatest war Sunset Peninsula has ever witnessed. Thankfully manages to fix it up with sufficient help. It's hard to piss her off, but once she's angry, she's not going to stop, which goes only worse and worse. Turns out being a pseudo-avatar of Kulderak does this to you.
- 2. Luther Hornisse: An aging inquisitor of Worgołak, patron god of gnolls(albeit Luther himself is human). A Cool Old Guy who really tries to fix Worgołak's reputation on Peninsula. Proficient with hammer and certain forms of magic. Consumptive which later does him in.
- 3. Eon Schutzmann: A gnoll cop from Ustalfar, foul-mouthed, covered with scars, with scary Prophet Eyes and the very incarnation of Combat Pragmatist. Despite this unpleasant exterior, he's a good guy at heart. Holds Ujasiri in a very high regard, although they do not always agree. Blows himself up to allow Ujasiri, Luther and Latiana an escape from a group of mechanytes.
- 4. Latiana Ofelia Kornugon: An elven princess of Ful'Art and the last of Kornugon line. An absolute sweetheart, although she tries to mask it with a healthy dose of sarcasm and snarking. Like a stereotypical elf, an expert of archery although she's proficient with a rapier too. While she was destined to rule as a queen, she got usurped by a regent of hers which almost got her killed. Ujasiri and the others helped her to get back at throne, but considering she was still too young by the letter of elven law, she tagged along. Quoting her, "monarchy is a relict of the past", so she doesn't really miss the title. [[spoiler: Has a crush on Ujasiri, which never has a chance to be reciprocated as she dies by hand of Jumalan Marwolaeth.
- 5. Adeon Falcontet: An old human mercenary with distinguishable red hair and a penchant for fighting as dirty as possible. Appears completely apathetic, aiding with both bad and good guys alike, being here just for the money. Heavily cynical. Happens to be an avatar of Worgołak as well.
- 6. Baltazar Truffel: Big Bad, a Sy'Barg - organic who voluntarily embraced the ways of mechanytes - responsible for their rise to power and shaping them into this heavily militaristic, totalitarian state Peninsula hates and fears. A great case of Affably Evil which gives a stark contrast in comparison with his top enforcer, Jumalan Marwolaeth. The creator of Everlasting Order, an artificial mechanytes' deity, as well as the one responsible for setting the plan which plunged Peninsula into war. While he was believed to be destroyed, he's got a few spare bodies to use which allowed him for even more effective manipulation. Finally dispatched by Ujasiri.
- 7. Jumalan Marwolaeth: A Sy'Barg who once used to be a dragonblood, which is ironic considering mechanytes and dragonbloods are mortal enemies. No.1 Assassin of Baltazar, for all his proficiency he's impolite, contemptuous and holds utter spite for organics. His assasination of Empress Sakura Nikihisa sets the final cog of Baltazar's plan to plunge Peninsula into a senseless war, he also kills Latiana earlier on. Killed by Ujasiri.
- 8. Jautis Kraujo: A minotaur mercenary, as bloodthirsty as they get. Considers himself The Rival of Ujasiri and often clashes axes with her. Killed by Eon in a way that could only be considered Offhand Backhand with a revolver, but is later "revived" as a forcefully Sy'Bargized version of himself, armed with a chainsword and bereft of any emotions he could possibly have earlier. Put out of his misery permanently by Ujasiri.
- 9. Drakonas Riteris: Another minotaur who happened to be The Rival of Jautis a few years ago. Gladiator-turned-mercenary, he averts all combat stereotypes associated with minotaurs by using a spear and a hoof knife. Along with Ujasiri, Adeon and Mordimer he creates a "second team" keen on eliminating Baltazar once and for all. Disillusioned and an avid follower of Fidelis, demon god whom Ujasiri hates, for lack of better words.
- 10. Mordimer Sharrukas: Teenage girl turned vampire in her childhood. Having "lived" over 200 years like that, she developed an immense hatred for her own kind and hunts them down as a "vampire killer". Something of a Knight Templar, as she kills all vampires, regardless of their deeds. Allies with Ujasiri, Adeon and Drakonas after being helped with a certain pesky vampire. She's conscious that she's no better or even worse than her kin, but refuses to acknowledge it and wades in this madness until finally being snapped out of it by her team.
- 11. Genn Black Crest: A current Emperor of Holy Wolf Empire, this black-furred gnoll is both a ruthless, pragmatic warrior and a benevolent, well-meaning ruler. Makes it absolutely clear that all attempts of crossing him will end bad for his opposition. Personally leads the army and is a small army all by himself as well, being aided with power of Worgołak. Due to many machinations of Baltazar and his underlings, Holy Wolf Empire assaults Greenskins' Commonwealth, Ujasiri's home country, and completely destroys it via superior military. Confronted by an angry crossbreed and defeated, he later sees that most of what was happening is due to mechanytes' doing and provides a vast military force as a sort of apology. "Worgołak embraces pragmatism and opportunity, but also rewards loyalty", quoting the man.
