Greetings one and all!
Yes, this is Olive Tree. I'm a 18 year old British guy. I'm currently an aspiring Historian. People I know in real life tend to describe me as just a little bit weird, I honestly prefer eccentric. To myself I act the part of a Madman when I get excited, but normally I'm quite sane, sane and humble. My PM box is open most of the time, for people who want to have a chat with me personally.
PM Box is always open
I stumbled across TV Tropes when I think through lurking The Escapist forums someone had a link to Required Secondary Powers
, I got curiouser and curiouser, and eventually I wound up sitting here editing my Troper's page.
I like Reading, writing, playing Video Games
, Playing Warhammer40,000, and watching some TV programs like Fawlty Towers
, Monty Python
, Black Adder
, Red Dwarf
Some Authors I like:
- Douglas Adams
- Frank Lynn (Historian, wrote a biography of Marcus Aurelius that at the present time I'm reading)
- Peter.H.Wilson (Another Historian, wrote Europe's Tragedy: A new History of the Thirty Years War)
- David Hume
Some Video Games
I take an Interest in History and Philosophy. In regards to authors, I have read most of H.G.Wells' novels and Short stories, and I have also read the entire trilogy of Douglas Adams Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy
I also do play Dungeons & Dragons
with some close friends of mine, though I mostly do completely house rule games, and currently I'm working on setting up a world for a Sci-Fi campaign I'm going to do in the future as well as working on my books.
You may also know me as RegularDefender
open/close all folders
Tropes applicable to me by me
- Debatable, I haven't got many books, but I do love to read.
- I sometimes am this, depends whether you're a stranger to me, and we're in public.
Does Not Like Spam
- I just hate honey, not the taste it's just something about me doesn't agree with it biologically speaking. Also, I do not like Oliver Cromwell, at all. I don't know why, but I just hate him, he'll always be a regicidal maniac to me, and a tyrant.
- I have changed my opinion on Oliver Cromwell to be this. Heck, I own a replica medallion of his battle at Dunbar now. I don't agree with many of Cromwell's actions, particularly concerning Ireland, but I have to admire his military record and he had good politics. I'd go so far as to one day write my own Instrument of Government
. (Though that was more John Lambert than Cromwell writing it)
- I can sometimes be a bit witty, also I'd love to be able to have the capabilities of Snark on the level of Black Adder
Must Make Amends
- I often have no idea how people will take things, and when I offend, I intend on making things at least slightly less they could punch me in the face.
Not So Stoic
- I wish I could be The Stoic
, but I just think I feel emotion too much to clarify. At Best I'm more of a Utilitarian.
Quintessential British Gentleman
- I believe I am this, I'm upper middle class and my family owns a boat, admittedly it's only a 27 ft yacht. I also do try and be top mannered and adhere to a modernised chivalry, formed around being humble. My dress style is slowly becoming this as well, an aim for a bowler and a top hat, I own a walking stick and I often wear a blazer-type casual jacket in gray. It isn't made out of tweed yet though.
Smart People Play Chess
- I'm a diagnosed High functioning autistic guy who loves chess, doesn't mean I'm any good at it though.