This troper is a fan of:
- Tim Burton
- The Dresden Files
- The Simpsons
- The Munsters
- Hayao Miyazaki
- Harry Potter
- 1980's Don Bluth
- Lord of the Rings
- The Underland Chronicles
- Star Wars
- Super Mario Bros..
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The Twilight Zone
- Monty Python
- The Princess Bride
- Fullmetal Alchemist (the anime, not Brotherhood/Manga)
Tropes I Know Apply To Yours Truly
- AnnoyingTwin: This is justified since I annoy her to,what comes around does go around.
- Bad Ass Moustache
- Berserk Button: Don't call me retarded, And don't acknowledge the Schumacher Batman films to be in the same verse as the Burton ones,they are clearly different.
- Big Eater
- Blue Oni: To my sister's red
- Born in the Wrong Century: Technically decade in my case,most stuff I like comes from the 80's at the latest,60's most of the time,and I hate Facebook and don't own an iPod
- Brutal Honesty
- Combat Pragmatist: When of course I have to resort to violence at all.
- Chaotic Good: I don't like rules much,I never follow directions and purposely look for loopholes,I have my morals which stop me from breaking the law of the land,but otherwise.
- Funny Afro: Mostly because it's blonde,leads to a lot of comparisons to Napoleon Dynamite. I don't like that so stay away from that.
- Genki Guy: What many people think I am because of the crazy stuff I do,I really mostly do it for the laughs though,and frankly someone has to be the wild guy to spice things up sometimes.
- God Before Dogma
- Good Is Not Nice: I try to do well,but I'm brutally honest,sarcastic,cynical, and downright mean at times
- GIFT: Played With/Averted: I'm much nicer on Tv Tropes than in Real Life,much meaner on Youtube (but who isn't?),but otherwise act the same way.
- It Amused Me
- Jerk With A Heartof Gold/ Jerkass: YMMV may vary on that one,I may be seen as one or the other
- Took a Level in Kindness: Definitely not quite as mean-spirited as I was when I joined the tropes.
- Likes Older Women: Pretty much every woman I've really fallen for has been older than me,even if they didn't look like it
- Loners Are Freaks
- Lovable Rogue
- Knight in Sour Armor
- Kubrick Stare: A stare I use a lot just for the lulz
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Okay not quite that many but lets see,I have down pretty much all the Star Wars cast,Guilmon,Porumon, both the famous Gollum by Andy Serkis and the nearly forgotten one from the 1978 cartoon, both Jokers,and with enough bile in the back of my throat,a passable Atticus Finch.
- Justified due to all the voices people wanted me to provide back when I read books to the family all the time
- Meaningful Name: My actual name in fact means twin, and I have a twin.
- No Sense of Direction: Averted,used to be so good I could direct anyone from any place so long as I was there at least once. That's still kind of there but now that everyone has GPS's in their cars, no one consults me anymore,so my skills have waned.
- Not a Morning Person: Played With,I can easily wake up early or stay up late,as long as I make up the hours somewhere,which of course makes a big fan of cat-naps in the afternoons
- Younger Than They Look: Used to be a zig-zag, but academic stress hasn't been kind to me.
- One of the Kids
- Quirky People Play Stratego
- Rebellious Spirit: No Facebook,no iAnything, most likely to not do something if told to do it,yet immune to reverse psychology
- Self-Deprecation: If I didn't use this some of time,just about anyone I know would think I was insufferable.
- Sliding Scaleof Idealism Vs Cynicism: I'd put myself on the cynical side
- The Stoic: Most of the time,when I have nothing to be enthusiastic about
- The Wonka: To most people
Twelve Random Tropes Yours Truly Is Rather Euphoric About
Eleven Random Tropes Yours Truly Detests Immensely
(Because I like to go one step beyond,but I'd still rather focus on the good when I can)
Tropes The Plot Bunnies Want Yours Truly To Re-use
- Ax-Crazy: If there is a villain,it's usually this type. Whenever I make an appearance,it's usually this type
- Bechdel Test: Notably passed,...even most of my female classmates don't pass this one
- Blue Oni: Most of my protagonists
- Creator Cameo: With one exception,Terlwyth always makes an appearance. Sometimes I myself make an appearance,usually trying to kill someone
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of my characters
- Last Name Basis: Terlwyth is not the first name
- Reluctant Hero: Most of the protagonists are this
- Red Oni: My Ax-Crazy self in-universe
- San Francisco: Most of my stories take place in an expy of the place
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: I'm the wise guy,Terlwyth is the straight man
Yours Truly and his humble background for a family
The tropes to be bestowed upon yours truly
Such ideas have bought a one-way first class ticket on Air Internet to a destination called the troper wall
All that "Other Troper Commentary" Junk Submit Here,What's It Called?,...Starts with a V,...just put it here okay?
This stuff took a pilgrimage to the troper wall
Five Developing Tropes As Of Late
- Gratuitous German
- Obnoxious Snarker: I gave up on the deadpan part of Deadpan Snarker
- The Snark Knight
- Took a Level in Kindness
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: My current voice leans towards a Southern drawl, but which Southern drawl? And there are some Californian remains. This has led to much confusion from most people.
Troper Walls created by Yours Truly