- 12. Samael: A comer from that other world. Having nothing else to do, he decided to do some planet-travelling and ended up on Peninsula. As cryptic, enigmatic and with a bad sense of humor as always, his task here is to make sure that Ujasiri carries on what she has to do: Bringing an end to Mechanytes. Why? It amuses him.
edited 25th Jan '13 7:04:04 PM by tsstevens
edited 24th Jan '13 3:54:31 PM by Noaqiyeum
- Sq. Com. Orlon Hario: Human fighter pilot. Stranded at the start with...
- Drg. Haan Kilash: Orc dragonier (captain of a dragon crew). Accidentally burns down his own prison complex at the start.
- Cpt. Uruzawa: Troll infantry captain, pursues Kilash for his aforementioned crime.
- Lt. Railo Suntarion: Leader of an Elven Ranger (their Spec Ops) platoon sent out to rescue Hario.
- Lt. Hinaaku: Forest ape (similar to Star Wars' Wookies) heavy gunner and infantry lieutenant. Appears sporadically fulfilling various obligations in Uruzawa's absence.
- Cpt. Yl Dhirsdun: Dwarven infantry captain. Leads the assault on Kilash's prison camp early in the story; appears again later.
- Arcanist Mydelia Tiralos: Warmage (powerful front-line elf wizards) and love interest of Suntarion. A Hero of Another Story of sorts, though there are touching moments between her and Suntarion.
- Pvt. Tilo Kistan: Human sharpshooter. The story opens from his perspective, though he doesn't play much of a role later.
- Wing Lt. Khoyza Manthol: Haan Kilash's right-hand man. Killed off in the initial battle, though he appears often in flashbacks.
- Dragon General Tanzor Uzbadek: The military representative on the orcish High Council, he is currently the de facto leader due to the war.
- Kender Salaas: Prime Minister of the human kingdom of Halvaslia, from which most major human characters hail. Eventually turns into the main villain of the story, though I'm not quite sure how yet...xD
- High Shaman Fradi Khimboza: The religious represntative on the orcish High Council. She pardons Kilash of the prison camp disaster in exchange for him leading the charge on the Halvaslian capital.
edited 24th Feb '13 8:29:35 AM by terlwyth
edited 3rd Apr '13 9:01:53 PM by Demetrios
- 1. Jenny Dragoste: Main heroine, class: Swordmaster. Going under No.7. Cool, level-headed, always a bit skeptical to things. Usually doesn't get too carried away with emotions, reserving them for her boyfriend, Richard. As a Swordmaster she's mostly a Jack of All Stats sans magic, able to both attack and defend well. Relies on long combos rather than special attacks. Didn't take Richard's death well and it is the moment when she realizes that this game is not just a game. Is determined to make sure people will hear about government's project, even if it's going to turn the whole USA upside down.
- 2. Richard Lincoln: Jenny's boyfriend, class: Bard under No. 8. An absolute sweetheart and quintessential Nice Guy. Plays violin with giant proficiency. Something of a romantic. As a Bard he stays out of direct fights, rather using instruments to channel his magical powers in various forms, be it offensively or defensively, aiding Jenny in battle pretty nicely. Lacks in defense though. Eliminated eighth by Jason Blitz.
- 3. Jason Blitz: class: Dark Knight under No. 1 and the main antagonist. The Ace of the game, effortlessly overcoming every challenge thrown at him, he's the most powerful out of all players by a wide margin, combining expert swordsmanship, dark magic and dirtiest of tricks. It surely helps him boost his self-confidence in real life, considering he's a complete loser with indifferently cold parents, broken heart and no purpose in life. Cares little about the whole project or even the prize as, quoting the man himself, "having a purpose in life, even as meager as that, is a treasure nothing can match. Largest bodycount out of all players. Last to be eliminated by Jenny.
- 4. Antonio Allegro: Best pal of Jenny and Richard, class: Berserker under No. 3. Big Fun in real life who likes cracking not-so-subtle jokes regarding sexual life of the two. As a Berserker, he cares little for strategy and defense, prefering to just murder things in his way. As an acquaintance of Choker and Encantandor he spots suspicions earlier than Jenny and wholeheartedly agrees to help her out in revealing the truth. Twelfth to be eliminated by Maddeline Cars.
