As my username might have informed you, I am a huge fan of Doctor Who
. I only started watching in April 2010, but when I get into something, I really
get into it, and to date I've seen every episode of the new series at least half a dozen times. Although, I both admire and respect the work of all previous Doctors, the Tenth Doctor aka Ten
is my Doctor, and Eleven
is the only other Doctor I like in an amount even close to how much I like Ten
When it comes to companions, Rory (current companion of Eleven)and Donna (former companion of Ten) are my favorites. I despise
Rose, and despite my choice of username, Amy irritates me sometimes too. But, I still like Amy's character when she isn't throwing herself at the Doctor.
- Adorkable: My preferred type of man.
- Ambiguously Jewish
- American Accents: I'm from Northern California, and I do use the words "like", "hella", and "dude" more often than I should.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: A defense mechanism of mine.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I'm normally a fun person and easy to get along with, but God help you if you get on my bad side.
- Bilingual Backfire: Thanks to a pretty good grasp of Spanish, after overhearing a vulgar comment about me on public transit, I enjoy suggesting creative and usually anatomically incorrect things the speakers could do with their mothers. In spanish.
- Bilingual Dialogue: Occasionally, With my Japanese professor on the train to school.
- Brains and Bondage: Oh yes.
- Brainy Specs: Subverted. Since I normally wear contacts, whenever I show up somewhere in my glasses, people assume I wear them just to look smart.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Pulled a 10-page term paper out of my ass 2 hours before it was due, including correct notation and quotation. Got an A.
- Buxom Is Better: Subverted. It sucks.
- Cool Teacher: I had two back in junior high. Before becoming a teacher, he was a Hollywood stuntman. He got killed twice by John Wayne in the same movie. The other one spoke fluent Swahili as result of his years in the Peace Corps.
- Crazy Awesome: I've heard I am.
- Crowd Song: After a show, the rest of the cast of our high school musical went out for burgers. Shortly after we arrived, a cast party from another school showed up and started singing a song from their show. Not to be outdone, my classmates and I broke into "La Vie Boheme" from RENT, including the singing and dancing on the tables. Management didn't know whether to be impressed or call the cops. The other school left, having been utterly pwned.
- Easily Amused: Definitely.
- Fear of Thunder: Subverted. I actually go outside to watch lightning storms.
- Fun with Foreign Languages: One of my favorite hobbies.
- Grammar Nazi: I try.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Those being Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese.
- Hands-On Approach: My current boyfriend teaching me how to shoot. Which led to our First Kiss, which led to us becoming a couple.
- Happily Married: My parents. For 30+ years.
- Hates Being Touched: Unless I know you well enough, it's a good way to get kicked.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With my friend, Susan. Complete with occasional Les Yay.
- Hypocritical Humor: An occasional indulgence of mine.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: I've been on both sides of this one. It's not fun.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: You'd be surprised how often it works.
- Improvised Weapon: A fire extinguisher during an attempted carjacking. It worked.
- Ineffectual Death Threats: Used amongst my friends and I as terms of endearment.
- Irishman And A Jew: My friend Susan and I.
- I Want Grandkids: To any family member in a long-term relationship, including cousins and siblings.
- Jewish Mother: I have one, and I hope to be one someday. She's so good, she once guilt-tripped a friend without even meaning to.
- Kuudere: I'm quite shy, until you get to know me. Once I feel comfortable enough, I become Crazy Awesome.
- Large Ham: Sometimes.
- Loophole Abuse: How I manage to stay out of trouble most of the time.
- Man in a Kilt: Something I believe you should have to go through an application process for. Exception: David Tennant. He can wear one anytime he likes. Or nothing. In fact, forget the kilt.
- Marshmallow Hell: Done to friends for my own twisted amusement.
- Memetic Mutation: After my friends and I heard a girl on her mobile say this once on the streets of San Francisco, this has become one amongst our group: "My dad is in France, and I need more liquid nitrogen!"
- Middle Child Syndrome: Played straight for the first part of my life, and then subverted when my parents realized what they were doing.
- My Sister Is Off Limits: To their boyfriends when they are at my apartment. I don't care what they get up to during private time, but they can't do more than hold hands in front of me, earning me the nickname Captain Cock-block.
- Not a Morning Person: Unless there's free food involved.
- N-Word Privileges: Shared equally amongst my friends. You're allowed to use N-word style words about them if they can use them right back at you.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: I'm one of the goofiest members of my little group, and strangers always assume I'm an idiot. I am content to let them think it, but my friends and I know I'm the smartest of our group.
- Older than They Look: My friends and I. We're all in our mid-twenties, but have been stopped during walks by police officers during school hours asking to know why we're not in class.
- One of the Boys: Something I take pride in.
- OTP: I have two Royai and Amy/Rory
- Oral Fixation Fixation: Half the reason I love Ten so much.
- Picky Eater: Totally.
- Pregnant Badass: My friend Alaya. At 7 months pregnant, she beat a purse-snatcher into submission and used a pair of handcuffs she had in her purse to keep him restrained until the cops got there.
- Rapunzel Hair: I keep trying to get it that long, but the universe always seems to have different plans.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: My boyfriend and I.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Frequently.
- Spot of Tea: I'm not English, but I frickin' love tea. I've got about twenty kinds in my kitchen now, and I even work part-time in a tea-shop.
- The Combat Pragmatist: I don't care if it's a cheap shot. If it ends the fight quickly, and with the least possible amount of damage to me, I've got no qualms doing it.
- The Lad-ette: And proud.
- The Tease: Apparently I am this too. Not so proud of that.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Okonomiyaki.
- TV Tropes Has Ruined My Life
- Unusual Euphemism: "Mouth Present" as one for oral sex.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: As a parlor trick.
- You Need to Get Laid: I hear this frequently from my sisters.