- 5. Dante Zerstörer: class: Copycat under No. 16. A mysterious enigma who helps out Jenny and Richard, introducing himself by Back Stabbing Jillian Lovelace. With a weird quirk of ending his statements with an asking "yes" and even weirder sense of humor he seems like a cool guy. That is, unless you were tipped off by his surname which means "destroyer" in German. You'd be quite right he's up to no good, revealing his true colors at the very end of this story as a Big Bad and the son of lead game designer. He's aware of how the mechanic of dying works and takes sadistic glee in watching events unfold, killing Scarborogue and almost killing Jenny. He also reveals that the whole game is just a government project which task is to create a mind of a killing machine, obedient to a fault. Additionally, designers already think of a technology being able to override the barrier between normal and semi-virtual, transferring said super soldier to real life. Eliminated as fourteenth by Blitz. As a Copycat he can mix up techniques used by all other classes to varying effect.
- 6. Hikari Kokoro: Blitz's ex-girlfriend and the reason he took up The Game in the first place, class: Samurai under No. 15. Appears as a bitch, but it's mostly a facade to "keep stupidity away from me". In reality, he's a caring and selfless girl, albeit a bit arrogant. Very proud and for a good reason as she's the only player able to match Blitz in a straight-up fight from a get-go. Always lets her opponents go with an exception of Everfrost, content on schooling them. As a Samurai she mixes up beautiful technique with many mystical skills. Eleventh to be eliminated by Jenny.
- 7. Dorothy Albright: class: Priest under No. 6. A girl with a heart made of pure gold, possibly the most idealistic and "good" out of all players. A Girl Guide in real life, always smiling and always able to lend a hand. A firm Christian which put her at odds with Jillian many years ago. Usually tags alongside Antonio or Hikari. As a Priest she focuses on healing and buffs, but can also disperse dark magic which plays a key role in defeating Jillian's Flesh Golem. She is also ridiculously resilient and when forced to melee fights very defensively. The only person to make Blitz go completely ballistic, which earns her a very long, very cruel and very rasputinian death. Tenth to be eliminated by Blitz.
- 8.Nadja Kuznecova: A Starter Villain, class: Summoner under No. 9. Born in a cold, unforgiving climate of Siberia, Nadja is very similar to her place of origin: dangerous like a frostbite and similarly malignant. Very full of herself, be it due to her power or her looks(which are very revealing and round, as both Richard and Antonio can assure). A temptress, smug to a fault, but in no way weak. As a Summoner she can call forth various monsters to aid her in battle or assume their forms herself, though she has very little for her own defense. Always assisted by Carreau the Fallen Angel who does most of boring "farming" job for her. First to be eliminated by Jenny's hand, but not before she merges her leftovers with Carreau, attempting to take Jenny, Richard and Antonio and almost succeeding before Blitz decides to interrupt her with a dynamic entry, cutting her in half.
- 9. Jillian Isadora Lovelace The Second: class: Necromancer under No. 6. A lonely rich kid in real life, abandoned by pretty much everyone: her busy parents, her friends and her relatives. She took up Satanism out of curiosity and found a necessary haven in it, slowly isolating herself more from the society. Used to be friends with Dorothy and now regards her as a worthy opponent. As a Necromancer she can summon undead and throw curses to slowly grind off all of opponent's health into nothing. As long as she can imagine something, she can raise it which results in a creation of a Flesh Golem who proves more than a challenge for Jenny and Richard until Dorothy comes in. Sixth to be eliminated by Zerstörer.
- 10. Arthur Choker: Conchita's boyfriend, class: Illusionist under No. 13. It's easy to mistake him for gay in real life, but as he himself says, he does it on purpose to confuse people and have fun watching them squirm. As a Illusionist, he is the master of the mind and trickery, able to screw with his opponent's mind quite easily. Alongside Conchita he makes a battling couple with her. Fifth to be eliminated by Everfrost.
- 11. Conchita Encantador: Arthur's girlfriend, class: Gambler under No. 14. A playful Latina troll in real life, she loves harmlessly screwing with people. A big prankster, but a good-natured one. As a Gambler, she uses the powers of Luck to do her bidding which can mean she can easily defeat the mightiest of opponents... or be defeated by the rank-and-file. Completely loses her shit after Arthur's death. Seventh to be eliminated by Richard.
- 12. Lucas Everfrost: class: Sniper under No. 4. Born in a military family and raised in a strict upbringing, he has one goal: victory. Both rewards and satisfaction interest him little as he approaches everything with the same cold, callous demeanor worthy of his surname. As a Sniper, he's a master of long-distance asssasination and camouflage, though he is also adept at setting up traps, using poisons and every dirty trick in the book. Ninth to be eliminated by Hikari.
- 13. Maddeline Cars: class: Gunslinger under No. 10. The definition of snarkiness, she forms a "Chicago Trio" alongside Mizu and Charbon. Short-tempered, short-height, flat... you do not piss her off. She really means well though. Is the first to realize things are going south and does not take this well, gradually falling into deeper and deeper insanity until she's blinded by rage towards everything. As a Gunslinger, she mixes up ranged weaponry and acrobatic maneuvers into some slick Gun Kata. Thirteenth to be eliminated by Jenny.
- 14. Kiyoko Mizu: class: Sorcerer under No. 12. A high-spirited otaku who loves all things cute and cuddly. Forms a lesbian couple with Charbon. As a Sorcerer, she manages four elements to aid her in battle, throwing fireballs, causing earthquakes and the likes. Fourth to be eliminated, shortly after Charbon by Blitz.
- 15. Edith Charbon: class: Thief under No. 11. A romantic girl from France, an avid fan of ballades, love stories and the likes. Something of a cuckoolander too. In a lesbian relationship with Mizu. As a Thief she uses speed and agility to deliver deadly blows from most unexpected of places. Third to be eliminated, shortly before Mizu, by Blitz.
- 16. Peter Scarborogue - class: Paladin under No.2. Boisterous Canadian both in real life and in the game. Well meaning, but rather naive and not very smart. As a Paladin he's an antithesis of Dark Knight, coupling masterful dexterity, supporting magic and the iron will. Considers Blitz to be his rival and clashes a few times with him through the course of the story, usually getting his butt served. Second to be eliminated by Zerstörer. Offscreen, too.
edited 24th Apr '13 1:50:33 PM by Squeakythemaster
- The Steel-Clan Wolves: Line of Powered Armor using heroes. The mantle has since been retired.
- Sonicolumbus: Speedster. Retired.
- Concealed: Invisibility. KIA.
- EmKathy. Part of a crime fighting team with her main squeeze, The Duke. Psychic powers up the wazoo. KIA, Never Found the Body.
- The Duke. Part of a crime fighting team with his main squeeze, EmKathy. Absorption and discharge of energy. KIA, Never Found the Body.
- The Mighty: Flying Brick. KIA.
- Omega: Flying Brick. KIA.
- The Deep Sound. Make Me Wanna Shout. MIA.
- Beacon. Light 'em Up. KIA.
- Night Chameleon. Batman knockoff. MIA, presumed dead.
- Speedster. Guess. KIA.
- Itaken. Badass Normal. KIA.
- Martial Master. Badass Normal. KIA.
- Carlossus. Size alteration. KIA.
- Jumping Jack. Enhanced agility. KIA.
- Oceanus. Making a Splash. KIA.
- Bouncing Bobby. Enhanced agility. KIA.
- Field Test. Playing with Fire. MIA.
- Camelot: Successor to the Steel-Clan Wolves. Powered Armor. Retired.
edited 24th Apr '13 4:35:51 PM by Eagal
- The Gargoyle / Black Bird / The Lineage Defender: One of Sharon's elite servants, actually far, far stronger than her, but bound to her service all the same. It is an incredibly intelligent hunter who cares for naught but defending the "Lineage", and hunting down enemies of the New Order...and any failed officers and agents. Incredibly strong and fast, the Gargoyle can teleport between shadows, making him incredibly stealthy and frightening.
- Sharon Tate Roman: The Big Bad...or is she? Sharon Tate Roman is the wealthy heiress to the Roman Family, and head of a secretive cult-like group that has people across the world in her pocket, due to her Alchemist abilities. She is known as The Trader in the inner circle. While she acts sweet and innocent, this is a cover for a manipulative and deceitful personality. She is not a fighter, though her manipulation of silver and gold can become...troublesome.
- Aaron Woodstock: A corrupt Senator of a long family line...of equally corrupt politicians and businessmen. He is with Sharon to get the Fountain of Youth, with which he intends to live forever. Sharon primarily manipulates him into giving her all the money and resources she could need.
- Lord Arcana: The Bigger Bad, the operator of the Gargoyle, and Sharon's seemingly lazy, slovenly boyfriend David. Arcana is a fatalist, and he manipulates Sharon with talk of destiny and a prophecy created by "the Mystic". Which is his alter ego. He detests Matthew for seemingly being able to thwart destiny, despite the fact Arcana is just on an ego trip. His magic is derived of the Major Arcana.
- Caleb Rausen: The eleven year old son of Derrick Rausen, a billionaire, Caleb was orphaned and set adrift with no resources, no family and no friends after his father was assassinated, his funds drained, and his friends and family seemingly having forgotten his existence. Matthew took him in, and decided to help Caleb get justice for what was done to him. With a set of scars and a missing eye, Caleb's hardships are written on him, and despite trying to keep a stoic demeanor, he often shows how hurt he is inside.